Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Comments

I was 5-1, in both games I went 1-0 up and just didnt get the rub of the green. I really should have been 6-1, if not 7-0.

5-2 soon turned to 9-8.
    Needless to say the bulk of the nights games weren't enjoyable and I was certainly compounding it after a while.l

Gundogan has done nothing for me so far. He has like 7 assists in 30 games which just isnt enough for my creative CM.
    He seems to be playing ok, but I'm getting no stats contributions from him so maybe I'll change that position next.
    Tenks wrote: »
    The servers are killing me this weekend. 10 seconds of button delay where I’m essentially watching the other team run by me.

I’m 8-2. My worst start to a WL by a big margin. Might take a break next week.

Do you mean you're 2-8 as losing 2 games from 10 doesn't sound like something thats easy to do repetitively.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭Tenks

Do you mean you're 2-8 as losing 2 games from 10 doesn't sound like something thats easy to do repetitively.

Whoops, spot on haha. Not used to putting the big number second :’(

Servers seem better now, feels like my team are playing on steroids now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

anyone here consistently get to lvl 30 each season? Tempted to do it this season for Origi but want to see if it’s a lot of bother or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Calvin wrote: »
    anyone here consistently get to lvl 30 each season? Tempted to do it this season for Origi but want to see if it’s a lot of bother or not.

It’s pretty straightforward to do even if you only play a few games a day. I usually end up about 20,000 points over the 100,000 needed and usually at least a week before it’s due to end. You can pick up big chunks of XP by doing the weekly gold, silver and bronze challenges and things like the objectives players - at the moment Isak and Carvalho will help

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

When I don’t bother, I hit 28-29 easily. It’s not really that hard with all the objectives and stuff.

Nice one, might give it a go then. Was never really bothered before as the cards never interested me. Hard to turn down a special Origi card tho :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Tried to play some Div rivals around 2am last night, insane delay so after 3 games I stopped and said i'll try tomorrow.

Just played 7 games of Div Rivals or should I say watched 7 games of Div Rivals. Conceded 18 goals in my last 3 games, truly terrible goals that I should never concede. The worst delay I have ever experienced, all of my opponents players feel completely OP and my better players are completely useless at everything.

Its so bad I went on EA forums to see if anyone was experiencing the same and I come across a thread complaining about the state of the servers this weekend and I read the comment that explains it.

EA just dropped Fifa 21 on EA play, meaning 23 million players with Xbox gamepass just got the game for free. Lets say 10% of that player base start playing Fifa, thats 2.3 million extra players on Xbox this weekend and you can be dam sure they haven't increased server capacity. So basically if you are an Xbox player might want to give this weekend a pass. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Oh, I wonder if that’s why there’s so many bronze teams in the Isak objectives. Even had one lad playing goalkeepers in defence. And golden goal has dropped off a cliff too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Decided to beef up my defence as PIM Puskas is going back up in price , was at 2.2 now at 2.7mil.
    Cancelo is fantastic and Dias is excellent as well.
    927-E931-E-60-E8-4-AFD-97-AC-11-AB8702-DD5-D.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Oh, I wonder if that’s why there’s so many bronze teams in the Isak objectives. Even had one lad playing goalkeepers in defence. And golden goal has dropped off a cliff too.

Well now that has me tempted to try isak. Sounds time consuming though.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Town Man

I've 640k in the bank, anyone recommend a good Icon or 2?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Blazer wrote: »
    Decided to beef up my defence as PIM is going back up in price , was at 2.2 now at 2.7mil.

Love that defence, I am running that too with Davies in place of Zambrotta. Thinking of changing to Zambrotta though to give the better chem options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Decided to beef up my defence as PIM is going back up in price , was at 2.2 now at 2.7mil.

Jeekers that's some team! I really need to upgrade my defence, all gold players just lol.

Any sub 300k Icon CB's worth buying to replace either base Varane or Ramos?

Built up 16 packs since yesterday and couldn't open as I'd duplicates to sell.

I packed Carrasco in the second pack, was looking at him thinking "ah it's a shame he's untradeable as I cant really fit him in as is".

Turns out it was a tradable pack I picked up from the objectives or something.

I did pack a second Clarke Harris from a free tradable pack, but Carrasco is worth double so thats the highest tradable card I've got.

I just upgraded 91 Owen for 92 and cleared the bank to 30k so that brings me back up over 200k again to work on the next upgrade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Screenshot-20210508-180957-Companion.jpg

My own team this weekend, was using vardy as a sub but he is just too good. Unreal positioning and his composure makes up for weak foot.

