Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Hogey007 wrote: »
    They added a new puzzle sbc at 6am, I’m guessing the sbc scheduler guy forgot to change that to pm :D

Hope that’s not all they had planned though!

I was so excited to read this when I woke up, lol, helped me get over the disappointment of my first pack opening of the What If promo - one Mega pack - 82 Neves base the best.

Last 45 packs opened - one 87 then nothing better than 83’s! EA really screwing me with pack weight!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Did the 25 x 83+ and just ended up with a lot of fodder, 89 Aguero the highest. Might just do all of those packs as at least at the end of it i'll have the cards to do whatever SBC I want, rather than chancing icon packs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

AdamD wrote: »
    Did the 25 x 83+ and just ended up with a lot of fodder, 89 Aguero the highest. Might just do all of those packs as at least at the end of it i'll have the cards to do whatever SBC I want, rather than chancing icon packs.

I was planning similar. well 2 of them plus mid/prime, but them moments icons look soooo good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Lost my first 2 WL games for the first time ever. Usually lose 1 of my first 10 games. Gonna be a long weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

dmigsy wrote: »
    Lost my first 2 WL games for the first time ever. Usually lose 1 of my first 10 games. Gonna be a long weekend.

I had my best start ever went 8 wins and 1 loss, had 7 loss in a row this morning playing against pele and gulit and cruyff every game. Just walked away.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Hit 14-9, thinking I was going to walk to 17.

Nope, back down to 14-12. Literally doesn't matter what team I field, always 14 wins. :P

Red Ronnie is incredible. Easily dominating games.

Have to be honest though, TOTY Messi is disappointing me. Don't get me wrong, he's great. But I'm comparing him to Mid Puskas and Mid Eto'o, both 2m to Messi's 4m. And while I don't expect Messi to score double either of the other two, he's basically just on par with them in goals and assists. (If I'm honest, Ronaldo probably the same, but he was technically free while Messi wasn't, so I expect more from Messi).

Can't see me keeping Messi beyond this weekend, and looking to change formation to shift the 4m into other areas.

jayo26 wrote: »
    I had my best start ever went 8 wins and 1 loss, had 7 loss in a row this morning playing against pele and gulit and cruyff every game. Just walked away.

Walking away from losing is defo the best approach. Come back to it fresh. I try to play in 3 game batches but end a session once I lose a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Came up against a team with TOTW Neymar, 93 Ronaldo, Mbappe, Gullit, Veira, Maldini, Zambrotta. How much are these people dropping on FIFA points? Ridiculous when you consider the game is finished in September.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Came up against a team with TOTW Neymar, 93 Ronaldo, Mbappe, Gullit, Veira, Maldini, Zambrotta. How much are these people dropping on FIFA points? Ridiculous when you consider the game is finished in September.

Errrrmmmm, it's only February at the moment. Have You seen some of the teams posted in this thread? Some awesome teams with little to no FP involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Mbabu has already gotten his upgrade.. they kept a clean sheet in their game today :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Got what if pererya in a pack ,good stats but stiff on the ball I found.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Really impressed with What If Raphinha.

I'd been playing Moura there for much of the game so far but Raphinha is an absolutely massive upgrade.

Also very impressed with Curtis Jones. I play him as a B2B alongside Kante in a 4-2-3-1 and he's completely eclipsed TOTGS Bruno who I previously had in that position.

I know Bruno is probably wasted as a B2B but he's one of those players who I just can't get away with even as a pure CAM. He never seems to justify his price or stats, for me anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Of course now that they put mbappe in motm cards they had to change the time to a premium time of 6pm rather than usual midnight Friday.

Completely shafting bruno headliner owners too

https://twitter.com/easportsfifa/status/1365723515840851971?s=21

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I know someone on here was saying they weren’t impressed with Toty Messi but holy crap he’s absolutely amazing.
    I’m short a mill for him otherwise I’d drop Puskas for him.
    I was playing on friendlies so servers was good and I guarantee no scripting and he was just incredible.
    Never seen a card play that well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I've thought recently that I seem to hit the post a crazy amount, but then I was thinking it might just be one of those "the game feels against me" things that's not real and just frustration from losses. Decided to keep count and I've hit it nine times and my opponents have hit it once. You just don't get rewarded for attacking.

I've gone full rat mode with 5-2-1-2 every game now and won all of them.
    BrentMused wrote: »
    Really impressed with What If Raphinha.

Interesting. He is so overpriced, but I am playing red Raphinha at LWB. I can only imagine that an 89 Raphinha would be brilliant in that role.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Hit 14-9, thinking I was going to walk to 17.

