Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I’m
    2-1-8 now.

It all feels so clunky. I know part is just missing my old squad but bloody hell, it’s rough going right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

How are you all managing the 10 hours so far, guys?

I have 4 hours left and haven’t even played my Rivals games yet so I’ll have to get cracking!

Between opening the packs, having a look around the menus and playing Squad Battles the first 6 hours have just flown by! I know I can do a lot of the menu stuff on the app but I enjoy doing it on the console.

I’ll probably do my 5 Rivals placement games and then spend the remainder of the time grinding Squad Battles although I don’t think I’ll hit any higher than Elite 3 at this rate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I just do squad battles.

Have no playable squad yet so just get this done with few packs on the way and that's it.

The real game starts when it actually starts for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

Goalkeeper's still seem to be punching every cross

Anyone giving away a lot of penalties in squad battles? Seem to give one away every 2nd game and not even using the tackle button when doing so. AI just runs into the defender and gets a pen

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Finally got my fifa points.

Got 1 walkout (David Silva)
    Got 3 boards (Zakaria, Lazio GK and some other ****ter)

12000 points down the drain and will probably not spend anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

am i right in thinking full game will be released after midnight on monday night ? please dont tell me we have to wait until 6pm on tuesday ? managed to snipe a couple more militaos, a ziyech and a martial last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

7 hours into the 10 hour trial and the game is honestly doing nothing for me.

I was very hesitant to even try the trial as I thought I’d get roped back in but I’ve found it so underwhelming. It’s like they’ve just put a small gameplay patch on fifa 20 and just reset us all back to starter squads.
    And filled milestones and packs with stadium crap.

Also, I was full sure you’d be able to just get a random teammate for co-ops, seems daft to have objectives including co-op when you can’t get random people.
    I want to be able to play a game when I want, not texting a friend to see if they’re available to go online to try an objective.
    I know some people will love the co-op element with friends but they shouldn’t put objectives behind it if you can’t randomly pair up

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭R00ster

Got this from the first Hybrid Leagues SBC. Nice Start :D

528205.jpg

Did hybrid leagues and hybrid nations

Packed
    Martial extinct keeping
    Allison extinct keeping for now
    Brandt 25k sold
    Leno 18k ish sold
    Depay extinct will sell when bin is raised
    Ndidi extinct might sell

Invested all my coins in Kroos, Busquets and David Silva

I cannot defend to save my life. And I feel it's not me, as much as it's the AI. Its the same issues as last year, but magnified. Defenders stopping runs for no reason, leaving a tonne of space, giving away penalties.

Upside, I bought in Kane. Unsurprisingly, a 40k striker is doing better than the 2k ones I was using; 13 goals and 4 assists in 7 games.

But every game is a 6-5 match.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

BrentMused wrote: »
    How are you all managing the 10 hours so far, guys?

I have 4 hours left and haven’t even played my Rivals games yet so I’ll have to get cracking!

Between opening the packs, having a look around the menus and playing Squad Battles the first 6 hours have just flown by! I know I can do a lot of the menu stuff on the app but I enjoy doing it on the console.

I’ll probably do my 5 Rivals placement games and then spend the remainder of the time grinding Squad Battles although I don’t think I’ll hit any higher than Elite 3 at this rate.

I have 3 hours left. Still have my placement games, I want to get Rodrigo in first which I’m finding impossible to snipe.
    Mgoraf wrote: »
    Goalkeeper's still seem to be punching every cross

Anyone giving away a lot of penalties in squad battles? Seem to give one away every 2nd game and not even using the tackle button when doing so. AI just runs into the defender and gets a pen
    Do the penalty glitch, move the keeper one way then to the middle and dive the way you moved. Heard this but haven’t tried yet.
    R00ster wrote: »
    Got this from the first Hybrid Leagues SBC. Nice Start :D

528205.jpg
    I wish I bought him when he was 120k
    Lord TSC wrote: »
    I cannot defend to save my life. And I feel it's not me, as much as it's the AI. Its the same issues as last year, but magnified. Defenders stopping runs for no reason, leaving a tonne of space, giving away penalties.

