Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Blazer wrote: »
    I was praying to get him in my base icons.. You were some lucky sod to get him :)
    Hell even that 1 of 3 pick where the guy had a choice between Puskas and Cruyff I would have picked Puskas over him just simply to lock the guy down. He's a end game striker.

I was actuakky gonna try cruyff this year but cant fit him in because i love zidane too much,

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I was praying to get him in my base icons.. You were some lucky sod to get him :)
    Hell even that 1 of 3 pick where the guy had a choice between Puskas and Cruyff I would have picked Puskas over him just simply to lock the guy down. He's a end game striker.

Wow, you're rating him over Cruyff??? :eek: I've a base/mid icon pack ready to open, wonder if I'll get him....

(I really want something for my Utd P&P team like Base Rio or Beckham)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

And therein lies the problem now.
    You can never go back to a lower rated striker.
    Even Mbappe doesn’t hold a candle to Puskas finishing wise with his 97 composure.
    I’ve tried and always end up going back.
    Realistically the only striker I could replace and afford with him would be mid Eusebio.
    Even with unlimited coins only Eusebio could replace him.
    You can drop him, but you start noticing all those shots your striker takes and misses and you think”Puskas wouldn’t have missed those ffs” and you end up buying him back :)

Played a few more games now.

He has that bull**** factor some icons too. Balls bounce just perfectly for him way too often, or he hits a shot that shouldn’t go in but easily does. Reminds me of the likes of R9 or Eusebio when I use them on draft. It’s not their stats. Icons just sometimes seem to preform better.

Left foot shot just goes through defenders. It’s awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Lamposts wrote: »
    I have 500k spare. Any improvements?

https://www.futbin.com/21/squad/5874345

IF Pope?

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Wow, you're rating him over Cruyff??? :eek: I've a base/mid icon pack ready to open, wonder if I'll get him....

Set your favourite team in Fifa to Liverpool before you open it. Based on my testing its a 75% chance you'll pack a United Icon. :D:(

• Advertisement

Parawind wrote: »
    Set your favourite team in Fifa to Liverpool before you open it. Based on my testing its a 75% chance you'll pack a United Icon. :D:(

LOL :D

Did Baby Eto'o play for Utd?? :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

dmigsy wrote: »
    Beckham really wasn't a good fit. Took 100k profit on him just now. Not sure I'll do Rooney now.

Replaced Beckham with Prime Nedved to play RCM. First game and he's a baller.

lxJo01.gif

Did you actually change your favourite team? Because he did play for Everton... ;)

Ah here I'm going to get you to open all my packs from now on, I'm getting bloody sick of congratulating you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Unreal!

Isn't that Eto'o, Pele & Hierro in the last week or two? Some run!

v3ttel wrote: »
    Unreal!

Isn't that Eto'o, Pele & Hierro in the last week or two? Some run!

Yeah haha, no TOTYs but I can't complain at all!! :D

Sold Hierro. Eto'o was from an Icon pack though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Anyone elses connection really poor since the update? Really annoying me now to the point of unplayable and it was never like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Would you recommend doing the base/mid icon pack or the mid icon pack if you had a choice?

The obvious answer is probably the mid icon pack but there are a lot of base icons that seem better than their mid versions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

As a CAM/CF Cryuff definitely.
    As a ST Puskas absolutely without a doubt.

This is how we’re looking now after Eto’o.

C6793-EC1-69-C8-4-BF8-A8-F9-7-EE9259-DF366.jpg

Ya jammy git:).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,276 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

For the first time in my fifa career I have 100k coins :D

Any decent trading tips I could use to make a few quid as any players that would upgrade my team are expensive now !

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

buy 100 ramseys for 1000 coins sell for 1800 to start off, there are loads of different ways of trading and everyone finds their own way after a while. some sell for low margins and often others wait for a higher price, as you get used to it higher value players can be done. important to know when to cut your losses as well so imho the less risk the better

Cyrus wrote: »
    For the first time in my fifa career I have 100k coins :D

Any decent trading tips I could use to make a few quid as any players that would upgrade my team are expensive now !

Identify a player who is popular to use in Weekend League, note there price today and monitor over the weekend. Buy the player on Sunday Night/Monday Morning as this will be the lowest price when people sell off their weekend league teams. Hold that player until Thursday of next week when people are rebuilding their weekend league teams for the following weekend and sell.

Its a pretty low risk investment and Probably make 30% profit maybe more with a bit of luck. The most obvious example for your price range would be Varane as he is about 95k atm. (Just don't forget about the 5% EA tax that you lose when you sell.)

