Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Why do the keepers who race out of box and clean out a striker last man not getting red cards?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Completely forgot I had that EOAE Rooney card as I never use him in my main team.

Might stick a shadow on him and try him as a balanced/box to box CDM instead of FS Curtis Jones to freshen things up.

Defensively I'm not sure if he'll be good enough but I note a lot of people play him in that role and like him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Proper trolled by EA. Open a pack. TOTS Flares.

CB

Portuguese.

"Ruben Dias - Nice."

Some 85 rated Bolton defender. :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Why do the keepers who race out of box and clean out a striker last man not getting red cards?

I'm not sure it's actually possible for keepers to get sent off. I'd presume they can't be bothered trying to figure out how to handle it in game, so instead just code it that it can't happen. Same with goalkeepers handling the ball outside the box. I've seen it happen a few times where the keeper will use his hands to block shots outside the box, but the game ignores it.

Mind, I would hate being punished for things that AI do like that so I can understand why it's coded like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Frisbee wrote: »
    Proper trolled by EA. Open a pack. TOTS Flares.

CB

Portuguese.

"Ruben Dias - Nice."

Some 85 rated Bolton defender. :(

Might seem like a troll and is tough to link but he is actually a really decent card.

6'5" with 99 agility, strength & composure.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I'm not sure it's actually possible for keepers to get sent off. I'd presume they can't be bothered trying to figure out how to handle it in game, so instead just code it that it can't happen. Same with goalkeepers handling the ball outside the box. I've seen it happen a few times where the keeper will use his hands to block shots outside the box, but the game ignores it.

Mind, I would hate being punished for things that AI do like that so I can understand why it's coded like that.

Yeah I think so too. Can understand the handballs one but when you have a striker running through clear at halfway and they take their keeper off the line, I step past the keeper, a good 10 yards outside box and then the keeper just creams me. No card, and a free when I was going to score. I think that should be punished. Doesn't happen often but when it does its annoying :D

Ah here! First world problems and all that, but I just packed a second untradeable TOTS Cancelo. Upside, at least that's the player ready for an SBC, but it's adds to my theory that you're more likely to pack a card you already packed.

Got him from one of the PL Upgrades. Him and IF Evans popped up in my second pack. First pack was Mane and Laporte. So they're paying out a bit this morning anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Rare Players Pack - 9% chance of a TOTs, blue flares, England flag, it’s happening I think - Rashford, Kane, Vardy or Mount, I’ll take any of them, CAM position - dammit no English CAM in TOTs. Out walks Jay from Exeter from EFL 4, he can keep walking straight into the PL guarantee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,764 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Jim Gazebo wrote: »

Counted 4 times this weekend I was hacked down by a defender clean through on goal only to see them get a yellow. No idea how they have this problem when it worked perfectly on earlier Fifas

AdamD wrote: »
    Counted 4 times this weekend I was hacked down by a defender clean through on goal only to see them get a yellow. No idea how they have this problem when it worked perfectly on earlier Fifas

It even worked perfectly earlier this year! They obviously changed it to suit people I dunno.

• Advertisement

I will say I prefer it this way to the old, over sensitive way. There was so many stupid red cards earlier in the season where the AI basically screwed you. From a gameplay perspective, I'd rather it's a bit lenient, rather than overly harsh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Worst weekend ever!! Silver 2 😭 found every game an absolute slog. Plus internet crashed 4 times in 4 games i was winning. Only good thing that happened was i packed PIM Shearer..... That says how bad weekend was 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

TOTS Shaw from the lib mega rare pack. Might need to rework my la liga team a bit now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

AdamD wrote: »

I also reckon its partly due to the defenders all having near perfect stats now where the game is more likely to register it as a mistimed attempt to win the ball.

I am a firm believer that there should be way more yellow and red cards in the game. I normally finish a game where my opponents have missed 30-40 tackles and maybe only 5-10 of them register as fouls, so they finish the game with a single yellow card (sometimes 2 at a push).

