Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Yeah!! At least you'll get 3 extra player picks if you do it this weekend :)

This swayed me to play weekend league.

I’ll get moments rio out of it and the extra picks.

Not sure if I’ll get to play all my matches but I’ll just do it over course of 2 weeks if I need to.

I like the 8 French players challenge element to it too. Forces me to change it up a little and use players like tots kimpembe, fut birthday mandanda etc that I just had collecting dust.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Barlett

Lewandowski with one straight from the Fifa 21 playbook

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

FOF Felix from the 82+ pack :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Neymar, Kante and Laporte from that pack too… not too bad!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Have they said what the cap is on ratings or what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

French players..you need french players to get those picks.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Have they said what the cap is on ratings or what?

Yeah it mentions it.

Cant recall off hand but 7 wins was, I believe, 89 min.
    Whether that raised for 12 and 15 wins I cant recall but its 1 of 3 then 1 of 4 and 1 of 5 for 15 wins.

I already have 7 decent French players so I just need to add one to comply with it.
    Wont hurt my quality too much bar the 8th player unless I invest.

Hmm, forcing specific players in a WL is weird, but I already run five French players in my main squad, and have two on the bench.

Might be a fun weekend with casuals going for swaps AND having to use unusual teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Lord TSC wrote:
    Might be a fun weekend with casuals going for swaps AND having to use unusual teams.

It's going to be the sweatiest weekend of the year. Toxic beyond anything you could imagine.

Swaps has been hell this time I've found.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

RossieMan wrote: »
    It's going to be the sweatiest weekend of the year. Toxic beyond anything you could imagine.

Swaps has been hell this time I've found.

Everyone says that every week, first it was pl tots , then ligue 1 tots then ultimate tots

• Advertisement

Did anyone keep their montipo til now, sold 3 there for 30k each ,insta selling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Did anyone keep their montipo til now, sold 3 there for 30k each ,insta selling

Yeah I shifted all my Montipos, Hennessys, Trossards and Pereiras last week finally. All insta-selling at Max BIN which was nice.

Nothing from WL as I stopped at 8 wins.
    Rivals paid out prime Van Der Sar so happy with that.
    Young fella plays all the squad battles and he loves having all the icons on. He’s on a mission to have Garrincha to overtake Mbappe as top scorer :)

G3 Rewards:

91 Ilicic
    88 Baku
    90 Tagliafico

90 Bailey
    89 Skriniar
    88 MacLaren

Only one non top 5 league player from the picks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭Tenks

Got TOTS Salah in my reds. Doesn't fit in my system so will have to shoehorn him in somehow, looking forward to trying him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Marquinhos and Cuadrado in my red picks. Ideal for when I pack TOTS Neymar, Mbappe and Ronaldo :pac:

Everyone says that every week, first it was pl tots , then ligue 1 tots then ultimate tots

Yeah, Weekend League is toxic every week imo.

All that changes on these sorts of weekends are skill level. I never mind "sweaty" players that much cause, at this stage, I find the whole drop back, long ball, pace merchant stuff so easy to identify and counter. At this point, they aren't the players I dread at all.

92 Carrasco
    90 Tadic
    88 Berardi

93 Muriel
    88 Baku
    92 Sabitzer

Took Carrasco (who I already have) and Muriel as the higehst rated fodder.

Crazy amount of 83s in my packs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,276 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

jesus EA did me dirty on the 3*87 and 85+ pick sbcs :(

not a promo player in site and i wasted TOTS muriel in one of them

stupid

• Advertisement

Grabbing FoF Pogba for the weekend for the lolz. Need French players, and I've had 1.9m in my balance for weeks as the game ends, so don't care if it drops.

Probably grab PIM Blanc as well. Just need to figure out if I want or can spend 700k anywhere else on the team then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Not going to bother with the French player picks. Only the very top picks would get in my team at this stage anyway. And I've no coins left.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Grabbing FoF Pogba for the weekend for the lolz. Need French players, and I've had 1.9m in my balance for weeks as the game ends, so don't care if it drops.

