Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭Tenks

It’s such a shame that heading/crossing is still not as good as it once was.. I attempted about 18 crosses the other day and only 3 succeeded.. and that’s with players with 80+ crossing :(

But otherwise, I agree with everything else. Giroud is an excellent striker and his dribbling is surprisingly good for me too.

Yeah it's almost not worth trying to cross unless you've the perfect situation and lots of free space. You're just going to lose the ball.

I will say though, he is OP from corners if you can get it near him. I'm averaging a goal every second game from one with him which is a huge increase on my usual corner success rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Does anyone have any tactics or go-to's from corners?

I used to score from them quite a bit back when I had De Bruyne taking them and Mane in the best position, but I'm now stuck with Curtis Jones where I want Mane.

Since the last big patch I actually hate getting a corner as I'm finding I'm nearly conceding from them as much as scoring from them, by getting caught on the break despite only have it set to 1 bar.

It's so stupid how you still cannot manually select who you want in what position e.g. who to go on the front post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

BrentMused wrote: »

I used to score from them quite a bit back when I had De Bruyne taking them and Mane in the best position, but I'm now stuck with Curtis Jones where I want Mane.

Since the last big patch I actually hate getting a corner as I'm finding I'm nearly conceding from them as much as scoring from them, by getting caught on the break despite only have it set to 1 bar.

It's so stupid how you still cannot manually select who you want in what position e.g. who to go on the front post.

short corner and work it in or from xampl who brought us the free kick tutorial heres his corner one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPUcnIHOVTM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,338 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Tenks wrote: »
    Yeah it's almost not worth trying to cross unless you've the perfect situation and lots of free space. You're just going to lose the ball.

I will say though, he is OP from corners if you can get it near him. I'm averaging a goal every second game from one with him which is a huge increase on my usual corner success rate.

i find i score at least a goal a game from the r1 crosses to the far post, rw crossing to lw steaming in to score on the volley, if they connect its normally a goal, volleys are OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

It’s such a shame that heading/crossing is still not as good as it once was.. I attempted about 18 crosses the other day and only 3 succeeded.. and that’s with players with 80+ crossing :(

But otherwise, I agree with everything else. Giroud is an excellent striker and his dribbling is surprisingly good for me too.

I think crossing was broken in previous versions, its more balanced in this and actually one of the only realistic parts of the game, everybody remembers players using gervinho and ibarbo down the wings swinging in crosses, it was guaranteed goals and just pure cheese

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Think I've said it on here before, but don't use the shoot button when you cross it in on a corner. Use the pass button (A on Xbox, for example).

I usually try and whip it towards the back corner (which is usually where my VVD is prowling) and then try to aim a pass back across-but-towards the goal.

I can never score headers when I use the shoot button. But on corners, I can get a goal every two or three games using the pass button to aim the header.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

dmigsy wrote: »

These are the corners I'm scoring with Varane in nearly every game. It's a bit ridiculous tbh.

These still work. I score at least every other game with one of them. Short corner, then lofted cross to the back post. More and more people are getting better at closing down the short corner though.

And again just now. I've scored hundreds of these identical goals.

FUT Birthday starting Friday then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Lord TSC wrote: »
    FUT Birthday starting Friday then.

Guess I’ll delay opening any more packs until Friday then, better to open knowing you’re probably not going to pack anything good rather than opening and knowing you ain’t getting anything good

• Advertisement

5-2-1-2 seems off this evening, instead of staying central and in behind, Malen and Boadu are running wide or just standing still acting like target men

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

New MLS Foundation players added as well

dmigsy wrote: »
    And again just now. I've scored hundreds of these identical goals.

Scored 3 of those in 10 games tonight and the opposition keeper pulled off unbelievable saves to deny me another few!

Thanks for posting. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

RedRochey wrote: »
    New MLS Foundation players added as well

That was the easiest objective to complete. The first two guys I played put controller down when I took the lead so I got the finesse and crosses done. Then I went on and won the next 9 games, all that was left was playing the matches, and most people were doing GG so finished it in no time.

Any thoughts or investment opportunities ahead of what may be required for the next batch of Icon Swaps?

