Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I've had gold Rashford for two weeks and can't believe how good he is, I can only imagine how good his IF's are.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I just need to finish West Brom now to finish the PL.

And it's going to be 80k or, which sucks, but I'll do it for the Ultimate Pack.

But it's not a matter of cost now; there's literally no strikers or CBs on the market for them :/ All day, none. So I physically can't finish the league.

Going to run through the French league tonight, and maaaaaybe the German league if the upgrades stay active.

When does toty go out of packs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Tomorrow at 17:59

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Boulders8 wrote: »
    Tomorrow at 17:59

Hopefully we get a decent content drop tonight with it being the last day for TOTY and a desirable SBC.

Parawind wrote: »
    Hopefully we get a decent content drop tonight with it being the last day for TOTY and a desirable SBC.

You would hope so but probably nothing will drop - I’m already gearing up for TOTs after the disappointment of TOTY

You would hope so but probably nothing will drop - I’m already gearing up for TOTs after the disappointment of TOTY

I'm sure there will be something, they will want to rinse everyone's clubs while they still have the TOTY hype and those league SBC end at 6pm, so they need to give people something to tempt them to spend money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Surely we are due our yearly David Luiz Flashback at this stage? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

If we don’t get an eoae Rooney tonight I can’t see it coming, will have to wait til he’s added as an icon in a future release to use him again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Hogey007 wrote: »
    If we don’t get an eoae Rooney tonight I can’t see it coming, will have to wait til he’s added as an icon in a future release to use him again.

At this stage I have to assume they're lining up an End of Era promo or something, no other explanation for why they haven't done any so far. It's not like there haven't been any big retirements either, Rooney will be an Icon in a few years and Mascherano spent years as one of the best in his position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Wasted my cards on mid icon.
    As soon as I saw English flag I just dropped,
    Ended up getting Campbell.
    Bad enough I have 2 lumbering oafs Varane and VVD without adding another one.
    Really wish I could swap VVD for Ramos. I had to drop Mukiele as a result of getting Ramos.

Christ he’s 600k.
    Hmm,maybe not so bad if I go 532 or something.

Sols a really good defender that pulls a win

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

Just packed Mid Cantona from today’s TOTY challenge SBC.

So right as the upgrade packs end they add 3 sbc’s for double 83+ attacker, midfielder and defender. (Non repeatable)

I like so many others have rinsed back 83’s and 84’s into rare gold upgrades and now they add this as we’re finished with the upgrades.
    I know it’s not a massive thing but it’s the little sneaky underhand things like this that made me move away from the game.
    It’s like they’re always out to try con or manipulate you.

And yeah I know there’ll be people out there who pack a mbappe or bruno from them and will think it’s the greatest thing ever but my point is, they could’ve added it to go beside the upgrade packs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,276 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

So right as the upgrade packs end they add 3 sbc’s for double 83+ attacker, midfielder and defender. (Non repeatable)

I like so many others have rinsed back 83’s and 84’s into rare gold upgrades and now they add this as we’re finished with the upgrades.
    I know it’s not a massive thing but it’s the little sneaky underhand things like this that made me move away from the game.
    It’s like they’re always out to try con or manipulate you.

And yeah I know there’ll be people out there who pack a mbappe or bruno from them and will think it’s the greatest thing ever but my point is, they could’ve added it to go beside the upgrade packs

Those upgrades are a racket anyway I won’t be doing them again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Had an atrocious weekend league, started well but went sour. Playing with a 4 3 3 and I felt as though I had no numbers through the middle, played a narrow 4 1 2 1 2 and felt as though there was nobody out wide, pushed up fullbacks and the opposition wingers kept running in behind freely. Had no attacking cohesiveness and not much defensive resilience (0 clean sheets in 22 or 23 games. Even if I had Pele ,I don't think it would have made a difference,with no real movement or fluidity up front
    Trialled 532 and 352 to varying levels of success but I don't see that as the way forward

Cyrus wrote: »
    Those upgrades are a racket anyway I won’t be doing them again

Very poor return from them this year, they slowly manage to take away anything remotely grindable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I don’t wanna tempt you back into upgrades packs but I got more joy today out of 6 than I did in my previous 50 combined.

Got IF Bernardo 88
    Thiago silva 85
    De gea 86
    Azpilicueta 84
    Cancelo 83

Only 1 non board. This is more how I remember it from last year, I wasn’t really expecting to get a toty but was hoping for good fodder to complete the final 2 segments of bruno sbc.

It’ll be hard to tempt me back in with an empty club :pac:

I’ll go do those 83 upgrades tho... finally some use for that untradeable dupe Dubravka. Have a load of 83s on my quick sell recovery too hmmmm

No way I'm putting 33 83 rated cards into SBCs for a return of 6. Thats an insane ratio to offer.

I will say my pack luck increased a bit this evening, in so far as I packed 6 discard IFs in the space of two hours.

