Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Delighted they gave the moments version for the sbc, def something to keep me interested.

Every player I don’t use will be going into that, moments Suarez, fut birthday huntelar etc.

I’ll just wait and see what I need for icon swaps tomorrow first.

I'm dreading Icon Swaps being in Managerial Masterpiece, cause I legit don't have a card in my club under 82 rated :pac:

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Haha, as if the PL wasn't more obviously done dirty, they release a 80+ La Liga player pick for 11 golds (5 rare). That's such a better SBC than the PL version.

TOTY Llorente in pack 3. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

80+ picks are definitely better than the premium.
    26-BDF394-7984-4-A8-C-96-E8-A6-D22-CA2-E877.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,276 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Blazer wrote: »
    80+ picks are definitely better than the premium.
    26-BDF394-7984-4-A8-C-96-E8-A6-D22-CA2-E877.jpg

Jaysus

I have done 5 of them not one player over 82

Definitely enough high fodder to take at least a mil of Cantona. He looks class.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

image.png

Phil is just Ronaldinho in disguise. If he fits your team I can't recommend him enough. He's even smoother than Neymar on the ball. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

elite again this week, annoyed at losing stupid games early again and thinking what could of been, had to win 9/10 games today and clutched it but jesus that was a sweaty ass weekend :D

Damnit. 6-1 down at half time.
    Switch to that new 442 tactics Neals posted and back to 6-6 at end of 90 mins.
    The guy is panicking massively and down to 10 men.
    And right at 116 mins my controller goes dead. Wanker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

BrentMused wrote: »
    Decided to empty my coin balance into this as I was still picking them up for max 750 even at busy times throughout the day.

Any sort of rare gold card hit at least 1,100 during the PL upgrades last week so if they release the same requirements for La Liga it should be a very quick and easy profit.

I'm under no illusions that they could change the requirements but worse case scenario I hold them for a player pick SBC and profit then.

Ended up with just over 900 rare golds from the above, so if the requirements are the same as the PL one it should be near enough a 400k profit for a circa 48 hour hold!

Alternatively I could do some of the upgrades myself but realistically Messi is the only one I would change my team around for and let's be honest, even from potentially 80 odd upgrade packs there's not a hope of Messi or even Varane popping out.

Instantly selling for 1,400 now as a result of the upgrade SBC'S dropping with similar requirements as hoped - will be pretty much a 500k profit at that price. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,931 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Finally submitted my reds into the upgrades, had exactly 22 so got 2, absolutely zero complaints obviously but as is ALWAYS the case you get one bad pick and one pick with 2 players you want :D

Screenshot_20210509-202025.jpg?width=528&height=939
    Screenshot_20210509-202228.jpg?width=528&height=939

Oh also the selection is on Neymar but I took Son

• Advertisement

7th upgrade pack.

WLp9yOT.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Did 11 upgrade packs and got 1 87, 1 84 and the rest lower. God help me.

Futbin has Cantona at 3m to craft, fodder will surely fly up now with the volume of cards needed for that

AdamD wrote: »
    Did 11 upgrade packs and got 1 87, 1 84 and the rest lower. God help me.

Futbin has Cantona at 3m to craft, fodder will surely fly up now with the volume of cards needed for that

My advice would be to not rush it. Its so expensive but treat it like a bit of a goal over the next few weeks.

Personally, I love that it's going to make all my untradeable fodder so worthwhile again. Properly reminding me of working towards the ultra expensive ones in FUT 19. Every ****ty TOTS card I get now has value :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Got 17, 10 RQs was madness!! Got 4 in a row in my 5 game winning streak, Iask came in and changed my weekend, I was 9-9 at one stage, he scored 25 goals in 16 games (a few of them were as a sub before I built the team around him)!

883183-D5-8097-4-C52-B610-B527-E3-C5-E493.png

B416-E881-339-D-4-A90-B5-D8-A4-C83-A159099.jpg

I've done 5 of that required SBCs , 2 of which are the 89 squads, the 87 one and the bronze and Silver.
    Zola, Kaka, Ballack and Neres, Carrasco and Navas were all thrown into it.
    I've to wait 2 more days before I can recover tots Ederson and Pique so that's another 2 that can go into the 88 squad.
    I've enjoyed using Puskas all year and really wanted his PIM card but I also wanted to use Cantona since he was announced..even if he did derail Newcastle's title bid back in the day. I hope he wears the collar up :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

G1 20-10

All I want is to be able to dribble and have my players pass the ball in the direction I am aiming. That was absolute torture, not an enjoyable game all weekend.

Back playing real football from tomorrow so think that's me done with Fifa tbh. Its been fun but I have finally had enough, this weekend I wasn't playing my opponent I was trying to overcome EA's lag compensation, punishing me for having a decent internet connection.

