Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Bought 20 IFs earlier, listed them all up for my target price with the intention of mapping flipping them in the next 10-14 days. Half of them have already sold for 7K profit a piece thanks to the release of the party bag SBC. Pity I didn't go all in on them, ran out of time at lunch.

Also, worth checking your club for any tradeable IFs you may have gathered. I've quite a few now that are going for crazy prices due to the length of time I've been holding them and the party bag SBC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I know the game is broke and all but i think future stars Estupinan is bringing it to another level, he has 8 goals in 13 matches for me, smashed a few in from 25 yards to, so i taught this guys finishing rating must be excellant, so i had a look, and its very impressive indeed

Its 25 with 51 shot power, hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

The game is lag central for me tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

BrentMused wrote: »
    Saw people on Twitter saying no Icon Swaps content in the latest code so looks like we might not get that this week now :rolleyes:

Icon swaps confirmed for tomorrow - new loading screen just released.

With Fofana, Reinier & Cucurella to do, and Icon swaps I'm not sure if I'll bother with the WL.

The extra 4 red picks would let me do an FUT champs upgrade though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

v3ttel wrote: »
    Icon swaps confirmed for tomorrow - new loading screen just released.

With Fofana, Reinier & Cucurella to do, and Icon swaps I'm not sure if I'll bother with the WL.

The extra 4 red picks would let me do an FUT champs upgrade though.

Ah gift, cheers. I know now that I’ll skip weekend league

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

My luck is in this evening. Champs premium upgrade pack:

image.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

Got OTW Allan from the Party Bag to go along with my OTW bale from the first one

Luck picked up after as I got a duplicate untradeable Mbappe from an 81+ pack, Went years without packing him and now I pack him twice in little over a week

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Bruno headliner owners- if they do ucl motm cards this Friday they usually fire in 2 or 3 Europa league too.

It just depends whether to want to do it this week or not as mbappe would get one too and they might not want mbappe and bruno dropping at midnight on a friday

Bruno got motm anyway but watch them do anything to avoid upgrading his headliner

https://twitter.com/manutd/status/1362508251108098053?s=21

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Prime packs inbound for swaps! Pity they’ve reduced the 25 pack to an 82, but hopefully the icons are decent and/or the prime icon packs are reasonable.

https://twitter.com/futwatch/status/1362571890775195652?s=21

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Really looking forward to Icon Swaps.

The game feels a bit stale for me at the moment but with that and the objectives it'll get me back into it over the next few weeks.

I just hope that the Icon Swaps ends up being quick and easy like last time. Unfortunately I think they'll do something to try and put a stop to the golden goal seen in the previous Icon Swaps and/or at least make it more difficult such as by putting more tokens for Weekend League.

What are you hoping for in terms of (realistic) players? I'm hoping for a top CB, maybe a Mid Rio which at 800k I feel is a realistic option.

If we don't get something like that I think I'll just take the punt on the packs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I think I'd do an Icon player pick if its an option this time

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lads, ive seen some of he use a tracking app to keep a record of your WL results, but can’t figure out which one it is. Anyone mind telling me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Prime packs inbound for swaps! Pity they’ve reduced the 25 pack to an 82, but hopefully the icons are decent and/or the prime icon packs are reasonable.

https://twitter.com/futwatch/status/1362571890775195652?s=21

25 82+ is so much worse than 83+

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Lads, ive seen some of he use a tracking app to keep a record of your WL results, but can’t figure out which one it is. Anyone mind telling me?

I think it’s called FUT Track - I used it last week just to track my rival matches and see how it looked.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

There's a couple out there, I'm using FUT Track.

• Advertisement

Really looking forward to Icon Swaps.

The game feels a bit stale for me at the moment but with that and the objectives it'll get me back into it over the next few weeks.

I just hope that the Icon Swaps ends up being quick and easy like last time. Unfortunately I think they'll do something to try and put a stop to the golden goal seen in the previous Icon Swaps and/or at least make it more difficult such as by putting more tokens for Weekend League.

What are you hoping for in terms of (realistic) players? I'm hoping for a top CB, maybe a Mid Rio which at 800k I feel is a realistic option.

If we don't get something like that I think I'll just take the punt on the packs.

Yeah I’m thinking they’ll make it more difficult too, instead of just say “win 6 matches with 11 premier league players (x amount first owned)” they’ll make it a 2 part segment and also include something like “score in 12 individual matches with a premier league player and 11 premier league players in your starting 11”
    To try deter people from using golden goal.

I’d say they won’t make them harder. They’ll just make the rewards relatively worse.

Not just that 82 pack (which I wouldn’t touch with a barge pole), but the icon selection will be relatively bland. Maybe an icon worth about 700k as the top prize, but who will be starting to drag behind the power curve shortly.

AdamD wrote: »
    I think I'd do an Icon player pick if its an option this time

That's a great shout actually!

I completely forgot about that option but from what I can recall seeing of those picks, they were really good.

I just watched 20 on YouTube and the results were as follows:

- Ronaldinho
    - Figo
    - Guillit
    - Kaka
    - Beckham
    - Eto'o
    - Keane
    - Maradona
    - Alberto
    - Matthaus
    - Campbell
    - Ronaldinho
    - Best
    - Blanc
    - Guillit
    - Ballack/Cole
    - Campbell
    - Ronaldinho
    - Desailly
    - Zidane

You'd imagine they'll make it a mid icon pick this time around rather than base.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Moments cards are also coming out.
    Man I’d love a moments Puskas..his cards are already crazy so the moments would be completely nuts.

Are the Future Star cards going out of packs tonight? Not that I’ve any chance of pulling one given my horrific pack luck but might torture myself and open a few packs if they are going out of packs and see if I can get one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Yeah you'd imagine the picks will be PIM for two 'meh' icons. A few decent Primes. And then maybe one great mid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,931 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

all the descriptions for the PIMs have been released and they don't match the pictures at all, they clearly just bought the cheapest images they could for each player.

Henry's moment is for a goal he scored for France while he was a Barcelona player....his image is from an Arsenal match

I don’t trade really at all this year as playing the game a lot more causally

But.........I made a mint on this last year and can see from icon swaps 1 it still works

Icon swaps gives you about a 5 minute window to clean up on objectives, most people will go in, look at the icons available decide what to do with tokens, and only then check on the objectives

Head straight to the objectives screen at 6 and see anything that doubled up, particularly in squad battles for icon swaps cos people hate that so will do anything to play less matches.

Last time we had an all silver squad,and a French requirement, so any double up on them was very profitable

French silvers we’re going for 4 or 5k in the first hour, then people relaxed and they fell back to 2 or 3k.

But if you see anything like that, jump on, say if there’s a silver requirement again and an all German requirement try go for German silvers as quick as you can.
    Or a liga nos requirement and an Brazil requirement load up on liga nos Brazil players as people will look to double up.

You could easily pick up cards for 400/500 and sell for 3 or 4K a few mins later if the requirements are unique enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

That's a great shout actually!

I completely forgot about that option but from what I can recall seeing of those picks, they were really good.

I just watched 20 on YouTube and the results were as follows:

- Ronaldinho
    - Figo
    - Guillit
    - Kaka
    - Beckham
    - Eto'o
    - Keane
    - Maradona
    - Alberto
    - Matthaus
    - Campbell
    - Ronaldinho
    - Best
    - Blanc
    - Guillit
    - Ballack/Cole
    - Campbell
    - Ronaldinho
    - Desailly
    - Zidane

You'd imagine they'll make it a mid icon pick this time around rather than base.

Base Keane,Van nistelroy, and pires were my options:o

Base Keane,Van nistelroy, and pires were my options:o

Jesus, that's unlucky man. I think that's the worst 3 I've heard of/seen and I've spent about an hour watching them today! :eek:

all the descriptions for the PIMs have been released and they don't match the pictures at all, they clearly just bought the cheapest images they could for each player.

Henry's moment is for a goal he scored for France while he was a Barcelona player....his image is from an Arsenal match

Looks like they've also got Schmeichel and Hierro's description mixed up! :pac:

Icon swaps. Can't wait to see Laudrup pop out again. Lobbed the fcuker into a SBC ages ago. He'll be back again, no doubt.

I’d forgotten how sweaty the WL can be when there’s extra red picks on the line. All these ultra teams playing 1 death, long ball tactics for the chance at a 78 rated Dutch league lad or something.

Opened a pack for 300 goals with Silvers...just before 6pm. Get the purple pack opening! Future Stars! Oscar?!

Some 85 rated Spanish CAM. Still good pack luck but untradeable and not going to make my team

I’d forgotten how sweaty the WL can be when there’s extra red picks on the line. All these ultra teams playing 1 death, long ball tactics for the chance at a 78 rated Dutch league lad or something.

I would have thought its less sweaty? The sweaty people are every week regardless, surely the extra picks b

Icon objectives are up - other than the token for 18 WL wins doesn’t seem too bad

• Advertisement

Holy sh!t that’s a tragic selection.
    Roberto baggio as the top pick or a baby butragueno.

They’ve also added in the goal and assist requirements as I predicted to try deter people from golden goal.

