Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Hogey007 wrote: »
    The la liga guaranteed sbc is an easy pass, over half the players cost less than the sbc so you’d have to be extremely lucky for it to be worth while

Yeah, half thinking the same too. I’d have to move my entire squad around anyway if I packed anyone decent... even at that, it’d have to be Messi or Varane, which are pretty much zero chances of packing anyway. Would’ve thought an 86 or even 85 would’ve been sufficient.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

When should the showdown players get their boost?.

I have Rodyrgo done and hes still 89 despite them drawing. I couldn't see anything in a google search but it didnt seem like previous events took 4 days to update the players... ?.

I moved him to striker from the LW during the WL and he started banging them in so I'll be using him another while yet so want the boost.

As in doing fake shots or is that with the back triggers?.. it's really more that I'll generally have 60% possession so I'm attacking a set defence so theres so many bodies around, even if I faked one and turned back theres likely another.

I think the directional nutmeg from a standing position is really the key but it's just getting used to it more.

This is the first week I've had friendlies to play in weeks so I'll just work on getting nice angles to shift the ball, I dont think I even knew about the nutmeg when I last played friendlies.

Yeah shoot and press L2&R2 then move left stick to reposition your player while the defender makes a lunge animation.

The showdown upgrades should be done today.

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Yeah shoot and press L2&R2 then move left stick to reposition your player while the defender makes a lunge animation.

The showdown upgrades should be done today.

Yeah I saw that move in a video but never thought of it again.
    I'll mess around with it in friendlies.

Hes upgraded now. Was wondering as I was on at 4PM and he was still 89 so wondered was it an issue on my end.

He looks a serious card now.

Pace is nearly maxed, attacking position 99, finishing 94, agility 99, balance 96, stamina 99.. be doesn't really need any boosts for pace, shooting or dribbling.

Edit: 99 Free Kicks too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

The la liga guaranteed sbc is an easy pass, over half the players cost less than the sbc so you’d have to be extremely lucky for it to be worth while

Got Benzema!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

A mate got TOTS Messi in that 85+ La Liga Player Pick SBC! :eek:

I'm so jealous! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Got Benzema!

Nice return :)
    Fair play for taking the risk and getting the reward.

That 85 pp is good. Got Suarez

I don’t think anyone would get into my team from my red picks tomorrow. They may just be fodder. I’m rank 1 in div 1 at the minute, so could be getting a couple of ultimate packs tomorrow too.

Cantona only 3 87 squads away!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

20210512-233336.jpg
    85 player pick. Probably better value then the guaranteed one..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

The only reason for that is because of the Premier League tax. La Liga players generally always cost less than the equivalent Premier League player.

If you look at both squads, the La Liga team is better than the Premier League team overall so I don’t see why it’s an easy pass.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

92 Fekir
    89 Erwin
    89 Llorente

92 Carrasco
    86 Ghezzal
    85 Bayindir

Took Fekir and Carrasco, happily. Both will shave a lot off Cantona. Probably finish him today.

Chose biglia 91 and oblak 96 as my red picks.

Got another 96 oblak and 92 carrasco from the la liga 80+ pick from putting the untradeable low rated cards from rewards in it.

So I should also get cantona finished today.
    I just have an 88 and 2 87 rated squads left now after sacrificing tots oblak and tots courtois into the 89 squad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,276 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Cyrus wrote: »

Ingame.jpg

played my first two games of rivals with this team last night and i was scoring for fun, maybe i was just lucky but having coutinho, suarez, carrasco and isak all together gives so many options.

He isnt for everyone but isak suits my rudimentary play style, guy is a beast.

Also recommend Kounde at CB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Kounde & Lucas Vazquez

Vazquez looks brilliant, going to bring him and sell Atal for the coins

For people with Coutinho - would he work as a striker?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Red picks were alright this week :D:D:D

image.png

Lovely, TOTS Moreno from an upgrade pack :D
    These have been so amazing this week.

dmigsy wrote: »

image.png

Wow, congrats!!! :)

AdamD wrote: »
    Kounde & Lucas Vazquez

Vazquez looks brilliant, going to bring him and sell Atal for the coins

For people with Coutinho - would he works as a striker?

Inception seemed to think so, cant see why he wouldnt except for the strength side of things, he is neymar esque.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭rebelyell99

Vasquez and navas from gold 3 , happy with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Got Vasquez from the tots sbc and went with Navas for my red pick. Could run with both on right hand side and move Zambrotta to CB and then get a lique 1 LB when their tots to bring Mbappe and Sanches back to full chem.
    Or else chuck them into a SBC :D

Would have loved Messi's card...his toty card is just sublime.

