Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Bought TOTS Davies and moved PIM Zambrotta from LB to CB.

Can't believe I was "wasting" Zambrotta as a full back! My God he's absolutely amazing at CB! :eek:

Just got Coutinho there.
    The 80k I had covered it with mainly gold from my club.
    I dont think I even had to use any red/special cards in the end.

Let's me sell Vardy as he only fits in LCM and only brings Shaw down to 8.

I'll work towards someone like Ronaldinho next and replace Lucas.
    Next purchase really has to be someone a million plus now.
    Maybe even R.Carlos for the chem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,338 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

BrentMused wrote: »
    Bought TOTS Davies and moved PIM Zambrotta from LB to CB.

Can't believe I was "wasting" Zambrotta as a full back! My God he's absolutely amazing at CB! :eek:

Monster cdm also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Cyrus wrote: »
    Monster cdm also

hmmm..Jones is going off the pace and I could put Zambrotta in his place.
    Drop Cancelo and bring Trent toty in his place at RB.
    Or go with 3 x RB and toty Van Dijk.. would using Zambrotta, Cancelo and Trent get me massive amounts of hate? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Blazer wrote: »
    hmmm..Jones is going off the pace and I could put Zambrotta in his place.
    Drop Cancelo and bring Trent toty in his place at RB.
    Or go with 3 x RB and toty Van Dijk.. would using Zambrotta, Cancelo and Trent get me massive amounts of hate? :D

Who gives a f*CK, do what u enjoy. Don't think zambrotta would be a good CDM personally.

Who gives a f*CK, do what u enjoy. Don't think zambrotta would be a good CDM personally.

Yeah I love him on the lb/rb. He’s so strong in those roles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Plenty of new content just dropped including player picks and Bundasliga upgrade SBCs.

Silas Wamangituka TOTs up - 99 pace, guess he’ll be popular!

Also 3 new icons, Carlos Alberto, Gerrard and Yashin - the last two seem pretty obtainable if you want to do them

Icon sbcs out for Yashon, Alberto and Gerrard.
    Alberto seems fairly expensive for this time of year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Would’ve held off on Zambrotta two days ago if I knew PIM Alberto was coming :pac: oh well. PIM Gerrard needs to be completed as standard, same with Waman who is surprisingly cheap.

• Advertisement

Got Conan from the 85+ pick and then Davies from the German tots challenge sbc. Nice.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Might do Wama s a super sub. I love his Silver Stars card and with Cantona done, I need somewhere to put some fodder, especially since I’ve no interest in those icons.

Servers are woeful.
    Cantona is dreadful with bad servers, makes me regret doing him as Puskas was Puskas regardless of how the servers was. He’d just score all around him. Cantona can’t even pass the damn ball.

I’m 4-7 down ffs.
    I’ve never been 4-7 ever for my first 11 games.

2-0 down against a guy in 40 mins and I should be 4 up.
    Cantona can’t string a pass or a skill together without falling over.
    Subs him off, moved Mbappe back up front with Eusebio and at 44 mins it’s 2-2.
    He rage quits at 6-2.
    Cantona will be lucky to make the bench for the rest of the weekend.

Booo, the player picks aren’t league specific?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

That was a real slog. Never really got into a groove. Missed so many easy chances. Isak seemed to score every time I faced him.

Had 2 games where my inputs were on about a half-second delay. Unplayable. Lost one 7-0 and one 5-0. I almost never lose by 2 goals or more. More swearing this weekend than in the last 5 put together.

Still not sold on Messi even though he had a decent amount of assists. Considered putting Mbappe back in at one stage. Only having 2 of the front four with 5* skills is a bit of a pain. Might be better as a supersub with Mane.

image.png

• Moderators Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Unreal sweaty weekend. Wrapped up at 17-5, if the WL's continue to be like this I might just park it. :pac:

Not worth the hardship when every game is weirdly heavy, yet on Rivals I can batter 9 out of 10 other Div 1 guys by 3, 4 or 5 goals playing fun, smooth fifa.