Still, 150 or so packs opened in a week and barely a walk out :/

• Advertisement

Have a load of 83s on my quick sell recovery too hmmmm

How many can you stash in quick recovery? Thought it was only 5 restores at any given time

Blazer wrote: »
    Wasted my cards on mid icon.
    As soon as I saw English flag I just dropped,
    Ended up getting Campbell.
    Bad enough I have 2 lumbering oafs Varane and VVD without adding another one.
    Really wish I could swap VVD for Ramos. I had to drop Mukiele as a result of getting Ramos.

Christ he’s 600k.
    Hmm,maybe not so bad if I go 532 or something.

I have his base... very very good card. Recommend giving him a go. Surprised me how good he is.

How many can you stash in quick recovery? Thought it was only 5 restores at any given time

Yeah it’s 5 in 30 days.

That’s another thing they could easily fix with so many untradeable packs these days, just make the transfer list “duplicate storage” to include untradeables like we had in fifa 18 World Cup mode, it already existed so can’t be hard to implement

They could still limit it to 100 spaces

Yeah it’s 5 in 30 days.

That’s another thing they could easily fix with so many untradeable packs these days, just make the transfer list “duplicate storage” to include untradeables like we had in fifa 18 World Cup mode, it already existed so can’t be hard to implement

They could still limit it to 100 spaces

That duplicate storage in World Cup mode was possibly the greatest invention in FIFA, obviously stands to reason that EA never bring it back as that would prove to useful to players!

My favorite person is whoever puts Harry Maguire into SBC solutions on Futbin every few nights.

Cause every few nights between 6 and 7, every Maguire I own insta-sells for about 2000 coins more than what I paid. Easiest 50k you can make if you keep 25 or so in your tradepile, lol. Buy him for 2000, list for 4000, wait for the solutions to pop up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Done the TOTY challenges there and got......Eric Dier 3 times, i swear my luck is just the absolute pits

I have his base... very very good card. Recommend giving him a go. Surprised me how good he is.

I actually did, he was very nice.
    Might even drop Varane as no way can I drop Virgil.

Blazer wrote: »
    I actually did, he was very nice.
    Might even drop Varane as no way can I drop Virgil.

Could always try 3 at the back...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Decided to sell, sell, sell baby.

I have loads of cards and will never use them, even in SBC's

Common Golds BIN 1000 - sold 14 in 5 minutes

Consumables
    If you have any ST-CF in your club they are going BIN for 4300

I have the team I want - to get anything better I need to be looking at TOTY or Prime Icons.

SO starting at 715k. Let's see how I do by Friday.

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I just need to finish West Brom now to finish the PL.

And it's going to be 80k or, which sucks, but I'll do it for the Ultimate Pack.

But it's not a matter of cost now; there's literally no strikers or CBs on the market for them :/ All day, none. So I physically can't finish the league.

Going to run through the French league tonight, and maaaaaybe the German league if the upgrades stay active.

I know you probably wanted that ultimate pack for toty but west brom got ainsley mainland niles from Arsenal today (he has a gold card) and some other cdm with a gold card so this should make the west brom section a bit easier to complete once ea release the 2 cards updated to west brom

Another futile night of pack opening in the elusive hunt for a TOTY card but the best I got was 84 Fernandinho.

With no new players to try from packs - switched around my team to create a bit more interest and have hit a bit of form in Rivals with 4 straight wins - 19 goals for, 5 against.

Trying out Grealish and he’s been pretty decent - linking well with Neymar and Koeman is just a colossus. Have Suarez on the bench but Malen is still doing the business.

Team is currently: 4-3-3(4)

GK - De Gea
    RB - Klaiber
    CB - Koeman
    CB - VVD
    LB - Sinkgraven
    CM - Gravenberch
    CM - Fabinho
    CAM - Grealish
    RW - Van Bergen
    ST - Malen
    LW - Neymar

Have 408k in coins but I never buy players so the only improvements I can make are going to be through pack luck or SBCs! Would kill for some of the pack luck some have had on here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Another futile night of pack opening in the elusive hunt for a TOTY card but the best I got was 84 Fernandinho.

With no new players to try from packs - switched around my team to create a bit more interest and have hit a bit of form in Rivals with 4 straight wins - 19 goals for, 5 against.

Trying out Grealish and he’s been pretty decent - linking well with Neymar and Koeman is just a colossus. Have Suarez on the bench but Malen is still doing the business.

Team is currently: 4-3-3(4)

GK - De Gea
    RB - Klaiber
    CB - Koeman
    CB - VVD
    LB - Sinkgraven
    CM - Gravenberch
    CM - Fabinho
    CAM - Grealish
    RW - Van Bergen
    ST - Malen
    LW - Neymar

Have 408k in coins but I never buy players so the only improvements I can make are going to be through pack luck or SBCs! Would kill for some of the pack luck some have had on here :)

If it makes you feel any better my pack luck has been brutal all game too.
    3 icon packs done, Rush, Gerrard and Larsson.
    No usable red picks. My best pull has been Kante near the start. Didn't get a sniff of anything the last week but at least got Suarez and Dybala completed.
    I had TOTS Mbappe last year, he was like a cheat code, no wonder my luck has dried up :D

Done the 83+ attacker upgrade... two 83 untradeable duplicates :pac: don’t do it lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I don't play much, can still hold my own, but this FIFA is a downgrade in the last one. I can't believe how many great tackles I've made only to be blown up for a foul. Serious basic mechanics.

