Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

v3ttel wrote: »
    Packed that 84 IF Soria as a tradeable card and he's going for 35K. My untradeable luck has been good this year, but that is the highest value tradeable card I've packed in 5 months.

I'm tempted to build a non-meta fun team with all of the Irish players, maybe Cavani thrown in there somewhere. I normally wouldn't touch a 3 star skill striker, but it's a flashback card for a player I like at a time where I can't really upgrade my main team any more and am losing interest. Kind of looking at it from a card collecting point of view now.

I’d recommend Cavani - the 3* skill moves don’t bother me as I’m definitely not a skiller but Cavani has been banging them in left right and centre since I started using him and weighs in with his fair share of assists as well.

Originally I grinded Benedetto to get the green link to Neymar and allow me to get Messi on better chem but couldn’t get on with Benedetto as he just felt too clunky so sent him to the bench, restored Van Bergen to RW and put Cavani in with Messi off the bench.

Even though the pace is more or less the same Cavani just feels quicker than Benedetto and his shooting is absolutely lethal - finishes almost everything

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

I need to get out of Div1. It's too much sweat. I played a guy that was top 100. I got a PK and he quit the game. The game didn't count either. Is that usually the case if you're drawing and someone quits?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Boulders8 wrote: »
    What sort of teams are people coming up against in Managerial Masterpiece doing the Irish foundations? Are people just using the bare minimum Irish players required and then filling in around them?

McGeeedy / Richarlson / (Moments) Jahanbakhsh
    Foden / Sisoko / Anguissa
    Stevens / Ake / Moments Morgan / Doherty
    Randolph

Painful coming up against people doing the Serie A objective.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

What sort of teams are people coming up against in Managerial Masterpiece doing the Irish foundations? Are people just using the bare minimum Irish players required and then filling in around them?

I'm just combining it with the Neves objectives. Randolph, Enda, Brady & Callum Robinson to hit my Irish quota.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Parawind wrote: »
    Skill based matchmaking for friendlies needs to die, that was an absolute sweat fest and everyone seems to be out purely to spite you.

Hopped on to grab McGeady quickly and it literally took me the bones of 4 hours to get the 3 wins.

Feels like there is a bad spot when you are around 1900-2000. You obviously get matched with players of your own level which is going to be a challenge (grand yeah - theoretically the same for everyone), but you can get an unlucky run and constantly be matched with 2200+ players as they seemed to be classed as the same level.

They've implemented skill based match making in friendlies and made a total sack of it. WL which is their 'competitive' game mode is easier to get wins in. You shouldn't have to sweat every game like it's a world cup final in friendlies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Hopped on to grab McGeady quickly and it literally took me the bones of 4 hours to get the 3 wins.

Feels like there is a bad spot when you are around 1900-2000. You obviously get matched with players of your own level which is going to be a challenge (grand yeah - theoretically the same for everyone), but you can get an unlucky run and constantly be matched with 2200+ players as they seemed to be classed as the same level.

They've implemented skill based match making in friendlies and made a total sack of it. WL which is their 'competitive' game mode is easier to get wins in. You shouldn't have to sweat every game like it's a world cup final in friendlies.

Yeah that's exactly what I was experiencing and they also have amazing Silver teams with every Silver star player. I never bothered to build a silver team so my 40 chem 11 journeymen didn't make it easy. But I didn't care to get most of the object cards previously since the only place you can use them is in Silver friendlies to unlock more of these cards.

I can't understand why they don't do a silver mid week tournament or implement Bronze/Silver only match making in Div Rivals it would give a huge amount more value to silver cards and add a lot more variety to the game.

Game one of combining Neves and the Irish players. Played against 5 at the back. Hit the post 3 times. Missed 2 sitters from crosses and achieved 0 objectives. The guy scored a last minute goal and did the toxic dancing celebration.

Good ol' managerial disasterpiece. This is going to be some laugh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭baldshin

Got McGeady done in 3 games handy enough. It's some card for doing the Connolly objectives. Have come up against McGeady a good bit too and kept him quiet with the SBC Doherty. 5 games to play and 2 wins left for Connolly and Hendrick.

Mbappe POTM is up - 6 squads required with the two highest being an 88 and an 89. Would love to be able to do him but if I did I would be left with a squad of him and a load of random silvers and bronze players

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Mbappe POTM is up - 6 squads required with the two highest being an 88 and an 89. Would love to be able to do him but if I did I would be left with a squad of him and a load of random silvers and bronze players

1.4M more expensive than his Gold card. For +2 to +4 on stats. Wouldn't touch it. Might make a difference at pro level but a hard pass for me - and not just cos I have his gold untradeable.

• Advertisement

dmigsy wrote: »
    1.4M more expensive than his Gold card. For +2 to +4 on stats. Wouldn't touch it. Might make a difference at pro level but a hard pass for me - and not just cos I have his gold untradeable.