I have always prided myself for my clean tackling manual defending, but there is really no reward for defending this way, when the opponent can take out your players off the ball in the middle of the park on every counter.

Rare Players Pack - 9% chance of a TOTs, blue flares, England flag, it’s happening I think - Rashford, Kane, Vardy or Mount, I’ll take any of them, CAM position - dammit no English CAM in TOTs. Out walks Jay from Exeter from EFL 4, he can keep walking straight into the PL guarantee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Boulders8 wrote: »

I’m getting deja vu.

I’m getting deja vu.

I have no idea why my post got repeated???

Really weird game just there. Was finishing off my last few game for the Rodri Objectives, didn't need wins just the goals. Score after about ten minutes and just rubber band it. Your man proceeds to win 12-1. But he had TOTS Rodri in his team, so there was literally no reason for him to be playing that game mode :confused:

Only thing I could think of was the 300 Friendly Wins objective but I mean would you be arsed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Frisbee wrote: »
    Really weird game just there. Was finishing off my last few game for the Rodri Objectives, didn't need wins just the goals. Score after about ten minutes and just rubber band it. Your man proceeds to win 12-1. But he had TOTS Rodri in his team, so there was literally no reason for him to be playing that game mode :confused:

Only thing I could think of was the 300 Friendly Wins objective but I mean would you be arsed?

There are nice packs available for the milestone so that will draw a large portion of the user base to complete them for the chance at a PL TOTS player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭rebelyell99

Finished gold 3 this week again .I absolutely hate coming up against timo Werner ,the ammount of times the ball cannons off your defender right into his path is crazy ,its a bit ridiculous an 85 rated card is that overpowered at this stage of the game.

Picked up 91 Owen last last night, just wanted an English player for the Bamford objective so replaced Mbabbe.

I scored 8 in 4 games with him and I was a bit worse for wear as it was 2am+ with a few beers.

If he scores at that rate over the next few games I'll just keep him.
    Finished gold 3 this week again .I absolutely hate coming up against timo Werner ,the ammount of times the ball cannons off your defender right into his path is crazy ,its a bit ridiculous an 85 rated card is that overpowered at this stage of the game.

Cant say I see him much.

But I'll see your Werner and raise you a gold 82 Nick Pope.

People using an 82 goalie, who then plays better than the 90+ is a different kettle of fish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

I'd say Werner hasn't been overpowered since November. Rarely see him at all any more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

dmigsy wrote:
    I'd say Werner hasn't been overpowered since November. Rarely see him at all any more.

Haven't seen him since November I can honestly say.

A couple of Saudi TOTs available via objectives and SBC - look pretty easy to do/cheap and will be useful for the PL Guaranteed TOTs when that comes around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

A couple of Saudi TOTs available via objectives and SBC - look pretty easy to do/cheap and will be useful for the PL Guaranteed TOTs when that comes around

And it only requires 6 squad battles/rivals games... unlike the 12 for Bamford :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I did the Zambrotta moments card. Fed up throwing all my fodder into doing stuff i get no rewards from so i was able do that for 50k and sell his card i was already using. If Son drops down a couple hundred k before friday im gonna invest in him.

jayo26 wrote: »
    I did the Zambrotta moments card. Fed up throwing all my fodder into doing stuff i get no rewards from so i was able do that for 50k and sell his card i was already using. If Son drops down a couple hundred k before friday im gonna invest in him.

Was thinking of doing him too... noticed he’s only 500k. Half reluctant to replace Campbell tho... he’s been such a rock at the back for me.

First PL TOTS packed too - Gundogan from the 84+ pick :D

Sold Mbappe.

91 Owen has 24 goals in 15 games.
    If I had that scoring during the WL I may have got a few more wins as a good few of the games I dominated the stats but was too wasteful.