Pack luck is also worse

Last two games, 8-7 and 7-7, and that's just the tip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Straight red:

MFBczrd.gif

No foul:

ymNHjd6.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Hi folks, quick question for the more seasoned players please. I qualified for the weekend league the past two weekends, and got 14 wins from 30 and 11 from 25. I’m also only in division 5 in divisional rivals. My main issue is if I have a couple of positions were the players just don’t do it for me, my question is does it make a huge difference to have players from a different league creating a red link? Looking at some of the teams in here many people have red link full backs ete.

justshane wrote: »
    Hi folks, quick question for the more seasoned players please. I qualified for the weekend league the past two weekends, and got 14 wins from 30 and 11 from 25. I’m also only in division 5 in divisional rivals. My main issue is if I have a couple of positions were the players just don’t do it for me, my question is does it make a huge difference to have players from a different league creating a red link? Looking at some of the teams in here many people have red link full backs ete.

some of us are very fussy about red links hence why we're not elite players etc :)
    But yeah.,.if you can fit in a better player who's chem isn't below 5 or so then go for it. What brings up the chem even more is if both players etc play for the same club ie I have Valverde playing beside Kante but he's on full chem because Varane plays behind him etc.
    Also play around with formations to get higher chem etc and you can adjust them in game as well using the quick tactics.

Ah Christ, really hope they give this 2 or 3 weeks to complete as still have the last segment of bruno to do which will clear me out.

I even ended up doing the boateng sbc Friday when opening packs as didn’t want to discard some 85 rated untradeables, shoulda known they’d be sneaky and at it right after everyone is cleared out, they’ll probably put it for 1 week to try get people to rush for fifa points.

Ah Christ, really hope they give this 2 or 3 weeks to complete as still have the last segment of bruno to do which will clear me out.

I even ended up doing the boateng sbc Friday when opening packs as didn’t want to discard some 85 rated untradeables, shoulda known they’d be sneaky and at it right after everyone is cleared out, they’ll probably put it for 1 week to try get people to rush for fifa points.

I did a few regular gold upgrades last night as I saw it was paying out... got a few 84s and a dupe Alisson. Stuck in two minds now do I discard it and recover later (2 left) or just hold it but don’t open the remaining packs I have :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Big SBC coming out as now that all saved packs have been opened and fodder rinsed with Boateng, Dybala, Flashback CR7, Mid icon pack & others. They'll never change.

Would love to get an end of era Rooney but just hope they leave it there for a decent period of time. Also working on getting Prime Keane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,276 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

folks i have a heap of black cards (liberatadores are they?)

is there any sbc i can dump them in?

Cyrus wrote: »
    folks i have a heap of black cards (liberatadores are they?)

is there any sbc i can dump them in?

yeah there's the Conmebol ones...take a look at them.

Has anybody done Flashback Ronaldo? Considering doing him for his link to Dybala.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

Has anybody done Flashback Ronaldo? Considering doing him for his link to Dybala.

No but I’ve come up against him a couple of times and he’s destroyed me. I know his stats don’t look great but apparently he’s a beast. Considering doing him myself.

Straight red:

MFBczrd.gif

No foul:

ymNHjd6.gif

Yeah, this has been a problem all fifa. So many times I've clearly won the ball and it's been given as a penalty, been hacked from behind no foul/red card, but the second I do it penalty and red card!!

GavK wrote: »
    No but I’ve come up against him a couple of times and he’s destroyed me. I know his stats don’t look great but apparently he’s a beast. Considering doing him myself.

Same as that, came up against him in WL and he was a handful. Depending on rewards on Thursday, I'll try to get him in for next WL.

He's a nightmare to get the ball off of because of that ronaldo dribbling style but his shooting is muck is the difference. Still well worth it for the price to be fair

I'm going to get the West Brom SBC done and open the Ultimate Pack at 17:59 today!! So hard to snipe these players though!

One player (essentially a 90 Alisson) away from completing Flashback Ronaldo. However, would have to buy Alisson and always pains me to have to put a player into an SBC who had a higher value than the player you’re getting, unless it’s a duplicate of course. Still there’s still over 2 weeks left to do it so hopefully will pull some fodder from packs to enable me to complete it without using coins.

Also 2 parts away from completing Prime Keane - again no hurry as nearly 4 weeks left on that. Just doing them really as nothing else to do and now just dumping any duplicates in doing the icon loan cards to be used in friendlies.

Hopefully, they’ll be some decent content tonight

• Advertisement
Advertisement