Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

84 IF Michael Keane sitting at a nice 35k. That makes it a 10k increase in exactly a week since I bought... not bad. Easy coins, especially for those with little time to play like myself. Sickened I didn’t get into this IF trading before because it works a treat given the direction EA are going with their SBCs :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Also a bunch of missing players added to the game now. Cavani, Hart, Gotze, Pedro, Remy, Clichy, Clyne, Skrtel.

None of them remotely usable at this stage in the game but I guess it could mean some flashback cards at some point.

Correction: Looks like they are on Footbin but not searchable in the game yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,276 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

stupidly bought some coins so i could finish off my team and even more foolishly did it where you have to buy and sell players,

perma ban from the fut transfer market :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Cyrus wrote: »
    stupidly bought some coins so i could finish off my team and even more foolishly did it where you have to buy and sell players,

perma ban from the fut transfer market :(

unusual you got a perma ban.
    Normally the first time is a coin wipe and a warning and after that its a ban.
    No fear they'd ever ban you from buying fut points though :D

Blazer wrote: »
    unusual you got a perma ban.
    Normally the first time is a coin wipe and a warning and after that its a ban.
    No fear they'd ever ban you from buying fut points though :D

thats what i thought, it wasnt even a load of coins, 500k, no warning or anything just a perma ban :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Did the 84+ Pick. 3* 84s and Duplicate Pjanic. :(

Tempted to do that Nedved and play him at CAM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

84 IF Michael Keane sitting at a nice 35k. That makes it a 10k increase in exactly a week since I bought... not bad. Easy coins, especially for those with little time to play like myself. Sickened I didn’t get into this IF trading before because it works a treat given the direction EA are going with their SBCs :pac:

When will be the best time to sell? Only picked up a couple but range on PS4 seems to be around 35-40k. I’d be happy with a 15-20k profit on each but is his price going to go higher?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Boulders8 wrote: »
    When will be the best time to sell? Only picked up a couple but range on PS4 seems to be around 35-40k. I’d be happy with a 15-20k profit on each but is his price going to go higher?

Basically, pick the moment your happy with and take the profit.

There’s probably a point where he will keep rising but at a slower rate than you’d get if you sold, and invested into something new. He might rise another 5k over the next two weeks, but maybe another investment would have risen by 8k, you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

stephenl15 wrote: »
    They're actually quite good icons to be fair and I think they're under market price

Yeah to be fair Nedved is great. I have Neymar CAM, IF Rashford ST, and Curtis Jones and Kante in CM so he won't fit into my team and with him listed as a LM it's a pain in the arse as his best position is centrally, but he's a great option for anyone looking for a CM, CAM or even ST.

Puyol, while a nice card, unfortunately seems to be unusable because of how slow he is to turn but I'd love to hear any reviews.

It's more of a criticism of the game than the icons they released. It's ridiculous that so many good players in real life are basically redundant in the game.

That said I took Vidic from the last set of icon swaps and he's still in my team now!

I'll give Puyol a go anyway :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

BrentMused wrote: »
    Yeah to be fair Nedved is great. I have Neymar CAM, IF Rashford ST, and Curtis Jones and Kante in CM so he won't fit into my team and with him listed as a LM it's a pain in the arse as his best position is centrally, but he's a great option for anyone looking for a CM, CAM or even ST.

Puyol, while a nice card, unfortunately seems to be unusable because of how slow he is to turn but I'd love to hear any reviews.

It's more of a criticism of the game than the icons they released. It's ridiculous that so many good players in real life are basically redundant in the game.

Yeah like none of them get in my team as someone said there's Neymar in the same position as Nedved. I was thinking about puyol but 75 pace it just isn't worth the risk. Suppose I might try his loan actually thinking about it now

Guys just to note that with the Neves objectives you could also get a lot of the Fofana objectives done at the same time if you so wished. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

BrentMused wrote: »

That said I took Vidic from the last set of icon swaps and he's still in my team now!

I'll give Puyol a go anyway :)

Would nedved on 7 chem not be ok?

Did the 84+ pick... 3x84s and an 85 Koke.... thanks EA :pac:

Would nedved on 7 chem not be ok?

Yep, not an issue at all IMO. :)

Guaranteed What If player pack inbound... as if fodder wasn’t already through the roof :pac:

https://twitter.com/futwatch/status/1367839013143515146?s=21

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

hmmm.a what if Kante would be nice to replace my gold version.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

Looks like Messi won La Liga POTM, probably some 6pm content

Price will insane though

Does anyone find the AI really poor this year?.

I only started playing this week and I notice the midfield 3 wont make any effort to get goal side defending a counter attack.
    They just jog slowly back and leave you exposed unless you take control of one.
    Noticed similar in regards to making players stay back to avoid counters, they just bomb forward and then one cheesy pass to their strikers and you're facing a near even number of attackers in open space.

I've made a lot of recordings and just observed the radar and it just looks like really poor AI is the main issue so not sure theres much I can do.

Has anyone found a formation/tactic to eliminate this?
    I generally control possession but the counter just seems to be more overpowering every year(now teammate contain does nothing).

I've tried setting my wing backs and CDMs to stay back and messed around with tactics but it still ends up being a cheesy pass out of defence and they have numbers and space to attack.
    I'd like 5/6 players to just stay back permanently.

I switched to a 352 late last night but haven't enough of a sample size to see how much it helps.