• Advertisement

Iv heard Carlos Alberto is unreal has anyone used his moments card? I'm very tempted

Iv heard Carlos Alberto is unreal has anyone used his moments card? I'm very tempted

There's no way he's any better than Zambrotta at half the price.
    If you haven't done Zambrotta do him instead of Alberto.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Blazer wrote:
    There's no way he's any better than Zambrotta at half the price. If you haven't done Zambrotta do him instead of Alberto.

Why? You seem to have this idea zambrotta is the best CB in the game. He was good a month ago, but he's behind the curve now.

Icons in general aren't the best players anymore. Look at Tapsoba, best CB in the game by quite a bit.

RossieMan wrote: »
    Why? You seem to have this idea zambrotta is the best CB in the game. He was good a month ago, but he's behind the curve now.

Icons in general aren't the best players anymore. Look at Tapsoba, best CB in the game by quite a bit.

Never said he was the best cb , not sure where you’re getting that from.
    What I said was that Alberto is not worth double his price and to do Zambrotta instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

13-7 at the minute. Every game is sweaty, usually winning or losing by one. Servers were a mess earlier but seem to be alright now.

If I was working tomorrow and didn't have a few cans in the fridge I'd wrap it but I'll continue on for 17.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Blazer wrote: »
    Never said he was the best cb , not sure where you’re getting that from.
    What I said was that Alberto is not worth double his price and to do Zambrotta instead.

Zambrotta is unreal excellent all round defender. Rissie has his little triggers by the looks of it about fullbacks playing in cb but Zambrotta still holds his own. I'm sh1t at defending but Zambrotta saves me so many times.

Just had my best weekend of the year. I don't have time to keep playing but really enjoyed it this weekend got to 17 wins with 6 games left. Vardy is just awesome for me Id never of tried him only for he is a red pick but love him.

Screenshot-20210516-234102-FUT-Track.jpg

553280.jpg
    Terrible start , a lot of one goal defeats , only 2 or 3 games I was outclassed. Coutinho is class playing as a striker along with cr7. Neymar mbappe out wide and sanches and Vazquez cm in a 442

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I’m in love with Cantona, 58 goal contributions from CAM, stats speak for themselves.
    F0710130-8-BDA-44-F6-9-E9-C-6543500-E06-E4.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

G2 - 19-11

Picked up Zambrotta and used him as a RCM in a 3 man midfield and he worked pretty well. I decided to experiment this week and played the whole weekend with my fullbacks on balanced.

It added a nice bit of variety to the gameplay and got through games a lot faster with more rage quits but honestly if you want to win you just can't play it against good players with the sluggish gameplay.

Having extra players in the attack might seem like it should give you more threat but all it actually does is drag even more players deeper and then you have less space to operate. Bizarrely I found myself hitting the woodwork far more often too, not sure if this was due to less space or just the bad gameplay but 6 times in 1 game was a little frustrating.

The content overall has been great lately so I'm not having a go, but the 81+ player pick not being Bundesliga specific has killed it in terms of it being worth grinding.

I've watched over 200 on YouTube and yet to see a Bundesliga TOTS from them yet.

So many 82's in those picks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

BrentMused wrote:
    The content overall has been great lately so I'm not having a go, but the 81+ player pick not being Bundesliga specific has killed it in terms of it being worth grinding.

They've looked great for fodder from what I've seen. Even the 85+ bundeliga only have out 5-6 of the same players over and over.
    Managed to have time to get to G1 this week. Won't be greedy and would be happy with goretzka and Lewa from the picks.

RossieMan wrote: »
    They've looked great for fodder from what I've seen. Even the 85+ bundeliga only have out 5-6 of the same players over and over.
    Managed to have time to get to G1 this week. Won't be greedy and would be happy with goretzka and Lewa from the picks.

