Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

So, I've got my 30 games in Rivals done.
    Most of the Mbappe objectives done.
    Most of the other non co-op ones done too.

And weirdly, because there's the cap on the rivals games, I'm already losing motivation to play this week....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,834 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Lord TSC wrote: »
    So, I've got my 30 games in Rivals done.
    Most of the Mbappe objectives done.
    Most of the other non co-op ones done too.

And weirdly, because there's the cap on the rivals games, I'm already losing motivation to play this week....

We just need some objective players, early access is nice for the boost but the game really doesn't start until Friday. Still think the fact they're not starting Icon Swaps til December is ridiculous though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

We just need some objective players, early access is nice for the boost but the game really doesn't start until Friday. Still think the fact they're not starting Icon Swaps til December is ridiculous though.

i dont think there will be enough of us on the same console, but we need to get a co-op tourney or something going for the laugh :D

edit: i still have like 25 rivals games to play but im fcking around in the market and looking at players to buy and sell like a mad man

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Enjoying coop rivals etc with friends, makes rivals somewhat bareable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

You guys might already know about this, but the below is a really effective way of scoring goals.

I used crosses quite a bit last year despite them not being up to much, but this year crossing seems really OP and I’m scoring a hell of a lot from it.

I’d imagine they’ll patch it to reduce the effectiveness so probably no point getting too attached to it, but it certainly works at the moment!

https://twitter.com/thefifaanalyst/status/1313109095298347008?s=21

• Advertisement

BrentMused wrote: »
    You guys might already know about this, but the below is a really effective way of scoring goals.

I used crosses quite a bit last year despite them not being up to much, but this year using this seems really OP and I’m scoring a hell of a lot from it.

I’d imagine they’ll patch it to reduce the effectiveness so probably no point getting too attached to it, but it certainly works at the moment!

https://twitter.com/thefifaanalyst/status/1313109095298347008?s=21

its not even that its too effective, its that it literally seems to be causing glitches ive seen 2 or 3 ogs from this + the keepers just kind of parry it right into the middle of the 6 yard box if you do it right at the end line etc its a madness :D

My latest attempt to fix my defence

fbVVJLR.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Still think the fact they're not starting Icon Swaps til December is ridiculous though.

Yeah I can't understand that either. Means we have two months with no real long term objectives unless they make the Milestone players very worthwhile, which they won't.

Any recommendations for CAM in a 4231 prem team

Could have a 600k budget, was thinking normal Bruno next week when he has been in packs for a while, but also looking at some low icons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

Anyone need someone for coop games on ps4?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Frisbee wrote: »
    Yeah I can't understand that either. Means we have two months with no real long term objectives unless they make the Milestone players very worthwhile, which they won't.

Good with anyone that has invested in baby icons though ;)

Rossi IRL wrote: »

Could have a 600k budget, was thinking normal Bruno next week when he has been in packs for a while, but also looking at some low icons.

Ziyech is really good.

I was on the fence about trying him due to his 2 star weak foot but asked about him on here yesterday and he was highly recommended.

The ball sticks to his feet and he’s so light and agile he glides around the pitch. His passing and through balls to the striker are very effective. He had something like 6 goals and 8 assists in my 5 Rivals placement games last night.

With that sort of budget though it’s hard to look past De Bruyne.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

I'm using Havertz at the moment and find him very good.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Try out Ziyech and sure if you don't like him you could sell and get someone more expensive.

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Try out Ziyech and sure if you don't like him you could sell and get someone more expensive.

Will try Ziyech first, been using Alli.

Thanks for the advice lads

Will try Ziyech first, been using Alli.

Thanks for the advice lads

He sh1ts all over Alli!! I have them both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Anyone know when they are going to update the squads to include missing players?

I went to build my Japanese team only to find Nagatomo isn't in FUT, despite him playing for Marseille. Seems like a bit of an oversight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

What goalkeeper instrcutions are people using, I found "comes for crosses" and "sweeper keeper" worked well in Fifa 20 but i'm getting absolutely creamed in Fifa 21, has anyone reverted to "cautious with crosses" and did it make any difference? Using "balanced" for defense, not drop back ...

Arciphel wrote: »
    What goalkeeper instrcutions are people using, I found "comes for crosses" and "sweeper keeper" worked well in Fifa 20 but i'm getting absolutely creamed in Fifa 21, has anyone reverted to "cautious with crosses" and did it make any difference? Using "balanced" for defense, not drop back ...

Keepers are like wet paper bags in this game!!

totw 2 leaked apparently

EjvBjBGWkAQerJy?format=jpg&name=900x900

got a couple of saint maximins last night at 47k and 48k he was back up to 60k before this was leaked now am i annoyed i put so much into fati when there was a good supply of saints at that price last night:mad:

• Advertisement

bruno fernandes inform seems to be getting panic sold for some reason, let it come a but lower and use him for a while he will go back up.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

So, whats everyone taking in rewards tomorrow?

I'll see what the coin total is but I'm thinking it might be safer to take the coins and buy a 30k player, rather than risk packs...

Going untradeable and saving for OTW, looking like Div 3 Rank 1 so 4xRare Megas and 2xRare Electrums

I know the game isn't even technically out yet but even still, this is definitely the longest it's ever taken me to "learn" a new fifa, I've played probably 50 games already and for the most part I feel totally helpless, can't defend for shít and my attacking isn't much better.

I know the game isn't even technically out yet but even still, this is definitely the longest it's ever taken me to "learn" a new fifa, I've played probably 50 games already and for the most part I feel totally helpless, can't defend for shít and my attacking isn't much better.

how have you been with the rb dribbling ? im still horrific at creative runs i seem to be doing skill moves every time i try to trigger one. passing etc clicked with me last night and ive not lost since. try take a bit more time on the ball rather than one touch passing, i find im losing the ball more when im attempting to ping it around.

The more I use these menus the more it boggles my mind that someone was actually paid to redesign them and this is what they came up with, it takes so long to do anything and there's so much empty space you have to click through to get anywhere.

Take the Transfers tab for example, hover over "Transfer List" and you get this big massive box that takes up 1/3rd of the screen and all it does is display 2 numbers. To the right of it we have a big box telling us what the transfer market is (???), and we have to click on "Transfer List" and go to a second page to actually see the list.

L6nXqVE.jpg

How about instead of all that space wasted on nothing they just show your transfer list in that box when you hover over "Transfer List"

FRoTjvk.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Jesus lads, how are people accumulating so many coins!

How long do the regular gold cards remain usable for usually in a game cycle, guys?

The reason I ask is because I have my eye on Mane for my PL team. I’m happy with my team but if there is one position I could improve on it would be the left winger and the reviews I’ve read on him are glowing (as you’d expect for someone that price I suppose!).

However, I don’t want a situation where I put all my focus into saving up for him for the next couple of weeks and drop 400k on a player who will be eclipsed a few weeks afterwards.

Would someone like him be usable for months even if it took me another 2 or 3 weeks to get him?

Took untradable rewards, got 2 50k packs for O2W on Friday

• Advertisement

I don't know what they done to the game with the patch they released yesterday but I've been struggling to score since.

I'm letting in just as much as I was but can't score to save my life anymore. Oh and if anyone is thinking of getting Tomori as a cheap defender, he's given away so many penalties for nothing.

I was having fun with the game on Tuesday now I'm not.

Advertisement