Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Probably my last weekend - at least for a while, just didn't enjoy it at all. Second worst record I've had all year. 15 post hits for me vs 1 for the people I played sums it up nicely.

I noticed a lot of people that have savage records every single week are struggling this weekend too which is kind of strange. A couple of pros posted screenshots like the one I did earlier which I haven't ever noticed them doing it before. Just kind of assumed they were always good enough to overcome the BS but it feels off the charts this weekend.

The gameplay is just too unrewarding to justify the time spent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Fought through the poor gameplay to grind out 17 wins.

Every player felt like bambi on ice and seemed to completely disregard player instructions even in the games that I won. Despite RTTF Varane getting his upgrade I conceded more basic goals then ever before where average paced players were able to outpace my defenders who all felt so sluggish.

Gomez was great in good gameplay but in poor gameplay he is just like everyone else he just can't dribble and when that happens his lack of physical presence gets exposed. I felt like Rooney would get more BS goals simply due to his strength and aggression.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Forgot to mention last night my right winger who was Robben/Rashford kept dropping back into center midfield turning my midfield imto a midfield 3, anyone else have this? It was only on my starting formation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

jayo26 wrote: »
    Forgot to mention last night my right winger who was Robben/Rashford kept dropping back into center midfield turning my midfield imto a midfield 3, anyone else have this? It was only on my starting formation.

Sometimes this happens if your CMs are set to cover wing, the winger then moves inside on defense. Its awful

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

FIFA is such a strange game.

Last week during the week I couldn't buy a win. Went from division 3 down to a skill rating of around 1200 and and one defeat away from relegation to division 5.

Played at the weekend and almost couldn't lose. Ederson pulling off ridiculous saves, breaking balls bouncing in my favour 90% of the time, and I went on such a good run that I'm back up to division 3 now!

I know a lot of better players just play Weekend League at the weekend so the standard was probably well down, but my tactics and play style hasn't changed at all. The only difference was I had What If Raphinha and although he's good, he's not good enough to completely transform my results!

Yet I'll play tonight and probably won't be able to buy a win again. What a weird game! :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Holy **** Jayo, I thought 30 goals was a good return for a weekend from a striker. 50 is insane :P

The current Icon SBC's expire today so hopefully we will get a few more, although I wouldn't be surprised if it takes them a while to put them up :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Recently bought Fifa after taking a few years off. Did a few league SBC's yesterday morning, was lucky to pack tradable What If Kante, my best ever pull from a pack.

I can see at the moment their are only 3 Icon SBC's going that will run out today, should we see new ones this evening?

Recently bought Fifa after taking a few years off. Did a few league SBC's yesterday morning, was lucky to pack tradable What If Kante, my best ever pull from a pack.

I can see at the moment their are only 3 Icon SBC's going that will run out today, should we see new ones this evening?

Honest answer is we don't know.

They made a big song and dance about bringing them back, did two batches of three, and went radio silent. The first two batches overlapped each other for a bit, but there's been zero discussion on EA's end as to when or if the next batch will come out.

Really want it to come out soon though. I've so much fodder....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Honest answer is we don't know.

They made a big song and dance about bringing them back, did two batches of three, and went radio silent. The first two batches overlapped each other for a bit, but there's been zero discussion on EA's end as to when or if the next batch will come out.

Really want it to come out soon though. I've so much fodder....

Cheers, im in the same boat, have loads of untradeable players that I want to use

Holy **** Jayo, I thought 30 goals was a good return for a weekend from a striker. 50 is insane :P

Yeah but look at my defence hahaha, Every game was gung-ho. Fati is exceptional if you play on the fast break he gets past defenders ive never seen another player beat and there is no catching him then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Did the 85+ SBC hoping to get Mbappe.....

Mbappppppppeeeeee!!!!!!!!
    And some other pretty sweet cards.

85.jpg

Holy **** I just packed my first ever icon from a non icon pack bloody moments matthaus. Amazing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Holy **** I just packed my first ever icon from a non icon pack bloody moments matthaus. Amazing

I'm not saying I'm jealous but... no screw it, I'm really jealous. That's a sick card, congrats.

Ok 21 of the 81 player picks here goes.

84 Guerreiro
    84 Digne
    83 Nelson Semedo
    89 Courtois
    81 Alfonso Davies
    83 Jao Cancelo
    90 *Handanovic Inform*
    83 Dzeko
    83 Zapata
    83 Zaha
    84 Martial
    82 Maguire
    83 kovacic
    87 Bruno Fernandes
    82 Maguire
    81 Dembele
    85 Thiago Silva
    82 Reguilon
    86 pique
    86 Pogba
    88 Hazard

Happy enough with that to be fair some decent cards that might help do the first owner objectives for icon swaps.

Will do the 85 sbc later too,

• Advertisement

Wow, that's an amazing pull. Congrats man!

What pack did you get him from?

I've never packed an icon from a non-icon pack in all my years playing the game and probably tens of thousands of pack openings in that time!

