Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭Tenks

3 games into WL so far and they’ve all gone to pens. Can’t handle this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

dmigsy wrote: »
    Blanc is a better defender for sure. Pace and physicality. Koeman the better ball player. Depends what you want from your CB I suppose.

Could always take Blanc and move Koeman up to CDM.

Doesn’t make much difference to me if he’s a better defender, nothing is going to improve my defending as about as shocking as you can get 😬

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

Is there any way of taking it handy during the squad battles matches ? The trick where the goalie would pass it into space which meant opponents couldn’t tackle isn’t working for me any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Sure you can fit a few more left mids/wingers in that team? :pac:

I will defo forget to change formation at some point and be cursing Neymar at LB :pac: This Fifa you could just play a full team of Left-mids and right-backs and have a totally competitive team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

GavK wrote: »
    Is there any way of taking it handy during the squad battles matches ? The trick where the goalie would pass it into space which meant opponents couldn’t tackle isn’t working for me any more.

There’s one alright that works on world class apparently..

https://youtu.be/bZkaHkYu0iM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Those icon swaps are absolutely appalling.
    Guess I’m hanging onto Puskas for another 2 months at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Jesus, that Icon Swaps content is horrific.

The amount of good content that they have cut down on in the last few years is scandalous, but their profits go up and up so they won't care.

I was keeping fodder in the hope of a half decent Icon SBC but I think I'll just do Rooney and Jones now and take the packs for Icon Swaps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,931 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Tomorrow will mark 6 weeks since the last Icon SBC, I've stopped even counting the days since the last Milestone player.

Also with all versions that's 400+ Icons in the game, they only have to choose 6, and they still choose 2 exact versions that were in Swaps last year (Base Butra, PIM Overmars)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Was hoping for desailly or someone, will do Curtis Jones now I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Lads i just conceded a goal where im on the attack and as i approach his box, my f'n keeper sprints past my whole team into his box, i stopped playing, i couldnt believe it, so he got the ball and scored, i actually had to quit, that is the worst yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

This is what was offered in January last year, now compare that to the garbage we got offered today

They brought back icon swaps and people thought it was the best of both worlds yet they’ve managed to ruin both

549779-BC-CF57-40-DB-93-E8-299829-AB581-E.png

The funny thing is, you have absolute melts on Reddit still defending ea and saying this is the community’s fault for requesting icon sbc’s, that ea had no choice.

It was very easy for them to co-exist and have good options in both

A 93 rated kroos flashback has been added to futbin so sbc or objective prob comes tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Hogey007 wrote: »
    A 93 rated kroos flashback has been added to futbin so sbc or objective prob comes tomorrow

Looks good too.

Decided to do Jones and Rooney as a result of the rubbish Icon content.

What chem style would you recommend for Jones (box to box alongside Kante in a 4231) and Rooney (CAM in the same formation?

I'm thinking engine for Rooney anyway, shadow for Jones to boost the defensive stats a bit?

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

Won 6 one nation games with Spanish players this morning so just needed 1 more win. The last three games where I’ve gone a goal up and my opponent has quit, it then kicks me out of ultimate team and when I log back in I get the DNF message. Has this happened to anyone else ? Have FIFA a break for about a month there, now I remember why. Such a **** game.

GavK wrote: »
    Won 6 one nation games with Spanish players this morning so just needed 1 more win. The last three games where I’ve gone a goal up and my opponent has quit, it then kicks me out of ultimate team and when I log back in I get the DNF message. Has this happened to anyone else ? Have FIFA a break for about a month there, now I remember why. Such a **** game.

I think if you get too many quits in a short space of time you get this, I’m not sure of the exact number, but when it happens once, if you log out of fifa for about half an hour you should be good to go again (daft I know, they don’t want anything that can benefit users)

BrentMused wrote: »
    Decided to do Jones and Rooney as a result of the rubbish Icon content.

What chem style would you recommend for Jones (box to box alongside Kante in a 4231) and Rooney (CAM in the same formation?

I'm thinking engine for Rooney anyway, shadow for Jones to boost the defensive stats a bit?

Shadow for Jones. Had a Maestro on him first but Shadow is much better.