Nope, back down to 14-12. Literally doesn't matter what team I field, always 14 wins. :P

Never mind! I went behind in all four games, and needed penalties for two of them. But 17 achieved!

Bruno played a blinder for me this week too. Exact same position and instructions as last week, but last week he scored <5 goals and got 16 assists. This week, 17 goals and 14 assists.

1cigiJr.jpg?1
    Blazer wrote: »
    I know someone on here was saying they weren’t impressed with Toty Messi but holy crap he’s absolutely amazing.
    I’m short a mill for him otherwise I’d drop Puskas for him.
    I was playing on friendlies so servers was good and I guarantee no scripting and he was just incredible.
    Never seen a card play that well.

Could be a mix of playstyle and the fact I was playing him as a striker.

But he ended up on 23 goals, 15 assists.

Last weekend, Mid Puskas was 32/16, and Mid Eto'o was 28/16.

Like, Messi is amazing. He absolutely scored some ridiculous screamers, won balls he shouldn't have. But purely on stats, Puskas and Eto'o contributed more goals and assists for me last week, despite being half his price. Given he was 4m, I'd need to have seen more contributions to make me think I wasn't better off going back to Puskas & put 2m into my team elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 723 ✭✭✭soap1978

I have 5 games left in fut,need 2 wins for gold 3,I am hoping for a miracle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,276 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

soap1978 wrote: »
    I have 5 games left in fut,need 2 wins for gold 3,I am hoping for a miracle

Play Sunday evening

Even i can get a win Sunday evening!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 723 ✭✭✭soap1978

Cyrus wrote: »
    Play Sunday evening

Even i can get a win Sunday evening!!

Got it with last game,up 3 0 20 mins gone and he quit,not playing it for another couple of weeks,not much enjoyment in it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Honestly this game is far too influenced by server stability. I have come to realisation that when the gameplay is poor all you can do is play team pressing and spam through balls and hope you glitch through a defender.

I added Gomez to my team in place of Rooney and I have been tearing Div1 teams apart, beating teams 2300+. Finished my Rivals games with my highest ever points tally of 17000+ and I'm up to 2150 Skill rating. But even the games that I lost I was enjoying because Gomez is such a fun card to use.

So I say to myself (foolishly) the servers have been pretty decent today, so I'll get started on my WL games. I go 4-3 in my first 7 games, losing matches 6 and 7 to really low standard of players. Literally none of my players are responding and my opponents players feel like they unbeatable.

I decide to play 1 more since I lost my first 2 matches after placement I'll have to be playing someone poor standard as my ELO should be 1. I got matched with a budget gold team that you would have played in the first week on FIFA 21, game finished 3-3 after 90mins before I fluked 2 goals at the start of extra time.

This really hurts my brain when I sit down to think about it. How can I go from beating players when my ELO was 12/13 last weekend in good gameplay, to being held to draw against a player when my ELO is 1. (Now admitted there is always the chance that this was his placement match, though unlikely that was the case in my last 3 games)

I'll go back online later once the servers have settled down, but this is first time I have really sat down to think about just how dramatic an influence the bad gameplay has. There is no way that your skill would be able to swing that much just because of the games lag compensation, its mental.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Thinking now might be a good time to open the Swaps packs with IF Ronaldo, Rashford, MOTM Mbappe and What Ifs in packs. (Not sure if you can get icons stupid if not). So might have to grind the swaps before TOTW Weds and open my 83x25 and 82x25

Only thing is there's no SBCs to put in Dups

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

iIq0MWn.png

This is my fourth loss this weekend in exactly this way, just a little less possession than normal in this one. His first shot was in the 90th minute. Feels like it's the best I've played and instead of 14-1, I'm like 10-5 (ELO aside). I keep leaving lads hanging around in games to pox a win :(

Can anyone recommend a keeper? Ter Stegen now has zero saves in match facts at the end, in more than half my games this weekend.

v3ttel wrote: »
    iIq0MWn.png

This is my fourth loss this weekend in exactly this way, just a little less possession than normal in this one. His first shot was in the 90th minute. Feels like it's the best I've played and instead of 14-1, I'm like 10-5 (ELO aside). I keep leaving lads hanging around in games to pox a win :(

Can anyone recommend a keeper? Ter Stegen now has zero saves in match facts at the end, in more than half my games this weekend.

