Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,834 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Already accidentally recreated Torres' first Liverpool goal

GViHET4.gif

TmPt1Kf.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Pre order packs, Walkout, French, ST.... Griezman, still happy enough with that but also a bit disappointed :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Price range increases on xbox

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Has anyone used Ziyech yet?

He looks superb and seems to have everything you’d want in a CAM, but that 2 star weak foot is really off-putting.

I’m just trying to decide if he’s worth a shot to use as a CAM in my PL team at just over 30k as he’ll probably rise on Friday anyway so I won’t lose anything, but if the 2 star weak foot is as big an issue as it was last year he might be pointless using despite having almost everything else.

BrentMused wrote: »

He looks superb and seems to have everything you’d want in a CAM, but that 2 star weak foot is really off-putting.

I’m just trying to decide if he’s worth a shot to use as a CAM in my PL team at just over 30k as he’ll probably rise on Friday anyway so I won’t lose anything, but if the 2 star weak foot is as big an issue as it was last year he might be pointless using despite having almost everything else.

Yeah he's fun, I'm playing him CM in a 433-4 and he's been good so far, his WF might be more noticeable further forward though and mine is untradeable so maybe I'd feel different if I'd paid big coins for him.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Pizzle wrote: »
    Looking for some trading advice on PC. I saw that Eric Bailly was basically extinct but managed to get about 10 over the last few days.

When would people expect his max price to go up? Think it's a worthwhile investment or would I be better off selling now at no profit and invest somewhere else?

There'll be a big spike on Saturday morning when every little Tom, Dick and Harry are playing and buying their "meta" squad for rivals. Prices will go up.
    v3ttel wrote: »
    Just packed Pique. I was thinking an 86 walkout would be worth a nice bit - he's going for 10K.

Next pack, Lenglet....going for 100K. Delighted with that! SBC packs really pay out.

Hold for now or sell if you're happy with the profit. They will deffo go up.

I packed him untradeable, WF doesn't matter with this game that I've noticed so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Hold for now or sell if you're happy with the profit. They will deffo go up.

Ya, definitely holding him. He'll be in demand for the first WL.

Also packed Wijnaldum last night who is currently extinct. Max price range of 75K.

Kroos & Pique will surely go up as soon as any sort of SBC requires a decent squad rating. The only problem is that I'm holding everything of value that I've packed, so I don't have the coins to invest in other meta players who will rise. Need to finish out my last 2 div rivals placement games to get some coins and hopefully get some rewards for this week too.

Already accidentally recreated Torres' first Liverpool goal

GViHET4.gif

Btw notice Torres' final touch before the shot here, new skill move where you double tab RB/R1 and knock the ball ahead of you, really good for situations like this where the defender slows down because it looks like you're gonna cut inside and instead you just burst past them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Playing for the first time in....

...so long that there was no FUT when I last played

Haven’t the foggiest what I’m doing, if I get lucky I score a goal but being hammered in every game.

Have packed a good side, just clueless for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

Iago wrote: »
    Playing for the first time in....

...so long that there was no FUT when I last played

Haven’t the foggiest what I’m doing, if I get lucky I score a goal but being hammered in every game.

Have packed a good side, just clueless for now.

just watch youtube here's some guys i like

game play

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3VShdRR6vAp2FZIqoS4N1w

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc0z7mTwTVMxK_-fqHz5tXQ

marketplace:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5bbcIiljgXh9vDJdZ3Skog

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Wyuc7HQXbC70GGqVLl9mQ

im going ham on ansu fati inform to hold until hes out of packs tomorrow :D also expecting another market crash on thursday night after midnight to load up on players when the prices plummet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Wow, Divison 2 was a sobering experience. Back down to Div 3 already. Definitely got lucky with my placement games, felt I was matched against poor enough opponents.

Think I'm 3-10 so far in rivals, just can't seem to get going at all. I've 5 different formations loaded on the tactics but can't settle on one. Is 4-2-3-1 the safest to use?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Just had my first real bad scripting experisnce. Guy has way better team than me. Pool Back5, Salah, Fabinho, Firmino, Sterling, Richarlison, Rodrigo etc. Even enough game then Gomez gets sent off. Goes from 0-0 to him winning 4-0, you'd swear I was down to ten. Get it back to 4-4 eventually and then all my players just give up and lose 7-5. It's good to be back :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I finished my placement games 4 wins and a draw, up to div 3 with 89k in the pocket, won my first game after being 3-0 down in that division also.

I barely got into Div 4 last year so delighted with this start.

