Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

81+ Player Pick SBC is back.

I Did 25 and got some decent fodder, 3 lower IF, Casemiro, Pogba, David Silva, Ziyech, Donnarumma were the highlights. Decent way to upgrade your lower rated fodder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

81+ sbc gave me

Ederson - dup
    Kane - dup
    Bruno fernandes - dup
    Dybala
    Kimmich
    Future dest

Dupes all replaceable with transfer cards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Parawind wrote: »
    81+ Player Pick SBC is back.

I Did 25 and got some decent fodder, 3 lower IF, Casemiro, Pogba, David Silva, Ziyech, Donnarumma were the highlights. Decent way to upgrade your lower rated fodder.

I’ve only done 4 so far but two were a choice of 3 duplicates and the highest rated was 83 Domestic MOTM Raul Garcia. Definitely not paying out so far but will do some more

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

Started the weekend well at 8-4 but a Saturday night meltdown meant I went to 8-10, Finished 15-15

Over my 30 games I scored 114 goals, which I thought was great ........ Until I noticed I conceded 125

I guess you could say my games are never dull

TOTY Bruno is phenomenal, De Bruyne a little disappointing

EDIT: Gameplay seem to change drastically between Friday night and Saturday. Everything just seemed so different, struggled to string 2 passes together at times

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

was 16-9 and had to stop streaming as i was gonna launch the xbox through the tv, by far the worst the gameplay has been at any time this year during champs, managed to take a break come back and get g1, defenders warping to the other side of attackers passes literally the going the opposite direction players just staring at the ball go past them 2 inches away from them, absolute guarentee'd goals that somehow go wide, i could go on and on completely insane that gameplay is this bad.

oh and the greatest thing i seen ever in fifa, dude using the strategy of 1 depth drop back and rushing his keeper out while im attacking through the middle in his final 3rd and having 9 men in the box and him pressing me with his keeper and other outfield player took me 40 mins to score then he quit. he was legit using it as a strategy like he has
    perfected when to do it .

edit: i was 9-1 on friday night too lmao

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I really hate duplicate untradeables!

Liamalone wrote: »
    I really hate duplicate untradeables!

We need the return of duplicate storage so much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Boulders8 wrote: »
    We need the return of duplicate storage so much

but but but they gave us the option of recovering dupes :D
    I know its only 5 this year but next year it could be 6 and maybe by Fifa 30 we could be able to restore a whole 10 dupes by then :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,276 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

did 3 81+ sbc

Got Benzema, Bernardo silva and TOTW Soucek

not bad, especially as i run an EPL team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Rinsed a good few cards into that 81+ and then used the fodder to do the 85+ double. MOTM Cuadrado and Pique out of that... not too bad. Cuadrado going for 360k.

• Advertisement

Awesome. I was hoping to get a Dest. Looks pretty good :)
    Rest of the picks were pretty good as well.

Capture.jpg

decided to scare people im going with an EPL rare golds outfit, div7 and my first weekend league beware :D All will be full chem with loyalty.

433 2
    Capture10.jpg

or 442

Capture11.jpg

no waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

did the 85 double pick SBC and got that 89 Bergwijn card

thats rashford off then :D

Capture12.jpg

Oblak, Ter Stegen or Alisson????
    Finding no difference between Oblak and TSG (both untradeable) but Alisson would give me VVD on full chem.
    I also have Varane untradeable but that means having to drop Marquinhos and Ben Yedder who is far better than potm Felix now.
    And buying Puskas back..finding Mbappe is just not clinical enough and I'm not enough of a skiller to get the best out of him.
    3 years ago absolutely, but WL mode has turned me into a clinical pass, pass and shoot player.

Capture.jpg

Cyrus wrote: »
    no waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

did the 85 double pick SBC and got that 89 Bergwijn card

thats rashford off then :D

Capture12.jpg

you'll have to drop him of course otherwise your WL plan is in ruins.
    Can't have a futures card throwing off your rare gold team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Blazer wrote: »
    Oblak, Ter Stegen or Alisson????
    Finding no difference between Oblak and TSG (both untradeable) but Alisson would give me VVD on full chem.
    I also have Varane untradeable but that means having to drop Marquinhos and Ben Yedder who is far better than potm Felix now.
    And buying Puskas back..finding Mbappe is just not clinical enough and I'm not enough of a skiller to get the best out of him.
    3 years ago absolutely, but WL mode has turned me into a clinical pass, pass and shoot player.

I'll throw out an idea that you might think is madness but swap to a 5 at the back for chem, drop out one of you CDM for Varane. Then in game play VVD as your CDM. Its just crazy enough to work...

Blazer wrote: »
    you'll have to drop him of course otherwise your WL plan is in ruins.
    Can't have a futures card throwing off your rare gold team.

ive never played WL, and i dont really have that much time to be honest,

im sure ill be beaten out the gate regardless!!

First time using Kante have to say he pops up in all the right places !

