Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Sky news even reporting the icon scandal now!

https://twitter.com/skynews/status/1370014687904075777?s=21

Not to worry lads, us plebs can still get a moments schmeichel :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Damn I could have skipped yesterday’s icon pick and have completed 95% of PIM Ballack.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Any promo coming tmrw?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Lamposts wrote: »
    Any promo coming tmrw?

No Loading screen yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Any promo coming tmrw?

Fut birthday maybe, could be next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Would Ballack be worth it? May wait to see what Ligue 1 brings tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

Ballack looks nice, but I think it’s time to drop one or two big ones

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Schmeichel looks amazing on paper and very cheap only needing two 85 rated squads and an 84.

Anyone used much of Schmeichel as I see he's not that highly rated online?

Ballack also looks great and reasonably priced too.

BrentMused wrote: »
    Schmeichel looks amazing on paper and very cheap only needing two 85 rated squads and an 84.

Anyone used much of Schmeichel as I see he's not that highly rated online?

Ballack also looks great and reasonably priced too.

Had him in fifa 18 and 20 and he was horrendous in both. They really did him dirty as he’s arguably the best keeper of all time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭Tenks

Wanted to spice up my team and had a modest amount to spend so bought 86 Larsson for 150k. Not exactly the most meta icon but had been using Werner whose passing frustrates me to no end.

First game hattrick for Henke. Very happy with how he plays on first look needless to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Tenks wrote: »
    Wanted to spice up my team and had a modest amount to spend so bought 86 Larsson for 150k. Not exactly the most meta icon but had been using Werner whose passing frustrates me to no end.

First game hattrick for Henke. Very happy with how he plays on first look needless to say.

I have his 90 card on my bench never even brought him on i donno why.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Just realised Cucurella expires in 2 days and I’ve 9 squad battles left to play... I really cba :pac: it’s a good card but I’ve had no motivation to play fifa for the last 2-3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Had him in fifa 18 and 20 and he was horrendous in both. They really did him dirty as he’s arguably the best keeper of all time.

absolutely do not do that schmeichel i did him and dont think he saved one shot in about 5 games :D his animations are super fcking weird.

Took januzaj as the season storyline player.

None of the options were great, was tempted by di sciglio for a ligue 1 or Italian team but when I get around to building my united p&p team I might regret not taking januzaj so went for him

Tempted to do that Ballack card..but who to drop.
    I have Stone or Kante and I'm leaning more towards Kante so Stone would take over his side and Ballack would slot in beside him then.
    Kante I feel it dropping behind the curve sometimes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

https://twitter.com/FutWatch/status/1370312827152515075

Party bag without OTW coming. NON. STOP. CONTENT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,931 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Haven't played much lately, got Mid Carlos Alberto as my best from the Icon pick, hoping for something on Paddy's Day to reel me back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Gundogen gets PL POTM for the second month in a row. Wonder what sort of upgrade EA will give him over last months card?

Edit: Just seen it - 88 rated card for 80 and 84 squads

https://twitter.com/FutWatch/status/1370312827152515075

Party bag without OTW coming. NON. STOP. CONTENT.

Does this suggest there's a big SBC coming? I feel like these things are just ways to get fodder clear outs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Got Benedetto completed last night. Plays really well, has the finesse trait and outside foot shot with 5* WF. Links to Messi, Neymar, Dybala etc. Would recommend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Boulders8 wrote: »
    Gundogen gets PL POTM for the second month in a row. Wonder what sort of upgrade EA will give him over last months card?

Edit: Just seen it - 88 rated card for 80 and 84 squads

88 for an 84 + 80 squad is insanely cheap no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

hots wrote: »

Its not a good card though unfortunately

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Worth doing him for fodder, cheap 88 if you have the cards in your club to do him for nothing.

hots wrote: »

Card isn’t really that good though, most would do this for fodder and the sbc is 80k and the cheapest 88 on market is 50k so not really worth it.

Not bad value though for anyone that is new to the game and gundogan would fit their team

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Did anyone do Hart? I've come up against him so many times and the speed of the fecker coming out is ridiculous, always stops me!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Card isn’t really that good though, most would do this for fodder and the sbc is 80k and the cheapest 88 on market is 50k so not really worth it.

Not bad value though for anyone that is new to the game and gundogan would fit their team

Yeah depends on your squad, I've been using Rui Costa (88) for a good while and Gundogan looks better than him (Maestro on G, Architect on Costa) for using as the more attacking CMs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Team for the weekend. Only changes are Mbappe, Kulsevski and Lloris. Had to sell Toty Neuer to fund Kulusevki when I packed Mbappe this week. Enjoying this team so far. Kulusevki is fantastic as CM. Great all-rounder and amazing long shots. Probably only have time for 14/16 wins again but think this is the best side I've had going into a weekend.

image.png

Man the latest patch has really nerfed Puskas.
    No wonder his prime has dropped nearly 800k since it was rolled out.
    However it really suits Felix and he’s back in play.
    Trying to decide now if I should replace Kante/Stone with Ballack and another CM or get mid Eusebio/baby Cruyff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

New content up and one for the Utd fans - Flashback Cavani - 90 rated needing 83, 84 and 86 squads.

Party bag also up - 84 squad with 2 TOTW players, 60 chem

dmigsy wrote: »
    Team for the weekend. Only changes are Mbappe, Kulsevski and Lloris. Had to sell Toty Neuer to fund Kulusevki when I packed Mbappe this week. Enjoying this team so far. Kulusevki is fantastic as CM. Great all-rounder and amazing long shots. Probably only have time for 14/16 wins again but think this is the best side I've had going into a weekend.

image.png

What kinda chem are you getting in the cbs? Im tempted to do similar with reece James im coming up agaisnt alot of the cheap pacey strikers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

jayo26 wrote: »
    What kinda chem are you getting in the cbs? Im tempted to do similar with reece James im coming up agaisnt alot of the cheap pacey strikers.