For anyone on the fence about a LB/RB/CB....do yourself a favour and get Zambrotta...he absolutely rules in all positions and 5* wf makes him even better.

G2 Rewards:

94 Casemiro
    96 Oblak
    91 Navas
    88 Kounde

89 Erkin
    96 Oblak
    91 Navas
    88 Kounde

To fit Messi in, reckon I'll have to drop Rooney, sell Prime Cole and Sambia and get Alba and Zambrotta for the FB positions. Rooney will be a big miss but I'll give it a go.

screenshot.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Picks:

Navas
    Oblak

dmigsy wrote: »

image.png

:eek: Congrats dude! A red Messi is the stuff of dreams!

Blazer wrote: »
    For anyone on the fence about a LB/RB/CB....do yourself a favour and get Zambrotta...he absolutely rules in all positions and 5* wf makes him even better.

Glad I did him last week now.

I see he's gone up about 200k since then as a result of fodder rising for Cantona etc!

Is it Seria a or bundisliga this week do we know?

• Advertisement

Is it Seria a or bundisliga this week do we know?

Bundesliga I believe.

Serie A next week and then Ligue 1 the following week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭PGE1970

Looking for a bit of advice folks please.

I'm running a mostly La Liga team with Dalglish, Ashley Cole & Makelele thrown in.

I was going to do Coutinho SBC (€550k) but the Dalglish SBC has more or less rinsed me of my high rated fodder.

Would I be better using the coins to buy tradeable TOTS Fekir with TOTS Carrasco and Kounde thrown in for more or less the same coins as Coutinho?

Would SBC Coutinho be a huge upgrade on TOTS Fekir? I'm a Div 5 player so far from an elite player!

Any opinions??

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I'd go tradeable in that case... Fekir seems excellent in fairness when I come up against him.

PGE1970 wrote: »
    Looking for a bit of advice folks please.

I'm running a mostly La Liga team with Dalglish, Ashley Cole & Makelele thrown in.

I was going to do Coutinho SBC (€550k) but the Dalglish SBC has more or less rinsed me of my high rated fodder.

Would I be better using the coins to buy tradeable TOTS Fekir with TOTS Carrasco and Kounde thrown in for more or less the same coins as Coutinho?

Would SBC Coutinho be a huge upgrade on TOTS Fekir? I'm a Div 5 player so far from an elite player!

Any opinions??

Thanks

I'd 100% go for the players mentioned as opposed to the Coutinho SBC.

Would be far better bang for your buck IMO.

EA did me dirty, just completed the Courtois sbc, who do i get from the la liga tots pull

oblak :(

• Advertisement

Welcome to the club Eric the king!

Spent bout 400k to get him finished too. Hope he’s worth it, I’ve stripped my club bare.

Ronaldo, Cantona, Bruno up front. United team past and present ftw :P

Don't forget guys if anyone wants to spam upgrade packs for the Bundesliga TOTS or alternatively want to double your coins, mass bid on gold rares on Friday night and all day Saturday for between 650-750 coins. The later at night the easier but you'll still win loads for 750 or less during the day.

I posted about it last week and made over 500k as they all went up to 1400 as soon as the La Liga upgrades dropped!

BrentMused wrote: »
    Don't forget guys if anyone wants to spam upgrade packs for the Bundesliga TOTS or alternatively want to double your coins, mass bid on gold rares on Friday night and all day Saturday for between 650-750 coins. The later at night the easier but you'll still win loads for 750 or less during the day.

I posted about it last week and made over 500k as they all went up to 1400 as soon as the La Liga upgrades dropped!

is there any easy way of doing this automatically?

No, unfortunately not. It's definitely very time consuming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Found the web app to be helpful. Just copy and paste the bids.

Took untreadabe rewards this morning so I could throw the fodder back into upgrade packs. Managed to do 8 packs from them. Better then my red picks anyway.
    20210513-134753.jpg[/url]

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭rebelyell99

It will be interesting to see if we get similar levels of content for the Bundesliga tots or if Ea go back to pl level content ,this week has been great and hopefully it continues .

jayo26 wrote: »
    Took untreadabe rewards this morning so I could throw the fodder back into upgrade packs. Managed to do 8 packs from them. Better then my red picks anyway.
    20210513-134753.jpg[/url]

How are people getting 4 top picks in a pack.

I've had Atal, IF Dembele, TOTS Carrassco but it's never been more than one good player.

