Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

The match has been so bad that he could get the MOTM if he does something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Mr Moon wrote: »
    The match has been so bad that he could get the MOTM if he does something.

This could be the match where no MOTM is awarded!

Although Telles has played well and I have his OTW, would that get upgraded if he gets a MOTM card?

McT scores and there ladies and gentlemen is your MOTM unless Dawson scores twice for West Ham then he’ll get it lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Although Telles has played well and I have his OTW, would that get upgraded if he gets a MOTM card?

Yeah it would, he’s a decent shout actually if they hang onto clean sheet

Ferland mendy scored in a 2-0 win for real, imagine if they threw him and varane into the same totw :D

I know they won’t do, it’ll be varane from the weekend game

Maguire MOTM, thanks for nothing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

stuchyg wrote: »
    Is anyone using OG Messi. Any good? Had salah for my prem team but didn't like him at all.

He will fit in with my dest, potw martinez and dybala front line

Personally love him in the CAM role. Felt he wasn’t great out wide at RW. But more centrally, he can get goals and assists for fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Personally love him in the CAM role. Felt he wasn’t great out wide at RW. But more centrally, he can get goals and assists for fun.

Have dybala at cam with if martinez in front. Dybala is just a base card but he is so much fun to use

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Ferland mendy scored in a 2-0 win for real, imagine if they threw him and varane into the same totw :D

I know they won’t do, it’ll be varane from the weekend game

He also played cb in a back 3/5

God help us next week, assuming he won't be in today's team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Just rolled the dice on Varane. Picked up 19 Varane for 100-105k, hoping for a nice 10% flip with him going out of packs tonight.

Recommend picking up a few before his price starts to rise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Those 81 player picks are actually unreal. In the latest 11, I got the following:

4 walkouts (Oblak, Benzema, Ederson, Laporte) and 3 85s (Lukaku, Bonucci, Donnarumma).

Wouldn't normally get that many walkouts in 2 months!

v3ttel wrote: »
    Those 81 player picks are actually unreal. In the latest 11, I got the following:

4 walkouts (Oblak, Benzema, Ederson, Laporte) and 3 85s (Lukaku, Bonucci, Donnarumma).

I beg to differ, done about 15 now and nothing better than a 84:(

Future stars Dalot in the double 85 sbc
    As an ex united player I’ll take that.

Other was a duplicate untradeable hummels, hope we get a showdown sbc or something tomorrow cos I can’t open packs unless I discard hummels

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

Just got Mbappe from a set of 5 player picks

They seem OP to me

• Advertisement

I ran three more there, and got two 84s and my first triple 81 pack.

I've rinsed my club at this point though. Will hope rewards tomorrow nets me some more to run through it. Might do Rooney now though. More than able to afford him after the SBCs.

(Wonder if I should look at doing some of the cheaper league SBCs to, to generate some added fodder...)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 lotsobear

Hi folks, my son recently got a new xbox for xmas and basically plays only fifa21. He plays some of his school friends online at weekends but sometimes the system does not allow him to play online displaying a message"your account does not have the required privilages"? all the passes are paid until mid march.....any advise would be great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

lotsobear wrote: »
    Hi folks, my son recently got a new xbox for xmas and basically plays only fifa21. He plays some of his school friends online at weekends but sometimes the system does not allow him to play online displaying a message"your account does not have the required privilages"? all the passes are paid until mid march.....any advise would be great

I get those too,..its just a bug and I find restarting the game helps resolve it.
    Its been happening most weekends a lot ..maybe something to do with quick resume on the new xboxes..it doesn't play well with fifa.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 lotsobear

Blazer wrote: »
    I get those too,..its just a bug and I find restarting the game helps resolve it.
    Its been happening most weekends a lot ..maybe something to do with quick resume on the new xboxes..it doesn't play well with fifa.

Thanks Blazer...bloodly frustrating! imagine trying to explain that to a 9 year old:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

The new moment Dembele SBC looks decent. 93 sprint speed, 91 strength, 90 finishing, 91 jumping, 91 stamina, 4* 4*. Dribbling looks decent with an engine applied, 91 agility, 93 balance, 95 dribbling, 85 composure. Nice link to POTM Felix.

Did Future Stars RW Goncalves yesterday as he looks like a decent upgrade on Flashback CR7 and need a Portuguese RW. Hopefully he's not terrible.

