Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,276 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

hots wrote: »
    VVD will be a nice upgrade from my 83 Stones I've been running anyway :D also means I'll probably take a spin on the icon SBC roulette if the Thursday packs are any use.

i did two and got utter garbage :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Cyrus wrote: »
    i did two and got utter garbage :(

Actually I should really just do Rooney instead I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

chips1234 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/futkarlito/status/1364020222378786818

cheey little prime cantona from the mid or prime :D:D

So good that you casually leave out the fact that you packed Mbappe in the previous pack before that! :pac:

Prime Cantona is the dream pull as a United fan. Hope he's decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

93 Flashback Kroos SBC up - relatively reasonably priced at 83, 84 and 85 squads with one IF each required. 20 days to do it so might try and grind it out using the 82-88 upgrade

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Boulders8 wrote: »
    93 Flashback Kroos SBC up - relatively reasonably priced at 83, 84 and 85 squads with one IF each required. 20 days to do it so might try and grind it out using the 82-88 upgrade

He lacks any physical presence and med/med work rates aren't great. His problem is he's not good enough at defence or attack to compensate for that low sprint speed. (Thats slower then Flashback Khedira)

You could get away with him in a 3 man midfield but he will cost you defensively in a 2 man. Having great shooting stats is a little pointless in a CM or CDM when he's too slow to get in behind. You could get Jones or IF Kante for the same price who would be far more effective.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Anyone else still not get their prime gaming pack. Mine is linked correctly as it was showing the first month claimed but nothing yet

How do you claim the prime gaming pack? I've my twitch and EA accounts linked and have been getting those FGS tokens, but didn't get the prime gaming pack(s).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

v3ttel wrote: »
    So good that you casually leave out the fact that you packed Mbappe in the previous pack before that! :pac:

Prime Cantona is the dream pull as a United fan. Hope he's decent.

ah there was just too much cantona to be flexing that much :D but yeah cantona is pretty decent tbh 8 goals in 4 games so far in rivals and being honest im playing ****e

stuchyg wrote: »
    Anyone else still not get their prime gaming pack. Mine is linked correctly as it was showing the first month claimed but nothing yet

Same as that

• Advertisement

So i was looking for a striker to take the load of Torres for a bit, he plays every game anyway i bought future stars Isak and what a card that is, 6'4 with 90 speed and 89 finishing before chem boost, he is terrific, 87 agility as well

Signed him up 8 goals in 3 games tonight !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Those Fofana objectives are fairly awful - get assists in 6 seperate games with a CDM who had CB stats?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

AdamD wrote: »
    Those Fofana objectives are fairly awful - get assists in 6 seperate games with a CDM who had CB stats?

Yeah, I did the first couple of objectives and asked myself what the hell I was doing continuing with that slog for a player who is probably worse in-game than 10k Joe Gomez.

I think it would be worth it if he was a bit quicker, but at this stage of the game he needs to be better for that grind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

I finished that part last night, ended up putting him at CAM and doubling up with finishing the Reiner objective, although at first he was scoring rather than assisting, lol. 8 out of 12 parts done now - what fun!

He’s definitely more of a slog than Cucurella and Reiner

Browsing Reddit there and by this time in FIFA 18, we had the following noteworthy Icons available as SBC's:

- Ronaldinho
    - Matthaus
    - Ferdinand
    - Vieira
    - Henry
    - Petit
    - Carlos

Plus loads of others like Yashin etc. No expiry date, so you could chip away at them each week with your weekly rewards, and it gave people a proper long-term but attainable goal.

Also, the packs you'd get for submitting the squads were very good, e.g. for the 87 rated squad you'd get a 100,000 pack, for an 86 you'd get at least a 50,000 pack.

We've also had the tradeable packs and end rewards for the league SBC's taken away from us.

Most games add features year on year but FIFA seems to be the only game that reduces content every year yet becomes more popular! I know the reason why they do it (driving people towards buying FIFA Points) but how there hasn't been some sort of movement by the community is beyond me.

The community is so large that I genuinely think it could have an impact in terms of forcing EA to give us back our content if it came together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I'm basically bowing out of it really.
    I don't know if I did the 4 wins or the 6 wins for WL but I think it was 4.
    For Rivals I'm at rank3 as I haven't bothered playing it and all of the objectives I've no interest in doing it.
    They're just slowly killing the game.

• Advertisement

You can sub Cucurella in when doing the Icon Swaps squad battles challenges to get his done at the same time

Boulders8 wrote: »
    I finished that part last night, ended up putting him at CAM and doubling up with finishing the Reiner objective, although at first he was scoring rather than assisting, lol. 8 out of 12 parts done now - what fun!

He’s definitely more of a slog than Cucurella and Reiner

I'm combing Reinier and Fofana but really not sure I will complete either.

I've found Cucurella's 84 to be decent so I will probably focus on getting him. I started his 82 for icon swaps for La Liga and Spain, so that was 19 games started out of the 25.

Haven't heard many people mention it, but the speed dribbler and technical dribbler traits seem to be the most important in the game for attackers. I was trying to figure out why Dembele feels so good when he has 81 balance, 89 agility and 86 as a face dribbling stat. He feels so much better than lots of cards that have 90+ dribbling.

I was trying to find out what he had in common with the other players I've really liked and who felt responsive (Mbappe, Neymar, Robben, Rashford) and turns out all of them and Dembele have both traits. Their left stick dribbling feels so much better than most others. Even in rubbish gameplay these lads have all felt better than the rest.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Blazer wrote: »
    I'm basically bowing out of it really.
    I don't know if I did the 4 wins or the 6 wins for WL but I think it was 4.
    For Rivals I'm at rank3 as I haven't bothered playing it and all of the objectives I've no interest in doing it.
    They're just slowly killing the game.

I'm selling up Puskas and Eto'o and taking a break, I reckon.

I've not been playing for rewards for a few weeks now, but for fun. But that's waned big time now too.

I'll be back in a while, but there's just no real, long-term goals now. No Icon SBCs to work towards, no hopes of getting IFs that will improve your team. I didn't even look at Future Stars really, the first time a promo just utterly passed me by.

Not being able to chip away at Icons has been a killer over the last 18 months. Even Kaka....like, if he'd not had an expiry, I'd have pumped fodder into him slowly. But once there's a time limit, I just cannot be bothered.

The whole FOMO has worn off now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

BrentMused wrote: »
    Browsing Reddit there and by this time in FIFA 18, we had the following noteworthy Icons available as SBC's:

- Ronaldinho
    - Matthaus
    - Ferdinand
    - Vieira
    - Henry
    - Petit
    - Carlos

Plus loads of others like Yashin etc. No expiry date, so you could chip away at them each week with your weekly rewards, and it gave people a proper long-term but attainable goal.

Also, the packs you'd get for submitting the squads were very good, e.g. for the 87 rated squad you'd get a 100,000 pack, for an 86 you'd get at least a 50,000 pack.

We've also had the tradeable packs and end rewards for the league SBC's taken away from us.

Most games add features year on year but FIFA seems to be the only game that reduces content every year yet becomes more popular! I know the reason why they do it (driving people towards buying FIFA Points) but how there hasn't been some sort of movement by the community is beyond me.

The community is so large that I genuinely think it could have an impact in terms of forcing EA to give us back our content if it came together.

Ah I’m basically done with fifa, I didn’t get fifa 21 when it came out because I could see the shift towards the stuff you said in fifa 19 and even more so in fifa 20.
    I was intrigued by icon sbc’s coming back but knew they wouldn’t be like before.

I did end up getting fifa 21 at new year purely because we were facing another lockdown.

I play it very casually (compared to how I played fifa 18,19,20) and even after 7 weeks or so I have very little desire to play.
    They’ve shifted everything away from you being able to control your own team to it being a lottery. There’s few player specific sbc’s that are really good and if they are they usually cost an arm and a leg.
    Instead most people have to settle for party bags, random icon sbc’s to use fodder on.

And now they’ve managed to ruin icon swaps too, I’m only playing 7 weeks, I don’t trade and I don’t buy fifa points and not 1 player in icon swaps would improve my team now, let alone in another month when we can actually get them.
    So most people will choose the random icon packs and/or fodder packs.

And the worst thing is, not only do a lot people accept this, they think it’s great.