Giggsy_ wrote: »
    Looks like Messi won La Liga POTM, probably some 6pm content

Price will insane though

He's down as a CF as well so will be even more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Maybe the SBC will require Messi! If I had the coins I'd pick one up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

That Caputo card expires at 6 for anyone who hasn't done it, they've already scored 3 goals and just need 3 more in their next 5 games to give him the upgrade.

Messi out, stupidly expensive!
    84 85 85 86 88 89

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Messi out, stupidly expensive!
    84 85 85 86 88 89

is he that much better than the relatively cheap gold card :eek:

Cyrus wrote: »
    is he that much better than the relatively cheap gold card :eek:

Stats look amazing and he's a CF so better position but I didn't enjoy the 98 version of him, can't see myself doing this. Futbin have it at 2.1million which isn't as bad as I first thought.

Don’t suppose anyone is looking at the Kluivert SBC? I was looking at how to get Neymar on full chemistry - did the Wendell What If SBC and and an Icon striker would put him on 10 chem and then the only player in my team not on 10 would be Grealish.

Watched some video reviews of him and they were pretty favourable with an engine compensating for his lack of agility. Comes in at around 1m which I don’t have or wouldn’t ever pay that much anyway so this would be a way of getting an Icon Striker in although I do wonder if it’s worth the outlay and effort when Malen is still doing the business for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

How dare you diss Morales like that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,931 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

89 Rated squad for Messi costs 700k and gives back an untradeable pack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I cant get Messi but im definitely doing that Tello card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

That Diatta card looks class

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

89 Rated squad for Messi costs 700k and gives back an untradeable pack

Come on, mate. Can't run the risk of people making 50k back on that 700k investment....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Team 2 is rank

Disagree, that Mertens looks class. I already find his base gold card one of the best dribblers around.

Any reason the silvers have been cleared out?.

I dont see anything new up that warranted it, but I sold 96 of my 100 cards in one rotation. A record for sure.

Not sure is it just someone with a big bank roll trying to push the silver market up on Xbox, but the majority of cards are now going for crazy money compared to earlier.

I might sell my two silver squads while they're going so high, I'm sure I'll get them all back for less.

Tello done, club completely decimated now of 83+ players, but my starting 11 and subs are up to 88ovr, loads of lows 80's through 70's to bale into the 82-88 sbc

Stuck engine chem on Puyol to increase his agility, see if that helps me a little v pacey strikers

Edit: Turns out i wont be doing the 81 pick and 82-88 obj as they are gone, ha

Frisbee wrote: »
    Disagree, that Mertens looks class. I already find his base gold card one of the best dribblers around.

We already have had a Mertens special card. Why do they constantly keep picking the same players over and over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

As a spurs fan delighted to see that regulion card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Anybody getting wass, looks good stats

The engine chem on puyol seems to have done the trick, the +5 boost in agility has improved him a lot, seems smoother to use, 2 assists in 2 games to, when he jumped in front of the striker and moved up field with the ball, thats what 97 interception does i suppose

2 games, 11 for, 2 against, Torres 7 goals, he is back, Tello 5 assists and 2 goals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

The engine chem on puyol seems to have done the trick, the +5 boost in agility has improved him a lot, seems smoother to use, 2 assists in 2 games to, when he jumped in front of the striker and moved up field with the ball, thats what 97 interception does i suppose

2 games, 11 for, 2 against, Torres 7 goals, he is back, Tello 5 assists and 2 goals

In weekend league?

• Advertisement

In weekend league?

Yeah, i just had time for a couple of games, will try more tomorrow evening

Anyone know if the CDMs for what if are upgrades by goals or clean sheet? That Lucas Leiva has me tempted to slowly put together a Liverpool past & present side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Anyone know if the CDMs for what if are upgrades by goals or clean sheet? That Lucas Leiva has me tempted to slowly put together a Liverpool past & present side.

Goals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

On that guendouzi what if objective, Hertha have only scored 3 times in their last 9 matches so wouldn’t be banking on an upgrade.

The objectives itself aren’t that bad though so it can always be done for the 87 fodder with a small chance it increases to 89

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

I'd say the directional nutmeg is going to be patched next. Everyone is spamming it like crazy.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    On that guendouzi what if objective, Hertha have only scored 3 times in their last 9 matches so wouldn’t be banking on an upgrade.

The objectives itself aren’t that bad though so it can always be done for the 87 fodder with a small chance it increases to 89

Did him fairly quickly last night. For those who haven’t started it, you can include one icon in the starting XI and as many as you like on the bench.

The win requirement is pretty low - 6 wins I think which is better than the 15 needed for the PL and Lique 1 Players, which I’m finding a grind in Managerial Masterpiece

• Advertisement

Would you recommend him overall mate?

I've seen some favourable reviews on Reddit and although the (lack of) pace and agility frightens me, I've been using Vidic since the last set of icon swaps and find him absolutely fine.

I'm getting a bit bored of my current side so wouldn't mind trying out some new players, especially icons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

On the silver lounge I always use Shane long, one of the best things about fifa 21 is the way the commentator says “shannnne loooooong” when you shoot.

I really hope we get a boosted Shane long card for paddy’s day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Just done Kluivert on a whim. I hope he's good or else I've just burnt through my fodder & coins.

Lamposts wrote: »
    Just done Kluivert on a whim. I hope he's good or else I've just burnt through my fodder & coins.

Let me know how you find him as was thinking of doing him. Tried out his loan card last night, seems quite strong and has a good shot on him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Highly recommend that Yuri Berchiche LB. Just over 100k for a 87 Spanish LB who has a good chance to go to 89. finally replaced Mendy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement