Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Gone 8-0 in the rivals the last two days, everyone just playing with what appear untraceable cards has really levelled the playing field.

Put together an arsenal past and present team

Leno
    87 Cole, moments Campbell, 84 SIF Tierney
    91 Pires, 88 petit, 86 partey, 90 ozil, 86 pepe
    Moments Wright, 90 podolski

Went 0-9 and dropped from div 3 to div 5 and had to sell them all, the team should have been more than capable of holding its own, shows the flaws in the game mechanics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

stuchyg wrote: »
    Gone 8-0 in the rivals the last two days, everyone just playing with what appear untraceable cards has really levelled the playing field.

Put together an arsenal past and present team

Leno
    87 Cole, moments Campbell, 84 SIF Tierney
    91 Pires, 88 petit, 86 partey, 90 ozil, 86 pepe
    Moments Wright, 90 podolski

Went 0-9 and dropped from div 3 to div 5 and had to sell them all, the team should have been more than capable of holding its own, shows the flaws in the game mechanics

I did the same last year with a prime moments team which included R94.
    A team which included Linkeker, Zola, Ballack, Petit, Carlos and a few others....
    I sold the tradeable ones after about 5 games...absolutely farcical.
    Ah well definitely my last fifa this time around (until it comes to gamepass).
    Back on PC this week and xbox is going bye bye.

Now why am I getting a hint of deja vu?:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Tots squads seem to be reduced from 20 to 15.

Amazing how they take take take away from the game progressively

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Tots squads seem to be reduced from 20 to 15.

Amazing how they take take take away from the game progressively

Guaranteed that some of the 15 will be repeats from TOTS Community

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Scraped players together to do the icon pack. Shearer. I put better players in ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

A mountain of fodder coupled with lack of content and declining interest in the game this week led me to try another Prime Icon SBC.

Vieri. Ugh.

Decided to try one more and out popped Dalglish.

Looks a great card but leaves me with a bit of a selection headache as I already have Prime Cantona. In the few games I tried Cantona as a CAM he's way, way better as an ST and obviously Dalglish can't play the CAM role with his passing.

Delighted with the pull but I'll have to adjust my game or experiment with a 2 striker formation to get the best out of both I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Parawind wrote: »
    I assume the problem is now since they use AWS they can scale down the number of servers based on their projected number of players. So even when the player base is low they will lower the number of servers in use to save costs but they always under estimate how much server capacity they require.

This is the problem, its not about getting disconnected. That basically never happens and the lag is not as visible as previous years as they utilize lag compensation. So instead of visible lag the game looks normal but your players don't respond the way they should.

The common examples of it are:
    • Passes are under and over hit dramatically by players with 99 passing & vision under no pressure.
    • Your players range of Left stick turning feels far more restricted.
    • Players step out of position incorrectly, to cut off passing lanes or anticipate interception opportunities that don't make sense.
    • Skill Moves fail to execute correctly
    • RB/R1 dribbling does respond correctly
    • Player switching is delayed and sometimes switching to less ideal defenders.
    • Players who are closer to the ball and should be favorites to pick up lose possession don't react.
    • Players don't jostle even when you are right on top of the player in possession, in situations where you would normally take possession or have the player under pressure.
    • Timing of headers is off
    • Extremely difficult to apply pressure to your opponents (down to reduced speed and range of movement)
    • Acceleration and Sprint Speed of players seems to be reduced. (Players with 99 Acc & SS getting outpaced by players with 85 Acc & SS in a straight footrace for the ball)

I'm sure there are more too, but those are some of the most impacting. So you can see why people pull there hair out. When you are playing against top skill players you can't compensate for all of that. It is also really clear that most times your opponent is able to play the game normally as you can see they are able to do things so much quicker then you.

Most people don't notice or think its just bad luck or high pressure etc. But when you are playing at the higher levels with and against god tier squads its really obvious when it happens because a single player out of position or misplaced pass or mistimed run has a huge impact and can be the difference between winning and losing.

Can I genuinely ask why You still play this game to the extent that You obviously do? It's been broken in various facets for YEARS. I play here and there now, tis enjoyable because it's only a game then, not my life. I got beaten 93 million times in a row last week, two weeks ago, not one frack did I care.

I do miss it a bit, but the awfulness of the game makes me see sense.

Rant over.

Edit: I played loads the past years.

I might regret this if they drop something big tonight or tomorrow night, but I decided to cash in on my IF's and other investments.

I had been holding for about 3 weeks and it didn't seem like they were ever really going to take off, and with the market crash ahead of TOTS, there's a couple of players I want that are now within reach if I had the coins available.

That said, I still made an average profit of just under 4k per card for a total profit of circa 300,000 after tax. It's about a quarter of what I expected if the IF's had gone the same way as they did during their big rise last month, but still not too shabby.

I badly need to improve at CB and RAM, so PIM Cannavaro and FUT Birthday Atal have now joined the club! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Liamalone wrote: »
    Can I genuinely ask why You still play this game to the extent that You obviously do? It's been broken in various facets for YEARS. I play here and there now, tis enjoyable because it's only a game then, not my life. I got beaten 93 million times in a row last week, two weeks ago, not one frack did I care.

