Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

That Kulusevski card links well to Ronaldo and isn't crazy expensive. Supposed to be very good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

93 Ronaldo from the 86+ Champs Upgrade. Woooow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I've basically no Italian league cards :pac: I was utterly neglecting the league and focusing on La Liga this year. Had to use some silvers for the Icon Swaps part.

I luckily have 2POTM Bruno so get some links that way. Plus Prime Keane.

TIF Martinez or TOGS Gomez should make linking Ronaldo and Messi pretty straightforward.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Got choice of Carrasco, Kroos and Kimpembe in my 86 upgrade. Went for Kimpembe.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

Any1 else habing trouble getting into a game get to see other players squad and then been kicked back to main menu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

yep had it earlier.
    I quit the game completely and closed it out on console and it worked fine after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Crafted the ICON SBC & got mid Rio which on paper is great if I didn't already have his baby. I wish you could trade untradeable cards with friends. :rolleyes:

Lamposts wrote: »
    Crafted the ICON SBC & got mid Rio which on paper is great if I didn't already have his baby. I wish you could trade untradeable cards with friends. :rolleyes:

that was actually a feature for the first few years...you could make an offer on a player such as say CR7, I'll swap you this IF card plus 200k for it etc and it was either accepted or rejected.
    Of course EA got greedy and dropped it.

Top 200 , 5 red picks from 5 cards and 84 is the best he gets.
    Its horrendous.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

gotthebug wrote: »
    Any1 else habing trouble getting into a game get to see other players squad and then been kicked back to main menu
    Blazer wrote: »
    yep had it earlier.
    I quit the game completely and closed it out on console and it worked fine after that.

Fired up fifa to play a few games on lunch there and got the same issue, I hadn't played a game since last night so it can't be the playing too many games in the hour thing.

Tried both PS4 and PS5 version of the game, same thing keeps happening, have closed the game and restart the PS5 on both games.

I've tried various game modes and it happens every time.

• Advertisement

i might have gotten lucky then..at least I think I played a game.....actually no...it came up with the same error again and I switched to dayz...sorry... usual ea ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

Looks like no rivals for me this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,276 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

I have 300k coins left folks, basically i have trying shoehorn Bergwijn, Suarez and Lainez into the same team, this is it!

i need frenkie for the chems for Bergwijn i think.

Capturelal.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Anyone able to play a match? Saying match entry has been temporarily disabled?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

RedRochey wrote: »
    Anyone able to play a match? Saying match entry has been temporarily disabled?

It’s down for everyone whilst they investigate connectivity issues. Can’t even play Squad Battles and only mode that worked that I tried was Volta.

Of course EA will still allow you to buy FIFA points so you can open packs to wile away the hours with the expectation of packing nothing of any value :)

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Ronan

Boulders8 wrote: »
    It’s down for everyone whilst they investigate connectivity issues. Can’t even play Squad Battles and only mode that worked that I tried was Volta.

Of course EA will still allow you to buy FIFA points so you can open packs to wile away the hours with the expectation of packing nothing of any value :)

Ha! Not points, but I was bored so threw some crappy EPL fodder into the Utd v Chelsea Matchup and got tradable VVD! Maybe they are being nice!

Lamposts wrote: »

When you say crafted do you mean you did it very cheaply? Like you know the way you'd hear about you tubers crafting icon sbcs for free

So I finally had a few days off work this week and I'm thinking to myself this is great I'll get Div Rivals games done today and then I can spread out my WL games for once. But first I'll spend some time putting a La Liga Squad together and do some of the Icon swaps. So I finished putting my team together and try to actually play a game... :o:mad:

Thanks EA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Similar to the IF Bamford shout, SIF 84 Keane is going for 25k and his 82 IF going for 26k. Easy pickup, especially given an 83 IF Stones is 36k. High ceiling on SIF Keane... just be careful not to buy the 82 accidentally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Parawind wrote: »
    So I finally had a few days off work this week and I'm thinking to myself this is great I'll get Div Rivals games done today and then I can spread out my WL games for once. But first I'll spend some time putting a La Liga Squad together and do some of the Icon swaps. So I finished putting my team together and try to actually play a game... :o:mad:

Thanks EA.