See the Ajax keeper has been given a 12 month ban for doping offences, I wonder will EA stop giving him to me in packs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

jayo26 wrote: »
    See the Ajax keeper has been given a 12 month ban for doping offences, I wonder will EA stop giving him to me in packs.

I just had a quick look on the transfer market and he’s being listed from around 10-13k bin (on PS4) - I have a duplicate so will see if I can cash in :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Wish the Greek gk in Liga Nos would get the same

Every untradable pack I get him

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Wish the Greek gk in Liga Nos would get the same

Every untradable pack I get him

I get them all it's a joke at this stage. I bought coins to Buy 5 of the plus 81 player packs last week for team of the year. This is no exaggeration in each of the 5 packs the highest rated player was a keeper the only positive was that toty Neuer was in the last one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

I have qualified for my first weekend league. Most matches I will manage to play is 12 realistically, is it even worth my while doing or would I better just playing rivals and taking the base rewards from weekend league

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

stuchyg wrote: »
    I have qualified for my first weekend league. Most matches I will manage to play is 12 realistically, is it even worth my while doing or would I better just playing rivals and taking the base rewards from weekend league

that depends will you get a chance to play more next weekend if so hold off, if not might be worth trying out see what its all about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

seamie78 wrote: »
    that depends will you get a chance to play more next weekend if so hold off, if not might be worth trying out see what its all about

No that would be my max every weekend really by the time get the kids to bed. Il give it a go and see, even if I get the highest bronze for a few wins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

It really does feel like EA tie certain players to different accounts for some length of time.

I would actually have packed enough Matic's to price fix him if they weren't all untradeable duplicates. Any time I save around 10 packs, he's guaranteed to be in there since the start of the game. Milner & Tsimikas are everywhere too. Marlos from Shaktar and Mario Fernandes from CSKA were stalking me for the first 3 months of the game. Now I hardly ever see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Neto, El Arabi, Paco Alcacer and Dzeko seem to be following me around a lot lately.

In FIFA 20 Biglia was the bane of my life, kept cropping up in virtually every pack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Hopped on to play 2 games this morning, two disconnects when I’m 1-0 up and I get two losses and no rivals points :pac: guess that’s a sign to not play today.

finished the aspas SBC and was finding it hard to fit him in on full chem so did a la liga 5-3-2, the defenders were pretty cheap

Capture5.jpg

• Advertisement

instead of this, lets see which works better

as an aside finding 532 very solid

Capture6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

I get them all it's a joke at this stage. I bought coins to Buy 5 of the plus 81 player packs last week for team of the year. This is no exaggeration in each of the 5 packs the highest rated player was a keeper the only positive was that toty Neuer was in the last one.

Where do you purchase your coins from mate and could you explain a bit about how the process works? :)

No that would be my max every weekend really by the time get the kids to bed. Il give it a go and see, even if I get the highest bronze for a few wins

Most weekends I only get to 6/8 wins and maybe 11 at a push.
    I’m not wasting my entire weekend playing Fifa.
    Get your red pick at 6 and just stop there.
    Play Rivas during the week then to build up your rank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭Tenks

I've been god awful since the update during the week, don't know what's happened.

I got 13 wins last weekend in my first FUT Champs, and was just off promotion to div4 in Rivals - Last night I got relegated to div6 and I'm starting off this weekend 0-2. Going to take a break and start fresh tomorrow but I'm so confused how I've regressed so much!

If you will only have time for 12 games and haven't completed your 30 rivals games for this week. Then keep in mind you get 400 Div Rival points for weekend league games, so you are kind of working your way towards 2 sets of rewards at the same time that way.

Finally Rebuilt my team for the Weekend League, feels like I have the balance right in the squad now. Vieira and Fernandes compliment each other really well in the midfield.

Haven't really tested out Trent yet, ran Klaiber last weekend and he is great. So some big shoes to fill.

orOR7sH.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Finally Rebuilt my team for the Weekend League, feels like I have the balance right in the squad now. Vieira and Fernandes compliment each other really well in the midfield.

Haven't really tested out Trent yet, ran Klaiber last weekend and he is great. So some big shoes to fill.

orOR7sH.jpg

You thought of doing the Marcel Sabitzer SBC? Cracking value. He has more in game stats than Vieira and would feel less clunky.

That's what you get for suggesting IF Nick Pope to improve my team you *REDACTED.* ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

Any suggestions for a CM icon? Thinking of Ballack atm, have 800k to spend

https://www.futbin.com/21/squad/5904998

CSWS101 wrote: »

Ballack is a good choice it just depends on what type of player you are looking for. I haven't used him but I have heard good things, seems like a well balanced card. (I assume since you have 800K you meant to include Mid Ballack in that list rather then Baby Ballack.)