Probably grab PIM Blanc as well. Just need to figure out if I want or can spend 700k anywhere else on the team then.

What’s your French team looking like? I’m going with this at the minute.

BE0399-FC-271-A-4-DF4-97-B6-CBDD7-FB4-A17-B.jpg

Cyrus wrote: »
    jesus EA did me dirty on the 3*87 and 85+ pick sbcs :(

not a promo player in site and i wasted TOTS muriel in one of them

stupid

Yeha my 85+ pick was 3* 85s and De Gea.

Then my 3* 87s were Szczesny, Bernardo Silva & Ederson.

Got Hummels and gundogan from red picks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Path to Glory 2 SBC up - 85 squad and 50 chem - more reasonable than the first one. Might do it and if I end up with Chilwell or Martinez then can fire them into the 87x3 upgrade before it expires

• Advertisement

Got Joao Felix from the fof upgrade pack.
    Nice result.
    Was considering buying him anyway

Militao from mine! Would’ve liked Firmino but I’ll take a Militao.

Twitch stream is on now for the South American play offs in the FGS. A token available for 1 hour of having it on which pretty much comes immediately after an hour of watching.

3 more events after this so 4 available which will get you a free Jumbo Rare players pack although you’ll have to wait until August for the last one which may not be worth hanging about for

Klosterman from mine.
    That’s Tapsoba, Davies and Him. Would have to switch from tots Ederson to Van De Sar.
    And I don’t think I could drop Toty Virgil into an sbc.

Debating whether to submit for FoF2 guarantee - worried about getting a untradeable duplicate Chilwell or Martinez. Opened a Gold Players pack instead, just looking for fodder - who do I get? Duplicate Chilwell of course - FFS :)-

• Advertisement

FOF Griezmann - Mbappe
    Cantona
    TOTS Matuidi - FOF Pogba
    TOTS Hernandez - TOTS Mukele - Blanc - TOTS AWB - TOTS Cancelo
    VDS

Running that for the weekend. Likely sub on Ronaldo ASAP.

Got Alexis Sanchez from the Path To Glory 2 SBC. At least he wasn’t a duplicate but could have done with someone in another position as did Hatboer a couple of days ago. Will have to switch to a RW and RM formation or play Hateboer off chem

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

It's actually ridiculous how pack rate is clearly adjusted if you have an undtradeable version of a player. I had PTG Gini. Got PTG Gini back. Same as last week. DUPSTERS PARADISE.

THANKS EA <3

Lamposts wrote: »
    It's actually ridiculous how pack rate is clearly adjusted if you have an undtradeable version of a player. I had PTG Gini. Got PTG Gini back. Same as last week. DUPSTERS PARADISE.

THANKS EA <3

Best feature they could bring in for FIFA 22 would be the return of duplicate storage which they had in the World Cup mode in 2018. Of course they wouldn’t want you hoarding high value duplicates which would make it easier to do high rated SBCs but even if they limited it to only being able to keep them for say a month and if then not used they would expire would be something

Did the 7 swaps pack - 92+ moments icon.. Stoichkov. Not too bad, I guess. Got confused with flags and thought it was Puskas :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,931 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

This game is poetry

2 trash PIMs and the one player I DESPERATELY wanted as a PIM as his Prime version

IMG_20210625_014638.jpg?width=1250&height=938

Gotta love the FIFA community! Was playing a game of Swaps last night, concede the first goal, other guy pauses and sends me a message to tell me to quit as its golden goal calling me an idiot. Message him back saying if you pause there is no quitting. He keeps pausing but I play on - game was pretty even, was 2-2 then went behind and then conceded a late goal when going all out attack!