Plus a position change meaning you need to either drop Neymar or run one of them off chem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

This might be the best video ever.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'm absolutely burning through coins at the moment, but I want to try out loads of cards before I hit TOTS and just settle on teams of whatever Reds I can get.

So, this weekend is starting to move towards a United centric team. Playing wingers at the wingback positions, and three fullbacks in the CB roles. High depth. :P

NLqDj9J.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Pity that mbappe is lw, I’d have done it as a striker but not sure if playing him off chem is worth the difference over his base.

No extra icon sbc’s either. Oh what to do with ones fodder! Looking like messi at the moment but I’ll hold off another bit and see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Changed my team around for Rivals yesterday, and still unbeaten after around 16-17 games, good few quits in those, gone 4-2-3-1 with Moments Kroos and Flashback Busquets as CDM's, Frenkie De Jong at CAM, Hazard and Van Bergen wide, and Showdown Malen up front instead of Torres, i have to say Malen and De Jong are great together, especially Malen when he gets in behind, he just doesnt miss

Not at ye lads level of players i know but jeez they are great to use when the tactics run smoothly, today now they'll probably play like they are in quick sand, but yesterday they were great

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Changed my team around for Rivals yesterday, and still unbeaten after around 16-17 games, good few quits in those, gone 4-2-3-1 with Moments Kroos and Flashback Busquets as CDM's, Frenkie De Jong at CAM, Hazard and Van Bergen wide, and Showdown Malen up front instead of Torres, i have to say Malen and De Jong are great together, especially Malen when he gets in behind, he just doesnt miss

Not at ye lads level of players i know but jeez they are great to use when the tactics run smoothly, today now they'll probably play like they are in quick sand, but yesterday they were great

That's some unbeaten run! :eek:

You must be flying through the divisions at that rate?

BrentMused wrote: »
    That's some unbeaten run! :eek:

You must be flying through the divisions at that rate?

Well i wouldnt say that, i just had a look, its only 13 games, taught it was more, anyway started of in div.6 after last week, i get to div.3 or 4, hit the wall and go in full on reverse again, the difference in the teams performance, ie, players playing to the tactics can differ crazily from 1 day to the next

My winning runs only last about 3 matches before I hit the wall and suffer an equally bad or worse losing run! Results are also mad - earlier in the week I won one game 9-1 and then got pummelled in the next one 4-8. Then another day I got outplayed and lost 0-3 but then won the next 11-2 but lost the next one 6-7. Match making seems inconsistent with the quality of opponents even though SR points seem to be fairly even.

You lads probably already know this, but on a Friday with FUT Champs those rare gold contracts will instantly sell for 200. You'll also shift a few for 250 but that may take a few cycles.

Doesn't seem a whole lot but depending on volume you could make a nice amount.

I have over 500 in my club which will be the easiest 100k I'll ever make!

Also ST -> CF and CAM -> CM position modifiers will go for 5,000 during WL but again may take a few cycles to shift.

• Advertisement

4 rival matches today, 2 wins 2 draws, Malen 17 goals, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Got McGeady and the Irish lads done last along with Neves. Ended up doing Doherty as well for an Irish squad.

Just the 89 squad left for Messi. Hopefully will get that completed next week, an 81 player pick would be helpful, don't want to use 5 swap tokens for the 83 pack.

Played 2 games against teams set up this month, and good god, lost both, their players were so op'd, common gold players ai controlled playing 10 times above their ratings

3 defeats in 3, im hitting the wall now, is it near 1 o'clock for cheltenham yet, haha

Just played a lad with keane and the irish sbc/objective players and he beat the **** out of my team full of icons. Iv never been so ok with losing a game 🀣

Is FUT birthday or some other promo likely tonight?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Let’s see if the boys can get me at least silver 1...

717-EDD4-E-D573-4-D43-977-A-5-C37-D19-C9-D13.jpg

• Advertisement

You lads probably already know this, but on a Friday with FUT Champs those rare gold contracts will instantly sell for 200. You'll also shift a few for 250 but that may take a few cycles.

Doesn't seem a whole lot but depending on volume you could make a nice amount.

I have over 500 in my club which will be the easiest 100k I'll ever make!

Also ST -> CF and CAM -> CM position modifiers will go for 5,000 during WL but again may take a few cycles to shift.

To update on this, the rare contracts are flying selling at 300 a pop.

I'd imagine most people would have circa 500 tradable rare contracts cards in their club at this point so there's the easiest 150k you'll ever make - although it is a pain listing them all up! :pac:

Jadon Sancho Bundasliga POTM is now available - pretty cheap at an 83 and 84 (with 1 IF) but would have been better as RM/RW than LM.

At 87 rated rather than 89 Sessegnon can be had as the Level 30 Storyline player as LM and he has better base stats in every category other than Dribbling.

