Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timemore Coffee Scales via AliExpress

Options
  • 21-09-2020 2:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭

I usually avoid the likes of AliExpress for electrical goods etc. but I've read that the Timemore scales here is the genuine brand, which could make sense as it is a chinese company in the first place. My question is has anyone on here bought the scales from there and know if it is legit or not?

Thanks

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000262212881.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.34a03c00VjCiqy&mp=1

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭DilD

Mods can delete this, Timemore responded very quickly! FYI for anyone wondering, they are genuine Timemore products.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Klopp

I just replaced a scales i had for years i picked up in Tesco i was using for my coffee and bought this on Amazon Digital Coffee Scale

Klopp wrote: »
    I just replaced a scales i had for years i picked up in Tesco i was using for my coffee and bought this on Amazon Digital Coffee Scale

Not bad, how's the accuracy on it. CUrently using a cheap scales I picked up in TK Maxx, wildly inaccurate, if you take the beans on and off you get a different reading each time :confused:

DilD wrote: »
    Not bad, how's the accuracy on it. CUrently using a cheap scales I picked up in TK Maxx, wildly inaccurate, if you take the beans on and off you get a different reading each time :confused:

The newer scales is more accurate i think, there was 0.5g in difference between the two Scales, that might seem small but i noticed a difference using the same amount of beans with the Coffee Exaction time and the pressure Gage from my Sage Barista. I am only sorry i didn't get one sooner.

Klopp wrote: »
    The newer scales is more accurate i think, there was 0.5g in difference between the two Scales, that might seem small but i noticed a difference using the same amount of beans with the Coffee Exaction time and the pressure Gage from my Sage Barista. I am only sorry i didn't get one sooner.

Ya I'm looking for something as accurate as possible, trying to get a V60 recipe as consistent as possible and my current scales just isn't making that happen!

• Advertisement

DilD wrote: »
    Ya I'm looking for something as accurate as possible, trying to get a V60 recipe as consistent as possible and my current scales just isn't making that happen!

I would definitely recommend buying one and to everyone else who also be looking.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

That's not cheap. Bought small digital scales from eBay or Amazon for less than a tenner that reads and displays to two decimal places. Grand job.

That's not cheap. Bought small digital scales from eBay or Amazon for less than a tenner that reads and displays to two decimal places. Grand job.

True it's more expensive than most traditional scales, but when comparing to other coffee dedicated scales on the market it is a lot cheaper than some competitors, Acaia for example can run up to €300, which is obviously insane unless you are in the industry!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Even then, that's a totally unnecessary spend. For a clinical laboratory perhaps but for weighing coffee....

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭raytaxi

I got this scale recently from amazon
    Digital Coffee Scale with Timer, Electronic Hand Drip Coffee Scales with Silicone Removable Cover, Kitchen Food Weight Scale Multifunctional Pro Scale
    Sold by: BUCANIM Official Store
    Seems quite good, usb charging as well.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08BCSGH5W?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_dt_b_product_details

• Advertisement

Just ordered the Timemore, was back and forth with it but found another on ALi Express that is a legit Timemore dealer and only €40 if anyone else was looking for one! Now comes the long wait for delivery ��

Advertisement