I did hardly any SBCs before Christmas and now I feel like I'm trying to do every single one that comes out. Already nearly done with Prime Keane & Rooney.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Definitely doing that Moussa Dembele card!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

v3ttel wrote: »

Yeah, they're pretty good. Was able to do Prime Keane today with the high rated fodder I got from rinsing players through the 81 player picks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Jesus, two 85s from that double 85+ upgrade :pac: rough enough... suppose I got the MOTM Cuadrado in the last one so that more than makes up for everything else.

G2 Rewards:

78 Cancelo
    81 Lingard
    83 Angelino
    76 Grgic

78 Rexhbecaj
    81 Lingard
    76 Grgic
    84 Muslera

84 Nsame
    84 Perin
    82 Golovin

81 Laborde
    78 Canelo
    76 Grgic

Considering this looked a decent week too, thats rough. I'd have loved even a Shaw or Lingard. That second pack was awful.

Rival Rewards#
    Fodder: Sandro, Sule, IF Nsame

Rivals: 4 jumbo gold packs, 2 rare mega packs, 2 prime mixed player packs....Sergio Ramos, and not a single other card over 81.

Time to do some more player picks then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

84 Nsame
    84 Perin
    82 Golovin

81 Laborde
    78 Canelo
    76 Grgic

Considering this looked a decent week too, thats rough. I'd have loved even a Shaw or Lingard. That second pack was awful.

Rival Rewards#
    Fodder: Sandro, Sule, IF Nsame

Rivals: 4 jumbo gold packs, 2 rare mega packs, 2 prime mixed player packs....Sergio Ramos, and not a single other card over 81.

Time to do some more player picks then.

Think i'll take the rivals coins this week so, even though it'll probably cost me tradeable Messi, Neymar, and Ronaldo from the packs i dont take, lol

Of course i'd get the United Red pick that I'll never use :rolleyes:

Kimpembe is a strange one, obviously he is a decent get but I'll never play deep enough where I could get away with his 79 pace. Guess I might try him out in friendlies to earn some objectives.

owIJl1c.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

You won't get away with 79 pace? :pac:

Was hoping to get one of the French defenders. May buy Kimpembe this weekend, he looks far better value than Icon CBs with similar stats.

I took the packs, why....rocky.....why :(

Edit: Best i got CL Wijnaldum and Ousmane Dembele who i already have and a 77ovr TOTW lad, oh and the now pack regular Rafa from portugese league, good grief

I took the packs, why....rocky.....why :(

It’s the hope that kills you.....

• Advertisement

Boulders8 wrote: »
    It’s the hope that kills you.....

Ha yeah, i honestly believe if i add all the stuff from packs together, they wouldnt make the coins value from rivals, lol

Ha yeah, i honestly believe if i add all the stuff from packs together, they wouldnt make the coins value from rivals, lol

Took the coins last week and probably do the same this week as I still have nearly 150 packs and my pack opening lately hasn’t yielded anything useful and I still need to finish FB Ronaldo and Prime Keane

I was set on taking the coins, then changed my mind at last second, stupid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Did around 10 of those 81+ player picks and ended up with:

Oblak
    Kane
    Vardy
    Sommer
    J Henderson

The other five consisted of two 84's, two 83's, plus one 82.

At that sort of hit rate I might rinse everything useless into them!

I'm now caught in two minds about whether to do a Base/Mid Icon pack, or to hold off and see what new Icon SBC's they add.

My only issue is the length of time it may take them to add new ones as we were waiting a while the last time. I would be raging if I packed a poor Icon and they brought out say a Garrincha SBC or similar as he would be perfect for my team.

Any thoughts on a timeframe for new Icon SBC's and potential quality of same?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,276 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

I was set on taking the coins, then changed my mind at last second, stupid

im the same

you see the coins then you see a shed load of untradeable packs

you always cave at the end :rolleyes:

I never even consider coins any more cause I can't see bugger all players I'd want to buy, really.

Mind, that said.....anyone able to recomend a CM icon in the 300-700k range? I'm planing on running the 5-3-2 this weekend, and have the team set up as....
    Rooney - Puskas
    Capa - Keane - Bruno
    Mendy - Varane - Kounde - VVD - Klaiber
    VDS

I'm tempted to replace either Capa or Mendy there. Capa more so I can get Rooney up to max chem. Leaning towards giving Scholes a whirl for a laugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Sorry need a rant.