I do miss it a bit, but the awfulness of the game makes me see sense.

Rant over.

Edit: I played loads the past years.

Its a fair question. But I actually enjoy the gameplay in this years game and to myself a lot of the content is new as I didn't really engage much with FUT for the past 2-3 years until FIFA 21 & lockdown.

Everything I listed in that post isn't a problem per say, those are just the side affects of one single larger problem. It is extremely frustrating however even in spite of that impact, I still win more games then I lose which obviously keeps me coming back. When you do experience the good gameplay, the games are really enjoyable and you can be very creative with your play too.

I also do enjoy the challenge of defending manually and I do it with actual Centre Backs too which might give you an indication that I also have somewhat masochistic tendencies. :D

• Advertisement

a lot of my losses are doing stupid things..
    like trying to play a long pass with Campbell the other day and I immediately knew I was screwed as he was out of position, gave the ball away and my opponent got to the ball and scored.
    Some games I just switch off and you instantly know you're doomed :D

Blazer wrote: »
    a lot of my losses are doing stupid things..
    like trying to play a long pass with Campbell the other day and I immediately knew I was screwed as he was out of position, gave the ball away and my opponent got to the ball and scored.
    Some games I just switch off and you instantly know you're doomed :D

Yeah awareness of the player you are controlling and their limitations is key. Even moments Sol Campbell only has 70 long passing and 58 Vision, I wouldn't be playing more then a 10 yard pass with those stats.

Also something that has become very obvious to me is that when you or your opponent gives away possession with a pass from defender. After you have turned over possession that player or the next player he passes too has a far greater chance of scoring. Its easier to get a shot away and generally they are more accurate and hit with more power.

Its like the game says the attacker is now on the front foot for the next 15-20 seconds or until you make 2 passes. Pass to a third player and things are back to normal.

Parawind wrote: »
    Its a fair question. But I actually enjoy the gameplay in this years game.

Apologies for sticking it to ye lol, this thread is just a moanfest this year. Every weekend moan moan moan, every Thursday moan moan moan. Nowt against yourself in particular, it's everyone, even Blazer lol :P

Apologies for sticking it to ye lol, this thread is just a moanfest this year. Every weekend moan moan moan, every Thursday moan moan moan. Nowt against yourself in particular, it's everyone, even Blazer lol :P

lol I'll take that as a compliment in that I rarely moan :D

But aren't you always moaning also?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

You only seem to post on here to complain about people moaning. A meta-moaner.

• Advertisement

It's Inception style moaning, you're now moaning about me moaning about folk moaning lol. So many levels, so much moaning. Keep an eye on it, you'll see the pattern.

It's Inception style moaning, you're now moaning about me moaning about folk moaning lol. So many levels, so much moaning. Keep an eye on it, you'll see the pattern.

but who moaned first? :D

I'm going for Jayo :D

I'm going for Jayo :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Can we stick to the topic please and not let this moaning get out of hand!!

Don't make me dust off the ban hammer :cool:

• Advertisement

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Can we stick to the topic please and not let this moaning get out of hand!!

Don't make me dust off the ban hammer :cool:

I say it was Mr Moan..I mean Moon

Haha i'm thicker skinned then that don't worry. It less like moaning and more like exchanging painful stories at an AA support group. :D

What's the quickest way to get the FUT Friendly wins these days lads?

I have about 60 to do in order to get the Jumbo Players and Ultimate Packs from the FUT Friendly milestones, and they'd be good to have for TOTS.

Put together a One League team as if I'm doing Icon Swaps and blast through them hoping for golden goal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Can I genuinely ask why You still follow this thread to the extent that You obviously do? It's been a moanfest in various facets for YEARS. I follow it here and there now, tis enjoyable because it's only a thread then, not my life. I followed it 93 million times in a row last week, two weeks ago i moaned, not one frack did I care.

I do miss it a bit, but the awfulness of the thread makes me see sense.

Rant over.

Ps.... ADAPTED FROM THE WISE WORDS OF LIAMALONE

BrentMused wrote: »
    What's the quickest way to get the FUT Friendly wins these days lads?

I have about 60 to do in order to get the Jumbo Players and Ultimate Packs from the FUT Friendly milestones, and they'd be good to have for TOTS.

Put together a One League team as if I'm doing Icon Swaps and blast through them hoping for golden goal?

is it really worth doing 60 matches for those packs?
    I had thought of doing it including the league packs and then said to hell with it.
    Not a chance am I wasting my time with those.

is it really worth doing 60 matches for those packs?
    I had thought of doing it including the league packs and then said to hell with it.
    Not a chance am I wasting my time with those.

What packs ever are, but with golden goal it should be quick enough?

To experiment I started shortly after posting on here. Put together a PL One League team as that's the league I have the best players in.

I literally got 10 wins done in 11 games, all golden goal. The 1 I didn't get was because I quit at 2-0 up once it became clear my opponent didn't want to do golden goal (which is fair enough).