Sure I did the 85+ last week and got 4 goalies from the 5
    Ederson, Lloris and the rest were 85s.

Thats kind of the standard for me.

Wouldn't say I get nothing, but at best its the min amount of quality from the packs.

I've had Atal, IF Dembele, TOTS Carrassco but it's never been more than one good player.

Wouldn't say I get nothing, but at best its the min amount of quality from the packs.

That was 8 separate 80+ player pick packs mate. Showed the best one I got in each pack.

• Advertisement

For every person with jayo's luck there are 30-40 with terrible luck. (That's assuming you trust that all people actually have the same luck of course.)

If it helps I used my rewards this morning for fodder and did the same as jayo, I did 5 80+ pick packs and got 80,80,82,83 & an 86 Gomez. So my rule of thumb has always been put untradeable into SBC and sell anything tradable.

I'll have enough tokens for the 84 x 20 tonight so I think I'll just go ahead and do it in the hope of packing a decent La Liga TOTS.

I was all set to hoard everything for Ultimate TOTS but on second thoughts that's an awfully long time to wait. You're talking another 3 weeks and in June I really don't know how much I'm going to be able to play, especially with restrictions increasingly lifting and hopefully improving weather etc.

The above is also the reason why I'm leaning towards just taking a punt for 5 tokens on the Moments pack. I already have a very high end team and at this stage, the only thing that will improve it is a top tier TOTS or icon.

I'd love to do the Moments Player Pick for 10 tokens but again you're talking mid to end of June before it is unlockable and again I don't know how much I'll be playing then.

I'll probably pack rubbish in the 84 x 20 and the Moments but if there's anything decent there at least I'll get a bit of time to enjoy using them.

For me personally I just don't know how much time I'd get to enjoy even say a Eusebio, Pele etc if I was lucky enough to pack them at the far end of June.

Going to try to keep Rooney and drop Mbappe for Messi. Dest in at RB. I'll see how Neymar and Atal get on on 8 chem.

image.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Think I’ll call it a day on those 80+ player picks. I know people here and elsewhere have been pulling TOTs from them multiple times but for me it’s been complete and utter dross apart from a 89 Courtois there has been nothing better than an 84.

Have enough to do the La Liga guarantee but contemplating whether to put TOTs Moreno into it which if I did then you know I’d get him back or if I didn’t then I’d probably end up with him as a duplicate - still could end up with Messi or Varane, the hope keeps you going but also what will ultimately kill you too

Welcome to the club Eric the king!

5 games in and I’m getting hammered in each one by players over 100SR more than me, f*&k div 1!!

0 goals 4 assists in those games.

Boulders8 wrote: »
    Think I’ll call it a day on those 80+ player picks. I know people here and elsewhere have been pulling TOTs from them multiple times but for me it’s been complete and utter dross apart from a 89 Courtois there has been nothing better than an 84.

Have enough to do the La Liga guarantee but contemplating whether to put TOTs Moreno into it which if I did then you know I’d get him back or if I didn’t then I’d probably end up with him as a duplicate - still could end up with Messi or Varane, the hope keeps you going but also what will ultimately kill you too

messi varane suarez and to a lesser extent vazquez and benzema are what you would want, anything else is available for a reasonable price.

5 games in and I’m getting hammered in each one by players over 100SR more than me, f*&k div 1!!

0 goals 4 assists in those games.

In Div1 people tend to go all out attacking to try get through games quickly so they can get rank 1. There is no real punishment for losing or conceding, which means its better to lose a game 10-5 then win 1-0 as you will come away with more points. Hence why you will see fullbacks overlapping a lot more then you would when people are sweating.

Parawind wrote: »
    In Div1 people tend to go all out attacking to try get through games quickly so they can get rank 1. There is no real punishment for losing or conceding, which means its better to lose a game 10-5 then win 1-0 as you will come away with more points. Hence why you will see fullbacks overlapping a lot more then you would when people are sweating.

Today I was getting 5 at the back, 9 men behind the ball counter attacking.

Today I was getting 5 at the back, 9 men behind the ball counter attacking.

Give this system a try, its a great counter specifically against 5 at the back teams.

Neal Guides 4321

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Playing Squad Battles at the minute. It's possible to get Carvalho, Sosa, 2 swap tokens and Silver Beasts completed in 7 games.

Use a team full of Portuguese Silvers, with 5 from the Turkish League (they're pricey but you'll get your coins back when you sell) Then sub on Felix, an Argentinian player and a Silver TOTW. It's actually fairly easy once you remember what objectives you need to do in each game.

Advertisement