Still, the highest I ever seem to get in packs are 83’s and 84’s I’ll probably do him eventually just for the high rated fodder to put into Kluivert although I’m waning on whether to finish him now given Cavani’s impact for me.

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Let’s see if the boys can get me at least silver 1...

Can't believe they got Pele's flag wrong though.

389273.jpg

To update on this, the rare contracts are flying selling at 300 a pop.

I'd imagine most people would have circa 500 tradable rare contracts cards in their club at this point so there's the easiest 150k you'll ever make - although it is a pain listing them all up! :pac:

Listed up 15 at BIN 200 to test it out, no joy on Xbox, can't give them away.

LOL, I just conceded a penalty to a guy who had rubberbanded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Can't believe they got Pele's flag wrong though.

389273.jpg

Damn I have just over a 1000 rare and over 2k non rare.

• Advertisement

Check your clubs for tradeable rare gold Real Sociedad and Granada players, they're going for crazy coins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

81 rated IFs insta selling at 30k as well, not sure why they're going for that much

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

RedRochey wrote: »
    81 rated IFs insta selling at 30k as well, not sure why they're going for that much

party bag requiring 2 informs is out and 84 rated squad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

chips1234 wrote: »
    party bag requiring 2 informs is out and 84 rated squad

Was that not there already? I bought these 81 IFs yesterday morning for 18k, wasn't there a party bag SBC out then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

Was that not there already? I bought these 81 IFs yesterday morning for 18k, wasn't there a party bag SBC out then?

nah came out tonight at 6pm, its a complete rip off aswel like anyone paying for those informs is mad. hows everyone going this weekend ? started 4-0 and gameplay felt horrific from just after 5pm so stopped.

It has slowed for me a bit now but I'm still shifting a lot of them at 250 on PS5.

Got Casemiro from the party bag.
    Not sure if I could fit him in though.

Just sold one for 37,500 and a 77 rated for 30k - a quick 64k profit in about 5 seconds

Had grabbed ten of some random 79 rated If, and five Ihenacho, on Wedensday morning. After a week of leaking money, it’s nice to turn a quick profit.

Just put together a back 3 of what if smalling and van dijk with toty taa in between them. It's outrageous I can essentially throw the rest of my team forward

• Advertisement

Muller from my red pick for ten wins.

Two 89s from my three picks this week, but Muller has always been a player I am disappointed using. Nothing like how he should be.

chips1234 wrote: »
    nah came out tonight at 6pm, its a complete rip off aswel like anyone paying for those informs is mad. hows everyone going this weekend ? started 4-0 and gameplay felt horrific from just after 5pm so stopped.
    Started off 3-0 with my Irish hybrid, quickly went 3-4, 4-4 now and stopping for the evening.

What I've learned from this I'm going to call it an experiment is that, I play much better with agile 5 star skillers up front and El Shaawary is the best player in the game. I was 3-3 at half time, bring on my subs him being one, wont the game 12-3 he got 5 in a few minutes. I'm going to make a team that has El Shaawary up front for next week, the lad is insane good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Just seen there’s a Giroud moments objective.. 100% hopping back on to do that + Irish foundations together. Giroud has 84 pace and 4* skills. Lovely stuff.

"Yes...yes...this is the angle I want to shoot with Daryl Horgan's weak foot so I can make full use of his 69 volleys"

GG to the person who scored this winner against me! :pac:

FgGNDve.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

"Yes...yes...this is the angle I want to shoot with Daryl Horgan's weak foot so I can make full use of his 69 volleys"

GG to the person who scored this winner against me! :pac:

FgGNDve.png

Judging by the time you post it I'd guess it was Liamo after a bag of cans :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Just put together a back 3 of what if smalling and van dijk with toty taa in between them. It's outrageous I can essentially throw the rest of my team forward

I tried smalling and i donno what was wrong but he just kept stepping out of defence and leaving space behind, i sold him after a few games and got a taa back in

4-1 at the moment. Puskas on fire with 17 goals so far.
    After watching Auzio using Mbappe I was thinking I could try that and replace Puskas.lol nope not a chance I could string those skills together without lots of practise.
    I hope they release his prime sbc so I can plough my coins into it and lock him in.

Those goals where the ball deflects off our defender to the unmarked striker is doing my head in, especially the goals, where i user defend, push the atacker away from goal only for him to turn into me and the ball manages to deflect off me, past 1 or 2 defenders, where 1 actually lifts his leg so the ball can go under it to the striker, who scores

Thats it, im going full on eredivisie cheese mode, a front 4 of Van Bergen, Malen, Boadu and Kohlert

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

When you lose by one goal and this is the difference. F*ck off.

6-2 so far. Lost this one and another to an absolute bellend who had Pele and played 1 depth. Rooney has 16 in the 8 games. Playing 4231.

Qn3AGZ.gif

Advertisement