“Ah sure I could get prime R9.........oh wait, it’s a danish flag, ah crap, laudrup, can’t all be winners eh? I’ll fire him into the next sbc”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

v3ttel wrote: »
    Haven't heard many people mention it, but the speed dribbler and technical dribbler traits seem to be the most important in the game for attackers. I was trying to figure out why Dembele feels so good when he has 81 balance, 89 agility and 86 as a face dribbling stat. He feels so much better than lots of cards that have 90+ dribbling.

I was trying to find out what he had in common with the other players I've really liked and who felt responsive (Mbappe, Neymar, Robben, Rashford) and turns out all of them and Dembele have both traits. Their left stick dribbling feels so much better than most others. Even in rubbish gameplay these lads have all felt better than the rest.

That's interesting, I thought those traits were CPU only?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

- Ronaldinho
    - Matthaus
    - Ferdinand
    - Vieira
    - Henry
    - Petit
    - Carlos

I agree with your overall statement, it is going bacwards. But the bit in bold I'm not sure what there is you can do? People are always going to buy the game, no chance of a boycott. And as long as they do there's no reason for EA to change.

Even if you took this thread as a micro sample of the wider community. The same thing happens every year:

1. No way I am buying it this year.
    2. Having read this thread I am so happy I didn't buy it this year.
    3. I bought it but only because of [Flimsy Reason X than in no way invalidates all the promises of not buying it again]
    4. This is terrible, why did I bother?
    5. I'm deleting my club, never buying FIFA again.
    6. I'm back, but only playing for the craic but somehow have an absolute super team again already.
    7. That's FIFA done for the year, no way I am buying it again next year.

Rinse and repeat.

EA doesn't need to change anything because no matter how much people complain they know they will still make 100s of millions off it. The percentage of people who do actually boycott is a drop in the ocean and even then they nearly always come back.

Arciphel wrote: »
    That's interesting, I thought those traits were CPU only?

It's definitely more than just for the CPU, but they don't really explain any of the traits. It's not clear what practical difference the majority of them make.

It kind of explains now why I've gone through so many LAMs/LM/LWs and RAM/RM/RWs and wasn't happy with how responsive any of them were, except the ones who have both traits. It just allows them to do these micro turns with just left stick dribbling when you run forward, fake backwards for a micro-second and go forwards again. They do it so quickly, whereas the others hardly respond to it.

I ended up subbing out Stoichov and SIF Bamba for Robben and Rashford. Two of them felt so stiff and slow on the ball - despite having equal or better stats & full chem, while the other two ripped defenses apart even if you sub them on in minute 1 and playing with lower chem as they are subs.

Probably part of the reason people go so crazy for baby Dalglish too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Going through swaps and half thinking I cba doing Reinier now. I’ll try get to his 2nd best card but I’ll be happy with just Cucurella. Looks a quality card for a super sub.

"What If" promo announced anyway.

Presumably a way for them to just pick some high value cards. "What If Rashford was a CAM instead of a winger?" "What if Gareth Bale was still good?" "What if this selection of French players were in this promo?"

New Ligue 1 Milestone player as well.

Oh hey, a good TOTW too!

Rashford, Ronaldo, and some good trading fodder.

Mavididi as a 95 pace English attacker playing in the French league? Be still my trader's heart :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

I'll have to give HL Upamecano another run since he got his upgrade.

image.png

Rio referencing having an Icon card on BT Sport's Champions League coverage just now! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

I've a recurring issue where my objectives won't load, like I can see Week 1 - Gold, and I can see the names of the sub objectives but it won't let me move left onto them, anyone else get this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Lord TSC wrote: »
    "What If" promo announced anyway.

Presumably a way for them to just pick some high value cards. "What If Rashford was a CAM instead of a winger?" "What if Gareth Bale was still good?" "What if this selection of French players were in this promo?"

What if we made a proper football game for you players out there, nah we cant do that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Cyrus wrote: »
    Signed him up 8 goals in 3 games tonight !

Playing Rivals with him up front with Torres now and its just not fair, they cant stop scoring, although if i needed the wins to get ranked 1st, im fairly sure they'd be firing blanks.