I watched opponent after opponent this weekend clearly having butter smooth gameplay while even when I built an attack of the most agile attackers in the game they all turned like buses and couldn't dribble.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Had time to squeeze in 3 more wins to make the weekend a bit more respectable. A couple of early RQs too which is always nice. Mané with 92nd min winner for the last win. At some stage, I'll try to play enough to get a crack at Elite.

image.png

@Parawind. Are you on PS4? I don't seem to get many issues with gameplay/lag compensation at all. I'm on fast (1Gb) wired broadband too. So many people seem to have it but I'm either incredibly lucky and it doesn't happen to me or I'm just oblivious to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Screenshot-20210510-012338-Gallery.jpg

Usual again 17 wins, came up short going for 20 but felt had my best weekend league of the year. Defending was a lot better and all the games I lost I could feel I was playing against someone that was better.

Vardy was my pleasant surprise this weekend loved using him. He didn't play first 10 games apart from sub appearances but then just linked up so well with son. Puskas is benched.

dmigsy wrote: »

@Parawind. Are you on PS4? I don't seem to get many issues with gameplay/lag compensation at all. I'm on fast (1Gb) wired broadband too. So many people seem to have it but I'm either incredibly lucky and it doesn't happen to me or I'm just oblivious to it.

I'm Xbox unfortunately, maybe PS4 is better and obviously this weekend with all the gamepass people getting Fifa for free it would have impacted Xbox players to a far greater extent.

Honestly it is so well disguised in the gameplay that there is a good chance you have experienced it and maybe not noticed. What seems to happen is none of your players can accelerate or hit their max sprint speed, they lose the range of motion so lets say normally you can move in 12 different directions but it cuts this down to 4. Left stick dribbling doesn't have any affect and your AI players don't make runs. So it forces you to play very predictable and safe passes, but even then the passes don't power up as quickly and pass accuracy/assistance is really bad. AI players also intercept nothing when this is happening because they are too slow to reaction even when it is a loose ball that they would always be favourite to pick up.

I have dozens of examples but the one that comes to mind from today is there was a guy playing Rooney on 7 chem with a shadow.(Giving him 95 Acc and 92 SS) The guy played a through ball behind my defence for Rooney 3-4 times during the game down TOTS Dias side and got there every time. Now that in itself isn't that strange except he hit the passes blindly, in situations where Dias has 5-10 yards on Rooney and yet Dias is clearly running in a straight line at about 60-70 pace because Rooney doesn't just nip in ahead of him, he leaves him in the dust.

I realise I sound like a broken record at this point, its just such a disappointment as I really do enjoy the gameplay this year but there is nothing I can do to combat this unless I play at completely unreasonable times of the night or very early morning. Reddit and EA forums are littered with people complaining about it and there is just radio silence from EA, most of the time they just try to blame the persons own connection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Parawind wrote: »
    I'm Xbox unfortunately, maybe PS4 is better and obviously this weekend with all the gamepass people getting Fifa for free it would have impacted Xbox players to a far greater extent.

Honestly it is so well disguised in the gameplay that there is a good chance you have experienced it and maybe not noticed. What seems to happen is none of your players can accelerate or hit their max sprint speed, they lose the range of motion so lets say normally you can move in 12 different directions but it cuts this down to 4. Left stick dribbling doesn't have any affect and your AI players don't make runs. So it forces you to play very predictable and safe passes, but even then the passes don't power up as quickly and pass accuracy/assistance is really bad. AI players also intercept nothing when this is happening because they are too slow to reaction even when it is a loose ball that they would always be favourite to pick up.

I have dozens of examples but the one that comes to mind from today is there was a guy playing Rooney on 7 chem with a shadow.(Giving him 95 Acc and 92 SS) The guy played a through ball behind my defence for Rooney 3-4 times during the game down TOTS Dias side and got there every time. Now that in itself isn't that strange except he hit the passes blindly, in situations where Dias has 5-10 yards on Rooney and yet Dias is clearly running in a straight line at about 60-70 pace because Rooney doesn't just nip in ahead of him, he leaves him in the dust.

I realise I sound like a broken record at this point, its just such a disappointment as I really do enjoy the gameplay this year but there is nothing I can do to combat this unless I play at completely unreasonable times of the night or very early morning. Reddit and EA forums are littered with people complaining about it and there is just radio silence from EA, most of the time they just try to blame the persons own connection.

On Xbox myself, 500mb ftth. This is a perfect description of the issue, its even obvious watching someone do a basic turn with a dragback while your players turn like a bus and completely underhit every pass.