Might do a couple hundred thousand worth of Bundesliga premium upgrades and recycle anything low rated into the 81+ player picks for a bit of fun :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Did the Libertadores league SBC as the requirements now are much lower than before, got Haaland and Kimmich in two separate packs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

What minor league are we expecting this evening?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Frisbee wrote: »
    What minor league are we expecting this evening?

I think it’s Liga Nos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭piplip87

Well that's me out for another year. Good game this year. Ultimate team was the best pack luck I have had so far. Just bored of it at this stage.

Was fantastic that the objectives where mainly done through friendlies so no self relegation made Rivials a great challenge again. Managed to get to division 4 with a gold rare team.

Still feel the game is far to reliant on pack luck/FIFA points. Can't complain to much because the gameplay this year had been brilliant.

Off to play normal online seasons and a career now for a while.

BrentMused wrote: »
    Might do a couple hundred thousand worth of Bundesliga premium upgrades and recycle anything low rated into the 81+ player picks for a bit of fun :)

I'm wondering if it's worth running through the German League SBC after doing the premium upgrades. I know in previous years it was fun when you knew you were getting the League Player at the end. Not sure if the final Ultimate pack (amoung others) is as worth it though.

Ha, Kimmich in my third Premium Upgrade! Already paid off!

Does anyone else find that after a point it doesn't matter what players you have?.

I scrapped to 14 wins with 1 game to go. Easily got 17 the two previous and 14 the first.

The difference in my players is huge since the first of those 4, yet my win ratio is pretty consistent.

I might make some radical changes but Atal is a curse in that I can't move Makelele from linking with him, any major shifts would leave me with a number on low chem and I'm not keen to have 4/5 players on 7-9.
    I was looking at a 343 with some of those German SBCs or I could even replace the second LB with the German SBC CB and get similar Chem since I've a few icons.

It's just so bloody difficult to change things up now bar upgrading two players unless I want to leave decent players out who are doing fine.

Does anyone else find that after a point it doesn't matter what players you have?.

I scrapped to 14 wins with 1 game to go. Easily got 17 the two previous and 14 the first.

The difference in my players is huge since the first of those 4, yet my win ratio is pretty consistent.

I might make some radical changes but Atal is a curse in that I can't move Makelele from linking with him, any major shifts would leave me with a number on low chem and I'm not keen to have 4/5 players on 7-9.
    I was looking at a 343 with some of those German SBCs or I could even replace the second LB with the German SBC CB and get similar Chem since I've a few icons.

It's just so bloody difficult to change things up now bar upgrading two players unless I want to leave decent players out who are doing fine.

I been like that all year a steady 17 wins no matter what level my team is. I sold up my team one weekend and played with 86 rated team and still had 17 wins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,338 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

jayo26 wrote: »
    I been like that all year a steady 17 wins no matter what level my team is. I sold up my team one weekend and played with 86 rated team and still had 17 wins.

and to be honest thats the reality, i know for me personally as someone who has come back to the game after maybe not playing for a decade or more if i spent more time practicing with the players i had (decent gold EPL team) rather than getting into the card trading side of it id be a much much better player.

that said since the LL TOTS and getting ISAK and King Luis i am doing a lot better in rivals than i had been :D

Everybody else's team is improving too though , after all my work , I'm using the exact same back 4 that I was using 300 games ago . Want to change it but can't see it improving me that much tbh

I wouldn't worry about players on 7-9 chem.
    Their base stats are far more important ie a Neymar on 4 chem is still miles better than a Gnarby on 10 chem.
    I used to get hung on it too until this year. Nealguides had an excellent video on it...he's hammering his way to 30-0 with players on 4-5 chem and was saying its a folly trying to fit in a card specifically just to get 10 chem when the alternative player is miles better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Just a heads up, I'm sure most of us have a fair whack of prem players in the club at the minute. Most gold common prem players are going for 700 odd at the min bar some city and Liverpool players.

I just finished the prem SBC for roughly 70k in total spend with selling all tradeable cards.

Packed TOTS kimmich feom the ultimate pack along with Auba, Witsel and a few other high rated fodder throughout.

