Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

Prime Zanetti
    Mid Barnes

AND ........

Mid Fecking Eusébio

Love You EA !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Bought Ter Stegen a few weeks ago for around 70k to try him out and link to Moments Boateng.

He's going for 115k now because of the Icon SBC and I don't use him anymore so just sold up.

Those high rated keepers would have been some investment!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Anyone do the What If Caputo objective? Didn’t think I could be bothered when it came out as didn’t have many Serie A/Italian Silvers or Bronze.

Cobbled together a squad though and started it late Sunday. Got to this morning needing 1 goal from an Italian and an outside of the box goal. Was 10-0 down just letting the other guy score so I could try long range shots. Other guy starts messing around at the end so I take advantage and popped in the goals I needed. He was off probably celebrating 10 goals but I got what I needed.

Caputo was useful for the One nation Italian swaps objective. Ran through that quickly as everyone bar one did golden goal. The one who didn’t I just rubber banded as he kept pausing trying to force me to quit - very annoying those guys!

In other news the 81+ Player Pick is still spewing out garbage for me - so far picks have been 82, 85, 81 and 82, with the last one being a triple duplicate pick! I’m sure I’ll do some more though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I've finally used those controller settings I posted earlier and they seem to make a big difference especially in defending.
    Using ball relative instead of player relative for the player switching makes a massive difference.
    Just 19 points off Div2 promotion now :)
    Mbappe probably helped a bit :D

Blazer wrote: »
    I've finally used those controller settings I posted earlier and they seem to make a big difference especially in defending.
    Using ball relative instead of player relative for the player switching makes a massive difference.

Would you mind posting these again please mate? Thank you. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I was going to give this a go to see if it makes a difference, my player switching costs me so many goals.

Mr Moon wrote: »
    I was going to give this a go to see if it makes a difference, my player switching costs me so many goals.

Yeah I had won 4 games on the trot and only conceded one goal.
    I then conceded 5 to the next guy who was no way a div3 player. I don’t mind losing or conceding to better players as I long as I drop the bs goals which it seems to do so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Guys who would you pick??
    I already have 89 puskas and love him, i wont use Dalglish i dont think and pilrlo wouldn't do it for me. 20210302-181519.jpg[/url]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

jayo26 wrote: »
    I already have 89 puskas and love him, i wont use Dalglish i dont think and pilrlo wouldn't do it for me. 20210302-181519.jpg[/url]

Puskas all day. Great pull!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

jayo26 wrote: »

Take Puskas! Its a player you already like and then you can sell your baby and get whoever you want...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Great picks there, Daglish is supposed to be very good too.

Did the Leroy Fer SBC today, club is well and truly rinsed after that and the Icon pick. Fer looks a quality link to Klaiber and was only an 84 squad

First Fifa I've played in years and I have to say there's some amount of content

Parawind wrote: »
    Take Puskas! Its a player you already like and then you can sell your baby and get whoever you want...

His baby is untreadable too that was my issue haha but i went with puskas anyway i think his extra passing will make a difference id never use Dalglish id have vomit in my mouth everytime commentator says his name :p

Dalglish is amazing though a bit weak. I used him and himself and Puskas were just tearing apart teams.
    If I already had Puskas baby card I would have taken Dalglish but mid Puskas is incredible as well.
    The +10 to reactions is a big deal.

Honestly not a bit of Pack luck all year. But of course I convinced myself that the player pick was going to be my best chance.

I wasn't expecting to get a great pick but I thought at least someone halfway decent.

I watched a load of the player pick openings and I seriously have never seen a selection this bad.
    1. Prime Wright
    2. Prime Zola
    3. Mid Litmanen

Picked Zola for fodder as the highest rated one of the cards. But 79 Composure for a Prime Icon is a joke.

Zola is a fun card to use though...I loved his prime in fifa 19 and I tried him earlier in the year for fifa21 and he was running rings around opponents.
    But yeah..that was an awful choice really. Your chances of hitting a top tier card are practically zero really.
    For every one person getting a card like Puskas like jayo there are 50 of us getting crap.