Me: Rank 1 Div 1 and gold 1 champs. No walkout and 2 84 rated reds

My mate: Div 4 rank 3, didn't play champs. Mbappe and Future Star Dalot

Why do I bother

So i got 2 tradeable Tomori cards, listed for 1k, both gone for buy now price of 10k, anybody any idea why?

So i got 2 tradeable Tomori cards, listed for 1k, both gone for buy now price of 10k, anybody any idea why?

He's moved to AC Milan, did you list his Chelsea card?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

I did 6 of those 81+ picks. 5 walkouts including Neymar. Ridic! EA love me.

AdamD wrote: »
    You won't get away with 79 pace? :pac:

Was hoping to get one of the French defenders. May buy Kimpembe this weekend, he looks far better value than Icon CBs with similar stats.

Yeah since I went past 2000 Skill ranking points I seem to play against Eusebio, TOTY Ronaldo or Mid R9 every 2nd game. So you need pacey centre backs to have any chance to stop through balls to the strikers.
    I never even consider coins any more cause I can't see bugger all players I'd want to buy, really.

Mind, that said.....anyone able to recomend a CM icon in the 300-700k range? I'm planing on running the 5-3-2 this weekend, and have the team set up as....
    Rooney - Puskas
    Capa - Keane - Bruno
    Mendy - Varane - Kounde - VVD - Klaiber
    VDS

I'm tempted to replace either Capa or Mendy there. Capa more so I can get Rooney up to max chem. Leaning towards giving Scholes a whirl for a laugh.

I haven't tried him myself but I know people really rate Seedorf. He might be just above your coin limit but would definitely been a lot better then Scholes. Plus depending on how you set up your team for Chemistry he would have strong links to Klaiber and VVD.

He's moved to AC Milan, did you list his Chelsea card?

Yeah i know, it was his Milan cards, guessed that was the reason but wasnt sure

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Sorry need a rant.

Me: Rank 1 Div 1 and gold 1 champs. No walkout and 2 84 rated reds

My mate: Div 4 rank 3, didn't play champs. Mbappe and Future Star Dalot

Why do I bother

I'm not sure I follow I would have expected it to be randomised why would your division come into it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Yeah i know, it was his Milan cards, guessed that was the reason but wasnt sure

Because EA have changed the buy now button to 'X' (And the Xbox equivalent) on the sbc transfer market tab instead of the place bid button a lot of people inadvertadly buy cards at the max buy now when in actual fact they want to place a bid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

I'm not sure I follow I would have expected it to be randomised why would your division come into it

Better rewards for higher division and rank.

• Advertisement

I'd be kind of amazed with the amount of BS that EA pulls with this game, if there wasn't some form of AI based catch up logic when it comes to packing good players. I doubt its as simple as just your Division, probably a combination of a number of different factors (previous packs opened, results, club value, etc.).

But since EA don't have to declare the odds for reward packs I am sure that if I open the same pack as someone else we won't have the same odds of pulling certain players. There is still an element of randomness, but you can bet each player has been categorised. Given they have been mining peoples UT behavioural data for 10+ years now i'd imagine they have gotten quiet effective at it.

(Even when they are required to with purchased packs they are vague enough to allow them to still manipulate the odds.)

Its in their interest if the low division guy is kept within touching distance of the the top division guy. Since it keeps both people thinking they need to keep improving their teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Anyone having consistent success with a formation since the patch?

My usual 4-2-3-1 seems like it has been hit significantly.

I've tried NealGuides 5-3-2 but can't get away with it at all.

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Better rewards for higher division and rank.

But that's just better packs with a higher percentage chance. If people are expecting ea to skew packs to higher division players that seems off I'd have thought they would.go the other way if anything

BrentMused wrote: »

I use fifa analyst 5-3-2, worked some days and then not on other days, im gone gone back to 4-3-3 false 9 and 5-3-2 in game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

BrentMused wrote: »

I've actually gone back to 4-2-3-1 and it's working well atm. 5-3-2 is a scourge. The amount of lads who spend 80% of their time jockeying with Kante in front a of a back 5 without even trying to press the ball is hilarious. Game should be called "Kante Jockey 21".

• Advertisement
Advertisement