For the full nations teams we haven't had Germany yet. France either but France was included in a batch of Squad Battles, whereas Germany hasn't been represented yet at all.

Obviously pure guess work and they'll only pick a couple of full nations teams, but I have my eye on Klostermann. You can get him for about 2.5k on bid and he should double in price if Germany is included. He's the only sub 80 pace gold German CB in the game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Klosterman was a beast at the start and definitely an early meta player so you could see players going back to him for a german team.

Still have 26 Rivals games to play this week but sacrificed them last night to try and get Giroud done as I had literally done none of the objectives - think I only had 1 win and 1 match with a goal so virtually had to do it from scratch.

Just need 2 wins with 2 French players but should have had it by now as had 2 games where it froze and I got disconnected when I was winning 3-1 and 7-1. It registered the objective such getting a goal but didn’t give me the win!!

Should get it done before it expires so hope he’s worth the grind, not sure I’m even going to use him, lol, just doing it because I can

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Boulders8 wrote: »
    Still have 26 Rivals games to play this week but sacrificed them last night to try and get Giroud done as I had literally done none of the objectives - think I only had 1 win and 1 match with a goal so virtually had to do it from scratch.

Just need 2 wins with 2 French players but should have had it by now as had 2 games where it froze and I got disconnected when I was winning 3-1 and 7-1. It registered the objective such getting a goal but didn’t give me the win!!

Should get it done before it expires so hope he’s worth the grind, not sure I’m even going to use him, lol, just doing it because I can

He is class, I play with kluivert and Messi up top but strongly considering switching in giroud

Any thoughts or investment opportunities ahead of what may be required for the next batch of Icon Swaps?

For the full nations teams we haven't had Germany yet. France either but France was included in a batch of Squad Battles, whereas Germany hasn't been represented yet at all.

Obviously pure guess work and they'll only pick a couple of full nations teams, but I have my eye on Klostermann. You can get him for about 2.5k on bid and he should double in price if Germany is included. He's the only sub 80 pace gold German CB in the game!

Worth a punt since there's no real other investment opportunities now with the market so high, IFs still going for 30k, should change tomorrow once the party bag SBC expires

• Advertisement

stuchyg wrote: »
    He is class, I play with kluivert and Messi up top but strongly considering switching in giroud

How do you find Kluivert? I’ve done some of his SBC and was looking at getting him complete but put him on the back burner for the time being as did Cavani and started using him and he’s been really good so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

How do you find Kluivert? I’ve done some of his SBC and was looking at getting him complete but put him on the back burner for the time being as did Cavani and started using him and he’s been really good so far.

He is cumbersome but I'm not a skiller Lethal finisher and scores a lot of headers from corners

Blazer wrote: »
    Klosterman was a beast at the start and definitely an early meta player so you could see players going back to him for a german team.
    Worth a punt since there's no real other investment opportunities now with the market so high, IFs still going for 30k, should change tomorrow once the party bag SBC expires

Bought 200k worth at 2.6k a pop.

Won't exactly get me rich but I won't lose my bollocks either if there's no German interest for the tokens.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭rebelyell99

Hopefully theres a good RW option in fut birthday , getting sick of Robben at this stage , his finesse shots are still unreal but 2 star weak foot and poor passing just lets him down badly at this stage imo .

The stamina loss on constant pressure is a joke.

I played a fella there who was just arsing about with it without threatening the goal.

I was 2 down so played attacking for a good portion and maybe Ultra with constant for 20mins.

With 25mins to go every player has 10% energy, including the back four.
    Wing backs has no bar left. Couldn't run or pass so the 2-2 comeback was in vein as he had 50% energy all around.

Seems like you're just meant to give up trying to pressure someone you're losing against or your pro athlete players wont be able to move anymore.
    By all means take extra stamina for pressing, but having your players being incapable of jogging after a 20mins period of it isnt in any way realistic.
    I wouldn't be that shattered playing on a Sunday morning after a flurry of drink at 2 nights a week training fitness.