Rio referencing having an Icon card on BT Sport's Champions League coverage just now! :pac:

BT know whats up, half the viewers are watching to see if Cancelo and Varane get their upgrades.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Parawind wrote: »
    BT know whats up, half the viewers are watching to see if Cancelo and Varane get their upgrades.
    Thought sure oblak would get me an upgrade last night :(
    Beast of a keeper would of been fab as 94.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Thought sure oblak would get me an upgrade last night :(
    Beast of a keeper would of been fab as 94.

Yeah I think a lot of people were expecting that. Watching the Real match just there it felt like EA wrote the script, Mendy finesse shot to rescue the Varane upgrade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

If they do ucl motm cards this week there’ll be a motm ferland mendy in it.

I suspect they will release them this week, they dodged it last week as they’d have to give mbappe, Haaland, bruno and possibly salah or mane motm cards and while they usually have no problem giving them specials to sell packs, motm cards are different as only come out at midnight Friday and stay in packs for 3 days or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Hogey007 wrote: »
    If they do ucl motm cards this week there’ll be a motm ferland mendy in it.

I suspect they will release them this week, they dodged it last week as they’d have to give mbappe, Haaland, bruno and possibly salah or mane motm cards and while they usually have no problem giving them specials to sell packs, motm cards are different as only come out at midnight Friday and stay in packs for 3 days or so.

I think they might give Haaland one. He should have got a TOTW.
    But that would mean that his Headliner card would go up so EA probably thought.......naaaaaah!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Was using TOTY Messi for the La Liga swaps... so so much fun using him. Up there with the likes of TOTS Ben Yedder, Futties Alessandrini, Futties Lozano as some of my all-time favourite cards.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

G2 Rewards:

76 Wilks
    78 Phillips
    82 Steffen
    84 Keane

81 Mavididi
    84 De Paul
    78 Lucas Piazon
    76 Van Den Bergh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

That was a waste of a weekend anyway i got no Ronaldo :(

Haller and Younes :/

Oh, but those two let me do one of the 86+ upgrade packs...

4cddvgP.png

Keane and Mavidi. Getting an 81 as my highest rated across 4 picks is just madness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

AdamD wrote: »
    Keane and Mavidi. Getting an 81 as my highest rated across 4 picks is just madness

That is nothing but a kick in the stones with a size 14 boot.

If you do almost every wl so far and you get 6 options a pop how can you possibly never get a top 2-3 pick

Given I got RedRon, I know I said I was skipping this weekend, but I really want to play with him now.

Had already sold Puskas and Eto'o, so instead of having 2 2m strikers last weekend, I figured "**** it, let's try 2 4m strikers instead.". I'll probably regret this but...

LkUuyOo.png

I've no clue how I'll work him in, but I absolutely couldn't resist. Will look for a formation to fit both in, and see how much abuse I can get this weekend :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Given I got RedRon, I know I said I was skipping this weekend, but I really want to play with him now.

Had already sold Puskas and Eto'o, so instead of having 2 2m strikers last weekend, I figured "**** it, let's try 2 4m strikers instead.". I'll probably regret this but...

LkUuyOo.png

I've no clue how I'll work him in, but I absolutely couldn't resist. Will look for a formation to fit both in, and see how much abuse I can get this weekend :P

As long as you’re playing him on 4 chem he’s gonna do the business with those stats :)

Blazer wrote: »
    As long as you’re playing him on 4 chem he’s gonna do the business with those stats :)

I used him during the week in a draft at CAM and he was insane. And I loved his base card.

Trying to work out if I can maybe do a 4-2-3-1 with Ronaldo up top, and Rooney, Bruno and Messi as the three CAMs. I might have to drop Rooney and do the Kroos SBC though, to try and chem everyone in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭piplip87

Anybody with Jake Livermore 74 silver cards. There going now straight away for 30,000

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

LkUuyOo.png

I didn't enjoy using Messi for the swaps token using.

You could use FFS Dest to green link him.

Did you do any of the Juve SBCs to link to Ronaldo?

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Did you do any of the Juve SBCs to link to Ronaldo?

I've basically no Italian league cards :pac: I was utterly neglecting the league and focusing on La Liga this year. Had to use some silvers for the Icon Swaps part.

I luckily have 2POTM Bruno so get some links that way. Plus Prime Keane.

• Advertisement
Advertisement