Dalglish is amazing though a bit weak. I used him and himself and Puskas were just tearing apart teams.
    If I already had Puskas baby card I would have taken Dalglish but mid Puskas is incredible as well.
    The +10 to reactions is a big deal.

He is going to have to do alot to live up to to his baby card i played him on the wing for about 200 of them games ha.

20210302-215543.jpg

He's even better....I used his baby card for a few weekends and I loved it.
    Went then for his mid and damn it was even better...I used hunter on both.
    Now I'm using his prime and hunter as well lol :D
    Not much better than his mid but there's a few stats that are better.
    I've always used him as striker..he has a stocky body type so he just bullies players off the ball.

I know Puskas is really highly rated on here, but do you lads not find his 3 star weak foot an issue?

I've never used him so can't comment at all, but just surprised to see a 4 star/3 star so highly rated in March especially as I know many on here play at a high level.

:)

• Advertisement

AdamD wrote: »

Did the Leroy Fer SBC today, club is well and truly rinsed after that and the Icon pick. Fer looks a quality link to Klaiber and was only an 84 squad

Have you tried him out yet? Pretty cheap and potential upgrade, could be a good fit for me to upgrade Gravenberch although since Fer became available Gravenberch has stepped up his game - 5 goals and 5 assists in the last 14 Rivals matches, almost like he knows his place is under threat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,276 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

im sure you are all well aware of this and maybe he doesnt work as well at the elite level but for anyone else Messi's std gold card at 270k is a bargain, i bought him a week ago and he is unbelievable, pops up everywhere, passing is amazing and he finishes things that no one else can.

BrentMused wrote: »
    I know Puskas is really highly rated on here, but do you lads not find his 3 star weak foot an issue?

I've never used him so can't comment at all, but just surprised to see a 4 star/3 star so highly rated in March especially as I know many on here play at a high level.

:)

There are a few key factors as to why his 3 star weak foot isn't a big issue but mainly he has the outside of foot trait which helps using his left foot where a right would be more natural but also his shooting stats are so good even if he does have to yse his right its still really good.

When you play with him long enough you get used to the type of shots that work best on different situations. I always find his shots across goal from far out are devestating on any foot,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Cyrus wrote: »
    im sure you are all well aware of this and maybe he doesnt work as well at the elite level but for anyone else Messi's std gold card at 270k is a bargain, i bought him a week ago and he is unbelievable, pops up everywhere, passing is amazing and he finishes things that no one else can.

I nearly have enough coins to get him and he'd fit my squad, but i dont think i'd swap Van Bergen for him, his agility turns defenders inside out and his 5* WF along with his long range shots means not even Messi can replace him

if he gets any cheaper we could be using him as fodder soon enough.
    Who would have thought we've ever consider using Messi as potential fodder.

Just got base Dybala and Lloris from a rare electrum pack, and Lloris from a gold rare pack

Untradeables obviously but can use Lloris on Kroos sbc

• Advertisement

if he gets any cheaper we could be using him as fodder soon enough.
    Who would have thought we've ever consider using Messi as potential fodder.

one mans fodder is another mans saviour :P

im using a full la liga team now with the latin american spanish commentary :D

one mans fodder is another mans saviour :P

He'll make great fodder for the POTM Messi SBC that will probably drop on Friday. If he's not in tonight's TOTW I'd bank on it.

Just got base Dybala and Lloris from a rare electrum pack, and Lloris from a gold rare pack

Untradeables obviously but can use Lloris on Kroos sbc

Lol, everyone has better pack luck than me - opened a couple of the same packs the past couple of days and best I got was an 83 and 81

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

On the topic of fodder, 86+ cards are near max price cos of the icon pick SBC. Could be worth selling up. Ludicrous how much control EA have over the market... just one SBC is all it takes and it goes crazy.