Both Kurzawa and Mukiele on 6. Totally fine so far. Nice to have the pace and agility at CB.

Man I wish I had listened to the posts on here about Schmeichel and not rushed into doing him.

His moments card is pure unadulterated shìte.

Played ten games with him and I think he pulled off one unexpected save.

Utter, utter dross.

dmigsy wrote: »
    Both Kurzawa and Mukiele on 6. Totally fine so far. Nice to have the pace and agility at CB.

Was looking to sell 91 desailly and get reece james and walker on front of joe Hart.... Im just trying new things at this stage because its boring otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Did the Party Bag and got Champions League TOTT Gomez. Happy enough with that, used his base before and liked it.

Future Stars Antony for me in the Party Bag.

Won't be usable for my starting team but with his pace, agility and balance looks a nice option off the bench with defenses tiring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Jesus lads, I have zero interest in playing fifa this evening, could this be the end, haha

Screenshot-20210312-194254-Companion.jpg

Should be enough pace there, swap trent to cb ingame so he on 10.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Boulders8 wrote: »
    New content up and one for the Utd fans - Flashback Cavani - 90 rated needing 83, 84 and 86 squads.

Party bag also up - 84 squad with 2 TOTW players, 60 chem

Oh man, he’ll be a bench player for me but absolutely doing him. Have plenty of fodder and he fits the United team.

Got my ten wins so far. Red picks...

Jo Hyeon Woo
    Kampl
    Maclaren

Third time in three that Woo has popped for me now. That’s so stupid. Had to take him too cause I got Kampl on Thursday.

Got FS Lainez in my party bag. Worth 30k ffs

• Advertisement

Puskas down to 2.2 mill or so and I thought no way.
    Gave him another chance but I had noticed he seemed to be dropping deeper since the last patch despite stay forward. Updated it to conservative interceptions as well and voila..the maestro was back with 5 goals in his next match.
    Hopefully this resolves it.

4 goals in his next match. Yep safe to say he’s back.

First chance I've had to play Weekend League all of this game cycle.

5-6 so far after 11 games and aiming for 14 wins.

Using the FUT Track app which really gives some great insight.

Nothing I didn't know already but I don't score enough and I concede too often :pac:

Finding my pass accuracy and build up play is great but as soon as I get to the edge of the opposition's box I come unstuck.

I just can't seem to get to grips with skill moves at all and it's my big undoing. I'll know what I want to do in my head but panic in-game.

Top scorer after 11 games is only on 11 goals which probably says it all.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I’m the same with skill moves. I’ll learn one, use it for a weekend...and then just forget it the next one.

The one I’m having fun with currently, if you can call it a “skill move” is double tapping the through pass so it’s not along the ground. Seems to throw off a lot of people who go for slides or the likes.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I’m the same with skill moves. I’ll learn one, use it for a weekend...and then just forget it the next one.

The one I’m having fun with currently, if you can call it a “skill move” is double tapping the through pass so it’s not along the ground. Seems to throw off a lot of people who go for slides or the likes.

Yep double tap through pass is excellent i use it alot to play Fati in and it is seriously good.

BrentMused wrote: »
    First chance I've had to play Weekend League all of this game cycle.

5-6 so far after 11 games and aiming for 14 wins.

Using the FUT Track app which really gives some great insight.

Nothing I didn't know already but I don't score enough and I concede too often :pac:

Finding my pass accuracy and build up play is great but as soon as I get to the edge of the opposition's box I come unstuck.

I just can't seem to get to grips with skill moves at all and it's my big undoing. I'll know what I want to do in my head but panic in-game.

Top scorer after 11 games is only on 11 goals which probably says it all.

What i find is when you try push it then you move too soon. If you get to edge of box and there is nothing open pass sideways to midfielder or full backs and drag him out and try again.

Set your midfielders to stay on edge of box so they won't bomb in and leave you with no options. Also i find play with a really wide attack gives you more options.

Its not just about skill moves, i cant do any of them at all and im playing fifa nearly 30 years hahaha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I just did moments Schmeichel because he's a United legend. I don't care if he sucks as Ter Stegen makes zero saves.

Trying to find games tonight and three times now I've had the "initializing" glitch for one minute at a time. Thought they were supposed to have fixed this?

Edit: And the first thing he does for me was an unexpected save....that's one more than Ter Stegen has done in his 158 games for me :pac:

• Advertisement

Blazer wrote: »
    Puskas down to 2.2 mill or so and I thought no way.
    Gave him another chance but I had noticed he seemed to be dropping deeper since the last patch despite stay forward. Updated it to conservative interceptions as well and voila..the maestro was back with 5 goals in his next match.
    Hopefully this resolves it.

Im only getting to grips woth his 92 card now. He feels different then his baby card but is so much mire clinical I just have to trust him. He is an excellent provider to Fati tho.

Don’t usually bother with the party bags as they’re a rip off but really losing interest in the game so gave it a whirl, falcao.
    Off goes the ps again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Party bag SBCs are very good for the IF trading though.. Kampl was 24k when I picked him up and sold him off for 31k a pop. Only picked up 3 as its my first venture outside the PL but worked a treat.

We’re into March now so the ratings upgrade doesn’t look like it’s happening this year.
    After needing it last year they’ve now completely removed it.
    Just yet another thing that benefited players removed to add to the long list

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Impressed with Schmeichel so far. He's off to a good start in my WL, a goal per game average, can't ask for more than that :pac:

lsZIF7M.png

• Advertisement
Advertisement