• Advertisement

Put on one of the ligue 1 games there for icon swaps at half time in chelsea match, score first and yer man doesn’t quit (that’s fine, he doesn’t have to)

Anyway, he equalizes and as I already have the wins and just need the assists I rubber band it.
    Just checked it there now and yer man is still playing, it’s 27-1 :D and he’s celebrating every goal!
    Poor chap must think I’m still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

dmigsy wrote: »
    Shadow for Jones. Had a Maestro on him first but Shadow is much better.

im using a guardian on him, gives him a +10 balance plus other dribbling stats and gives him the defending boosts too, dont think we need to add pace to him, if using him as a pure cdm or holding mid i think anchor>shadow also

I couldnt win a match this morning so i dropped Ramos for Lenglet and im now on a 7 game winning streak, Ramos doesnt play to his attributes i find, Lenglet, Varane, TOTW Paulista definitely play better to me

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Put on one of the ligue 1 games there for icon swaps at half time in chelsea match, score first and yer man doesn’t quit (that’s fine, he doesn’t have to)

Anyway, he equalizes and as I already have the wins and just need the assists I rubber band it.
    Just checked it there now and yer man is still playing, it’s 27-1 :D and he’s celebrating every goal!
    Poor chap must think I’m still there.

How do you not get disconnected for not playing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Initial thoughts on icon swaps were to go for the 91+ prime icon or the prime/moments icon. Still quite a few 91+ prime icons who are not usable. The likelihood of the other pack is surely that you would get a random prime icon and not a moments.

Kind of leaning towards taking Prime Cashley and then doing the base icon pack or the mid icon pack. Worst case I'll end up with one usable icon, and then just pray for someone useful in the other pack.

Don't really want to spend all that time, doing one of the better packs and then ending up with jack sh*t of use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Tempted by the Prime/Moments pack, all of the moments cards look like wins so that increases the chance of a good outcome. Though working to that many tokens to get an unusable prime would be heartbreaking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

I wish they didn’t do a staggered release for the moments icons, something to be aware of if going for the Prime/Moments packs

Giggsy_ wrote: »
    I wish they didn’t do a staggered release for the moments icons, something to be aware of if going for the Prime/Moments packs

It won't affect the Prime/Moments pack

Base Icons aren't in packs at all anymore, they're still all available in the Base Icon Pack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,182 ✭✭✭Guffy

Put a rubber band around an analogue stick or just rest the remote so that its pressing the stick

Need a big SBC soon, this is my fodder not including anyone in my main squad:

Screenshot_2021-02-20_at_16.08.47.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

It won't affect the Prime/Moments pack

Base Icons aren't in packs at all anymore, they're still all available in the Base Icon Pack.

I thought if they weren’t in packs in the store they wouldn’t be in the icon pack, My Bad

• Advertisement

Put a rubber band around an the anolog sticks or just put the l3 button titled up with a dvd/book holding it up as you have the controller face down

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Choice of...

85 Stones
    84 Martinez
    75 Derbyshire

...for the 10 wins.

Choice of...

85 Stones
    84 Martinez
    75 Derbyshire

...for the 10 wins.

Green link to that Zinchenko SBC you'll absolutely be doing

:pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

16-14

Just couldn’t get over the line, which is the story of my life :(

NDidi and Banega for my picks though which aren’t bad.

8-0 so far. 4 RQs and couple of tight games that I won AET. Coming up against some serious squads.

The new players FS Antony, 91 Mane and RB Costa all doing well. I brought in Prime Van Der Sar mainly for chem for Klaiber but he's actually the first keeper that I've used that's made saves that I didn't expect him to make. Really made a difference in the tight games and dominant on set pieces.

Will play to 14 tomorrow anyway, and maybe a bit further if I have time.

Anyone decided what they're going to take with the Icon Swaps yet?

I don't really want to do the WL tokens so between this and the next set of tokens (8 tokens from each) will probably just go Base Icon Pack, plus the 25 x 82 and the 25 x 83 which I'll keep for a promo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Anyone doing that showdown zinchenko? Likely to win so will be a good card but over 300k is steep enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

BrentMused wrote: »
    Anyone decided what they're going to take with the Icon Swaps yet?

I don't really want to do the WL tokens so between this and the next set of tokens (8 tokens from each) will probably just go Base Icon Pack, plus the 25 x 82 and the 25 x 83 which I'll keep for a promo.

If there’s an icon SBC I want to do, I’ll take the packs. If not, I’ll do the prime/moments one. That’s if I’m arsed going for the 16 required... if not, just a prime pack will do me.

If there’s an icon SBC I want to do, I’ll take the packs. If not, I’ll do the prime/moments one. That’s if I’m arsed going for the 16 required... if not, just a prime pack will do me.

Same as that. I’m really hoping there’s a good icon sbc and I’ll just take packs for fodder (and open during a promo for a slim chance of a special)

I hate the lottery element of icon packs (I know that’s boring, but mainly because I did 34 prime icon sbc’s at the end of fifa 20 and got 3 usable players) so I’d prefer to avoid the icon packs and can’t see myself taking any of the icons available, they wouldn’t strengthen my team as it is now so def not in 5 weeks time (blanc I might consider for a United team)

Had a really good start to WL, 10-1. Used these tactics for the first time:

Its very attacking - 4312 with only the CBs and 1 DM on stay back. Can get done on the break but its far more fun than playing conservative

Using

Lloris
    Walker Todibo Varane Mendy
    Marquinhos
    Jones Cantona Aouar
    Rashford (6 chem) Neymar

Trying to get Future Stars Saka in for Rashford but really not sure if he's worth spending pretty much all of my coins on.

Also slightly underwhelmed by Curtis Jones so far? His reviews were so good but nothing special so far. Todibo's class though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Need a big SBC soon, this is my fodder not including anyone in my main squad:

I'm the same. Was praying for a Neymar POTM.

Theres a lot of cool special cards there though for me but I'd prob get rid for the right SBC

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

AdamD wrote: »
    Green link to that Zinchenko SBC you'll absolutely be doing

:pac:
    Ha, I now have both Stones red cards. No chance of me doing this SBC.
    Had a really good start to WL, 10-1. Used these tactics for the first time:

Its very attacking - 4312 with only the CBs and 1 DM on stay back. Can get done on the break but its far more fun than playing conservative

Using

Lloris
    Walker Todibo Varane Mendy
    Marquinhos
    Jones Cantona Aouar
    Rashford (6 chem) Neymar

Trying to get Future Stars Saka in for Rashford but really not sure if he's worth spending pretty much all of my coins on.

Also slightly underwhelmed by Curtis Jones so far? His reviews were so good but nothing special so far. Todibo's class though

What would you normally finish on? I find if I have a good start I get matched against really good players so I end up going say 6-1 to 6-6 very easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

What would you normally finish on? I find if I have a good start I get matched against really good players so I end up going say 6-1 to 6-6 very easily.

Take. Abreak if u lose one I find

Been getting to 20 wins the last few times. I'd imagine it'll be the same again as the MM catches up with me.

Just thought the tactics were a good shout for enjoyment whilst still getting results. Especially with a lot of people playing more cautious these days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Playing my Div Rivals games today and the usual shocking bad gameplay. Seemed to fix itself at about 2am. So decided to try start my weekend league games. Played 2 as I couldn't stay up too late but they were butter smooth.

So it seems the sweet spot for smooth gameplay is 2am-11am. Not much help really but at least I know for sure now.

Bizarrely I found that Martinez was far more responsive in bad gameplay then Dybala, Ronaldo or Rooney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Zero motivation to play the game.
    I think I’m 4-1 for WL bit not really sure as played each of the games separately rather than a burst of time.
    Even icon swaps is awful, I might just do the moments pack just for kicks and maybe then park until tots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,276 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Anyone tried the Latin American Spanish commentary?

Really makes an event of a goal worth a go!

Right I have gone right back from getting to my first weekend league and winning a few games and holding my own in div 6 I’m back in div 8 and can’t buy a win .

I don’t get to play very often .

What formation would work best for a rube like me ? I actually liked 442 best I think but they say that’s for better players ?

8-1. First game this morning I face this team :pac:. Lost 1-0 and he was an absolute sweat. Killing time from when he scored in the first half.

image.png

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

He's been an absolute monster for me so far. Him and Kante at CDM are unplayable at times and his shooting/passing very impressive too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

CSWS101 wrote: »
    He's been an absolute monster for me so far. Him and Kante at CDM are unplayable at times and his shooting/passing very impressive too

Im thinking if selling 91 Ballack and doing the Curtis Jones sbc.

Advertisement