Upside, I bought in Kane. Unsurprisingly, a 40k striker is doing better than the 2k ones I was using; 13 goals and 4 assists in 7 games.

But every game is a 6-5 match.
    I think you’re still playing with the mindset of fifa 20, everything is much slower and you’ll need to just adjust your game and find what works for you, I’ve only played SBs so not sure what it’s like against real people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,834 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Well that definitely didn't take as long as I expected :D

RURx7CH.png

Club is almost empty now so it's gonna be a case of just building a starter team up around these two

ohUQltc.png

nice mate :D spin the 23k up now imo

No idea what they were thinking with these new menus btw, absolutely awful stuff, they've literally just added extra button presses to every screen.

Do ye reckon icons will go up or down in price when the game comes out

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Do ye reckon icons will go up or down in price when the game comes out

should go up with a huge increase in coins coming into the market i think, think about people doing their rivals placement getting those coins+ people opening packs.

chips1234 wrote: »
    should go up with a huge increase in coins coming into the market i think, think about people doing their rivals placement getting those coins+ people opening packs.

Sound, was looking at base Larsson, loved his prime 2 years ago. May as well pull the trigger now.

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Sound, was looking at base Larsson, loved his prime 2 years ago. May as well pull the trigger now.

im nearly sure it will go up not sure if it will be by alot but in any case i dont think it will lose value and either way its better to be buying players for your actual team now than after release date, ofc that goes more for the players people think will be meta.

The prices are currently going up, cause 10 hour trials have finished.

They'll dip for a bit when more people start playing for the first time again. Then once packs stop opening, they will start increasing again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Just picked Vieira up for a decent price, hopefully he sky rockets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I’m
    2-1-8 now.

It all feels so clunky. I know part is just missing my old squad but bloody hell, it’s rough going right now.

It feels like you have 11 Chris Smallings on the pitch.
    This is basically fifa20. You can see that players like Mertens and Ben Yedder will be the meta players again this year.
    I have Bernard and his agility and size is helping him fly past players even though he's only 80 speed or something. He's able to run rings about them.
    Doesn't bode well for that game. But hey there's new crowd chants and it looks like fitness cards are gone?

I got Jimenez to pair up with Kane up front, and I’ve ditched wingers.

I do find I’m having more fun against teams packed deep in their box. Kane and Jimenez actually feel dangerous when you get a cross into the box.

Need to learn corners though. I’m winning the ball every time but the aiming seems way harder this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Did the MM last night and packed Semedo.. have about 100k sitting on my reserves in Davies and Semedo :pac:

First proper team

dkg9XMO.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ikozma

Who's the best team to play as this year, I'd imagine Liverpool have gotten a serious boost

Got Gomez , Walker and Ederson from packs. Nice.
    Now I can get baby or mid Larsson. With the way the game is at the moment he would just slice through opponents.
    Or buy Aguero..he would be the same really but even better. But with icon sbcs I wonder will they require an icon or just stick in more squads for a requirement.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

5-0 on the placement games. Up to Div 2 and 124k better off.

Also got De Gea and Reguilon in the same two player pack, best pull so far and crazy considering I've a EPL/Spanish hybrid as my active squad.

Got 4 hours left, going for the early access pack. Done the 100 finesse goals on Squad Battles but nothing of note in the Rare player pack.

Ended up buying 88 Shev. Just got a chance to play one game but 5 goals :).
    Even with a hunter he doesn't feel that fast though.

Feel like stadium customisation is another thing they half-assed, there's no way to actually see what any of your changes will look like until you're in a match, why not let us see how it looks as we make changes like in 2k?

maxresdefault.jpg

• Advertisement

oh that will be a new feature for fifa 22 man :D

Advertisement