Guy messages me again gloating about his win, I respond by telling him I only needed 1 goal to complete the objective and he was the idiot as I made him play the whole game when he obviously wanted a quick win. He then proceeds to cast aspersions on my parentage and saying he was too busy to reply as was playing with my mothers private parts!

Had enough of him at this stage, told him he was a d@#k head, blocked him and went to bed. Woke up this morning to an email from PSN saying I’d breached their code of conduct and warning me not to do it again - obviously said guy likes to dish it out but cries when he gets it back!

I generally don’t respond to messages if I don’t know them but was something about this waster that got my goat! Lesson learned though - messages now turned off!!

Got Klosterman in the guaranteed FOF SBC! No use to me really. I wanted Pogba but that was a tough ask.

Went and bought him for the French W/L team instead.

Alexis Sanchez from the upgrade pack. Zero use to me. Would it have been too much to ask for Pogba? :pac:
    Boulders8 wrote: »
    Best feature they could bring in for FIFA 22 would be the return of duplicate storage which they had in the World Cup mode in 2018. Of course they wouldn’t want you hoarding high value duplicates which would make it easier to do high rated SBCs but even if they limited it to only being able to keep them for say a month and if then not used they would expire would be something

You're describing the Quick Sell Recovery there basically.

Frisbee wrote: »
    Alexis Sanchez from the upgrade pack. Zero use to me. Would it have been too much to ask for Pogba? :pac:

I got Sanchez too - can at least use him in the Serie A swaps objectives

You're describing the Quick Sell Recovery there basically.

Yeah but the duplicate storage on that World Cup mode was unlimited I think so would be good if the Buick sell recovery was the same instead of being limited to 5 and having to remember to recover them. Nothing worse than getting a high rated duplicate unless you get a high rated duplicate and there isn’t anything decent to put it into and then it clogs up you pack opening ability

• Advertisement

Paredes from the FOF gtee :( decent player but i already have cancelo

Anyone know if there is new promo starting tonight or is the Festival of Futball continuing and all FoF cards will be in packs?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Did that upgrade. Put in FoF nandez. Got FoF nandez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Boulders8 wrote: »
    Gotta love the FIFA community! Was playing a game of Swaps last night, concede the first goal, other guy pauses and sends me a message to tell me to quit as its golden goal calling me an idiot. Message him back saying if you pause there is no quitting. He keeps pausing but I play on - game was pretty even, was 2-2 then went behind and then conceded a late goal when going all out attack!

Guy messages me again gloating about his win, I respond by telling him I only needed 1 goal to complete the objective and he was the idiot as I made him play the whole game when he obviously wanted a quick win. He then proceeds to cast aspersions on my parentage and saying he was too busy to reply as was playing with my mothers private parts!

Had enough of him at this stage, told him he was a d@#k head, blocked him and went to bed. Woke up this morning to an email from PSN saying I’d breached their code of conduct and warning me not to do it again - obviously said guy likes to dish it out but cries when he gets it back!

I generally don’t respond to messages if I don’t know them but was something about this waster that got my goat! Lesson learned though - messages now turned off!!

Yeah with the report culture now rampant these days, having messages turned on is way too risky.

Even with a defence of PIM Zambrotta, moments Gomez, FoF Militao and FoF Chilwell, I still get smacked by a gold Neymar :pac: need to change formation from a 4312… thinking of trying out the 4222. Anyone any recommended tactics?

7 wins with French players pick

93 coman
    89 berradi
    90 davidson

Obviously took Coman, nice start to it anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Boulders8 wrote:
    Anyone know if there is new promo starting tonight or is the Festival of Futball continuing and all FoF cards will be in packs?

New summer promo apparently.

Got hazard from my pack, one of the better pulls from here I see!

Josef Martinez is best supersub I've used all year. Have marksman on him and he's electric

Josef Martinez is best supersub I've used all year. Have marksman on him and he's electric

He gets basically no boost from the chemstyle as a sub but that's where really good base pace stats help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Packed him earlier. Very useful off the bench

Advertisement