I cant even get into xbox live, seems they have a problem to, of all the nights this could happen when i just know iv'e got tradeable Pele waiting in my rewards

Parawind wrote: »

Thanks EA.

Who have you got in the la liga team para ?

Similar to the IF Bamford shout, SIF 84 Keane is going for 25k and his 82 IF going for 26k. Easy pickup, especially given an 83 IF Stones is 36k. High ceiling on SIF Keane... just be careful not to buy the 82 accidentally.

Yeah I've bought a load of Keanes, Hallers & Mavididis. Haller might be a bit riskier but hes going for 23k and is an 84 French IF, Dutch league is the only issue.

Cyrus wrote: »
    Who have you got in the la liga team para ?

Its nothing particularly special, I just used a bunch of my untradeable cards, I always try to do these on the cheap because I expect to get nothing from the Icon swaps. At least that way I don't feel I have wasted any coins. Varane and Courtois are from my main team, but everyone else is untradeable.

18fDb5v.jpg

Reading rumours that Papu Gomez is the first leaked What If player. It seems that he gets an upgrade if Sevilla score 6+ goals in their next 5 games rather then he having to score 6 himself.

Really hoping this is true as his TOTGS was so much fun to use. I have been looking at testing out a more agile CAM in my current team and seeing how it plays. It means I'll shift Rooney to the bench since he is only running 8 Chem now and I'd be able to run Gomez on 10 chem.

PS: Don't tell me this wasn't a fix. ;D

n6AMcRe.png

So took the untradeable rewards and happy enough with what i got, as i run a la liga team, i got TOTW Vazquez, base David Silva, base Eden Hazard, and base Sergi Roberto, only problem is i have Hazard, Cucurello and Lainez now and what formation to fit Isak and Torres in together

• Advertisement

So took the untradeable rewards and happy enough with what i got, as i run a la liga team, i got TOTW Vazquez, base David Silva, base Eden Hazard, and base Sergi Roberto, only problem is i have Hazard, Cucurello and Lainez now and what formation to fit Isak and Torres in together

i have bergwijn FS and Lainez, to get them in the same team i used a 3421 (you can see it a few posts up) might help for chem at least?

That Lainez card is very very good imo

just realised you need two up top unless you convert a striker to a cam and play in midfield for starting formation.

i have bergwijn FS and Lainez, to get them in the same team i used a 3421 (you can see it a few posts up) might help for chem at least?

That Lainez card is very very good imo

just realised you need two up top unless you convert a striker to a cam and play in midfield for starting formation.

Cheers cyrus, might give that a try, will have to get rid of a couple of players i think, i have 85+ players for nearly every position.

GK Lunin, RB. 86 Klaiber, 85 Vazquez, CB. Varane, Lenglet, Ramos, Stones, Senesi, LB. Sinkgraven, Estepuinen, CM/CAM Casemiro, Modric, Suarez, Kroos, Silva, De Jong, Wijnaldum, RW/RM Van Bergen, Portu, CF/ST Torres, Isaki, Reinier, LW/LM Hazard, Cucurello, Lainez

I love Van Bergen, great WF, and scores nearly every game he plays for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Decided to skip Rooney, did the mid/prime icon, got mid Giggs. All my strong players are LMs. Dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Finally got my Twitch pack although I had to claim it again. With the new promo dropping at 6pm can’t wait to open it then and get sweet FA :)-

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Ronan

Decided last minute to rinse my club of anybody not in my starting squad to do the icon SCB. Prime Cantona Got lucky!! Especially as a Utd fan.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Ronan wrote: »
    Decided last minute to rinse my club of anybody not in my starting squad to do the icon SCB. Prime Cantona Got lucky!! Especially as a Utd fan.

You wont be disappointed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Loads of changes to my team for this weekend as per usual. Going full 532 rat. Kante and all. I'll barely have time to get the 14 wins done this weekend. Only really have time on Sunday. Lewa is a pain in the hoop for chem, especially when trying to wedge CR7 and Neymar in.

image.png

In game
    image.png

Anyone used TOTY Bruno? For 4m coins I'm slightly underwhelmed although it's only been 3 or 4 games. Maybe I'm trying to do too much with him. Playing him CAM with engine Chem style

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Anyone used TOTY Bruno? For 4m coins I'm slightly underwhelmed although it's only been 3 or 4 games. Maybe I'm trying to do too much with him. Playing him CAM with engine Chem style

Had him and thought he was really good, but he doesn't justify the price. I found Jones to be just as effective. I have yet to play with a player in that price range who really feels worth the coins. I think Icons are the only things that justify it since they come with chemistry advantages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

This What If Promo has to be the laziest promo ever.