Not even sure if I’ll bother with icon swaps. The selection is actually worse than icon swaps 1, is it worth the grind?

I don’t trade really at all this year as playing the game a lot more causally

But.........I made a mint on this last year and can see from icon swaps 1 it still works

Icon swaps gives you about a 5 minute window to clean up on objectives, most people will go in, look at the icons available decide what to do with tokens, and only then check on the objectives

Head straight to the objectives screen at 6 and see anything that doubled up, particularly in squad battles for icon swaps cos people hate that so will do anything to play less matches.

Last time we had an all silver squad,and a French requirement, so any double up on them was very profitable

French silvers we’re going for 4 or 5k in the first hour, then people relaxed and they fell back to 2 or 3k.

But if you see anything like that, jump on, say if there’s a silver requirement again and an all German requirement try go for German silvers as quick as you can.
    Or a liga nos requirement and an Brazil requirement load up on liga nos Brazil players as people will look to double up.

You could easily pick up cards for 400/500 and sell for 3 or 4K a few mins later if the requirements are unique enough

On this, csl silvers are going for about 6/7k now if you got in on them quickly

Initial thinking, I may go for Blanc for the Utd P&P. Poor selection of cards though.

All you Puskas fans out there, his in games look nuts on the prime moments card.

EFA58065-7-F26-4965-8-CE7-778-E5-BDFA59-D.jpg

I'll do 13 to get mid-Blanc anyway.

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Initial thinking, I may go for Blanc for the Utd P&P. Poor selection of cards though.

13 tokens last time out got you Koeman - is Blanc better than him?

I might look at Overmars as he would fit in with my Dutch heavy squad but agree that it’s pretty underwhelming choices.

Might go for 14 tokens and roll the dice on the 91 Prime Icon pack - will probably end up with Koeman knowing my luck, lol

All the packs added to the code the other day feature here, except for this one...

Screenshot_2021-02-19_at_18.22.09.png

Even the best pack available has a chance at giving out a Prime instead of a PIM. They also didn't include an Icon player pick this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

is it worth the grind?

Look in your heart Master Hogey. You know the answer to this already.

Boulders8 wrote: »
    13 tokens last time out got you Koeman - is Blanc better than him?

I might look at Overmars as he would fit in with my Dutch heavy squad but agree that it’s pretty underwhelming choices.

Might go for 14 tokens and roll the dice on the 91 Prime Icon pack - will probably end up with Koeman knowing my luck, lol

Blanc is a better defender for sure. Pace and physicality. Koeman the better ball player. Depends what you want from your CB I suppose.

• Advertisement

Koeman is better or tied in everything bar -4 Pace

Screenshot_2021-02-19_at_18.30.10.png

Bought a load of Romagnolis as he's the only decent Italian CB. Sold them for about 1.5k profit each (didn't actually realise the max price was 10k :pac:)

I have a feeling that beating Spanish teams with an Italian team is going to be tough

Koeman is better or tied in everything bar -4 Pace

Screenshot_2021-02-19_at_18.30.10.png

Blanc is 6'4 though. Body types as a defender defo make a difference too. I'd rather be dribbling at Koeman than Blanc.

The in game graphic shows prime blanc but the swaps screen shows mid, can they not do anything right!!

They should give us baby blanc to make up for it :)

https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/lnmy8a/ea_advertising_the_prime_blanc_as_part_of_swaps/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Just a small rant here, i win A galvanised steel ball as a season reward, like even by EA standards, who thinks these things up and who says thats a good idea, i like that one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,276 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Going for a la liga mostly special cards outfit this week see how we go, I won’t lack for pace anyway

Gh3ZP7W.jpg[\img]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

Swing and a miss by EA for sure, but is anybody really surprised any more ?

A few changes to accommodate Mane and Antony. Going to 343 in-game for this weekend.

image.png

In game:
    image.png

Giggsy_ wrote: »
    Swing and a miss by EA for sure, but is anybody really surprised any more ?

It’s bad when you’re not expecting much and are still disappointed.

Icon swaps last year offered a good selection and variety, now it’s 100% geared towards you taking a lottery pack.
    They were supposed to have icon sbc’s back this year too but they’ve been fairly neglected too.
    Not had a new one in ages.

dmigsy wrote: »
    A few changes to accommodate Mane and Antony. Going to 343 in-game for this weekend.

image.png

Sure you can fit a few more left mids/wingers in that team? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Does anyone run 4-2-2-2 regularly? Might give it a shot this weekend and try something different. I'm running into the same problems lately with 352.

• Advertisement
Advertisement