Alternatives that might be worth looking at:

Prime Seedorf - More of a Box to Box player with Medium/Medium workrates
    Mid Makelele - Defensive beast with Low/High workrates
    That's what you get for suggesting IF Nick Pope to improve my team you *REDACTED.* ;)

What's wrong with that suggestion, he is only 40-50k and its a big stat increase for a goalkeeper. People who tell you stats on a keeper don't make a difference have it wrong. It might be less obvious and they can't work miracles (With certain shots and situations there is nothing the keeper can do) but it can be the difference between tipping a shot behind for a corner or claiming a cross. Lets say its 1 less goal every 10 games...might not sound like a lot but that could be 3 weekend league games, that could be the difference between Gold 2 and Gold 1 every week. So after 1 week the upgrade has paid for itself and over the course of a few months...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

CSWS101 wrote: »

Makelele is good shout. I used the baby RM version as a CDM for a good while. He's way faster than the other versions and was a bull in midfield. Only sold him as I'm playing with Blanc as a sole CDM now.

I tried mid-Ballack briefly but he felt very clunky.

What's wrong with that suggestion, he is only 40-50k and its a big stat increase for a goalkeeper. People who tell you stats on a keeper don't make a difference have it wrong. It might be less obvious and they can't work miracles (With certain shots and situations there is nothing the keeper can do) but it can be the difference between tipping a shot behind for a corner or claiming a cross. Lets say its 1 less goal every 10 games...might not sound like a lot but that could be 3 weekend league games, that could be the difference between Gold 2 and Gold 1 every week. So after 1 week the upgrade has paid for itself and over the course of a few months...

No-one:
    Absolutely no-one:
    Parawind: Get IF Nicky Pope

I did actually get him in btw. I was just trolling you. <3 He's already made some great saves for me that I don't think his regular card would have made. I don't think there's much to improve in the team unless I get an influx of coins unfortunately.

• Advertisement

Hmm 532 doesn’t seem anywhere as fluid for WL.
    Lost my first game. Was losing 2-0 in the second and reverted back to 4231 for the second half.
    Completely overran the poor dude to finish 6-2.
    Also putting Hunter back on Mid Puskas. The +10 boost to pace is far more valuable than the engine.

Youssef En-Nesyri Apparently won the potm for La Liga.
    Damnit was hoping for Frenkie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Most weekends I only get to 6/8 wins and maybe 11 at a push.
    I’m not wasting my entire weekend playing Fifa.
    Get your red pick at 6 and just stop there.
    Play Rivas during the week then to build up your rank.

But red picks are capped to 83 rated until you get to 11 wins, so that's always my aim

Plus you get 2000 wl points at 11 so that qualifies you for the following week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Since the patch, I’ve lost 5 and drawn twice with 0 wins... not sure what it is. I can’t attack, players feel very stiff and I’ve forgotten how to defend.. might change up formation. Got Rooney, so might go with a 4231 with him at CAM and Torres up top.. Ronaldo and Rashford out wide, maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Did the Base Icon.

Not too bad!

Also an update on my selling everything in the club.
    Started Tuesday on 700k
    Now up to 1.5m
    The sale continues, everything must go.

RedRochey wrote: »
    But red picks are capped to 83 rated until you get to 11 wins, so that's always my aim

Plus you get 2000 wl points at 11 so that qualifies you for the following week

Yeah I never bother.
    Red picks are ridiculous anyway.
    How many of us have got red picks that slot right into your team in the past 3 years???
    Let me see... I got Cancelo last week and Lloris last year and errr..that’s been it.

Yeah I never bother.
    Red picks are ridiculous anyway.
    How many of us have got red picks that slot right into your team in the past 3 years???
    Let me see... I got Cancelo last week and Lloris last year and errr..that’s been it.

Rashford played alot for me this year, lozano and ben yeddertoo but usually i never get any good ones tho.

God damn I need that Bergwijn in my life. WOW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭Tenks

Since the patch, I’ve lost 5 and drawn twice with 0 wins... not sure what it is. I can’t attack, players feel very stiff and I’ve forgotten how to defend.. might change up formation. Got Rooney, so might go with a 4231 with him at CAM and Torres up top.. Ronaldo and Rashford out wide, maybe.

Glad it's not just me! I feel like my players are running through mud.

God damn I need that Bergwijn in my life. WOW.

The cdm in the objectives looks good

Tonali

• Advertisement
Advertisement