Ha, in most of my defeats the stats look like that. The game is geared towards sitting deep and counter-attacking. I've no interest in playing like that though. I want to pressure the ball and play attacking possession football. Even that is tedious when the opponent doesn't want to press the ball until it's inside the penalty spot. The only keeper I've used that's made any noticeable difference is Prime Van Der Sar. I sold him to fund getting CR7 back though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

2 games in the icon swap la liga objective this morning, and there has been 5 pens, 1 for, 4 against, iv'e won both games but the pens were for absolutely nothing

Why do i continue to play this rubbish

2 games in the icon swap la liga objective this morning, and there has been 5 pens, 1 for, 4 against, iv'e won both games but the pens were for absolutely nothing

Why do i continue to play this rubbish

I’ve found this myself across all modes of late - even the most innocuous of challenges get penalties given against - usually against VVD in my case!

On the Icon Swaps, I already did the La Liga one when it first came out. Finished the Seria A one last night but took a bit longer than the La Liga one as whilst I was getting the golden goal win when I scored first when I got scored on first, I didn’t get the chance to quit before the other guy was pausing inviting me to quit or getting messages telling me to quit so in those cases I just play on to punish them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

v3ttel wrote: »

I know many will say that keepers don't make a difference and that the elite guys are all the same, but genuinely gold Ederson has been incredible for me and I've tried many.

He has kept me in and won me games I've had no business winning and I've used him for over 400 games so quite a good sample size. He's also really quick off his line so you can catch people out bringing him out as he's really quick to close down a shot/angle and his throws and kicks are very accurate.

I found Ter-Stegen fairly good too though!

Neuer is the worst of the elite keepers by a long way due to his stupid custom animations.

Boulders8 wrote: »
    I’ve found this myself across all modes of late - even the most innocuous of challenges get penalties given against - usually against VVD in my case!

On the Icon Swaps, I already did the La Liga one when it first came out. Finished the Seria A one last night but took a bit longer than the La Liga one as whilst I was getting the golden goal win when I scored first when I got scored on first, I didn’t get the chance to quit before the other guy was pausing inviting me to quit or getting messages telling me to quit so in those cases I just play on to punish them :)

Just completed La Liga, its great when ya get the tip off and score, ha, as for the pens, all the pens my opponent got was where i didnt make a tackle, all fake shots where he turned inside, and ran into my defender

The pens i got was where i shot but the defender had made a slide tackle and my player fell on him or over him

One nation is a different story, 5 games, 5 losses, 5 goals conceded from players running through my players and keeping the ball to leave them 1 v 1 with my keeper

That commentary line in the game off "he failed to learn the script" or something like that, gives me a good chuckle every time i hear it

• Advertisement

That commentary line in the game off "he failed to learn the script" or something like that, gives me a good chuckle every time i hear it

There's one like "and momentum has shifted!" that always makes me laugh. Usually comes when someone has been 2 down but equalized.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

La Liga one was a piece of cake..different story for serie a...RB Lukaku is truly truly awful.

Blazer wrote: »
    La Liga one was a piece of cake..different story for serie a...RB Lukaku is truly truly awful.

Yeah im on to Serie A now, not looking forward to meeting some of the teams im expecting, had to buy some cheap players to fill my squad for it, so this is gonna take me some time i think

Yeah im on to Serie A now, not looking forward to meeting some of the teams im expecting, had to buy some cheap players to fill my squad for it, so this is gonna take me some time i think

Serie A wasn’t too bad to be fair but then again I’m able to field pretty strong teams as for the past couple of years I’ve kept a squad for all the main leagues and about 90% of players in my club are untradeable and 1st owner as I don’t really trade or buy or sell.

Got Lique 1 to do which I’m expecting to be more of a slog given you’d expect to be meeting a lot of Neymars, Mbappe’s and Ben Yedders.

At least with the One Nation Italian and Spanish ones, golden goal will come into play as only win requirement which will save me some time unless of course I get the annoying pausers trying to make you quit in which case say play on even if I’m being completely battered

Serie A wasn’t too bad to be fair but then again I’m able to field pretty strong teams as for the past couple of years I’ve kept a squad for all the main leagues

How do you keep your players through the years? Got my 6 serie a wins, easier then i taught

How do you keep your players through the years? Got my 6 serie a wins, easier then i taught

I didn’t mean I’ve been able to keep players through the years if that’s what you thought I was saying - life would be a lot easier if that was the case though :)-

What I meant was that each FIFA I set out to create a squad from each of the big 5 leagues - keeps me interested in using different players/teams and as I rarely buy players the majority of my players are from pack luck, objectives or SBCs which obviously helps with 1st owner objectives

• Advertisement

Not sure i want to bother doing much more icon swaps, my team is fairly set without an icon, think i'll just take the 82+×25

Edit: took it and happy enough, packed Griezmann, Koke, Muniain, Marcelo, Acuna, and Paulista for my la liga squad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Hoping (foolishly) that with the only 3 available icon sbc’s expiring tomorrow they’re waiting for them to go to revamp the icon tab a little with several icon sbc’s with no timer’s.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Stopping at 14, couldn’t be arsed going for the 17. Never worth it anyway, I’ll get my 2 red picks and throw them in the club. Same team as last week nothing I want to update the squad.

E80570-F0-7-D78-4-EB9-BE96-FF7-B3-B137854.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

50k pack...
    Black and blue confetti..... Woo Hoo
    French.... Holy ****
    Chelsea.....KANTE!!!
    Giroud MOTM.....
    Epic trolling by EA in fairness

The 81+ Player Pick is back - terrible for me the last time round, probably shouldn’t touch it but I know I’m going to do a load anyway! Pray for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Easiest 90k I'll ever make :D was using them in my silver team but didn't realize they were insta selling for 30k

Left it at 14-6 for the weekend. After losing the first 2, I won the next 8. Didn't play great at all though. Gave away a ridiculous number of goals with square passes across my defence. Abandoned the 532 and Kante early on. Doesn't suit me. Went to a 4222 with 7 depth and Press on possession loss. CR7 and Lewa up front are a brilliant pairing. Dybala and Kimmich are only starting to get CR7 and Lewa both on full chem. Subbing Jones/ Rooney on for Kimmich in min 1.

I only brought him in for chem but Moments Dybala is nearly worth his place in the team for the quality of his lofted crosses from short corners alone. Pretty sure I scored from a short corner -> lofted cross to the back post in every game. Upamecano, CR7, Lewandowski and Varane all getting on the end of them.

Reckon I'll stick with this team for next weekend too.

image.png

• Moderators Posts: 8,725 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Finished up at 14-1 - played some enjoyable stuff for a change and the only lad who bet me was a wizard with a gold team. Went back on PS4, gameplay way smoother and matchmaking not as nuts either - will keep doing that.

Did the 5 x 85+ pack as well because I'm an addict and got Mbabu - happy days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

What If Smalling from the 82-88 SBC!

If he get the +2 great stuff.

Untradeable but even still.

What If Smalling from the 82-88 SBC!

If he get the +2 great stuff.

Untradeable but even still.

Any Promo card pull is a win in my book seeing as I’ve not had one single one yet across all the Promos.

Just about to open the 82-88 and 81 player pick - fully expecting an 82 and an 81, most likely duplicates

Edit: a choice of 3 82’s from the 81+ Player Pick and 84 Isco from the 82-88.

Also opened up the Prime Gaming Pack - an 81 TOTW and from the choice of 4 81 Player Pick highest rated was an 83 - why do I bother??

The 81+ Player Pick is back - terrible for me the last time round, probably shouldn’t touch it but I know I’m going to do a load anyway! Pray for me

Sigh, time to rinse the club again, I guess....

So i decided to play RW Van Bergen on 4 chem as a RWB, needless to say after 5 games, 8 goals and 6 assists later, he will be staying at RWB

Firminho and Henderson in two of my first five attempts at the SBC. No, EA, I will not make a Liverpool team.

I’ve also packed Mane, Salah, Allison and VVD from these too. Probably enough to do a full untradable Liverpool team now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Screenshot-20210228-232659-FUT-Track.jpg
    Feeks like one of my worst weekend leagues but had loads of fun, couldn't defend for sh1te but couldn't stop scoring either. Once i got out of a couple bad runs was ok.

50 goals from Fatti is my best return from any player in weekend league

Just had nearly one of those rage inducing games, my opponent has a 91ovr team, ok i say, keep doing what im doing all evening, 2 down after 10mins, then i hit the post not once, not twice but 5 times in the space of 7 shots, he pauses the game and sends me a message, "not your night mate lol"

2nd half starts, i go 4-1-3-2, Isak scores, Torres scores, Griezmann scores, hes panicing now, Prime Gullitt is on, he's using full on press, but i work round it, Torres is in, he shoots, he hits the post for the 6th time, Isak picks the ball up 25 yards out on his left foot, finesse shot, boom its off the under side of the bar and in, its 4-2 with 10 to go, i have him now, everyone is going forward, hes in, he shoots, he hits the post, hahaha i say, but wait, ball has ricochet to De Jong who puts a long through ball to Van Bergen and hes clean through, he makes it 5-2, and the screen goes still, my opponent is gone, he has left, so i just send a little message, not your night mate

• Advertisement
Advertisement