His 92 card isnt even that expensive so once Mbabbe sells I can sell the 91 Owen and get the PIM.

I guess people put too much stock into higher skills moves so hes cheap despite having pace.

Works out for me as I rarely use the 5 star moves anyway and he's just really good at making runs and barely misses a clean shot, cant wait to try the 92 as I'm happy with the 91.

Calvin wrote: »
    Was thinking of doing him too... noticed he’s only 500k. Half reluctant to replace Campbell tho... he’s been such a rock at the back for me.

First PL TOTS packed too - Gundogan from the 84+ pick :D

Zambrotta definitely worth it if he fits your team. I was using him anyway and had nearly all the fodder to finish him so its a free card for me.

84 player pick...

TOTY Cancelo (AGAIN! I know he’s popping up in my reds now, that’s three times)
    TOtY Shaw
    Gnabry
    TOTY Iago.

Took Shaw, happily. I actually bought him earlier so getting him for free is handy.

Three of the four being TOTY cards is crazy tho.

• Advertisement

Haven't seen one decent use able tots card in any my packs.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Zambrotta definitely worth it if he fits your team. I was using him anyway and had nearly all the fodder to finish him so its a free card for me.

Nice one.. I’ll probably do him after rewards. Came up against him a lot this weekend and he was also very solid and won a lot more headers than I thought. Will be a solid partner beside Klaiber.

Calvin wrote: »
    Nice one.. I’ll probably do him after rewards. Came up against him a lot this weekend and he was also very solid and won a lot more headers than I thought. Will be a solid partner beside Klaiber.

Klaibe is awesome i use him as a sub alot, i cant fit him into the my starting team ever unfortunatly.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Opened the mid icon pack and packed the best PIM image in the game.... Schweinsteiger, he'll go into the PnP Utd team alongside Keano!

Did another 10 of the PL upgrades.

TOTS Fofana! Not sure he's any better than prime Blanc and doesn't have the benefit of the icon links so he may not get into my team but I really enjoyed his 86 Future Stars card for a long time so I'll definitely give him a try.

Packed TOTS Carrillo (88) from the 84+.

Also this is very old news at this stage but isn't it mad how divison 4 rank 1 probably has the best weekly rivals rewards of any divison and rank by a significant distance?

Nothing but player packs which are much better than rare megas (which should be called rare consumables!) and I dare say I'd even rather the division 4 rank 1 packs over what you get for division 1 rank 1.

You can see why so many good players self relegate into divison 4 as that also offers far easier games for objectives with friendlies being skills based matchmaking too.

• Moderators Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Got Ruben Dias out of one of those 80+ EPL player packs. Sadly given the crappy Meta I doubt he'll be as good as my Max Aarons at CB!

BrentMused wrote:
    TOTS Fofana! Not sure he's any better than prime Blanc and doesn't have the benefit of the icon links so he may not get into my team but I really enjoyed his 86 Future Stars card for a long time so I'll definitely give him a try.

He is. Prime blanc is ****e this year.

RossieMan wrote: »
    He is. Prime blanc is ****e this year.

I've played 70 odd games with him so far and I'm enjoying him.

He's not the quickest but has great agility and balance (for a CB) despite being so tall. Excellent passing and as he's so big he seems to intercept and block a lot of ball with those long legs.

To me he's a perfect complement to my PIM Cannavaro but I'll definitely give Fofana a shot.

What don't you like about him? :)

BrentMused wrote:
    What don't you like about him?

Slow, clunky, can't pass, can't tackle without giving away penalties.

He was one of the best CB for years, they've just getting me away from the bulky CB being usable this year.
    That being said, I still have puyol in my side, mostly because I've no coins and chemistry is tough!

Finally finished the Icon swaps tokens - have 16 as didn’t do the weekend league ones. Now pondering what to do?

