Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

AdamD wrote: »
    I'd rather play 50 Managerial Masterpiece games than 10 Squad Battles

Squad Battles could be used as a form of torture in captivity

the CIA have ditched waterboarding, and have implemented playing squad battles as their primary interrogation technique

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

chips1234 wrote: »
    the CIA have ditched waterboarding, and have implemented playing squad battles as their primary interrogation technique

that and watching Castro vids

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

v3ttel wrote: »
    The problem for me is that all the big players I have are untradeable - ether through SBCs (Felix, Rooney, Bruno), pack luck (Mbappe, TOTY Ramos, Varane), icon swaps (Seedorf) or objectives (RTTF Kounde).

It means I'm left with the same untradeable players in every squad who are too good to leave out. I'm stuck with the same team more or less, with maybe 3 or 4 positions where I can change it up.

It's great to have these players and kind of a nice problem to have, but the fact it's virtually impossible to pack any good tradeable player means that things get boring after a while as I'm essentially just playing with the same team over and over. The other option is to build a team with coins which just wouldn't be good enough to compete in D1. Without good tradeable pack luck or being a good trader, things get stale.

Yeap, absolutely.

I can easily put out a team that, to drastically upgrade any position, would need a massive coin amount. There's a tonne of positions where I know it's just not fesible to upgrade now, or not worth the investment.

I could sell the Puskas I have, add it to the 2m in the bank and maaaaaybe save up for Prime Gullit for a laugh. Not sure if I could justify a 4m coin player though. :S But it's at the point now where I only have one or two gaps in the squad, so may as well go for a top tier player.

It will get worse at TOTS too cause they just start firing cards at you then. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

BrentMused wrote: »
    Personally think base Casemiro would be way too slow as a CB, but it does work with some.

Freeze Marquinhos is excellent as a CB if you did that SBC?

What is your current team and how many coins do you have?

I have 120k in coins, might sell Casemiro, as he's just to slow, i run a la liga 5-2-1-2 formation

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I have finished the two Academy players, hoping for another one tonight to work towards otherwise I'll have no need to play the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭Tenks

Mr Moon wrote: »
    I have finished the two Academy players, hoping for another one tonight to work towards otherwise I'll have no need to play the game.

You got your wish! Absolute grind for Forfana.

You know a TOTW is bad when they give everyone the chance to get extra red picks this weekend :P

Lord TSC wrote: »
    You know a TOTW is bad when they give everyone the chance to get extra red picks this weekend :P

jesus christ they're woeful. Aub might make my bench but that's basically it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

Blazer wrote: »
    jesus christ they're woeful. Aub might make my bench but that's basically it.

i wouldnt use auba if they gave him to me for free, his card feels awful

Awful TOTW, not a big fan of that Fofana either.

I haven't enjoyed any of the promos this year. What's up next winter refresh, fut birthday??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Reyna! In a 45k pack. Woo Hoo.

Past week I've had excellent luck (make up for the past few months of crap)
    Base Butragueno (untradable SBC)
    Mid Del Piero (untradable SBC)
    MOTM Jesus (sold for 275k)
    Future Star James (CDM) - tradable
    And now this lad!
    No more opening packs for me for a while.
    I have to be out of luck
    I'll save them for TOTS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Like everyone I went into this week's rewards underwhelmed and even had I got Auba and Lukaku I think I still would have been. Of course I didn't even get that. :D

eB0h9oU.png

80 Wyke
    82 Veretout
    81 Blas

79 Morberg
    82 Veretout
    82 Meret

I.....who are all these people? Like, I'm sure they are profressional footballers of some sort, but it's a rare week I straight up recognise any of them :P

Just noticed I'm only two red picks off doing an upgrade, so thats probably the aim for this weekend.

WL Rewards: 84 Ukranian IF and one other 84.

Rivals: 1 84 (Saul) and literally nothing else even decent fodder.

Is it insanity to buy a higher rated (in the 2m bracket) icon ahead of swaps and moments?

I'm going to risk not selling Puskas (mainly cause I love him and don't want to drop him), but I'm guessing I should avoid buying anyone ahead of tomorrow :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

What are people's thoughts on Fofana?

Worth the grind for a PL team or as a decent French link, or too slow/behind the power curve already?

G2 Rewards:

86 Ndidi
    82 Sarr
    81 Blas
    81 Hilton

84 Coates
    82 Sarr
    83 Gomis
    75 Derbyshire

Sarr and Llorente for me.
    Rival rewards were decent. A few 85 and a 86.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Worth the grind for a PL team or as a decent French link, or too slow/behind the power curve already?

I will probably do him now it looks unlikely that RTTF Kounde will be getting an upgrade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Didn’t realise IF Bamford’s price had gone up to 21k+ this morning so my last few sold for 20.5k... not bad. About 6k profit a card for a couple days hold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I'm gonna do him over time. Hes one of the best PL cbs with good links so might be handy to have in the future even though he wouldn't make my team over Varane/Todibo right now

• Advertisement

Screw it, bought Mid Eto'o.

Going to move Rooney into midfield (to hopefully fire off more rockets), and try Eto'o with Puskas up front. He seems to get good reviews.

Screw it, bought Mid Eto'o.

Going to move Rooney into midfield (to hopefully fire off more rockets), and try Eto'o with Puskas up front. He seems to get good reviews.

My baby Eto'o is fantastic, he's a better finisher than prime Pele.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Didn’t realise IF Bamford’s price had gone up to 21k+ this morning so my last few sold for 20.5k... not bad. About 6k profit a card for a couple days hold.

What cards from this week's TOTW are people looking at for investment? I haven't really done TOTW trading before so trying to get a good understanding of it

My guess would be Veretout, good nation and league, 82 rated, buy below <14k and list for 20k?

This is really handy for anyone doing the objectives:

https://twitter.com/saf_snmilky/status/1362140087006482433?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,276 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

are any of them worth that grind?

RedRochey wrote: »
    What cards from this week's TOTW are people looking at for investment? I haven't really done TOTW trading before so trying to get a good understanding of it

My guess would be Veretout, good nation and league, 82 rated, buy below <14k and list for 20k?

I'm personally taking this week off, cause I worry that Party Bag SBC has inflated prices a bit.

Veretout doesn't look bad if you can get him for 13-14k but I've grown fonder of sticking with PL players now.

Team for the weekend.

I've got 400k more in the bank but not really sure where to spend it. I reckon upgrading the back three will be the long term goal, but I'm not sure replacing any with a 400k player would be doing anything other than buying for the sake of buying....

M3dASzk.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,276 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Team for the weekend.

I've got 400k more in the bank but not really sure where to spend it. I reckon upgrading the back three will be the long term goal, but I'm not sure replacing any with a 400k player would be doing anything other than buying for the sake of buying....

M3dASzk.png

would future stars Estupinan on higher chem not be better than emerson at lb? only cost you 30k or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

Has anyone tried future stars harvey barnes?

• Advertisement

Cyrus wrote: »
    would future stars Estupinan on higher chem not be better than emerson at lb? only cost you 30k or so.

I did actually think that, so did a comparison.

Estupinan on 10 chem vs Emerson on 6.

Emerson has about 150 stats total more.

Emerson has +1 sprint speed (tied on acceleration)

Emerson wins all shooting stats.

Passing stats are balanced between the two; Estupinan has +3 crossing and +4 long passing, Emerson has +2 vision, +1 short passing, +5 curve

Dribbling is pretty balanced, with Emerson just coming out ahead in Reactions, Ball Control and Dribbling. Estupinan does have a +7 in composure.

With the exception of a +7 in heading, Emerson tops all of the defending stats; +5 in interceptions, +5 in Def. Awareness, +1 Standing tackle, +2 sliding tackle.

Physicality, they're basically the same, with +1 in different areas.

It goes back to what I said. I could spend 30k for a small difference, but I'm not sure it would drastically elevate anything. If I hadn't grinded out for Emerson, I'd probably give him a whirl. For 30k, Estupinan looks incredible. Just, not massively better than what I already have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

You could also include silver players and do the silver beasts objective as well to get a rare mega pack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I'd wait til Friday before committing to the squad battles games, might be able to double up some more objectives from Icon Swaps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Cyrus wrote: »
    are any of them worth that grind?

Cucurella supposedly very good. I’m gonna try and do them all anyway.. they won’t fit in my squad without moving a **** load around but they’ll be good bench options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Decided to take the coins and open the 2 reward packs this morning.

Packed Ramos, Kante and Future Stars Oscar all tradable. Sold all the rewards while fodder is still at a good price and up about 350k.

Since I am a long way short of the coins to improve my starting 11, I couldn't resist picking up base Messi to use as a super sub. He's too cheap to ignore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Dross from my red picks

Feck all from my FUT champs rewards

Square root of feck all from my Div Rivals rewards

Did one 81+ double upgrade pack from with a couple of untradeable duplicates, out walks Messi! Crazy he's 287K which is very little in comparison to other years but I suppose that's down to pace and stamina. Decent super sub as a CAM!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Line-up for the weekend. In the stupidly attacking formation that I've been using all this week to overwhelm the rats who sit deep and control Kante for 80% of the game. Press on possession loss and 8 Depth. It's great craic. Lot's of one-on-one defending but also get lots of goals from winning the ball high up the pitch too. The wide players get tired towards the end of games so all subs have to be used.

image.png

Probably close enough to my team for the rest of it now. Not going to replace much of that with totw players

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Double Upgrade pack!

Antony going for 612k

image.png

Eto'o with back to back hatricks in his first two matches :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

And just as I predicted, the ludicrous party bag appears like clockwork as expected on Thursday.

No new icon sbc’s again.

Boring and predictable as you can get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,931 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Party Bag description is broken too, this was the last one:

6hwJE1S.png

This is the current one:

IjouHsm.png

very much misleading players to thinking it only contains Future Stars.

Bruno headliner owners- if they do ucl motm cards this Friday they usually fire in 2 or 3 Europa league too.

It just depends whether to want to do it this week or not as mbappe would get one too and they might not want mbappe and bruno dropping at midnight on a friday

Party Bag description is broken too, this was the last one:

6hwJE1S.png

This is the current one:

IjouHsm.png

very much misleading players to thinking it only contains Future Stars.

I was about to do it! Then I saw that people were getting OTWs in them, how can EA get away with this??

No showdown sbc’s in ages either

Here's the current team btw:

Seedorf from a Mid Icon pack, Tapsoba this morning from putting rewards into 81+ packs, James from a player pick

Screenshot-20210218-140748.jpg

Also hey ehhh, that's not Cannavaro, it's Del Piero

EuhuoaDWgAQ63xN?format=png&name=small

89 Sterling from my party bag ..at least he'll fit into my team.

So now with Sterling in my team I can either use Figo as the CAM in 4231 behind Puskas or use Bruno or De Bruyne?
    Any recommendations?

Saw people on Twitter saying no Icon Swaps content in the latest code so looks like we might not get that this week now :rolleyes:

Saw people on Twitter saying no Icon Swaps content in the latest code so looks like we might not get that this week now :rolleyes:

Not sure why they find it so hard to communicate this, if I knew there was no icon swaps I might enter weekend league but to do that I’d play 10 games tomorrow before lunch

• Advertisement
Advertisement