Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

External Enclosure for Dell Laptop drive

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Are you talking about the DVD units, or about the HDD?

If you're talking about the HDD, I wouldn't bother. It's only 250GB.
    If you're talking about the DVD units, I wouldn't bother with those either. You can get a brand new external DVD writer for 30 euro or less.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

JoyPad wrote: »
    Are you talking about the DVD units, or about the HDD?

If you're talking about the HDD, I wouldn't bother. It's only 250GB.
    If you're talking about the DVD units, I wouldn't bother with those either. You can get a brand new external DVD writer for 30 euro or less.

Okay are these not the HDD? Thought it was if not need to check what's left in the laptop

Okay see the HDD now

Okay time to invest in a good hammer

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Jafin

Okay are these not the HDD? Thought it was if not need to check what's left in the laptop

Okay see the HDD now

Okay time to invest in a good hammer

Whoa whoa whoa don't get the hammer to the HDD. 250GB may not be huge by today's standards but it's still fine for storage of any media you want to keep, even if it's just a back up. I got an enclosure off Amazon a few years ago for a HDD I took out of an old laptop, so you can definitely get them. Can't find the exact one I got but something like this should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,113 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

For the sake of £30 SSD and >€10 enclosure i would not put my backups on that seagate from laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Jafin

Oh fair enough. I knew SSDs had gotten cheaper but I didn't realise they had dropped that much. Seems like the better option.

• Advertisement
Advertisement