Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Mr Moon wrote: »
    I don't know what they done to the game with the patch they released yesterday but I've been struggling to score since.

I'm letting in just as much as I was but can't score to save my life anymore. Oh and if anyone is thinking of getting Tomori as a cheap defender, he's given away so many penalties for nothing.

I was having fun with the game on Tuesday now I'm not.
    give it another month and it will be just the same as all the other FIFA’s . Pace will be absolute.
    Got Ben Yedder in my untradeables. Reckon he’ll be ridiculous.

Also is the game free for EA player on Xbox?
    I’ve reckon I’m nearing the 10 hour but yet to see any reminders since the 7 hour mark.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Screw it, untradeable, here we go! Bring in that disappointment!

Alison! Griezmann!
    IF Angel.

A lot of 84s to so my bench is wicked now. Happy. Have to work out something for Griezmann now.

Alison and Griezmann means I can sell DDG and Jimenez too, so will have as many coins back as I could have taken without packs too. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Currently using ea play, if I pre order ultimate edition through psn do I have access it straight away?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

co-op objectives without any way to get a random co-op partner seems ridiculous. I understand they are trying to get customers to do their marketing and sales hustle for them but it's petty imo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Iago wrote: »
    co-op objectives without any way to get a random co-op partner seems ridiculous. I understand they are trying to get customers to do their marketing and sales hustle for them but it's petty imo

I got the early access pack done last night, an absolute waste of time. You're right though, you should be able to match with a random person.

Gonna hold off until tomorrow to open the Rivals packs. Have 4 mega packs and 4 jumbos to open.

My biggest gripe with the game is defending at the moment. Once the ball is in my box I find it impossible, it seems all the opposition has to do is a skill move and my defenders are left for dead.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

phobia2011 wrote: »
    Currently using ea play, if I pre order ultimate edition through psn do I have access it straight away?

Yes, ultimate edition gives you early access so you'll be able to play straight away.

Has anyone managed to use the new creative runs features yet? I can't seem to activate them (not the L3 & R3 one), then when I don't want to I see the green lines showing up.

I'm pressing L1 and flicking the R3 toggle but they just don't do it maybe they're not the correct buttons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Has anyone managed to use the new creative runs features yet? I can't seem to activate them (not the L3 & R3 one), then when I don't want to I see the green lines showing up.

I'm pressing L1 and flicking the R3 toggle but they just don't do it maybe they're not the correct buttons.

I haven't had the chance to test it out yet, but i came across this video talking about it and seems to do a pretty good job of explaining how to use them.

https://youtu.be/zkFyj062H5c

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

So what's people's opinion of the game and how it plays? Have they fixed any of the old problems, or is it still a headf**k?

So question for ye. Never played this before but iv packed son and sane. Iv no use for either but from what I understand prices will rise on players in the morning right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

how could you have no use for son

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Packed Son yesterday too. Plan to hold him until the first WL as he will rise like a MF.

seamie78 wrote: »
    how could you have no use for son

Probably a lack of ability on my part as of yet tbh. Il probably hold him for now and he will be better as I improve. Another question for ye. How important is individual and team chemistry like should I go nowhere near a guy if hes not comparable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,834 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Only one I've really gotten the hang of is the give and go, flicking the right stick in a direction just as you pass the ball to send the passer running in that direction.

Probably a lack of ability on my part as of yet tbh. Il probably hold him for now and he will be better as I improve. Another question for ye. How important is individual and team chemistry like should I go nowhere near a guy if hes not comparable

Both individual chem and team chem are pretty important as it affects how much of a stats boost players receive. But don't obsess about having everyone on 10s and green links everywhere.

You can use a site like futbin.com to see the exact stat impact of both team and individual player chemistry and thats a good place to start. Lets you create squads on their team builder too so you can see if a team will link well before you go spending any coins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Prices for almost everything have dropped through the floor. :eek:

I know it will/should bounce back a bit next week but those who have a lot of coins invested must be getting worried?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

BrentMused wrote: »

I know it will/should bounce back a bit next week but those who have a lot of coins invested must be getting worried?

Not me, I’m buying more :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,834 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Torres just keeps going up, currently 600k in the green with him :D

Prices will drop because of Rivals rewards. It will happen every Thursday.

Will go back up on Fridays once Weekend League starts.

Started upgrading my team. And given how last year I constantly had coins because it started throwing untradeables at you, I started spending a bit....

Upgraded Kane to IF Kane. Which required Alli to come in for chemistry.

Griezmann at CAM meant grabbing Benzema was a natural fit, which led to Kroos, which led to Marcelo, which lead to Casemiro, which led to Milato :P

So running this now....

4MQQlA2.png?1

Will look to upgrade Luiz next. Possibly look to get an icon of some sort for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

have lost chunks on donny van de beek and marcus llorente :D it should bounce back a little bit tonight with everyone else getting the game and doing their rivals placements etc but market might crash again like the other night :D

running this atm div 2, 102 points from div 1 and gonna get varane for militao and kante for allan at some stage today i think.

da7b16863b5c175287f6e60bb7d5f362.jpg

• Advertisement

Considered running Mendy on the right too? 5 star weak foot same as Dembele.

I am running them both on the right with Alba and Hazard on the left.

I see everyone running Militao, has anyone tried Lenglet too? How do they compare?

OTW Team One

https://i.redd.it/13wfpidsjwr51.jpg

Uuuuh, I am very happy I preordered to get a free one now. Even the worst of them have decent chances...

Lord TSC wrote: »
    OTW Team One

https://i.redd.it/13wfpidsjwr51.jpg

Uuuuh, I am very happy I preordered to get a free one now. Even the worst of them have decent chances...

Wow, that’s a great list for pre-orders!

I’d be thrilled with any of the PL players. The only two I wouldn’t be too bothered about are Odegaard or Osimhen. I wouldn’t be able to fit Hakimi in either but he’d be a nice super sub.

Havertz, Sane, Thiago, Semedo and Rodrigo will be in team 2 then so also some good options there but I think I’ll have to open my for team 1.

Saw people moaning about the HUD the other day and it’s so funny how poorly playtested it is.

If you go to the “play” section and go all the way right to single player draft, and then ty to go back all the way left to Squad battles, the tiles don’t move back and you can’t see the squad at toes option anymore :S

That’s a really basic thing to miss....

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Pizzle

Has anyone tried Keven De Bruyne this year? Was looking at him in the CAM position. I would have to sell off a few players to get him and not sure if it's better to do pull the trigger now or wait a few more days. Are prices likely to rise or fall today with the full release?

Pizzle wrote: »
    Has anyone tried Keven De Bruyne this year? Was looking at him in the CAM position. I would have to sell off a few players to get him and not sure if it's better to do pull the trigger now or wait a few more days. Are prices likely to rise or fall today with the full release?

Haven’t tried him myself as I’m trying to save everything I get for Mane, but he’s getting rave reviews online and from YouTubers/streamers.

Can shoot with both feet and superb passing although you’d expect that for 300,000.

He’ll be the next upgrade I get in for my team after Mane.

De Bruyne is a meta player in a popular league so I can’t see him falling much further and if anything I’d suggest he’d rise.

Pizzle wrote: »

Prices are at their lowest at the minute, I can only see them rising today when everyone has the game and looking to build a meta team.

DCL confirmed as Prem League POTM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Is Weekend League running today?

• Advertisement

DCL confirmed as Prem League POTM

83 and 84 squad needed, with one TOTW
    Is Weekend League running today?

No, they give it a week or two, since the game offically launched today. No one has any time to qualify :P

Advertisement