Went 11w 6 losses so far in which is my best ever start. It will fall apart tho.

• Advertisement

I only came up against Vardy two or three times, but every time I did, he mauled me. Same with Mount.

Man, looking at the new Coutinho and Trippier SBCs, the Pl really got shafted....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

I only came up against Vardy two or three times, but every time I did, he mauled me. Same with Mount.

Man, looking at the new Coutinho and Trippier SBCs, the Pl really got shafted....

That coutinho looks so good , pity he isn't a Liverpool player,haven't a single la Liga player though :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

jayo26 wrote: »
    Screenshot-20210508-180957-Companion.jpg

My own team this weekend, was using vardy as a sub but he is just too good. Unreal positioning and his composure makes up for weak foot.

Went 11w 6 losses so far in which is my best ever start. It will fall apart tho.

What do you think of Prime Roberto Carlos? I was looking at him before deciding on Zambrotta.

Stamina an issue?

BrentMused wrote: »
    What do you think of Prime Roberto Carlos? I was looking at him before deciding on Zambrotta.

Stamina an issue?

Stamina never a problem I love him for his set pieces, a free kick is as good as a pen.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Fairly easy to get, I usually complete it about 3 weeks before the season ends. If you do the weekly objectives you can rake up big points.

Isak lads!! Unreal player, I've rebuilt my WL team around him now :eek::eek:

• Advertisement

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Fairly easy to get, I usually complete it about 3 weeks before the season ends. If you do the weekly objectives you can rake up big points.

Isak lads!! Unreal player, I've rebuilt my WL team around him now :eek::eek:

You mean the bronze, silver, gold ones etc? If so, I’ll do it then. I usually complete a few of those passively anyway through rivals etc.

Liamalone wrote: »
    Jeekers that's some team! I really need to upgrade my defence, all gold players just lol.

Any sub 300k Icon CB's worth buying to replace either base Varane or Ramos?

Ramos definitely.
    The thing is his Toty card is down to about 700k now.
    If I got Messi in my red picks I’d drop Mbappe, Sanchez, Cancelo and bring in Toty Ramos, Marcelo and maybe Carresco.
    I ran a hybrid la liga team earlier in the year and loved it. I would have happily swapped my untradeable Virgil for Ramos’s card.

You mean the bronze, silver, gold ones etc? If so, I’ll do it then. I usually complete a few of those passively anyway through rivals etc.

Yeah those ones!

That coutinho looks so good , pity he isn't a Liverpool player,haven't a single la Liga player though :o

I’m the same.

Premier League, Italian League or Portuguese. Anything else isn’t fitting into my squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Sold TOTS Cancelo already. His stats are great but didn't do it for me. I think the issue has to be that 71 Strength stat. In 7 WL games so far he's cost me 4 goals. Half the total I've conceded. Rui Costa ran through him a couple of times to score in the 1 game I've lost. Might go back to Sambia or pick up prime Zambrotta.

FB Renato Sanches is just amazing. 10.0 rating in his last 3 matches. Winning ball, scoring goals. Favorite player atm.

BrentMused wrote: »
    Gold rares anywhere from 650-800 looks like a good investment.

I'm thinking La Liga upgrades will drop Sunday like the PL ones and in turn they'll rise to 1,100 like last week?

Last night around midnight I was winning them for 650-700 with no hassle at all.

I was buying them with the intention of flipping but considering how good the La Liga TOTS is and the lack of other content I might just use them myself!

I have about 200k worth but might go to 500k - watch them change the requirements now and I'll lose my bollocks on them! :pac:

Decided to empty my coin balance into this as I was still picking them up for max 750 even at busy times throughout the day.

Any sort of rare gold card hit at least 1,100 during the PL upgrades last week so if they release the same requirements for La Liga it should be a very quick and easy profit.

I'm under no illusions that they could change the requirements but worse case scenario I hold them for a player pick SBC and profit then.

Ended up with just over 900 rare golds from the above, so if the requirements are the same as the PL one it should be near enough a 400k profit for a circa 48 hour hold!

Alternatively I could do some of the upgrades myself but realistically Messi is the only one I would change my team around for and let's be honest, even from potentially 80 odd upgrade packs there's not a hope of Messi or even Varane popping out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,276 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Jaysus everyone I'm playing has some non std variant of Messi and a few tots la liga players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Ramos definitely.
    The thing is his Toty card is down to about 700k now.
    If I got Messi in my red picks I’d drop Mbappe, Sanchez, Cancelo and bring in Toty Ramos, Marcelo and maybe Carresco.
    I ran a hybrid la liga team earlier in the year and loved it. I would have happily swapped my untradeable Virgil for Ramos’s card.

So drop Ramos? I can't keep replacing him with, he/I gets red cards, with yer man 83 Diego Summat.

But then it seems there is loads of love for Ramos' card, from the second bit. Me confuddled lol.

I can't drop **** without a replacement though.

Love You too.

Edit: just searched for Blazer CB 92 on market ...... extinct. Quelle surprise. All the good ones are gone.

Managed to finish Isak in about 2 hours tonight... thank god for those doing golden goal. Used him as a sub at HT in rivals, unbelievable. Now is the trouble of trying to fit him into a starting lineup alongside Reus, Sanches, Rodri, Mount, Klaiber etc etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I've been trying Isak as a supersub and honestly he's been horrible for me, doesn't hold a candle to Neres or Sarr.

• Advertisement

AdamD wrote: »
    I've been trying Isak as a supersub and honestly he's been horrible for me, doesn't hold a candle to Neres or Sarr.

Different type of player. If you're using Neres or Sarr as your strikers then Isak won't suit you. I'm the same as you but that's why I won't even try doing Isak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Ooooh, I’ll empty my club for the United icon.

Probably be his baby or something though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

I just used all my fodder on King Phil. Wahhhh!

Also, it's nothing but a sweat fest this WL compared to last. 14-10 currently.

in fairness apart from Cantona the other 2 are meh.
    Raul who were brilliant in Fifa19 is awful in this version thanks to the stupid mechanics. And when RBs are better than CBs in the game its pointless doing Desailly unless its his moments and super cheap.

Nooooo, I got Cantona from the icon pack in March and hardly ever come up against him.

I don't want anyone else to have him! :P:D

Just getting a game in before the Villa - Utd game, doing friendlies for Isak, I’m 6-1 up just after HT, other guy is just doing keepy ups and passing it amongst himself at the back - I put the controller down and watching the Wolves game lol

Hogey007 wrote: »

Oh please let it be his PIM or Prime!!!

Oh please let it be his PIM or Prime!!!

I’d say it’ll 100% be his PIM or prime. They’ve usually always gone with the theme - low tier, mid tier, top tier. Raul will be the cheapest, Desailly and then Cantona.

• Advertisement

I’d take any version of Cantona but whatever it is, hope it’s in swaps rather than an SBC even though that mean me having to break my weekend league exile in order to get the maximum tokens available

PIM Cantona SBC is up - 13 squads needed including 2 89s, 3 88s and 3 87s - way too rich for my blood!

PIM Cantona 13 segments, coming in about 2.7 mil. Bye bye club!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

That Cantona is just an outrageous amount of high rated cards needed

Between the utter volume of fodder I have, the fact it's not hard to pack a few 88-91 players a week currently (thanks to red picks and rewards) and the fact...it's bloody Cantona., I'll likely empty my club for him.

Him, 95 Ronaldo and 92 Bruno running my attack. Stuff of United dreams :D

Also have 7 or so weeks to do him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

AdamD wrote:
    That Cantona is just an outrageous amount of high rated cards needed

Price seems dead on in fairness to them. Can't be giving them away.

• Advertisement

PIM Cantona 13 segments, coming in about 2.7 mil. Bye bye club!!

Tradeable, he's 2.6m on Xbox so feels pretty fair.

Haha, as if the PL wasn't more obviously done dirty, they release a 80+ La Liga player pick for 11 golds (5 rare). That's such a better SBC than the PL version.

Haha, as if the PL wasn't more obviously done dirty, they release a 80+ La Liga player pick for 11 golds (5 rare). That's such a better SBC than the PL version.

Yeah, Jesus they’ve really shafted PL this year. Hope it continues like this into Bundes etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Done at 14-4. 3 single goal defeats and a 3-1. Not great after going 14-1 last weekend. Didn't play near my best for the most part this weekend but the 4222 really is solid. Conceded 15 goals more than last week in only 3 more games. Was doing a lot of pointless pressing and giving lots of space in behind - I had mostly cut that out but it has crept back it to my game.

Would be good if you could pull aggregated detailed match stats out of the app. Would like to see total shots / total shots conceded etc. My shots conceded to goal conceded ratio must be ridiculous.

image.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Delighted they gave the moments version for the sbc, def something to keep me interested.

Every player I don’t use will be going into that, moments Suarez, fut birthday huntelar etc.

I’ll just wait and see what I need for icon swaps tomorrow first.

• Advertisement
Advertisement