Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Spent 40k on the hybrid leagues SBC - Gabriel Jesus, Mbabu, Thiago, Parejo with a bunch of 2-3k players there + a hunter chem style... unreal return on that - about 120k worth.

Edit: hybrid nations completed for about 10k - Sane and Manolas in that one! Think that brings me to 500k-600k just from packs.. not half bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

been a while since I did nights at work but covering for a mate means I'm picking up 88 Handanovic for 12k lol :)
    Fifa 18 some weekends I'd make a mill doing nights...god bless Idrissa Geuye in fifa 18 :D

On the plus side it looks like my clubname which I had for 11 years is off the ban list after last year.
    Hello Muthafrakkers.
    Wonder how long it lasts this time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Got Zaha, a hunter and shadow in one pack from my pre order awards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Is it only me or are injuries not actually a thing in FUT this year?

I haven't had a single player injured in roughly 50+ games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Picked this up last night after skipping FIFA 20, which seems to have been a good idea! Looking forward to getting back into this given I've free weekends for the foreseeable future

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

Anyone noticed the market is dropping in price this morning? Picked up a lot of cards last night for trading and their prices seem to be going down. Is this due to people opening their squad battle rewards ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Yup I'd say so - everyone is using first squad batteles rewards to try and upgrade their teams, or else swap their teams to a different league/nation after the first weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

CSWS101 wrote: »
    Anyone noticed the market is dropping in price this morning? Picked up a lot of cards last night for trading and their prices seem to be going down. Is this due to people opening their squad battle rewards ?

They released a bunch of Player and MEGA Packs last night that seemed to tank the market temporarily. Should be back to normal by tonight, I'd imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Blazer wrote: »
    On the plus side it looks like my clubname which I had for 11 years is off the ban list after last year.
    Hello Muthafrakkers.
    Wonder how long it lasts this time.

Reported! :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

So a good time to double down and invest further..

• Advertisement

Good time to invest in meta players, they'll pick up value when people start building their weekend league teams this week.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'd imagine it dips most Monday mornings, partily because of squad battle rewards, partly because kids have gone back to school and have sold up, meaning less demand ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Is there definitely a Weekend League this weekend lads? It’s still showing as “no upcoming Weekend League” on the menu.

I could do with it being held off another week as I try to trade my way up to 500k for VVD! :pac:

BrentMused wrote: »
    Is there definitely a Weekend League this weekend lads? It’s still showing as “no upcoming Weekend League” on the menu.

I could do with it being held off another week as I try to trade my way up to 500k for VVD! :pac:

If you wait another week he could be 600k!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Yeah I believe the first Fut Champs starts this Friday.

Ah ****, was going to pick up a few OTW Odegaard at 22k~ on Saturday morning but got distracted and now he’s up to 33k in line for a TOTW :pac:

Played Rivals for the first time since my placement games. Just got a couple of games in on my lunch break - lost the first 3-1 and won the second 5-1, division 3.

However, has anyone experienced significant button delay while playing online? Now I'm not talking about the odd split second delay that we are all accustomed to, but literally pressing X to pass the ball only for it not to register for so long that my player runs out over the touchline with the ball :eek:

My internet connection is spot on, ping of about 4 and I never had any issues at all last year or in years previous. I'm hoping it's just a bad time for the servers or something as it will literally be unplayable like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Don’t even have the game and already have 3 icons.
    Haven’t even complete the trial as I wanted to continue trading which is blocked as soon as the trial expires.
    Bog standard but by the time Fifa21 is free with EA pass in Feb/Mar I’m on a good footing hopefully when icons will be required in SBCs and their prices rocket up.

8-ED850-F7-F92-B-4166-93-D3-90877-E850-B80.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Screenshot-20201012-144756.jpg
    geojson validator

This is what I'm currently running in game. Starting to defend a bit better. I think the trick is to keep your finger off the sprint button when jockeying. Also, stand your opponent up and keep your shape. You've a good chance of knicking the ball or getting a block in. Love keeping a clean sheet now.

Next purchase will be Ramos, but as you can see with my sponds, I'll have a while to go :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

What do ye reckon Base Vidic looks like.

Set out when icons were announced that I would try get Vidic or Cantona. Cantona seems so far away.

Base Vidic is 700k though. Has very good pace and defending/physicals.

Choice is between Base Hierro, VVD and Base Vidic, leaning to Base Vidic but surely his price will drop a fair bit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

Rossi IRL wrote: »

Set out when icons were announced that I would try get Vidic or Cantona. Cantona seems so far away.

Choice is between Base Hierro, VVD and Base Vidic, leaning to Base Vidic but surely his price will drop a fair bit?

i think i'd go VVD first, i think he will rise in price while vidic is coming down, so could just get VVD now, and make some profit when switching to vidic, if it goes the way vvd goes up and vidic comes down.

Rossi IRL wrote: »

I'm dying to use him also, I don't think he'll be anywhere near VVD but you can link him much better.

7 games played tonight, 7 defeats and a lot of them weren’t even close.

To be honest I have no business being in division 3 so it might just be a case of sticking with it and losing until I end up where I should be, but man, it’s not much fun :(

7 games played tonight, 7 defeats and a lot of them weren’t even close.

To be honest I have no business being in division 3 so it might just be a case of sticking with it and losing until I end up where I should be, but man, it’s not much fun :(

as long as youre not losing to people who play a song after they score its alright :D:D are you xbox or ps4 ?

chips1234 wrote: »
    as long as youre not losing to people who play a song after they score its alright :D:D are you xbox or ps4 ?

I’ve long since learned to just play my own music now whilst playing FIFA so thankfully I won’t hear it even if they are! :pac:

PS4 mate.

What tactics are you running? I remember you putting up a great post last week about it but can’t find it.

I’ve long since learned to just play my own music now whilst playing FIFA so thankfully I won’t hear it even if they are! :pac:

PS4 mate.

What tactics are you running? I remember you putting up a great post last week about it but can’t find it.

if youre struggling id go with the tactics that v3ttel posted before that imo, it will jsut tighten things up, unless your problem is scoring, what team are you running formation etc ?

So what’s the point of having a 30 game limit in rivals if they’re still not giving you a win when your opponent quits?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,834 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Seems to be the case that they're using SBMM in Draft and Friendlies too (ie you get matched against players with similar Skill Rating) which seems like a terrible idea, if this is the case can't I just relegate myself to Div 10 and then easily win the draft every single time?

Not sure if anyone has seen but there’s 50k pack and 100k pack objectives for scoring and assisting and you can do them vs AI in friendly matches.

Did the 50k pack this morning (100 goals) in 3 games, easy enough. Gonna chip away at the 2x 100k pack (500 goals + 500 assists) over the next couple of days.

• Advertisement

Not sure if anyone has seen but there’s 50k pack and 100k pack objectives for scoring and assisting and you can do them vs AI in friendly matches.

Did the 50k pack this morning (100 goals) in 3 games, easy enough. Gonna chip away at the 2x 100k pack (500 goals + 500 assists) over the next couple of days.

enjoy the pure excitement of scoring an average of 45 goals a game on beginner in squad battles :D:D best i got from those packs was otw odegaard.

Advertisement