No repositioning to make it interesting, just another type of OTW, Headliners card.

However Raphinha will have to be done as almost certain to get the upgrade looking at the next 5 Leeds matches. They could get 6 in each game the way they play, and still lose them all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Did Raphinha too.

I had enough fodder in my club for an icon pack or was keeping it for an SBC I wanted to do.

RM/RW is the main position I need to improve on in my team so whilst the cost of this SBC is madness, I would rather get a guaranteed upgrade to my team as opposed to taking a punt on an icon pack and ending up with someone unusable.

The 3 star weak foot doesn't bother me too much as he's left footed and I usually cut inside with my wingers.

As mentioned above, Raphinha should get the upgrade too. I guess the high price is probably with that in mind so fingers crossed he gets it!

To any of ye lads who tried Isak out, what do ye think, for me, he is insane, 35 goals in 24 matches, i stuck Architect on him to improve his jumping up to 88 and strength up to 98 and he is just unstoppable

To any of ye lads who tried Isak out, what do ye think, for me, he is insane, 35 goals in 24 matches, i stuck Architect on him to improve his jumping up to 88 and strength up to 98 and he is just unstoppable

Yep agree he is a best and a relative bargain

I’d say the same about estupian and lainez, cheap and over powered .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Packed Odegaard, not sure what to make of him, worth 600k but untradable unfortunately, they're next 5 games are tough enough as well

Got Prime Figo from one of my MM packs.
    Worth a mil.
    My options are either upgrade to prime Puskas with Felix beside him or drop Felix for HL Ben Yedder?

• Advertisement

That Benedetto is a good objective player. 5 star weak foot and good in the air

Yep agree he is a best and a relative bargain

Yeah Im back playing 433 now, he's on 7 chem because Van Bergen is RW but it doesnt matter, still scoring loads of goals, and even when i switch in game to 532 with Van Bergen up front with him, they work better together then Isak does with Torres, this game never fails to surprise

When is the second batch of icon swaps objectives?

Mar 9th i think.
    Must get a move on. I haven’t even started them yet.
    Think I’ll go for the moments one.

Ya I'm caught between prime/moments or prime and 83x25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Every game is the same for me now. Camped on the opponents box with his entire team behind the ball. 65-70% possession, 10+ shots on target. Then for them, it's 3 shots, 3 goals or 2 shots, 2 goals. A lot of the time it's from glitching through tackles. My goalkeeper has literally not made a save in 4 weekend league games in a row.

Very close to deleting the game - it's no longer enjoyable. I was in a great mood before I started playing but 8 games in and it's just not fun. Don't mind losing to good players, but losing to sh*tters who score 100% of the attacks they have makes the game totally pointless. There was one lad who beat me earlier and was just ridiculously good - he felt like he was at 2300 SR or so, and all I could say was GG, fair play and good luck.

However the gameplay feels like it's 95% down to whoever can be more defensive as counter attacking is too easy. Eventually the brainless through balls connect or a player glitches through a tackle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Blazer wrote: »
    Mar 9th i think.
    Must get a move on. I haven’t even started them yet.
    Think I’ll go for the moments one.

Jesus, that soon?! I still have all the squad battles to do. ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

First set of Nine expire on Friday March 26th so I’d expect the second set of nine that day as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

They added a new puzzle sbc at 6am, I’m guessing the sbc scheduler guy forgot to change that to pm :D

Hope that’s not all they had planned though!

• Advertisement

Bought in mid Dalglish to try him out at CAM behind Puskas.
    I’m waiting for Puskas’s moments card to drop down another bit.
    Apart from maybe getting Garrincha’s high tier card and maybe Neymar/Ronaldinho on the left wing I don’t think there’s much to improve elsewhere.
    29-CFB8-DC-8146-4312-846-A-D7-D9-D82-AC7-EF.png

Advertisement