BrentMused wrote: »
    Wow, that's an amazing pull. Congrats man!

What pack did you get him from?

I've never packed an icon from a non-icon pack in all my years playing the game and probably tens of thousands of pack openings in that time!

Rare mega pack for silver beasts.

Honestly I got a bit fed up not getting anything from wl again and again I think they knew

Also I opened the pack on ps5 I'm not sure if that makes a difference but I think pack luck is better there

all of his cards are amazing...damn nice one dude.:D

Plus that's a 6.5 mill card on Playstation..very very nice.

So is Aouar still a runner nowadays?
    I don't find Mbappe clinical enough compared to Ben Yedder /Puskas but he is going to fix my LW/LAM issue.
    Now I could run as it is, or sell Puskas (3 million) , could replace him with the baby card and spend that other 1.4 million on another CAM?
    Or buy HL Ben Yedder / Cantona / Ronaldinho for CAM and mid Puskas for striker --- this one just came to me...hmm this could easily be a frontrunner I think???

Capture.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

What If Smalling from the 82-88 SBC!

If he get the +2 great stuff.

Untradeable but even still.

Got him too, which makes up for selling VVD to fund the icon pack and getting mid giggs :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Just done the 85+ SBC, here we go

What IF Pereyra, Oblak, Alisson, Icardi and Kyle Walker

Oblak im delighted to get, upgrade on Lunin, the others dont fit my team really

Loving Mbappe at LAM and CAM.
    Strange thing is at the start of the game he really felt like a ST for the first time in years but since the game has been patched to be more like Fifa 20 I found him nowhere as good and he’s back to feeling better at the LAM/RAM position.
    Prime Puskas has taken about a 200k drop which I expected as I paid over about 100k more for an unused card so I’m very reluctant to part with it.
    Aouar is not really cutting it at CAM but I can just switch him in for CR7 later on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

That mid or prime icon player pick is surely a reason for me to get rid of all my fodder. Should be good!

Icon tab gone :(

New SBC for a player pick that is one of three mid or prime icons. May as well do it to burn some fodder, but it yet more of the lottery stuff.

Just done the 85+ SBC, here we go

What IF Pereyra, Oblak, Alisson, Icardi and Kyle Walker

Oblak im delighted to get, upgrade on Lunin, the others dont fit my team really

I got Di Maria and the rest 85s :o

New SBC for a player pick that is one of three mid or prime icons. May as well do it to burn some fodder, but it yet more of the lottery stuff.

Can’t wait for the YouTube videos.
    I love those.

stephenl15 wrote: »
    That mid or prime icon player pick is surely a reason for me to get rid of all my fodder. Should be good!

Mid Essien, Mid Gerrard, Prime Torres.

Took Torres

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Hopeful it’s just gone for them to re-add it Thursday or so with some icons without time limits.

They’ll let people use up their fodder on that 5 x 85+ and then the 1 million for the mid or prime icon pick.

Then they’ll re-add it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Got a choice of:
    91 Hierro
    88 Fernando Torres
    92 Del Piero

an L for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Mid Essien, Mid Gerrard, Prime Torres.

Took Torres

Dream pick for me if I were to do it... have the mid Torres and he’s insane. Want the headband Torres eventually.

Dream pick for me if I were to do it... have the mid Torres and he’s insane. Want the headband Torres eventually.

Yeah he looks immense :D only thing is I've to uproot my team to fit him in and go to a 2 striker formation. He's probably too good for the bench and have 93 Ronaldo up top.

Anyone know if 41212 wide is a decent formation?

A million coins for that icon player pick SBC, FFS :rolleyes:

Watched a few on YouTube there and and they haven't looked good at all thus far.

Litmanen, Hierro and Gerrard in Matt's.

Another bloke got Veron, Laudrup and Rivaldo.

Laudrup, Wright and Giggs in another I've just watched.

Hold your fodder for a few days lads when they'll eventually release new Icon SBC's when everyone has put their fodder into this.

I was excited to see it and then I see a guy getting mid Dalglish which is a great card and calling it a L.
    Basically you need Pele, Puskas, Ronaldinho, Cantona, Eusebio, mid R9+, mid Gullit + or Cruyff to actually get a win.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Has anyone used Future Stars Antony? His stats look excellent and he gives a strong link to Klaiber. Going for around 475k now.

Managed to do the Mid/Prime with fodder and buying 1 Courtois, stripped the club down to pretty much my starting XI and spare icons. Prime Deco, Mid Stoichkov and Prime Rio as my picks, Prime Rio step on down :o

Guess I'm running 3ATBs now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Has anyone used Future Stars Antony? His stats look excellent and he gives a strong link to Klaiber. Going for around 475k now.

Have him untradable. He's really good, only let down by 3* wf. He'd be playing if my whole team wasn't built around getting full chem for CR7 & Lewa.

• Moderators Posts: 8,725 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Did the Icon player pick - choice between Prime Van Der Sar, Prime Bergkamp or Mid Figo. I very much regret my decision. Took VDS, wouldn't use the other two.