There's no content of interest at all so for the sake of a few hours over the next week or so it's probably worth it for 225,000 worth of packs ahead of TOTS.

might give it a shot then maybe although my pc is arriving tomorrow and getting back into dayz.
    fifa will rapidly drop down in my gaming time.

might give it a shot then maybe although my pc is arriving tomorrow and getting back into dayz.
    fifa will rapidly drop down in my gaming time.

Don't get me wrong, if there was literally anything else to do on the game at the moment I wouldn't be doing this, but it will end up being a hell of a lot quicker than it seems and it is 225,000 worth of packs I suppose.

Watch Tadic be the best thing in both now! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Does this weekend’s wl give tots red picks?
    I had it in my head that they only started for prem and not community tots.

But I’m assuming with the fut champs logo on the welcome screen now it means they’re in the red picks?

I’m off work Friday so would probably play this weekend if I know for def it’s tots picks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Does this weekend’s wl give tots red picks?
    I had it in my head that they only started for prem and not community tots.

But I’m assuming with the fut champs logo on the welcome screen now it means they’re in the red picks?

I’m off work Friday so would probably play this weekend if I know for def it’s tots picks

Yeah there will be Community TOTS red picks. Last year I got Mitrovic and Thiago TOTS picks from Gold 3.

EDIT: Mitro was from the EFL one obviously which is grouped together with the Community TOTS.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Given behaviour this year, I’m waiting for EA to announce something that takes tots out of red picks...

Pitty that greenwood inform wasnt a few months ago it would of been a cool card to use.

Nsame and Voland. Can’t complain bout such high rated fodder at this point. I’d have liked Red Greenwood for the United team but cest la vie.

Don’t usually save packs but will this week ahead of TOTS. Probably going to start shifting some of my Hennessy cards during the week too and see about investing in one or two high rated icons to boost my chances of getting TOTS Reds.

Yeah I'm saving packs too. Going to save them for PL TOTS next week and should have 50+ to open at that point with about half of them being of decent value.

From what I've read and what I remember in previous years (didn't play 20 until after TOTS was released) the pack weight for TOTS pulls is actually pretty decent?

I'm looking forward to making a few more useable squads with different players from different leagues I never would have used prior to TOTS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

BrentMused wrote:
    From what I've read and what I remember in previous years (didn't play 20 until after TOTS was released) the pack weight for TOTS pulls is actually pretty decent?

It's ****e until utots being honest. Have a feeling they're really going to screw us over this year too.

G2 Rewards:

86 Nsame
    81 Trimmel
    82 Maclaren
    83 Kjaer

84 Lucas Paqueta
    82 Maclaren
    81 Omlin
    77 Johnson

I remember packing a tonne of them last year, but it was incredibly easy to self sustain SBCs. You could cycle through league SBCs for next to nothing (and usually turn a decent profit), put the league player cards into guaranteed TOTS cards, and get a few free each week.

Removing the league SBC players though will make it a lot harder this year. On the other hand, player pick SBCs are more common too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Does the premiership TOTS always come after the community? So it'll start on the 30th?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Silver 2. Got red greenwood. Happy with that he slots in nicely in my underpowered team lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,276 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

tell you what, i bloody hate that fut birthday palacio, every time i play a team with him he scores,

with his annoying little rats tail

Cyrus wrote: »
    tell you what, i bloody hate that fut birthday palacio, every time i play a team with him he scores,

Was thinking same myself ha

Cyrus wrote: »

jayo26 wrote: »
    Was thinking same myself ha

I always say that when I see moments Dybala, he always scores on me!!

Another absolute monster that destroys me every game and nothing stands out as been crazy about his stats for me.

Yes! He’s someone I regret not doing cause he’s always someone who mauls me. He’s insane.

• Advertisement

I’m tempted to get PIM Roberto Carlos for LB but also for his free kicks as none of my usual players are really good and with the players I have , I do end up getting a lot of free kicks.

I’m thinking him and Zambrotta. (Zam to replace Campbell obviously)
    I’d love Moments Puskas but that would mean moving Mbappe to LAM and he’s really stepped up now as I get to grips with him.
    And now with Eusebio and Neres all 3 match Puskas’s goals contribution (combined).
    So I think a LB , CB and I’m good?

DC8-FB013-234-E-4-D13-B524-AAB6-DD368871.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Couldn't resist building a new team with the market crash. Downloading the game again now :rolleyes:

image.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,276 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

That’s the most addictive part

I’ve sold mbappe and neymar and bought prime figo and cr7

Anyone on PS5 suffering with really bad speed up lag since the update a few days ago?

I've had virtually no issues up until now, but every game mode has become unplayable with the constant lag and then speed up.

From searching online it seems to be a fairly common issue but yet with no real solutions as of yet.

I've tried wired, unwired, resetting everything, deleting my WiFi connection and doing that again, all with no luck.

Really at my wits end with it now. Every other game and device is fine :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Attackers only icon pack? Could be interesting. First we’ve ever seen of it. Also, came up against a guy with moments Dinho off the bench... never been jealous of a team before, but was jealous of Dinho. He wasn’t very good, rage quit 4-1 down but Dinho’s ponytail prancing round the pitch is enough to make any man happy.

https://twitter.com/futwatch/status/1385333114579394563?s=21

• Advertisement
Advertisement