Boulders8 wrote: »
    Lol, everyone has better pack luck than me - opened a couple of the same packs the past couple of days and best I got was an 83 and 81

During the Kroos objective, i got Muller, Bonucci and Godin, they got me over the line for Kroos

• Advertisement

On the topic of fodder, 86+ cards are near max price cos of the icon pick SBC. Could be worth selling up. Ludicrous how much control EA have over the market... just one SBC is all it takes and it goes crazy.

Yeah i sold modric for 55k last night, bought him for 27k about 2 weeks ago, might see what Ramos and Casemiro are worth now

Yeah i sold modric for 55k last night, bought him for 27k about 2 weeks ago, might see what Ramos and Casemiro are worth now

95k for casemiro!

95k for casemiro!

That would be a nice profit, Kroos could now play the defensive midfielder in his place

1st time using Ben Yedder in the ligue 1 icon objective, does he ever miss? Haha, more op'd then Isak

1st time using Ben Yedder in the ligue 1 icon objective, does he ever miss? Haha, more op'd then Isak

my man isak bullies everyone, only striker ive had that barged VVD off the ball :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

my man isak bullies everyone, only striker ive had that barged VVD off the ball :eek:

POTM Haaland does the same for me, he's just huge.

Yeah hes great, playing 532 again, which is working perfectly this week, players playing to instructions, anyway he is up front with Torres again and Isak is still banging in the goals, improving his jumping has made him unplayable

Yeah hes great, playing 532 again, which is working perfectly this week, players playing to instructions, anyway he is up front with Torres again and Isak is still banging in the goals, improving his jumping has made him unplayable

what chem do you have on him? i have engine as it was the most voted for on futbin.

what chem do you have on him? i have engine as it was the most voted for on futbin.

I think i had architect 1st as it improved his jumping and strength, until i realised Hawk done the same thing and boosted his pace and shooting, so its hawk now

I normally disregard futbin chem now, used to use it for guidance, i mess around with different ones til i find one that seems to make a difference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Ramos is 95k.. I only just packed him last week from MM. Not half bad. Have a couple 86/87s too and Harry Kane. Reckon it’ll be about 300k by time I sell them all.

• Advertisement

Ramos is 95k.. I only just packed him last week from MM. Not half bad. Have a couple 86/87s too and Harry Kane. Reckon it’ll be about 300k by time I sell them all.

Yeah i might keep Ramos, i dont really need to sell as my team is fairly set, have all the top la liga players that suit my formation, only Messi could improve it, i have Casemiro listed for 85k, couldnt sell him at 90k

Yeah i might keep Ramos, i dont really need to sell as my team is fairly set, have all the top la liga players that suit my formation, only Messi could improve it, i have Casemiro listed for 85k, couldnt sell him at 90k

who are you playing on the LW? Future stars lainez is very good and not expensive.

So just done the 81+×25 icon thing, Hazard, Sergio Busquets, Verratti, Thomas Muller, TOTW Younes, Raul Jimenez, Grimaldo snd europa league MOTM Fassnacht the best of what i got, not bad for 81+

Hazard is a duplicate

who are you playing on the LW? Future stars lainez is very good and not expensive.

Im 532 so its future stars Estupinan, i also have Hazard, and what if Pereyra along with Lainez for the left side, i might give Lainez a go at LWB, Van Bergen has been excellant as a RWB with his speed so might try Lainez out there for the craic

Im 532 so its future stars Estupinan, i also have Hazard, and what if Pereyra along with Lainez for the left side, i might give Lainez a go at LWB, Van Bergen has been excellant as a RWB with his speed so might try Lainez out there for the craic

yes i have estupinan as well, also a good card.

yes i have estupinan as well, also a good card.

For a guy with such rubbish finishing attributes, he scores a lot of goals for me, 37 in 125 games, not bad for 25 finishing ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

95k for casemiro!
    Wow, I bought about 10 of him a few weeks back for under 50k, sold most for 65 and had one in my club which I sold for 95k. Couldn't made a mint if I held them, the price of fodder is through the roof now.

Cripes, they actually put some new content on Milestones objectives - Based around Eredivisie again so will get good links to the first one

Casemiro sold for 81k, a 31k profit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

DAT TOTW THO.

Advertisement