Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

I keep reading people saying that La Liga player pick is cracked and broken, well I can vouch for that - it is bloody broken, not giving me a TOTs or even a high rated base card. Done 8 so far and the results have been 81, 82, 83, 82, 84, 84, 83 and 83 - absolute rubbish!

Will I do some more? Absolutely :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Boulders8 wrote: »
    I keep reading people saying that La Liga player pick is cracked and broken, well I can vouch for that - it is bloody broken, not giving me a TOTs or even a high rated base card. Done 8 so far and the results have been 81, 82, 83, 82, 84, 84, 83 and 83 - absolute rubbish!

Same for me... highest has been an 84. Given up on them now and hopefully save my luck for Ligue 1 like last year when I got Ben Yedder from the picks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,276 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Boulders8 wrote: »

me too :o

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Mr Moon wrote: »
    I'm torn between PIM Rio and the 84+. I would open the 84+ now to help craft Cantona and get Rio when the next bunch come out.

Or Pime Best and the 84+ 83+ & 81+ packs to go towards crafting Cantona.

Whatever I go with, the 84x20 pack shows up in my options so have gone with that to start off with anyway.

The results...

r6Tbeeo.jpg?1
    CVbqNos.jpg?1

Not bad, not great, but probably let's me complete another chunk of Cantona tonight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Whatever I go with, the 84x20 pack shows up in my options so have gone with that to start off with anyway.

The results...

Not bad, not great, but probably let's me complete another chunk of Cantona tonight :)

Yeah, whilst you'd love a usable La Liga TOTS from that pack, you're still clearing 400k+ worth of fodder for a relatively quick and easy amount of tokens.

It's fair IMO and I couldn't have any complaints with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Calvin wrote: »
    Same for me... highest has been an 84. Given up on them now and hopefully save my luck for Ligue 1 like last year when I got Ben Yedder from the picks.

That's insane..I've done about 40 and gotten Llorente, Caesmiro x 2 , Carrasco x2, Pique, Modric, Busquets etc , shaved a massive chunk of Cantona.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

The results...

r6Tbeeo.jpg?1
    CVbqNos.jpg?1

I'd be delighted with that!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Blazer wrote: »
    That's insane..I've done about 40 and gotten Llorente, Caesmiro x 2 , Carrasco x2, Pique, Modric, Busquets etc , shaved a massive chunk of Cantona.

Hardly insane, pack luck varies as we all know. I also have done about a dozen of these, highest rated was an 84 Saul I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

UTOS is just the top 16 players or so, right? Not everything?

Ultimate TOTS will be a selection of the top 15 players from the major leagues I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Ultimate TOTS will be a selection of the top 15 players from the major leagues I think.

If they even do it this year. Who knows what they'll do!

RossieMan wrote: »
    If they even do it this year. Who knows what they'll do!

They’ll do something completely left field like Ultimate worst TOTs and only include the so called smaller leagues and leave out PL, La Liga etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Content non stop this week!

Hopefully the other leagues Tots are as good as this.

Took the 84x20 pack, got about 400k worth of fodder off cantona too.

Debating whether to go with rio for the remaining 15 or the moments pack (5 tokens) and moments player pick (10 tokens)

Not a fan of the lottery ones and I would like moments rio as a united fan but same as others said earlier, I’m not sure how much fifa I’ll be playing by the end of June when I get him with restrictions eased etc.

Also, I’m finding those 80+ la liga picks great.
    I’ve pretty much cleared my club of low rated players but got

Fekir tots
    Llorente tots
    Kounde tots x3
    Moreno tots x2

Plus high rated fodder like ter stegen, modric, etc.

I’ll probably pass on the la liga tots upgrade as the players I’m most likely to pack are one of the 4 above and I want to keep ploughing on with cantona

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Content non stop this week!

Hopefully the other leagues Tots are as good as this.

Took the 84x20 pack, got about 400k worth of fodder off cantona too.

Debating whether to go with rio for the remaining 15 or the moments pack (5 tokens) and moments player pick (10 tokens)

Not a fan of the lottery ones and I would like moments rio as a united fan but same as others said earlier, I’m not sure how much fifa I’ll be playing by the end of June when I get him with restrictions eased etc.

Premier league TOTS really was so poor!! Anyone running a Prem squad got ripped off.

Premier league TOTS really was so poor!! Anyone running a Prem squad got ripped off.

It was awful!

Mine is mostly prem/la liga.

The pique sbc is tempting but I’m focused purely on getting cantona done now so I’ll probably pass on pique.

• Advertisement

Pique looked interesting until I compared stats with carvalho, nothing in it at cb with both as a shadow although I prefer carvalhos extra speed over piques defending

Has anyone tried Trippier?

I feel I need a RB that actually plays as a RB. I've got Cancelo and AWB but much prefer both at CB. Feel I really need a RB, specifically a RWB who can bomb up and down the wings all game, but my options are limited. Something like this...

YpItI0y.png

I feel I need a RB that actually plays as a RB. I've got Cancelo and AWB but much prefer both at CB. Feel I really need a RB, specifically a RWB who can bomb up and down the wings all game, but my options are limited. Something like this...