Really enjoying the gameplay, I haven't had a clean sheet or a 1-0 loss, it's all end to end crazy scorelines.

Wow, Divison 2 was a sobering experience. Back down to Div 3 already. Definitely got lucky with my placement games, felt I was matched against poor enough opponents.

Think I'm 3-10 so far in rivals, just can't seem to get going at all. I've 5 different formations loaded on the tactics but can't settle on one. Is 4-2-3-1 the safest to use?

4-2-3-1 with the two CDMs on stay back & cut passing lanes. Full backs also on stay back, and maybe drop the defensive depth to 4.

Anything other than those instructions and my defense feels like it's on the halfway line, I'm cut open by a ball down the wing and then CDMs don't bother to track back at all.

4-2-3-1 with the two CDMs on stay back & cut passing lanes. Full backs also on stay back, and maybe drop the defensive depth to 4.

Anything other than those instructions and my defense feels like it's on the halfway line, I'm cut open by a ball down the wing and then CDMs don't bother to track back at all.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47qe55e6h90fky7xdaahwo5krqzv73i3st0ttgvyrm&rid=giphy.gif

Just a heads up that Felipe Anderson is expected to join Porto.

He’s the only usable left sided Brazilian PL player unless you include Bernard, so with Telles having joined United I’d expect that his price will rise a good bit when he gets his Porto card as he offers a perfect link to him and then potentially Richarlison/Jesus up front.

He’s quite a decent card too so at 24k could be an investment. He even dropped as low as 18k earlier.

chips1234 wrote: »
    giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47qe55e6h90fky7xdaahwo5krqzv73i3st0ttgvyrm&rid=giphy.gif

to expand on this,

4-2-3-1 is gonna be the meta so use it, but if you want to get better or have better results in weekend league i wouldnt play these tactics. im not saying you have to go gung ho 10 depth or anything either, but these tactics will lead to the same game over and over again of having 40% or less possession, and basically scoring the same goal over and over leading to the game getting very boring very fast, and result in you having a 50/50 record.

start off at 5 or 6 depth(and gradually move up to 8 depth, learn the right stick switching player, dont rush defenders at attackers or pull them out of position unless you are confident in winning the ball, focus on using the right stick passing and reading where they are gonna be passing the ball next/try stay a step ahead and thinking forward you wont be opened up all the time if you do this and get good at it(use player relative switching and not ball relative)

defence- balanced

width -5

depth -5( to start off with)

attacking- fast build up

width- 6 or 7

players in box- 6

corners and free kicks- 2(mainly because of how dumb the game is at where it puts your cbs)

instructions:

striker- stay central and rest default

wingers- get in the box for crosses, basic defensive help- rest default

cam- stay forward-get into the box for crosses.

left cdm- stay back- cut passing lanes- cover centre

right cdm- cut passing lanes cover centre

full backs- stay back while attacking(i actually hate this but it has to be done given just how bad positionally every full loves to be in fifa) if you want them going forward you need cdms covering wings and that just leaves gaps in center obv.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Just a heads up that Felipe Anderson is expected to join Porto.

He’s the only usable left sided Brazilian PL player unless you include Bernard, so with Telles having joined United I’d expect that his price will rise a good bit when he gets his Porto card as he offers a perfect link to him and then potentially Richarlison/Jesus up front.

He’s quite a decent card too so at 24k could be an investment. He even dropped as low as 18k earlier.

I was using that same idea but for Douglas Costa.. he was 15-18k when I checked last week and now he’s up to 42k after his Bayern move confirmed yday :pac:

chips1234 wrote: »
    to expand on this,

4-2-3-1 is gonna be the meta so use it, but if you want to get better or have better results in weekend league i wouldnt play these tactics. im not saying you have to go gung ho 10 depth or anything either, but these tactics will lead to the same game over and over again of having 40% or less possession, and basically scoring the same goal over and over leading to the game getting very boring very fast, and result in you having a 50/50 record.

defence- balanced

width -5

depth -5( to start off with)

attacking- fast build up

width- 6 or 7

players in box- 6

corners and free kicks- 2(mainly because of how dumb the game is at where it puts your cbs)

instructions:

striker- stay central and rest default

wingers- get in the box for crosses, basic defensive help- rest default

cam- stay forward-get into the box for crosses.

left cdm- stay back- cut passing lanes- cover centre

right cdm- cut passing lanes cover centre

full backs- stay back while attacking(i actually hate this but it has to be done given just how bad positionally every full loves to be in fifa) if you want them going forward you need cdms covering wings and that just leaves gaps in center obv.

