Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Lamposts wrote: »
    DAT TOTW THO.

Save your fodder, this is not a drill. No Messi means we are guaranteed his La Liga POTM this week. Just hope his pricing isn't out of this world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Getting Prime Puskas and Mbappe pushed me upto Div2.
    The last time I hit div2 was fifa18.
    Be nice now if I could hit Div1, last time was fifa15/16 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

Blazer wrote: »
    Getting Prime Puskas and Mbappe pushed me upto Div2.
    The last time I hit div2 was fifa18.
    Be nice now if I could hit Div1, last time was fifa15/16 I think.

you'll get there, just be patient in attack dont try to force balls, let the runs develop etc and focus on defending make sure to track the runs etc and pray to not get bullsh!tted and its easy :D im at the point now where i feel waaaaaaaay much better than anyone 1900-2100sr, i still absolutely bottle elite at the weekend though and lose to those guys regularly when im about to pass 2200sr :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Selling up TOTY Messi, going to invest all over my team.

Like, straight off, Neymar for the LW, TOTY KDB for midfield. Maaaaybe TOTY TAA for RB.

I'm wondering how 92 Beckham plays. I want a RW, and the United fan in me wants to give him a whirl. Pace is low for a RWer though. Wondering if he'd suffer if I try and put TAA on get forward to cover a lack of speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Wouldn't mind getting that Boadu in red picks tomorrow, card looks great. Would settle for Lewandowski though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Sassulo scored 3 v Napoli tonight if it makes anyone want to go for caputo in objectives he’s very likely to get the +2 upgrade

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Just played a Rivals game against a 93 rated squad - TOTY and Icons all over the place-

GK - Yashin 94, RB - TAA 94, LB - Roberto Carlos 91, CB - Varane 89, CB - VVD 97, CM - Vieira 91, CM - Bruno 97, RW - Figo 93, LW - Neymar 92, ST - Mbappe 97, ST - Ronaldo 98

Kroos, Cantona, Alisson, Ederson, Firmino, Courtois and Messi on the bench.

Felt like quitting before KO when I saw that team but thought I’d give it a go.

Took the lead in the 12th min with Grealish, then Klaiber got sent off 2 mins later and conceded a penalty 1-1. Retook the lead on 22 with Neymar but his Figo equalised on 25 then on 30 De Gea throws it straight at Ronaldo and i’m 3-2 down.

On I go and Koeman makes it 3-3 with a penalty but opposition doesn’t get a red! Mbappe and another Neymar penalty puts me 5-3 down. Malen gets me one back on 68 but despite 17 shots 16 on target and 67% possession couldn’t get equaliser

This is only Division 5 so what on earth is this guy doing down here with that sort of squad!!!!

Originally, I'd been thinking I'd go for the P/M pack in Swaps for 17 but I have to admit, I'm losing heart now. Feels like a lot of work for not much.

I'm wondering if going for the 83x25 and the Prime Icon pack, or even 83x25, 82x25 and a M/P pack might give me just a tonne of cards, as well as much luck for a decent icon as the P/M pack would.

Bonus points, I could open the 2 fodder packs now, and worry about getting the icon pack during the next part,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

That Silver What If Weah is unbelievable.

If he gets a +2 upgrade I think he'll be one of the best in the game. (Perhaps a slight overstatement)

Right, I've done the 83x25 pack, cause I looked at the options left, and I'm really not sure I'll be bothered doing all the squad battles. By doing it, I left myself with the following choices...

Mid Blanc
    Prime Icon Pack
    PIM Overmars & 81x25
    Mid or Prime Pack & 82x25
    Mid Pack & 82x25
    Base Pack & 82x25 & 81x25
    Deco & 82&25 & 81x25

My instinct is to actually try for Deco and the other packs, cause Deco doesn't look back, and would fit with my Red Ronnie and 2POTM Bruno. I can see how motivated I am over the next few weeks though.

Best pulls from the 83 pack; Ederson, Kroos, Dybala, TAA. No special cards at all. :/ Going to put most of them into the icon pack now.

• Advertisement

Not the biggest win, but can't call a striker going for 1.4m a loss either :P

hbUXwZV.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Cyrus wrote: »
    im sure you are all well aware of this and maybe he doesnt work as well at the elite level but for anyone else Messi's std gold card at 270k is a bargain, i bought him a week ago and he is unbelievable, pops up everywhere, passing is amazing and he finishes things that no one else can.

I think i might sell Ramos and get Messi tomorrow, i'm nearly through with the game as is, and iv'e never had Messi for more then a loan spell, i also have a Dybala, Gomes, Pereyra to so might give him a shot, and Isak, cant forget the GOAT ;)

So inception finally broke down and called out EA for their "bad gameplay" in his latest video. This really hits the nail of the head of what I have been losing my mind about in terms of the lack of responsiveness. He even calls out the way the pro players are forced to play extreme aggressive pressing to try and counter it.

Then within 24 hours of the video dropping EA patch the ability to report matches for connection quality issues into the game.