YpItI0y.png

Thr reviews suggest he is great defensively but poor going forward, zambrotta ?

YpItI0y.png

I’ve been using him as wanted a way to get better chemistry on the base Messi card I packed ages ago but haven’t really used.

Trippier replaced my stalwart Klaiber and he’s a pretty solid option if you need a RB. Stick a shadow on him and his acceleration and sprint speed goes to 99 as do his tackling stats.

So if you need him to go on overlaps his pace won’t be found wanting and added to 95 crossing makes him a decent attacking option. Like Klaiber he has 99 stamina so no worries on the fitness front.

He does pick up a few cards though although probably more about the way I defend as I just plough into everyone and hope for the best :)

Jesus, not having any luck at all in these TOTS packs - lowest rated one again in 85 Buyuk. He can follow Honeyman and the 86 Brazilian CB from Saudi League into the La Liga guaranteed tomorrow :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

YpItI0y.png

You could get Shaw into CB and put Cancelo RWB. Would give better chem too I think with Shaw beside AWB and VVD linking to Van Der Sar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

YpItI0y.png

Swap vvd and cancelo for chem , what about Reece James?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Have to say Cantona is amazing. He’s absolutely destroying teams with himself and Eusebio upfront in a 442.

84+ x20
    Not as nice as I hoped. It all goes towards Cantona anyway.

A746-B85-E-2-E49-47-AB-B7-C6-E465-C7-CCFFAD.jpg
    BABFB9-CD-F15-C-4667-BF53-73203265-C3-A3.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Hey lads, hope ye are all well, are any ye using TOTS Jonson Clarke-Harris, i hear he is the best striker in the game now, is he worth me re-installing the game, ha

So i re-installed and set up a new team on sunday, done the championship objectives and during those i got a 75+ player pack and guess who jumped out....TOTS Jonson Clarke-Harris, you couldnt make it up

Did anyone else get a welcome pack?

yes

AdamD wrote: »
    You could get Shaw into CB and put Cancelo RWB. Would give better chem too I think with Shaw beside AWB and VVD linking to Van Der Sar.

Actually leaning that way now. I looked at Cancelos stats and he looks insane as a RWB with his crossing.

Yes - anyone know what that’s about? Tried searching on the internet but couldn’t find anything about this - bit late for a welcome pack and anyway wouldn’t be looking forward to getting Buffarini from the Liberatodores league yet again lol

I think TOTS Suarez is going to be sacrificed on the alter of Cantona.

While he’s good, he’s awkward to chem into a team that’s basically a PL team with Ronaldo in it.

Which is the other issue. He’s basically nowhere near as good as Ronaldo (at least for my play style) and is forcing me into weird formations to try and fit him in. He’s not good enough to replace Ronaldo, and he’s not the type of striker I want along side Ronaldo either, to complement him.

A 95 will shave a massive chunk off Cantona, who will do a better job and fit into the squad via a formation I want to play, I think.

Isak is probably going to meet a similar fate too. I see everyone raving about him but I can’t get him to work at all. But everything I’ve read is he basically needs to play the role Ronaldo is already doing for me.

First world problems, but packing 95 Ronaldo basically made every other top striker I packed afterwards awful in comparison....

• Advertisement

so i take back my moaning about the player picks, welcome back to the fold Luis, TBH id have been elated with fekir, to get luis is amazing.

player-pick.jpg

new XI for chem

new-xi.jpg

and in game

Ingame.jpg

Anybody use TOTS Ricardo Santos from Bolton, top quality and cheap if anybody is looking for a good CB, 99 agility, 95 reactions and 88 balance along with 85+ defensive attributes, and 86acc and 83 pace before you add shadow chem

Cyrus wrote: »
    so i take back my moaning about the player picks, welcome back to the fold Luis, TBH id have been elated with fekir, to get luis is amazing.

player-pick.jpg

I'm still getting 80 - 82s only :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

The highest I have gotten from the picks is an 84.

However, I just did the 84 x 20

Tots Fekir
    Tots Moreno
    Turkish Tots
    IF Auba, might try my Arsenal XI again
    If Consigli (duplicate)
    Few 87 too and then a mix of 85 and 84

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Anybody use TOTS Ricardo Santos from Bolton, top quality and cheap if anybody is looking for a good CB, 99 agility, 95 reactions and 88 balance along with 85+ defensive attributes, and 86acc and 83 pace before you add shadow chem

I packed him but he is just too hard to chem in satisfactorily given the team I run, would have to probably buy Dias & Cancelo to make it work.

Frisbee wrote: »
    I packed him but he is just too hard to chem in satisfactorily given the team I run, would have to probably buy Dias & Cancelo to make it work.

I have him on 7 chem and he is still fantastic, i have a back 3 with TOTS Caulker, Gomez and they are very very solid

Finally packed something of high value from the 80+ La Liga Player pick at the 13th time of asking - not a TOTs but 89 Courtois so good fodder at least.

Talking of TOTs finally packed one and only the second promo card outside of guaranteed SBCs or objectives this entire Fifa. It was a La Liga TOTs as well but too much to hope it was going to be good as well and of course it was the lowest value one you could get - welcome Gerard Moreno, who I saw going for around 50k on the market a couple of days ago!