The bergwijn card is very good aswell, his strength is a real bonus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

This Tonali objective is worse than WL. First game I go 1-0 down. The guy pauses trying to get me to quit. He sends me a message then telling me to quit. He goes 0-2 up. Eventually it gets to 1-3. He starts passing the ball around the back from minute 30. He goes 1-4 up. He goes back to passing the ball around the back again but I finally get to pause it, change formation and turn on constant pressure. He again tries to keep the ball away from me.....beat him 6-5 in the last minute with a goal from my silver Italian striker.

Next game, I go 1-0 down and the guy pauses three times in a row and lets the timer expire trying to get me to quit.

I don't know if I can be arsed to play all the games of this toxic mode that it's going to take me to get Tonali, but damn that first game was sweet :pac:

v3ttel wrote: »
    This Tonali objective is worse than WL. First game I go 1-0 down. The guy pauses trying to get me to quit. He sends me a message then telling me to quit. He goes 0-2 up. Eventually it gets to 1-3. He starts passing the ball around the back from minute 30. He goes 1-4 up. He goes back to passing the ball around the back again but I finally get to pause it, change formation and turn on constant pressure. He again tries to keep the ball away from me.....beat him 6-5 in the last minute with a goal from my silver Italian striker.

Next game, I go 1-0 down and the guy pauses three times in a row and lets the timer expire trying to get me to quit.

I don't know if I can do 12-15 games of this toxic mode, but damn that first game was sweet :pac:

Yeah **** those guys.

• Advertisement

Done 11 of those 81+ Player Picks and the results are truly tragic. It’s as if EA looked at my account, saw that I never buy any FIFA points and said let’s show this guy by giving him complete and utter dross.

Results
    81 x1
    82 x4 (1 TOTW)
    83 x4 (1 DMOTM)
    84 x2

Other pack opening since Future Stars promo started has just been bad - 25 packs opened and best was 1 85 and a couple of 84’s - not even enough to craft out a Double 85 upgrade pack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Hopefully with Roberto Carlos, cannavaro and okocha expiring tomorrow they add new icon sbc’s.

Had to discard 2 skrinirar’s from 81+ upgrade and then got a duplicate untradeable soucek 86 SIF so an sbc would be handy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I played 1 game of rivals this evening and won but jeez i conceded 2 pens that were so ridiculous i nearly threw the controller in the fire, i could be wrong but im fairly certain they released a couple of weeks ago to fix tackles that resulted in pens, and they have somehow made it worse

I played 1 game of rivals this evening and won but jeez i conceded 2 pens that were so ridiculous i nearly threw the controller in the fire, i could be wrong but im fairly certain they released a couple of weeks ago to fix tackles that resulted in pens, and they have somehow made it worse

Haha I was the opposite, I couldn’t buy a penalty, I genuinely felt I should’ve had 7 in the 1 game I played and not a thing.
    I think it just makes some of it up as it goes along.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Done 11 of those 81+ Player Picks and the results are truly tragic. It’s as if EA looked at my account, saw that I never buy any FIFA points and said let’s show this guy by giving him complete and utter dross.

Results
    81 x1
    82 x4 (1 TOTW)
    83 x4 (1 DMOTM)
    84 x2

Other pack opening since Future Stars promo started has just been bad - 25 packs opened and best was 1 85 and a couple of 84’s - not even enough to craft out a Double 85 upgrade pack

Got bonucci,Ben tedder, odegard , Mendy,Felipe and a few others . Nothing hectic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭Tenks

Packed that orange MOTM Cuadrado in the 81+ pick. Real powerful card but pretty useless for me as I can't link him to anyone. Will have to try him with 7 cem for a bit and see how he fairs.

Shame I can't sell him, he seems to be going for 400k at the mo!

Tenks wrote: »
    Packed that orange MOTM Cuadrado in the 81+ pick. Real powerful card but pretty useless for me as I can't link him to anyone. Will have to try him with 7 cem for a bit and see how he fairs.

Shame I can't sell him, he seems to be going for 400k at the mo!

7 chem is perfect.
    He’s supposed to be a beast.

82 IF Bamford currently going for 14.5k-15k. His 78 IF is going for more... expect a nice rise in the 82. An easy investment, for those looking for one. Picked up a few myself.

Parawind wrote: »
    I'll throw out an idea that you might think is madness but swap to a 5 at the back for chem, drop out one of you CDM for Varane. Then in game play VVD as your CDM. Its just crazy enough to work...

yeah I tried that but I hate having a CB at CDM....too lumpy :)
    Marquinhos's card is brilliant and he's a lot more fluid playing. Suits my style more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

82 IF Bamford currently going for 14.5k-15k. His 78 IF is going for more... expect a nice rise in the 82. An easy investment, for those looking for one. Picked up a few myself.

Picked up 60 @ 13k when you posted it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Anyone feel like they have killed the pack weight even more than usual over the last couple of months, or especially since TOTY?

I had some great pulls earlier in the year so I'm far from complaining, however, I've done Ligue 1 x 2, Serie A x 2, Bundesliga x 2, and everything PL apart from West Brom in terms of League SBC's and packed nothing of note apart from Alisson.

That's close to 120 packs!

Nothing from Squad Battles or Rivals rewards in a long time either despite playing Squad Battles usually to Elite 2 or 3 and Rivals to rank 1, division 3.