Now its probably just an attempt to get ahead of any backlash from the community but its the first time to my knowledge that they have really acknowledged the Button delay/input loss and the game speed/sync issues.
    WHEN SHOULD I REPORT A MATCH?
    Use it when you experience connection quality issues that impact your gameplay responsiveness during an online match.

Here are some examples of common issues:
    • Button responsiveness: How quickly the game responds to your inputs. This is sometimes referred to as “input lag/delay.”
    • Input loss: When an input is performed correctly on a controller, but it’s not reflected in-game. This is sometimes referred to as “buttons not registering.”
    • Game speed: When the online gameplay doesn’t appear to be running at the expected speed. You might know this as “playing on ice skates,” “game feels slow,” “playing in mud,” or “players not getting enough traction.”
    • Temporary freezing: When the online gameplay freezes for any amount of time during a match. Sometimes this is called a “micro stutter.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

What's an Inception? Am I in one, like now?

That "temporary freeze" thing, i have conceded a tonne of goals to stuff like that, my opponent is attacking and as they approach my pen area, the game freezes, i cant defend and they score, is that the sort of stuff they mean?

Or is that just lag, i dont know anymore, ha

THIS is what I battled from 14 to 17 wins for XD

EagUkLb.png
    GZKaVwY.png

Lord TSC wrote: »
    THIS is what I battled from 14 to 17 wins for XD

EagUkLb.png
    GZKaVwY.png

Some quality players there TSC ;)

Isak selling for nearly 100k, now even though i love him, i got moments Suarez, Torres and Dybala, might be time to sell sell sell

2 low rated red picks as usual, so decided to put them into the Champions player pick.

OfXWw9P.png

Martinez is a good pull, except for 1 small problem. He is one of the 2 Red picks that I already have in my club. Soucek is a bang average Prem Midfielder and Kroos is unusable in this game.

Took Kroos for the fodder, guess he'll be useful for the La Liga POTM SBC.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

G3 Rewards

81 Disasi
    81 Skorupski
    81 Diamanti

84 Gosens
    81 Stanciu
    79 Prijovic

Going to stop at G3 again this weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Parawind wrote: »
    2 low rated red picks as usual, so decided to put them into the Champions player pick.

OfXWw9P.png

Martinez is a good pull, except for 1 small problem. He is one of the 2 Red picks that I already have in my club. Soucek is a bang average Prem Midfielder and Kroos is unusable in this game.

Took Kroos for the fodder, guess he'll be useful for the La Liga POTM SBC.
    Did the same and got 88 Pogba which looks a good card, just doesn't fit into my team at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,931 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Pain

dc5c28b.png

bf24d7c.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Pepe and Ruben Dias from Gold 2. Pretty decent considering but I really wanted Oblak as he would fit in my team and could sell my RTTF

With Paddy's day just around the corner, might be no harm picking up a cheap Irish squad in case they give us something to play for.

Also pick up some league of Ireland rares. Remember Shamrock Rovers and Irish rare players were going for almost 10K last year with the new SBC.

Bought Messi and hes not for me, 10 games, 0 goals, 1 assist, unbelievable as its Messi but i find Van Bergen better

Bought Messi and hes not for me, 10 games, 0 goals, 1 assist, unbelievable as its Messi but i find Van Bergen better

Van Bergen is end game for me. He’s out performing my base Neymar by far at the moment! Even played him at RB in one match when Klaiber got sent off and his pace really helped out with one man down.

Boulders8 wrote: »
    Van Bergen is end game for me. He’s out performing my base Neymar by far at the moment! Even played him at RB in one match when Klaiber got sent off and his pace really helped out with one man down.

Yeah thats it, his pace, iv'e played him at RWB and hes unreal, and if i switch to 532 from 433 in game, he goes up front from RW and can play there to

Doing some more 81+ Player Picks and pack openings this morning - the results still not good.

75+ Rated Rare x6 - best was an 83
    81+ PP x2 - an 84 and 82
    82-88 Rated Rare - an 82 duplicate
    Gold Players Pack x6 - a 79, 82, 81, 82 and 77 but all tradable so just fodder for MM later on or if anyone is desperate for these highly prized players

Finally got something good in the last Gold Players Pack - Base Alisson. Of course though this last pack was untradeable - EA wouldn’t let me get anything good and tradable would they??!!

Just looked back and of the last 100 packs opened have had 3 walkouts - 87 Modric and Navas and now Alisson. No icons or promo cards in sight!

They are very different players and need to be used differently. Don't play Messi out wide, try putting him in the centre. He is best at CAM or play him as a striker with someone more physical and he is great.

Van Bergens pace and agility is great, but you can't get away with 75 composure when you play against a packed defence IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I've no idea how you're using them but Neymar should not be out-performed by Van Bergen. Neymar is one of the best cards on the game, including icons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

They are very different players and need to be used differently. Don't play Messi out wide, try putting him in the centre. He is best at CAM or play him as a striker with someone more physical and he is great.