The highlighted bits are exactly what was originally posted, except I suggested depth 4, and not 5.

You won' have 40% possession or a bad record because of this, but it depends on play-style.

Use these tactics and pressure on heavy touch to have a balance between winning possession back early & high up the pitch when possible and not leaving massive gaps in defense

The highlighted bits are exactly what was originally posted, except I suggested depth 4, and not 5.

You won' have 40% possession or a bad record because of this, but it depends on play-style.

Use these tactics and pressure on heavy touch to have a balance between winning possession back early & high up the pitch when possible and not leaving massive gaps in defense

you suggested both cdms staying back :D , would have right cdm eventually being box to box as you increase depth i forgot to say that, and id take the cut passing lanes off him. also i said use the 5/6 depth to start.
    50/50 isnt a bad record really, it does depend on play style but more often than not playing a super defensive style as a base will lead to not having alot of possession. im not saying there is anything wrong with the tactics you posted either btw its completely fine to use them if thats how people want to play, at the end of the day who really gives a fck as long as they are enjoying themselves its a game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Won my 5 placement matches and I'm in Division 2, must have got lucky in my placement games as I'm probably just an above average player.

Anyways I'm not looking forward to Rivals haha

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Won my 5 placement matches and I'm in Division 2, must have got lucky in my placement games as I'm probably just an above average player.

Anyways I'm not looking forward to Rivals haha

its not so bad at the moment albeit fairly sweaty, i could be in div 10 and i still couldnt buy a win either way, im playing terrible since last night when game came out.

annoyed i didnt get more martials hes extinct on xbox now at 150k :mad:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

1m transfer profit reached :D

I was messing about with Mbappe today in Friendlies for the Three Nations objective, and my God he's incredible. Absolutely savaging people. I really need to work towards getting him.

did anyone know about this before ? maybe this is why attackers just breeze through tackles for fun cos we arent using this "instant hard tackle"

https://twitter.com/drpoplove/status/1313532591144751105?s=20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,171 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

messing about in friendlies when you have two high rated loan strikers is a joy. If only Fifa could be like this all year! I think I will stay out of the weekend league for at least the next month.

Won my first 3 Rivals placement games.

Just looking ahead and there’s nothing to say I would win them anyway, but would it nearly be worth throwing the last 2 games to get placed in around division 5 or 6 as 1 more win probably has me in division 3.

I’ve read a few people on Reddit sharing horror stories of winning 4 or 5 of their placement games despite being a division 5 or 6 standard player (which I am, probably closer to division 6 in all honesty) and getting constantly battered in the higher divisions.

I know the extra coins would be handy but I’m happy enough with my team so they don’t mean as much to me as they might have.

I’m just looking ahead thinking of trying to get points to qualify for Weekend League and it will be a long slog for me if I’m in a division where I haven’t got a prayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Won my first 3 Rivals placement games.

Just looking ahead and there’s nothing to say I would win them anyway, but would it nearly be worth throwing the last 2 games to get placed in around division 5 or 6 as 1 more win probably has me in division 3.

I’ve read a few people on Reddit sharing horror stories of winning 4 or 5 of their placement games despite being a division 5 or 6 standard player (which I am, probably closer to division 6 in all honesty) and getting constantly battered in the higher divisions.

I know the extra coins would be handy but I’m happy enough with my team so they don’t mean as much to me as they might have.

I’m just looking ahead thinking of trying to get points to qualify for Weekend League and it will be a long slog for me if I’m in a division where I haven’t got a prayer.

Finish as high as you can. A win in Divison 2 gives you 250 pts for weekend league. Even getting battered gives you 40 points! I was thrown into Div 2 after winning 5 easy games in placement and got relegated after a serious reality check. I still managed to pick up two wins last night and took a lot beatings but should qualify for this weekend.
    Playing against good opposition will only make you a better player too and would be good practice for the weekend ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Managed to pack King Kev in that 50k pack for 100 finesse shots. That's my pack luck used up for FIFA 21 then. :(

Won 4, drew 1. The game I drew I conceded the equaliser in the last second of the game.

Division 3.

Gulp. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Raving_Magic

Won my first 5 games in the placement. Never done that in any FIFA ever and starting off in division 2.

Unfortunately I'm still using EA Access as I'm not getting the game until Friday so have to wait to play those games :(

Aguero and De Gea are monsters in my team. De Gea is better as a 86 then anything he had before previously

Advertisement