Originally was thinking I’ll get 16 and go all in on the Prime Icon Moments pack but now we’re into TOTs I’m wondering if it might be worthwhile trying to get some fodder and maybe hit a TOTs or twoso now looking at 14 tokens for the 91+ Prime Icon and 2 tokens for the 81+ x25

Or: 10 tokens for Mid or Prime Icon and 5 for the 83 x25 pack.

The only Icons I have are 91 Koeman and 90 Keane so i figured that the 91+ would be good and even if it was a useless one I could kick it into an SBC.

Any advice??

• Advertisement

Finally finished the Icon swaps tokens - have 16 as didn’t do the weekend league ones. Now pondering what to do?

Originally was thinking I’ll get 16 and go all in on the Prime Icon Moments pack but now we’re into TOTs I’m wondering if it might be worthwhile trying to get some fodder and maybe hit a TOTs or twoso now looking at 14 tokens for the 91+ Prime Icon and 2 tokens for the 81+ x25

The only Icons I have are 91 Koeman and 90 Keane so i figured that the 91+ would be good and even if it was a useless one I could kick it into an SBC.

Any advice??

Given the amount of useless icons you could get and the odds of pulling a decent one, I'd be going all in on the x25 packs especially with TOTS available now.

I just think you've got a far better shot at packing a usable TOTS player versus a usable icon, regardless of the icon pack.

A fair compromise if you did want a punt at an icon would be the mid/prime for 10 plus the 25 x 83+ as you've suggested above.

I did that and got prime Zanetti in the mid/prime plus a lot of nice fodder in the 25 x 83+.

Its crazy how much is tied up in your club in consumables at this stage of the year. I went through contracts and manager league cards and various other consumables and quickselling whats not worth anything, got nearly 400k and managed to get enough for Son.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Any advice??

I like to gamble, so I'd 100% be taking the prime or moments icon! I got moments Koeman from my one and took the 81+ x 25 with the rest of the tokens.

It's really down to you, I've been opening packs that I've had saved for a while and crafting PL Upgrade packs with the dupes and haven't hit a single TOTS so far from them not even an EFL or Saudi.

Mr Moon wrote: »
    It's really down to you, I've been opening packs that I've had saved for a while and crafting PL Upgrade packs with the dupes and haven't hit a single TOTS so far from them not even an EFL or Saudi.

It's crazy how different luck with the packs is.

Since Friday night I've packed TOTS Salah, Vardy, Fofana, Ederson, Mount, Honeyman, Grant (x2) and Mullin.

From just 15 PL upgrade packs over the course of the weekend and today I got Mount, Ederson and Fofana from the above (the others from my saved packs).

BrentMused wrote: »

Since Friday night I've packed TOTS Salah, Vardy, Fofana, Ederson, Mount, Honeyman, Grant (x2) and Mullin.

From just 15 PL upgrade packs over the course of the weekend and today I got Mount, Ederson and Fofana from the above (the others from my saved packs).

That is crazy pack luck - you got a fifth of the PL TOTs team. I’m with Mr Moon - I’ve gotten squat so far for PL TOTs and only TOTs from packs I got were Honeyman and Jay - EFL 3 and 4 respectively

Ok i take it all back i love premier league upgrade packs.
    The one player i wanted

20210504-124421.jpg

BrentMused wrote: »

That's mental pack luck! Have opened 3 Ultimate Packs, a couple of Regular and Jumbo Rare Player Packs and done about 40 of the PL Upgrades Packs and the best PL based player I've pulled has been 85 Thiago.

Have packed 4* EFL TOTS with 88 Hughes being the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

What TOTS league will it be on Friday?

What TOTS league will it be on Friday?

I believe it's La Liga and CSL.

Bundesliga the following week.

• Advertisement

Whilst I contemplate my Icon swaps option opened up the 84+ Player pick - options of 3 84’s (2 duplicates) and an 85.

Another Rare Players Pack opened - a 79 TOTW and an 84 base card the best. Really am getting pack no luck

Advertisement