Worth looking into doing considering how expensive prem players usually are. Il probably do it again over the next couple days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Managed to somehow get promoted to Div 1 today :D nice 50k to the coin balance.

stuchyg wrote: »
    Just a heads up, I'm sure most of us have a fair whack of prem players in the club at the minute. Most gold common prem players are going for 700 odd at the min bar some city and Liverpool players.

I just finished the prem SBC for roughly 70k in total spend with selling all tradeable cards.

Packed TOTS kimmich feom the ultimate pack along with Auba, Witsel and a few other high rated fodder throughout.

Worth looking into doing considering how expensive prem players usually are. Il probably do it again over the next couple days

I've rinsed my club so much doing upgrades that I literally don't have one common gold player in my club anymore as of a few minutes ago! :pac:

Finished the German League SBC for the first time. Packed a Turkish League TOTS, as well as Suarez and Carvajal from the Ultimate Pack.

Packed TOTS Hummels from finishing the Copa Lib SBC though.

Packed TOTS Silva from the 85+ pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Forgotten my name

Hi Lads,

I have never played a full year of Fifa so TOTS is new to me. I have some packs sitting in my store and just wondering when I should open them? I have a Ligue 1 team so should I open them all during that and hope for Neymar/Mbappe or just wait for Ultimate TOTS at that stage or will it be impossible to pack anyone during UTOTS? Cheers

Hi Lads,

I have never played a full year of Fifa so TOTS is new to me. I have some packs sitting in my store and just wondering when I should open them? I have a Ligue 1 team so should I open them all during that and hope for Neymar/Mbappe or just wait for Ultimate TOTS at that stage or will it be impossible to pack anyone during UTOTS? Cheers

To be blunt, your chance of actually packing a TOTS of any kind is low enough. The chances of packing a Neymar or Mbappe are it the percentage of a percent range :P

If you're willing to wait till Friday for the Ligue 1 TOTS, it certainly wouldn't hurt. But I wouldn't massively be letting it dictate the entirety of your decisions.

• Advertisement

Im still getting button lag pretty much constantly now.

My NAT type is strict, I had to change to IPV4 or whatever it's called to play NBA 2k online so I'll get that put back, and I'll try a different controller as well as I dont think this was always there but definitely is the last week.

If neither of those work I'll pack this in.

The game looks to run fine but everything I do is a fraction slow.
    An example in a friendly I had there, I passed it back to my goalie and was passing straight away but when he got the ball he took a quick touch and then passed it.

Most times it's not an issue but it's the 1:10 one that leads to an error etc.

It's so constant now though it cant be a server issue or I should be benefitting from it, then again if the servers are in central Europe than us in the west are even further than those in the east.

Anyone else on Xbox, or in the West getting this?.

Hoping the NAT change is a eureka moment but we'll see.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Plenty of Ronaldo bait in the new Liga NOS team. Serie A is coming Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Lord TSC wrote: »
    To be blunt, your chance of actually packing a TOTS of any kind is low enough. The chances of packing a Neymar or Mbappe are it the percentage of a percent range :P

If you're willing to wait till Friday for the Ligue 1 TOTS, it certainly wouldn't hurt. But I wouldn't massively be letting it dictate the entirety of your decisions.

It's Serie A on Friday I thought.

Did the icon moments pack for 5 tokens.

Vidic. He won't even see my squad and will just go straight into another SBC.

That new 91+ prime icon pick is a pity it wasn't 92+ as that would get rid of a lot of the rubbish.

I'll still probably take a shot at it though for a bit of fun.

My team is realistically pretty much as good as I can get now unless I pack something insane or spend a fortune so I'm just going to take more and more punts on the likes of the above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Did that 85+ Player Pick for the Bundesliga because I seen the odds were pretty good, you have a chance to pack from:

15* TOTS
    2* TOTW
    5* Gold

So of course the three players I got to pick from were Gold Gulasci, Gold Gnabry and TOTW Kramaric. I swear my account is cursed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement