Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Had enough Prem cards to complete the new league SBC, will let you know if I pack anything decent from the packs...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

BrentMused wrote: »
    His gold card has been amazing all year so I was delighted his TOTS is even better.

I'm shocked he's not spoken about more, especially when people are using GK's such as 82 Nick Pope instead!

I’ve been using IF Pope for most of the game cycle and he’s been very good so it’s not surprising a lot use his normal gold.

He’s 6 ft 7 remember and has the “saves with feet” trait.

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Had enough Prem cards to complete the new league SBC, will let you know if I pack anything decent from the packs...

Two TOTS packed, got Salah-bated from the mega pack with the Egypt flag but it was Hegazi. Then got Guanca in the Ultimate pack.

Only 1 walkout excluding the two TOTS in the entire PL SBC.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I have now stripped my club of every rare gold under 82, and every common gold.

Roll on a decent SBC cause I have fodder for days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Lord TSC wrote: »

Mines just empty ha about 30 gold nothing else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Was going to do that alright and saw the packs havent been great, so decided to keep the club stocked for ultimate TOTS. Rare player picks seem decent tho, done 5 and got 3x 84s, 1x85.

Mount is a superb CM too. 3* skills is unfortunate but everything else is unreal... great passing too, which I love and he’s quite strong. Romarinho off the bench is great fun too as it allows me play Neres ST.

Calvin wrote: »
    Was going to do that alright and saw the packs havent been great, so decided to keep the club stocked for ultimate TOTS. Rare player picks seem decent tho, done 5 and got 3x 84s, 1x85.

Mount is a superb CM too. 3* skills is unfortunate but everything else is unreal... great passing too, which I love and he’s quite strong. Romarinho off the bench is great fun too as it allows me play Neres ST.

Yeah mount is doing well for me today. My rivals rating is highest ive ever got it and playing agaiant super teams but mount is doing so well in midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Got fofana and carillo and gold Ter Stegen in an 82+ X 25 pack, swaps are painful though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Just a reminder guys following on from the conversation earlier in the week, that non-rare player contracts will sell for 200-250 no problem today with it being FUT Champs and rares will sell for 250.

Same with manager contracts.

If you have thousands, which many people do at this stage, you can make a nice bit from them.

Just a reminder guys following on from the conversation earlier in the week, that non-rare player contracts will sell for 200-250 no problem today with it being FUT Champs and rares will sell for 250.

Same with manager contracts.

If you have thousands, which many people do at this stage, you can make a nice bit from them.

Must put them up for sale, I've over 1000 rare contracts, not sure how many are tradeable but I'd say most are.

• Advertisement

1-3 start this morning :(
    And that win was a game where someone put their controller down the second the game kicked off.

Horrific start, so am trying to figure out what to do now. Son and Salah are fun on the wings, but obviously aren't improving my results at all. Need to shore things up a bit.

552522.jpg

Unsure who to add next.

Most of the team are untradable at this point.

Ederson
    Lucas
    Neymar
    Owen

Those are the only 4 I can change.
    I'm happy enough to leave the back 5 as is for a while.

Neymar being the last Gold stands out most, was looking over Icons/Brazilian/PL or German all of them can fit in on 10 chem.

I'm happy enough with Owen anyway, hes scored more than a goal a game which is more than any other attacker has managed thus far.
    I'll likely upgrade to his 92 based off that 91.

I have 220k, plus whatever Neymar is worth. Lots to sell but itll be a few more days before that climbs enough to impact a purchase.
    Could also sell Lucas and try get two replacements but hes doing ok up front with Owen.

Im switching to a 442 from that with Gundogan slightly more box to box, Neymar and Atall wide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,276 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

552522.jpg

Unsure who to add next.

Ederson
    Lucas
    Neymar
    Owen

Neymar being the last Gold stands out most, was looking over Icons/Brazilian/PL or German all of them can fit in on 10 chem.

I'm happy enough with Owen anyway, hes scored more than a goal a game which is more than any other attacker has managed thus far.

I have 220k, plus whatever Neymar is worth. Lots to sell but itll be a few more days before that climbs enough to impact a purchase.
    Could also sell Lucas and try get two replacements but hes doing ok up front with Owen.

Im switching to a 442 from that with Gundogan slightly more box to box, Neymar and Atall wide.

92 owen looks interesting and a 5* weak foot, have just done the zambrotta sbc but ill save for him next i think.

are you playing moura up top with Owen, would neymar not make more sense as a 5*5* as striker with moura on the wing with pace?

From what i see and hear Neymar is still a top tier card in the game.

Cyrus wrote: »
    92 owen looks interesting and a 5* weak foot, have just done the zambrotta sbc but ill save for him next i think.

are you playing moura up top with Owen, would neymar not make more sense as a 5*5* as striker with moura on the wing with pace?

From what i see and hear Neymar is still a top tier card in the game.

The 91 card is very good. Its almost like they boosted his shooting and runs to compensate for other areas.

I dont have any strict reservations on Neymar up front but I do know Moura wasnt working as well on the wing.

I suppose I could save for one of the million mark players at this point and just hold off and aim for Owen next, and then replace Neymar/Moura.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Unsure who to add next.

Ederson
    Lucas
    Neymar
    Owen

Keep Neymar imo. Still one of the best strikers in the game. 5*5* is so valuable. Owen (or PIM Owen) is the player who would worry me least when I see him in an opposition team. Boring option but I think gold Mbappe is better than him. Would swap straight in on 10 chem too so could be an easy trial.

dmigsy wrote: »
    Keep Neymar imo. Still one of the best strikers in the game. 5*5* is so valuable. Owen (or PIM Owen) is the player who would worry me least when I see him in an opposition team. Boring option but I think gold Mbappe is better than him. Would swap straight in on 10 chem too so could be an easy trial.

I had Mbappe and switched him for Owen.

Neymar/Mbappe/Atal/Kluivert all played to some degree up front or wide.
    Nobody is/was close to 1 per game. I think Neymar is roughly 150 games 70 goals and 70 assists or that degree.
    Others were pretty similar.

Owen has like 50 goals in 35 games(subbed out 80% of the time at 60ish mins)

I get what you're saying, but he just works for me, he's very rarely missing a clean chance.

I dont mess around with 5 star skills moves in central positions too much so that's a huge factor in how hes worked better as his basic dribbling abilities seem to be higher than Neymar/Mbappe.

I'll go back to Mbappe, but itll be his circa million card next.

New season due this evening.

Are we expecting anything decent or the usual? It would be nice if we got some good packs for season progress, an icon pack or something in there would be a nice touch but it'll probably be the standard rubbish.

Hopefully we will also get Icon Swaps 3 but I'd imagine they'll wait until Monday as they'll have a token for Weekend League games and won't want anyone to get a few games of said token done this weekend :rolleyes:

Maybe they'll even wait until after TOTS to drop it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

New season due this evening.

Are we expecting anything decent or the usual? It would be nice if we got some good packs for season progress, an icon pack or something in there would be a nice touch but it'll probably be the standard rubbish.

Hopefully we will also get Icon Swaps 3 but I'd imagine they'll wait until Monday as they'll have a token for Weekend League games and won't want anyone to get a few games of said token done this weekend :rolleyes:

Maybe they'll even wait until after TOTS to drop it.

I hope they wait till Monday for swaps or else the servers will tank for the whole weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Got Dias from Marquee Matchups and Vardy from a PL upgrade pack. Nice as I couldn't play WL last week.

What are all your teams looking like for the weekend? Must be plenty of big upgrades to most teams since TOTS.

• Advertisement

552538.jpg
    552539.jpg
    442 offers a lot more solidity than the 4312
    Had fofana but got rid of him after 1 game , worst player I've used at centreback. Shaw is decent but stamina is not great

Mr Moon wrote: »
    What are all your teams looking like for the weekend? Must be plenty of big upgrades to most teams since TOTS.

Only one change here :o Cancelo in for Sambia at RB. Will give Cancelo the weekend to stake his claim. Sambia's 5* skills and 4* WF are better than Cancelo's 4* 3*.

image.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

dmigsy wrote: »
    Only one change here :o Cancelo in for Sambia at RB. Will give Cancelo the weekend to stake his claim. Sambia's 5* skills and 4* WF are better than Cancelo's 4* 3*.

image.png

Put Cancelo at CB, he’s top tier there.

Blazer wrote: »
    Put Cancelo at CB, he’s top tier there.

Tried him there. Prefer Klaiber. Think it's just Klaiber's extra physicality that I like at CB.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

https://i.ibb.co/gSFPrYn/image.png

Image not loading but that's the team for this WL. Dias is a unit.

Vardy's really good as a super sub.

I've been bringing him on against tired defences after about 70 minutes and he has scored quite a few for me.

Played game earlier went 3 nill up and on 60 minutes i brought vardy on..... He scored a hatrick on 85th minute so i took him off again and brought on neres who scored another.

The guy was kinda mad at the end :p

WL.jpg

This for me,

Gunter and Sambia CB in game and Mukiele and Zambrotta as FB

Also switch payet and Neymar,

May potentially swap Lees Melou with Zambrotta in game.

On lees melou i had prime ballack and realise they are basically the same player with a 300k price differential! Save for LM being H/H rather than H/M

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

E0zLXH6XMAEjg3u?format=jpg&name=large

LA LIGA IS JUICED!

Only one card there that I wouldn’t like and that’s Moreno.. other than that, every card I’d take. Why couldn’t they give these sorts of boosts to PL?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Well that undeserved TOTS Varane is going to utterly destroy the price of my already plummeting RTTF Varane

Is it me or are these way better than the PL ones?

Was nice to load up the first game and see a fella with a 20k prem team... and he played about as well.
    Disconnected by 13mins.

I got Rodrygo, fitted a lot of what I need.
    LW Brazilian so I can get 10 chem and hes quick without any pace as is.

Even as an 89 he looks really good and has more in stats than Neymar and shows up as a 93 LW with a chemistry style.. 99 stamina.

First game I subbed him in at 0-0 and we were 2-0 up due to him in no time and he got a 10 rating.

A few more subs like that and Neymar is gone.

Be great if Madrid win as he seems good as is.

In today’s edition of “which Youtuber has been talking up this specific move?”

There’s a move where when you’re running with the ball, you can switch control to a player off the ball? Like, a diamond appears above another players head, and you can run them while the on the ball player keeps running straight, and then hits a pass?

Usually, I see it once a month. Today, I’ve seen six players using it....

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭rebelyell99

Definitely gonna do Marcelo, I know hes expensive but he looks unreal.

Tots isak looks a beast

That Isak objectives card looks absolutely ridiculous.

It's probably even better than Kane's TOTS in all honesty!

Crazy how dirty EA did the PL TOTS compared to La Liga.

• Advertisement

Was nice to load up the first game and see a fella with a 20k prem team... and he played about as well.
    Disconnected by 13mins.

I got Rodrygo, fitted a lot of what I need.
    LW Brazilian so I can get 10 chem and hes quick without any pace as is.

Even as an 89 he looks really good and has more in stats than Neymar and shows up as a 93 LW with a chemistry style.. 99 stamina.

First game I subbed him in at 0-0 and we were 2-0 up due to him in no time and he got a 10 rating.

A few more subs like that and Neymar is gone.

Be great if Madrid win as he seems good as is.

3 star weak foot ruins it for me .

Definitely gonna do Marcelo, I know hes expensive but he looks unreal.

Looks class but will for that price , not much better than base Mendy haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Had a last minute pack opening spree before PL TOTs expired - 14 packs opened including 6 Premium Gold Players packs but not a TOTs in sight - best pulls were 87 Lloris, 86 UCL rare Gomez which I thought was a TOTs because of the blue flare and a 86 TOTW!

Ended up with the full 100 on my transfer pile but sold 19 quickly for nearly 25k mainly gold commons including 4.3k for a 75 rated Portuguese RB.

Need to clear my transfer pile further so I can open more packs, think I’m getting to the stage where playing the game is becoming a distinct second to pack opening and card collecting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

In today’s edition of “which Youtuber has been talking up this specific move?”

There’s a move where when you’re running with the ball, you can switch control to a player off the ball? Like, a diamond appears above another players head, and you can run them while the on the ball player keeps running straight, and then hits a pass?

Usually, I see it once a month. Today, I’ve seen six players using it....

Dude, I read your post and then did this in two games running by accident, haven't a clue how to do it but I did - both times I thought my controller batteries had ran out as my player just kept going straight lol. Well weird.

I'm other news, opened my saved 25 x 83+ pack ..... Nineteen 83's in it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

That Isak objectives card looks absolutely ridiculous.

It's probably even better than Kane's TOTS in all honesty!

Crazy how dirty EA did the PL TOTS compared to La Liga.

Yeah Isak looks brilliant, just did him. Played a couple of WL games - servers fine (though I was crap). Then did Isak in friendlies and my god the friendlies servers are awful, like your players are on an ice rink. This game baffles me, never seen anything like it. On 18 ping and it feels awful, meanwhile Apex on 60 ping feels perfect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Icon swaps 3 confirmed for Monday.

Just give me my cantona please :)

Either in swaps or as an sbc, that’s all I ask, I’m not being greedy looking for a R9, just want king eric!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

4-3 for today. All teams bar one with TOTS Emerson in goal and he is a c*nt.

Played one lad with TOTS Isak and hw scored 5 goals with him, absolute beast of a player

Just seen the two objective players for La Liga... TOTS moments Carvalho looks unreal... and will only take 10 squad battles games. Think I’m gonna do both him and Isak. Not difficult objectives at all.

Just seen the two objective players for La Liga... TOTS moments Carvalho looks unreal... and will only take 10 squad battles games. Think I’m gonna do both him and Isak. Not difficult objectives at all.

If you’re not in a mad rush for carvalho just leave him and combine with icon swaps after Monday.
    There’s nothing too specific in it.

6 wins with a la liga scorer
    10 games scoring with a Portuguese player

Easy just sub on Joao felix when you’re doing the icon swaps ones and save yourself a lot of squad battles matches :)

Be rude not to do both

I used to have future stars isak and he was deadly , tots looks amazing

Also I packed tots carrasco so the two of them will help me craft a la liga team with him.

Gold rares anywhere from 650-800 looks like a good investment.

I'm thinking La Liga upgrades will drop Sunday like the PL ones and in turn they'll rise to 1,100 like last week?

Last night around midnight I was winning them for 650-700 with no hassle at all.

I was buying them with the intention of flipping but considering how good the La Liga TOTS is and the lack of other content I might just use them myself!

I have about 200k worth but might go to 500k - watch them change the requirements now and I'll lose my bollocks on them! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭Tenks

The servers are killing me this weekend. 10 seconds of button delay where I’m essentially watching the other team run by me.

I’m 8-2. My worst start to a WL by a big margin. Might take a break next week.

11-12

If I land up on my usual 14, I'll count myself lucky, cause I've had a real struggle this weekend.

For some reason, Salah at RW refuses to stay there. I didn't have this issue at all during the week in Rivals, and I've changed nothing in my tactics, but every single WL game, he's moving from RW into a more central CM role, leaving my RW area empty. It's really frustrating when I try to launch a counter, only to find Salah has dropped deep.

Son and Salah seem to have risen in price, luckly. I'll probably bin them off when I can. They're good, but Salah is not a 1.2m upgrade on Sarr, and Son isn't feeling like a 2m player for me.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    If you’re not in a mad rush for carvalho just leave him and combine with icon swaps after Monday.
    There’s nothing too specific in it.

6 wins with a la liga scorer
    10 games scoring with a Portuguese player

Easy just sub on Joao felix when you’re doing the icon swaps ones and save yourself a lot of squad battles matches :)

Ooh, good shout. I’ll hold until Monday for that one then, will do Isak this weekend.

Ooh, good shout. I’ll hold until Monday for that one then, will do Isak this weekend.

Yeah I got isak done today, fairly easy as most people doing golden goal.

We'll probably get a tots player from the smaller league on Monday to do in squad battles too so hoping to combine that with icon swaps too

• Advertisement
Advertisement