The biggest problem for me however is the delay in player switching, your opponent has passed through you while before the player has switched due to lag. Just played to 8-5 this WL as wasn't arsed with the lag. 3 of those losses purely down to delay

did 6 more player picks and got tots Casemiro and Pigue.
    Debating on Casemiro as in do I keep him or throw him into Cantona.
    If I wait until Thursday I can have Cantona complete without selling Dias and Cancelo using the rewards as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Have Salah and TOTY Moreno in unassigned items. Think I might do the Drogba SBC just to clear the pile, does anyone use him? Is he worth it?

tots Salah? I wouldn't waste him on Drogba honestly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

did 6 more player picks and got tots Casemiro and Pigue.
    Debating on Casemiro as in do I keep him or throw him into Cantona.
    If I wait until Thursday I can have Cantona complete without selling Dias and Cancelo using the rewards as well.

Ha, your player pick luck is nuts! I’ve done 5 and the best was 83 Eder Militao TOTW!

Also opened my 81+ x25 from swaps - an 83 TOTW from Belgium was the headline there but did get 88 Ederson and 86 David Silva along with a couple of 85s and 84s which will help with the ala Liga TOTs guarantee.

Finally, opened up one of my saved Ultimate packs, I’d reserved for each of the big 5 leagues! No TOTs - got a walk out but only a 86 TOTW from Milan and a whopping 17 duplicates!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Managed to get Gold 2 last night after bottling it on 16 wins last week.

Finished on 17-12 but was 4-7 at one stage and in the 12th game I was seconds from losing and being mega triggered at 4-8 but a 92nd minute equaliser from Rooney and sealing it in extras got me back in the groove and I didn’t look back from there.

Birthday Atal is such a joy to play with. That lean body type and the 5 star 5 star combo make him so overpowered. Himself and Birthday Reus are a deadly duo up top.

• Advertisement

Boulders8 wrote: »
    Ha, your player pick luck is nuts! I’ve done 5 and the best was 83 Eder Militao TOTW!

Also opened my 81+ x25 from swaps - an 83 TOTW from Belgium was the headline there but did get 88 Ederson and 86 David Silva along with a couple of 85s and 84s which will help with the ala Liga TOTs guarantee.

Finally, opened up one of my saved Ultimate packs, I’d reserved for each of the big 5 leagues! No TOTs - got a walk out but only a 86 TOTW from Milan and a whopping 17 duplicates!

I just did 5 more :pac: ( i do them in bunches )

Capture.jpg

Is the filter on the web app broken for everyone? I can’t seem to filter for bronze/silver/gold. If I search, for example, for rare golds, I get rare everything.

stuchyg wrote: »
    On Xbox myself, 500mb ftth. This is a perfect description of the issue, its even obvious watching someone do a basic turn with a dragback while your players turn like a bus and completely underhit every pass.

The biggest problem for me however is the delay in player switching, your opponent has passed through you while before the player has switched due to lag. Just played to 8-5 this WL as wasn't arsed with the lag. 3 of those losses purely down to delay

Yes the player switching is a nightmare when this happens. I use the right stick to switch and it helps a bit but the player switching is extremely slow and sometimes it won't let you change to the specific player that you need even after multiple attempts.

That's the incredibly frustrating thing too, watching your opponent dribbling inside your box with ease because you can't put any pressure on. Meanwhile you can't dribble even when in 15 yards of space.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,276 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Mr Moon wrote: »
    PIM Cantona 13 segments, coming in about 2.7 mil. Bye bye club!!

maybe im missing it but how is he worth 3 times what TOTY Lewa is, similar type players with almost identical stats.

Is the filter on the web app broken for everyone? I can’t seem to filter for bronze/silver/gold. If I search, for example, for rare golds, I get rare everything.

working fine for me...its what I'm using at the moment

• Advertisement

It's been like that for me for a few weeks.

You can either look at all rares regardless of colour, or if you leave out the second filter, you can get just that colour but rare and unrare together.

Probably the lesser evil is to look at rare/non rare in the correct colour together and leave the rare aspect out.

Cyrus wrote: »
    maybe im missing it but how is he worth 3 times what TOTY Lewa is, similar type players with almost identical stats.

chemistry, nostalgia, 5* skills etc.
    Any time I've played him regardless of what card it is he rips me apart in the hands of a skilled player.
    Of course in my hands he's gonnna look like Shearer...banging in the goals regardless but just kicking lumps out of players as well :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

tots Salah? I wouldn't waste him on Drogba honestly.

Ha not TOTY Salah, I wish!

Ha not TOTY Salah, I wish!

ah fire him in then. I've came up against him a few times and he always scores against me.

It's been like that for me for a few weeks.

You can either look at all rares regardless of colour, or if you leave out the second filter, you can get just that colour but rare and unrare together.

Probably the lesser evil is to look at rare/non rare in the correct colour together and leave the rare aspect out.