Ok so 17 more 81 player picks to see of i can get some fodder to do icon pick.

83 Dembele
    84 Gueye
    83 Matuidi
    82 Thauvin
    90 Ter Stegen
    88 Kimmich
    82 Ginter
    85 Werner
    81 Felipe Anderson
    82 Neto
    91 Oblak
    83 Sabitzer
    83 Trippier
    85 Ricardo Pereira
    84 Ndidi
    82 Gosens
    82 Kramaric

Not too bad

• Advertisement

x PyRo wrote: »
    Did the Icon player pick - choice between Prime Van Der Sar, Prime Bergkamp or Mid Figo. I very much regret my decision. Took VDS, wouldn't use the other two.

At least with VDS you’ll use him for the rest of the year. The others not a chance.

That icon pp is now coming in near 1.2 mil. It’s very clever because we’re all suckers for the “maybe I could get prime Gullit” possibility but in reality, most people will get players there’s not a hope they’d pay 1.2 mil for if they knew who it was before completing it.

We’re def going to get a really good icon sbc on Thursday/Friday though, if they do a mediocre one people won’t mind letting it pass but right after they’ve rinsed everyone’s clubs it’ll come

Hogey007 wrote: »
    That icon pp is now coming in near 1.2 mil. It’s very clever because we’re all suckers for the “maybe I could get prime Gullit” possibility but in reality, most people will get players there’s not a hope they’d pay 1.2 mil for if they knew who it was before completing it.

We’re def going to get a really good icon sbc on Thursday/Friday though, if they do a mediocre one people won’t mind letting it pass but right after they’ve rinsed everyone’s clubs it’ll come

22nd March for fifa 18 this is what we got.

1st March for fifa 21 and people are paying 1.2million for a shot in the dark!

Remember when we all thought fut economist was going to save the game, not saying he’s directly responsible but they really know how to manipulate the market and sbc’s since he joined

https://twitter.com/easportsfifa/status/976881215176347651?s=21

Picked up What If Pereyra for 100k. Some card for that price and gives a strong link to Dybala.

Did the 82 and 83 x 25 swaps packs. Absolutely sick, couldn't have went much worse. 83 pack got IF Haller and a couple of 87s

82 pack got Dup untradeable Promo Pereyra and the highest rated after that was 84.

Waste of 8 tokens.

Did the 82 and 83 x 25 swaps packs. Absolutely sick, couldn't have went much worse. 83 pack got IF Haller and a couple of 87s

82 pack got Dup untradeable Promo Pereyra and the highest rated after that was 84.

Waste of 8 tokens.

I did the 81 and 82 and was laughing at how bad they were. Regret not doing Deco but what can you do. How are you gonna spend the rest of the tokens?

• Advertisement

I did the 81 and 82 and was laughing at how bad they were. Regret not doing Deco but what can you do. How are you gonna spend the rest of the tokens?

Mid or prime icon for 10, fingers crossed.

I was sucked in by the cards currently in packs and how good the packs looked last time around

Mid or prime icon for 10, fingers crossed.

I was sucked in by the cards currently in packs and how good the packs looked last time around

Yeah same, thought they'd be decent. Going to have a have a cut at the prime for 12 tokens I'd say. At least we're guaranteed good fooder :D

Ultimately, with a team that I feel can’t massively be improved without a god tier pack pull, and 4m coins in the bank, I don’t mind throwing fodder at the Icon lottery.

I don’t believe they’ll release a god tier icon, even waiting till Friday, at best, they’ll release someone in the 1m bracket, but I’ve zero faith they’d release anything decent. Icon swaps has shown they’ve abandoned any desire to give a top level player anymore. Chances are, whatever they offer will be redundant once the TOTY starts up.

If they do, I’ll have a month to generate fodder again, or put some of the 4m into them. I just don’t believe they will give the player base that. Plus, Ive had Harry Kane and a tone of other 85-88s rotting in my club for months now, waiting for SBCs that never seem to come, passing up boring SBCs in favor of some fab one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Hogey007 wrote: »
    22nd March for fifa 18 this is what we got.

1st March for fifa 21 and people are paying 1.2million for a shot in the dark!

Remember when we all thought fut economist was going to save the game, not saying he’s directly responsible but they really know how to manipulate the market and sbc’s since he joined

https://twitter.com/easportsfifa/status/976881215176347651?s=21

Ah, back when the top tier icons were obtainable. I think it was this FIFA and the FIFA after that I was able to get the likes of Prime Eusebio, R9, Gullit, moments Maldini etc from just playing the game... my best ever squad in FIFA was in 19 when I had all the top tier icon SBCs complete. Good times.

At least getting Mbappe is making me wait it out now for the prime/moments one.

Also I absolutely hate to say it but that Liverpool home kit looks amazing in the game when you’re playing against it.
    I’d love it use it but I just couldn’t.
    And I’m a magpies fan.

• Advertisement
Advertisement