Hopefully theres a good RW option in fut birthday , getting sick of Robben at this stage , his finesse shots are still unreal but 2 star weak foot and poor passing just lets him down badly at this stage imo .

Did you not do Van Bergen from the first Eredivisie Foundations? For me he’s the most effective RW I’ve used 5* WF and 96 pace is a lethal combo. Only 76 passing but when he’s that fast just let him run, cut in a smash it - most times will result in a goal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭rebelyell99

Did you not do Van Bergen from the first Eredivisie Foundations? For me he’s the most effective RW I’ve used 5* WF and 96 pace is a lethal combo. Only 76 passing but when he’s that fast just let him run, cut in a smash it - most times will result in a goal
    Yeah i have van Bergen but havent used him much preferred Robben to him ,might give him another go .

Just played a rivals match, great game, we both went on the attack, 5-5 last minute, Malen fouled in the box, its a pen to me, we see the replay, kroos has the ball, only problem is he's placed it 5 yards OUTSIDE the box :)

5-2-1-2 is definitely banjaxed, Malen and Boadu making no runs in behind at all

Yeah i have van Bergen but havent used him much preferred Robben to him ,might give him another go .

Cant agree more with Boulders, Van Bergen is the man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

The stamina loss on constant pressure is a joke.

I played a fella there who was just arsing about with it without threatening the goal.

I was 2 down so played attacking for a good portion and maybe Ultra with constant for 20mins.

With 25mins to go every player has 10% energy, including the back four.
    Wing backs has no bar left. Couldn't run or pass so the 2-2 comeback was in vein as he had 50% energy all around.

Seems like you're just meant to give up trying to pressure someone you're losing against or your pro athlete players wont be able to move anymore.
    By all means take extra stamina for pressing, but having your players being incapable of jogging after a 20mins period of it isnt in any way realistic.
    I wouldn't be that shattered playing on a Sunday morning after a flurry of drink at 2 nights a week training fitness.

Don't ever use constant pressure, as you said it just drains too much stamina needlessly. Use press after possession loss or press on heavy touch on the system when you want to press and then use the high press d-pad instruction when you see the right moment.

Again one for the traders - common golds are currently going for around 350-400 on bid.

When a new player pick SBC comes around, surely they will at least double in price? I think that happened the last time.

Is that not as close to a guarantee of doubling your coins as you could get or could a spanner be thrown in the works?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,764 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Again one for the traders - common golds are currently going for around 350-400 on bid.

When a new player pick SBC comes around, surely they will at least double in price? I think that happened the last time.

Is that not as close to a guarantee of doubling your coins as you could get or could a spanner be thrown in the works?

Yeah I've done this. Bought about 200 from the main leagues, didn't want to clog my transfer list or unassigned so was trying to just buy one of each on bid. Not sure when there will be a new player pick, could be this weekend or could be longer so I thought it was safer to not clog up my list.

AdamD wrote: »
    Yeah I've done this. Bought about 200 from the main leagues, didn't want to clog my transfer list or unassigned so was trying to just buy one of each on bid. Not sure when there will be a new player pick, could be this weekend or could be longer so I thought it was safer to not clog up my list.

Cheers.

Seems as close to a guarantee of doubling your money as you can get!

Consensus online seems to be we will get a new player pick this Sunday perhaps so that would be nice.

Is there any way to have more than 100 on your transfer list or another way of storing duplicates? If not I presume the only way to stock your club with common golds is to buy one of each to avoid duplicates like you suggested?

I'd invest about 1 million into them if I could but trying to find enough unique non-duplicates is a pain! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

What a crappy TOTW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Cunha scored and got motm for Hertha at the weekend and they didn’t give him an IF.

God forbid people’s headliners cunha that they grinded for might go from 84 to 86.

Really makes the objective otw and headliners pointless cos as with ndombele otw last year, they just refuse to upgrade them

That TOTW is just grim

Its a shame the SBCs are destroying IF fodder cause there's some decent options there.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Its a shame the SBCs are destroying IF fodder cause there's some decent options there.