Yeah, thats how I'm handling it but its frustrating when you reach an SBC (like the current upgrades) that need specific coloured rares :(

Yeah, thats how I'm handling it but its frustrating when you reach an SBC (like the current upgrades) that need specific coloured rares :(

what browser are you using? I'm using chrome and its working fine for me

Yeah, same for me.

I was thinking they probably purposely did it to make it harder to mass bid on rare and common golds for the upgrade grind :pac:

just 4 squads left to do for Cantona which will cost 900k and I have 1.4 mill spare. Have to resist as I still have duplicate Ederson to restore (I could throw in the squad one :)) and then just finish Cantona and roll with Thursday rewards.... yep... don't think I could wait until then honestly. No patience :D

what browser are you using? I'm using chrome and its working fine for me

I've tried on Chrome, Firefox and on my iPad with the app. Same issue across the board.

Are you Xbox or PS? Might be an Xbox account issue?

just 4 squads left to do for Cantona which will cost 900k and I have 1.4 mill spare. Have to resist as I still have duplicate Ederson to restore (I could throw in the squad one :)) and then just finish Cantona and roll with Thursday rewards.... yep... don't think I could wait until then honestly. No patience :D

I've 6/13 done, including the two 89s and an 88 done. And I'd say I could clear the 88s easily enough.

But I'm deliberately not spending a coin on it.

I've had more fun picking away at league and upgrade SBCs last night than I've done in weeks so I'm sticking to that ideology of just using untradeable fodder. I might not be able to mass grind league players like last year, but it's fun trying to convert the club into PIM Cantona :P

• Advertisement

Finally got through with selling all of those rare golds I bought last Friday and Saturday for between 650-750.

All sold instantly for 1,400 as soon as the La Liga upgrades dropped yesterday evening.

Total profit after tax = 505k.

That is ridiculous for a 48 hour hold, especially when I had recently held IF's for weeks and made a fraction of that sort of profit!

It's very time consuming but if anyone is priced out of Cantona or a similar SBC that they want to do I would highly recommend doing the same again this week as if the same requirements are required for the Bundesliga upgrades next week you're golden - you'll more than double your coins.

Pretty happy with my team now and aside from trying to build up a stupid amount of coins for the massive cards I don't think there's a whole lot I can do to improve on what I have.

At this point I might just play with what I have for a few weeks and save all packs for Ultimate TOTS.

Really looking forward to (for something different) but also dreading Icon Swaps 3 as my club is all but cleaned out now and I have very few usable first owner players :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Cyrus wrote: »

3 things...

1. 5* Skills
    2. Icon (links to everyone, has that icon boost that icons have)
    3. He's the King :cool:

I've tried on Chrome, Firefox and on my iPad with the app. Same issue across the board.

Are you Xbox or PS? Might be an Xbox account issue?

actually I was only searching my club not the market. I see the same on the market sorrry.

And done :)
    Still have Dias and Cancelo and enough to buy baby Puskas if I need to.
    Capture.jpg

Capture.jpg

He is sh1t I sold him a few weeks ago :p

Capture.jpg

Enjoy man.

His prime is ridiculous so I can only imagine how good his Moments is.

Im not a 5 star skiller so my favourite move of his prime is how he just barrels through defenders and the ball ends up bouncing back to him in almost every 50/50 :pac:

I've scored so many goals like the above with him that would cause me to smash my controller if they were scored against me!

Enjoy man.

His prime is ridiculous so I can only imagine how good his Moments is.

Im not a 5 star skiller so my favourite move of his prime is how he just barrels through defenders and the ball ends up bouncing back to him in almost every 50/50 :pac:

I've scored so many goals like the above with him that would cause me to smash my controller if they were scored against me!

All joking aside Cantona is unreal. His shooting is fantastic and like you said his dribbling is unreal.

First game he scored a hattrick so well happy with him. Feels very slick.
    I'm tempted to play him at CAM as Eusebio is a bit weak and bring back in prime Puskas at striker. Would have to drop Cancelo though at RB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I got his Mid from the first set of Icon Swaps and this is my favourite thing about him. You can literally just run into a defender and there's a decent chance Cantona will just bowl them over and the ball bounces back to you. :pac:

• Advertisement

First game he scored a hattrick so well happy with him. Feels very slick.
    I'm tempted to play him at CAM as Eusebio is a bit weak and bring back in prime Puskas at striker. Would have to drop Cancelo though at RB.

His prime is fine as a CAM anyway.

I packed Dalglish from the last icon SBC who has to be played as an ST so I moved Cantona to CAM to allow that to happen and he's still brilliant.

I have to admit I did prefer Cantona as an out and out ST but it's not a bad complaint in having to "fit" him in at CAM!

Advertisement