On another note, am I correct in saying we should get Icon Swaps 2 on Friday? Any predictions for players we may get or the structure of the tokens? Given how easy it was to get through the first batch with Golden Goal, I'm sure EA will think of a way to make it more toxic. :rolleyes:

AdamD wrote: »
    Picked up 60 @ 13k when you posted it!

I’ve 20 of them myself... hopefully a nice rise out of packs. Judging by previous graphs of similar IFs from the Prem, it doesn’t take too long for them to hit 20k. Even better if a nice SBC comes along for it.

I wonder will we see a Puskas or Eto in icon swaps from Friday on.
    We should see a reasonably high tier striker coming up I imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

I'm far from an expert trader or anything close to it, but does Ferland Mendy at 19k look a good investment ahead of Varane's upcoming IF?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

BrentMused wrote: »
    I'm far from an expert trader or anything close to it, but does Ferland Mendy at 19k look a good investment ahead of Varane's upcoming IF?

You've probably missed the boat on this one, his price has inflated already since the weekend and he could be over invested in. I wouldn't go all in on him anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Called that one last week. Grabbed 40 of him last week on Thursday at 13k.

Said at the time, English, 82 rated PL attacker looked a super safe bet.

Which is why I’m salivating at the prospect of Jessie Lingard getting one this week :D ticks all the same boxes as Bamford, with the addition of being a bigger name. Anything below 13k is a safe investment.

Shaw is up for an If as well but he might be a good bit more expensive, since he’s an 84 and a United player. And a Lb which is rare for United to have a special card for. When McT had an IF, he was about 20k but selling alright at 30k. Be interesting to see if Shaw has a similar path

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Called that one last week. Grabbed 40 of him last week on Thursday at 13k.

Said at the time, English, 82 rated PL attacker looked a super safe bet.

Which is why I’m salivating at the prospect of Jessie Lingard getting one this week :D ticks all the same boxes as Bamford, with the addition of being a bigger name. Anything below 13k is a safe investment.

Shaw is up for an If as well but he might be a good bit more expensive, since he’s an 84 and a United player. And a Lb which is rare for United to have a special card for. When McT had an IF, he was about 20k but selling alright at 30k. Be interesting to see if Shaw has a similar path

Yeah, I took some inspiration from your regular IF trading :pac: sitting on coins atm and don’t have the time to trade regularly as I did before, so that IF trading could suit me perfect.

Just taking a closer look at some of the cards i dont use, IF Soucek is a beast, on a shadow chem he is a 91 rated CB according to Futbin.

Going to try him at CB on 7 chem beside VVD instead of Joe gomez, both are 6ft 4 aswell.

Also Alfred Duncans 83 stats are insanse, his face stats are better than kante for everything, nice super sub.

Anyone done and got anything good from the 82-88 guarantee? Thinking of switching to that one after a further 3 81+ Player Picks yielded a paltry 84, 83 and an 82. If I do another one then I’m obviously getting an 81

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Anyone done and got anything good from the 82-88 guarantee? Thinking of switching to that one after a further 3 81+ Player Picks yielded a paltry 84, 83 and an 82. If I do another one then I’m obviously getting an 81

Best I got was 86 Hummels from around 10 packs

I like it as I can rinse all my untradeable common gold in it

And it means common golds are now BIN 1100 which has made me a few quid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

did a load of those 81+ player picks, had great success, helped me get the Rooney card done, glad I did, that 93 Rooney card is a beast, upfront with an engine on and the goals are flying in,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Has anyone tried Future Stars Pedro Goncalves RW? He's nearly 200 in-game stats better than Flashback Ronaldo and would fit right into my team beside POTM Felix and POTM2 Bruno. He's not top tier but would definitely be an upgrade until I can afford Best.

I could probably rinse my club with the 81+ upgrades and get him. Still need to do Rooney and Keane before they expire too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Is anyone using OG Messi. Any good? Had salah for my prem team but didn't like him at all.

He will fit in with my dest, potw martinez and dybala front line

Just a note for anyone of you with headliner Bruno, the motm from United’s fa cup match with west ham tonight will likely get a motm card at Friday midnight and if it were bruno it would increase his headliner card.

I’ll be keeping an eye on united match anyway, I’d love if Shaw or Fred started getting a couple of performance based upgrades

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Just a note for anyone of you with headliner Bruno, the motm from United’s fa cup match with west ham tonight will likely get a motm card at Friday midnight and if it were bruno it would increase his headliner card.

I’ll be keeping an eye on united match anyway, I’d love if Shaw or Fred started getting a couple of performance based upgrades

Really??? I'll be hoping for a Bruno masterclass so. Hopefully he'll be getting a winter upgrade anyway, the POTM might go up to a 93 or 94 then.

Bruno is on the bench tonight

Bruno is on the bench tonight

FFS :rolleyes:

Mr Moon wrote: »
    FFS :rolleyes:

Pretty sure he’ll be on soon though

Pretty sure he’ll be on soon though

Motm very much up for grabs too, you’d have to think whoever scores will get it

Here comes Bruno and McT

• Advertisement
Advertisement