Bam Bam Bamford :D

Clauss, Gunter and Terrier fit the bill nicely as well, hopefully there's some bargains tomorrow during rewards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

His Jens Larsen (who?), 58 finishing, 64 composure, goal. My Mbappe, in literally the same blade of grass with the same angle as Larsen, no defenders within 5 yards, post.

It's so predictable that if your opponent is struggling to get into your half, his first/next shot is a guaranteed goal, while your players will just miss clear chance after clear chance.

Got Benedetto done, but jesus MM.... your opponents will pox a goal if you are winning to make it a draw and then they'll quit as they know they won't win the game. If you get a penalty, then good luck taking it before they quit..... I can't remember how many times both things happened over the last few days.

Still loving the 5212. Only losing games to players much better than me and have a good few wins over players 2150+ with it this week.

Happy with the team now except for RWB. Tried TOTGS Sterling, TOTY TAA and Van Bergen there. None of them feels as good as Kurzawa down the left. Probably needs to be an icon or English to keep Rooney on full chem. Thinking I'll sell TAA and get Mid Nedved to try there.

Also picked up Prime Zambrotta - amazing at LCB. 4* WF is very handy.

image.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

I mentioned this before the last one but silvers is where big coins can be made.

Silver csl players were going for 5/6k in the hour after when the objectives dropped and similarly in a previous one when you could combine French silvers.
    They went high.

Every so often after a game I just pick a league that I think might be used and scoop up a load of silvers at 200.

Mexican league
    Saudi league

Are the ones I’ve picked up most on, also got a few Dutch, mls, liga nos.

It’s a bit boring which is why I do it in small chunks.

People detest squad battles so if there’s any icon swaps that can be combined for squad battles people will pay a few k extra to not have to play 6 more matches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Bam Bam Bamford :D

Clauss, Gunter and Terrier fit the bill nicely as well, hopefully there's some bargains tomorrow during rewards

The absolute gem Bamford :D unfortunately not this time round... 55k for him.

Not sure which storyline player to choose, not sure if really makes any difference since I probably won't use any of them

Not sure which storyline player to choose, not sure if really makes any difference since I probably won't use any of them

De Sciglio's probably the best RB I've used so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Done Suarez and Aspas a while ago, can't mind what sbc they were lol

Suarez 96 goals in 99 games
    Aspas 126 goals in 99 games.

Rivals only, entered two weekend leagues and played about ten games in total over the two.

They're alright like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Did that Flashback Chicharito to use him for the MLS objectives and because he's a former United player & costs very little. Only being 3* 3* is a bit of a killer but his attacking movement is unreal. He is always in the perfect place for a cross. It's probably because of the 97 attacking positioning. Himself and Freeze Nani have made the MLS objectives not feel like a chore.

What would be great is if they could allow us to use some of these objective cards in MM. I've Lima and Bojan, but I can't fit them in because of rating. Have never actually used them since unlocking them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭Liamalone

One might have done the draft token SBC the other day, one might have entered.

Cantona 93 CF .... He's alright, good team motivator, vocal in the dressing room. 4 goals on debut. Cheat code.

Aspas!!

That Machis RTTF card looks very good if you run a la liga team, might pick him up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,338 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Liamalone wrote: »
    Done Suarez and Aspas a while ago, can't mind what sbc they were lol

Suarez 96 goals in 99 games
    Aspas 126 goals in 99 games.

Rivals only, entered two weekend leagues and played about ten games in total over the two.

They're alright like.

Is that moments Suarez ? He’s a beast !

Couldn’t get Aspas going but as a Liverpool fan I’m not positively predisposed towards him :D

Red Picks:
    81 Terrier
    84 Leibold
    78 Tchouaemeni

79 Montipo
    81 Zoet
    81 Dest

Took Tchou and Dest. Took the former because I'm massively lacking Ligue 1 players for Icon Swaps, so the lower rating suits a bit more than the higher ones.

WL Packs: 3 84s, nothing of note.

Rival Rewards: 2 83s and nothing else of note.

What an awful week :D

• Advertisement

Took the tradeable rival rewards packs by mistake, my god what pile of c*ap, base Daley Blind the best card and iv'e got 3 of them in my last 5 pack openings, now 4 in 6

Advertisement