Didn’t even get the pleasure of seeing a walkout as It was from a La Liga Prime Players pack which I had to open from the app as wasn’t showing on console. Got the blue confetti so thought it was a TOTs - turned out it was Joao Felix’s UCL card and for some reason that was the headline pull and not Moreno!!

Just realised my club is completely empty now of <81 rated gold rares :pac: gonna have to take untradeable rewards again to build up my club for ultimate TOTS.

Also, there’s a new squad battles glitch. A lot easier than before too. All you need to do is run into the opponents box, hold L2 and wait for your player to turn his back to the defender and then simply walk out of the box holding L2. Once out of the box, let go of it and the opponent can’t get the ball.

• Advertisement

I've got to the point where I've had enough of the games where 80% of my 20 odd attempts will be blocked... so I've decided to try shooting on semi manual.

I'd rather see the shots go wide than keep managing to hit any player between the ball and the goal.

Be interesting to see does it help at all, as it stands the ball is being assisted towards other players so in theory it should now be more unpredictable.

I've got to the point where I've had enough of the games where 80% of my 20 odd attempts will be blocked... so I've decided to try shooting on semi manual.

I'd rather see the shots go wide than keep managing to hit any player between the ball and the goal.

Be interesting to see does it help at all, as it stands the ball is being assisted towards other players so in theory it should now be more unpredictable.

Waste of time.

Gave it three games but it took until the 3rd to have a high number.
    18 shots to his 5 odd and he won 3-2. A number were blocked anyway, some shots that would have hit the target went wide and I missed a one v one with a shot that went wide that wouldn't have with assisted.

So there doesn't seem to be any major pay off but you'll miss the target more from areas you wouldn't have otherwise.

Guess I'll just have to leave it on assisted and try milk the directional nutmeg more in a packed area. Getting the hang of it in open play but the brain can't initiate it around a packed box yet.

Also, there’s a new squad battles glitch. A lot easier than before too. All you need to do is run into the opponents box, hold L2 and wait for your player to turn his back to the defender and then simply walk out of the box holding L2. Once out of the box, let go of it and the opponent can’t get the ball.

Tried this but it doesn't work.
    Waste of time.

Gave it three games but it took until the 3rd to have a high number.
    18 shots to his 5 odd and he won 3-2. A number were blocked anyway, some shots that would have hit the target went wide and I missed a one v one with a shot that went wide that wouldn't have with assisted.

So there doesn't seem to be any major pay off but you'll miss the target more from areas you wouldn't have otherwise.

Guess I'll just have to leave it on assisted and try milk the directional nutmeg more in a packed area. Getting the hang of it in open play but the brain can't initiate it around a packed box yet.
    Have you tried learning shot cancels? It's a great way to stop the auto blocking. It was nerffed a bit but still can get you into a scoring position if timed well.

Not sure, seems to be working fine for me.. playing on world-class with some random silvers. Have you made sure to hold L2 until they’re completely stopped?

https://twitter.com/futzonecentral/status/1392106046177611781?s=21

Not sure, seems to be working fine for me.. playing on world-class with some random silvers. Have you made sure to hold L2 until they’re completely stopped?

https://twitter.com/futzonecentral/status/1392106046177611781?s=21

I'll give it another go but that's what I was trying earlier.

It's a no brainer for those doing Cantona to do the Courtois SBC and bung him in one of the sections. 80 rated and 84 with IFs, I'll easily have that in my club untradeable for a 94 rated.

• Advertisement

It's a no brainer for those doing Cantona to do the Courtois SBC and bung him in one of the sections. 80 rated and 84 with IFs, I'll easily have that in my club untradeable for a 94 rated.

Can’t believe how cheap that Courtois is

Have him done now and unless I bag a red varane tomorrow he’s going straight into the cantona sbc.

The la liga guaranteed sbc is an easy pass, over half the players cost less than the sbc so you’d have to be extremely lucky for it to be worth while

Hogey007 wrote: »
    The la liga guaranteed sbc is an easy pass, over half the players cost less than the sbc so you’d have to be extremely lucky for it to be worth while

Yeah, same here, I’d rather put the 87 squad into Cantona!

When should the showdown players get their boost?.

I have Rodyrgo done and hes still 89 despite them drawing. I couldn't see anything in a google search but it didnt seem like previous events took 4 days to update the players... ?.

I moved him to striker from the LW during the WL and he started banging them in so I'll be using him another while yet so want the boost.

Have you tried learning shot cancels? It's a great way to stop the auto blocking. It was nerffed a bit but still can get you into a scoring position if timed well.

As in doing fake shots or is that with the back triggers?.. it's really more that I'll generally have 60% possession so I'm attacking a set defence so theres so many bodies around, even if I faked one and turned back theres likely another.

I think the directional nutmeg from a standing position is really the key but it's just getting used to it more.

This is the first week I've had friendlies to play in weeks so I'll just work on getting nice angles to shift the ball, I dont think I even knew about the nutmeg when I last played friendlies.

• Advertisement
Advertisement