Van Bergens pace and agility is great, but you can't get away with 75 composure when you play against a packed defence IMO.

Agreed Messi in the centre or as striker is absolutely incredible. I have prime Puskas who’s amazing but Messi’s Toty card is way better.
    His dribbling, ball control, acceleration are out of this world. And I was just using him at 4 chem.

AdamD wrote: »
    I've no idea how you're using them but Neymar should not be out-performed by Van Bergen. Neymar is one of the best cards on the game, including icons.

I use a 4-3-3 (4) formation with Neymar at LW. Started using some custom tactics I read on Futbin mainly to see if I could reduce the amount of goals I was conceding. This seemed to coincide with Neymar’s drop in production with Grealish at CAM and Gravenberch at the second CM stepping up.

In the last 30 Rivals games, Neymar only had 5 goals and 2 assists compared to Van Bergen’s 10 and 9.

Grealish numbers were 21 and 19 and Gravenberch 10 and 14

In the previous 2 Rivals weeks Neymar had 16 and 16 and 14 and 7 so looks like the change in tactics have kinda nerfed Neymar for me - if only I could remember what tactics I was using before, lol

Or maybe move Neymar to CAM in game where I read people saying he causes havoc there

I tried him up front with Isak and Torres, just didnt do it for me, will try him at CM in the 532

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Or maybe move Neymar to CAM in game where I read people saying he causes havoc there

Yeah, you have to play Neymar at CAM or ST.

He's the best CAM in the game even at this stage, IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Result of a lawsuit brought up against EA over the alleged DDA and scripting:

https://twitter.com/eurogamer/status/1367134302065070080?s=21

• Advertisement

Penalties are worse then ever, Oblak slides out, clearly gets to the ball 1st, attacker falls over, pen is given

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭Tenks

Anyone else having problems getting into the server? Can’t get on Xbox or the app.

• Moderators Posts: 8,725 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Prime Van Der Sar is high on my fraud watch list at the moment. Feels like I'd be better off with a 6ft 6 cheesestring in the net.

IF Neuer could make a return soon!

Did the 84+ Player Pick and got 89 Courtois with other choices being 85 Thiago Silva, 84 Partey and 87 Lloris.

Did another 81+ Player Pick straight after and got back 83 Dubravka who i put into the 84+ SBC- thanks EA!

Of the last 11 packs open 7 times the headline player has been a goalie!!

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭tbayers

Mr Moon wrote: »
    With Paddy's day just around the corner, might be no harm picking up a cheap Irish squad in case they give us something to play for.

Also pick up some league of Ireland rares. Remember Shamrock Rovers and Irish rare players were going for almost 10K last year with the new SBC.

Bought over 100 players when I saw this, Randolph, Maguire, Brady, Long etc. All risen 50% at least since, worth hanging on a bit longer or bite the bullet?

• Advertisement

Team for the weekend. TOTY Messi gone, replaced with Davies, TAA, James and Socrates.

Going to have the team on 10 depth and trying to put pressure high up. Playing a bit with that today and its fun. Conceed loads but score loads too. Hence the two high paced RBs shifted into CB, to try and help vs counter attacks.

7NarUIK.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Not even one post mentioning the new Icon SBC's released this evening which probably says it all :pac:

That Ruben Neves objective looks a great card though.

Rivals is a joke today, 15 games, 5k points, have gone from div.4 to possibly near div.6, played no team below 90ovr all day, most of them set up december 20 or january 21, after 15 games last week i had 18k points

Just drew a game 2-2, 91ovr team with base Pope in goal, he had 2 shot 2 on target to my 11 and 9, his equaliser was a belter to be fair, hes in the box, roughly on pen spot, Varane tackles, the ball deflects and loops over Oblak who is standing 3 yards off his line

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

BrentMused wrote: »
    Not even one post mentioning the new Icon SBC's released this evening which probably says it all :pac:

They're actually quite good icons to be fair and I think they're under market price

BrentMused wrote: »

Moments Nedved looks like a great card, but the problem is Neymar exists and is less then half the price in the same position.

There is an 84+ Player pick out too. (83 Overall Squad with 1 TOTW)

I did it and took Allison, not too bad.

That puyol card is getting done it's very affordable

tbayers wrote: »
    Bought over 100 players when I saw this, Randolph, Maguire, Brady, Long etc. All risen 50% at least since, worth hanging on a bit longer or bite the bullet?

I’d hang on and sell in the hype the week of it.

That puyol card is getting done it's very affordable

Just done it there, cost me 46k to finish it, looks a good card

Just done it there, cost me 46k to finish it, looks a good card

Just finished the mid/prime pick so I'm a bit short as of now but I'll get him done for next week I think. Let me know how he is if you don't mind

Just finished the mid/prime pick so I'm a bit short as of now but I'll get him done for next week I think. Let me know how he is if you don't mind

Played a couple of games, seems fairly good, but agility might be a problem, got turned by fast attackers easily enough

• Advertisement
Advertisement