Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,984 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Still can't understand why they're waiting so long to release Icon Swaps, last year it started 9 days ago, this year we're still at least 6 weeks away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Honestly guys does anyone have any idea what EA’s reasoning behind their decisions is?

- Game essentially dead online between Monday-Wednesday for those who chose to play their flagship mode

- SBC’s being released asking for specific cards that weren’t yet in packs

- Icon Swaps as mentioned pushed out for months

I know the SBC reasoning is probably hoping people will buy packs to get the UCL cards, but it’s like they are trying to kill engagement with the game a couple of weeks in.

I just don’t see their logic at all? :confused:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Same with the Copa cards. They are great for the SBCs, but without them, they literally do nothing but spoil packs, blocking boards and walkouts of players who you might actually use...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

BrentMused wrote: »
    Honestly guys does anyone have any idea what EA’s reasoning behind their decisions is?

- Game essentially dead online between Monday-Wednesday for those who chose to play their flagship mode

- SBC’s being released asking for specific cards that weren’t yet in packs

- Icon Swaps as mentioned pushed out for months

I know the SBC reasoning is probably hoping people will buy packs to get the UCL cards, but it’s like they are trying to kill engagement with the game a couple of weeks in.

I just don’t see their logic at all? :confused:

On the 30 rivals ones, I would say that was just a complete cock up that they couldn’t fix on time about the wl games, as it would involve coding and possible a patch (I’m no expert there so not sure)
    So they just ran with what they did while they work on a fix, in a week or 2 when fix is ready they’ll say “oh we listened to the community and wl games no longer count towards the 30”

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Same with the Copa cards. They are great for the SBCs, but without them, they literally do nothing but spoil packs, blocking boards and walkouts of players who you might actually use...

Speaking of which the UCL cards are back to all being Boards and 84+ cards being Walkouts....like they were for the first few months of 20 before EA fixed them, which only furthers the idea that EA really are just going off of a FIFA 20 template for the content this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

chips1234 wrote: »
    picked up 3 florenzis otw at less than 30k possibly he gets a totw can still be got for aounrd 22k on xbox if anyone is looking for a cheap/safe-ish investment, im not going in more on him as ive been burned by the market so many times so far and flipping cards is just all round best way to make coins this year.

if anyone got on this, he is now up to 35k+ after EA updated his cards stats already, i've no idea if they are not gonna give him an inform now or not but its decent profit right now either way if you wanna take it or wait till totw drops later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

you gotta time them too afaik, some people are fcking lethal at them from corners though and its impossible to stop it seems :D

I was guilty of just mashing shoot as soon as I hot my corner. But last night was working on timing it and I scored three headers from corners which is probably more than I scored in the entirety of FIFA 20 :pac:
    Still can't understand why they're waiting so long to release Icon Swaps, last year it started 9 days ago, this year we're still at least 6 weeks away.

Yeah, very annoying, it at least gave you some long term goals to work towards in between Objective players etc.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    On the 30 rivals ones, I would say that was just a complete cock up that they couldn’t fix on time about the wl games, as it would involve coding and possible a patch (I’m no expert there so not sure)
    So they just ran with what they did while they work on a fix, in a week or 2 when fix is ready they’ll say “oh we listened to the community and wl games no longer count towards the 30”

I hope you're right (and I think you will be). I would love to play Weekend League but at the moment they've essentially forced me into a choice between the two and considering I can't play 30 Rivals games on a Thursday before Weekend League on Friday, I'm going to go with the game mode that allows me to play more casually throughout the week.
    you gotta time them too afaik, some people are fcking lethal at them from corners though and its impossible to stop it seems :D
    Frisbee wrote: »
    I was guilty of just mashing shoot as soon as I hot my corner. But last night was working on timing it and I scored three headers from corners which is probably more than I scored in the entirety of FIFA 20 :pac:

I was awful at corners this edition until I bought Mane and De Bruyne - now I'm averaging a goal every 3 corners I'd guess.

Players in the box for corners set on 2 in custom tactics. This allows Mane a lot of space to operate and get his run off. Corner tactic on run to near post and whip it in with De Bruyne. Mane is almost unstoppable in the air if he has a run on a defender and the tactic also has the added benefit of helping to avoid getting caught on the counter as you have more players outside the box to guard against the break.

I found how effective it was by accident when playing Squad Battles. In Squad Battles, even on legendary the defender closest to the near post doesn't really move and I was scoring nearly every time I got a corner from either side. It's a little different online as better players tend to move that defender, but sometimes that can work in your favour as they leave more space for the run.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Not sure what I want to do next with this team. Either De Bruyne for Thiago or save 100k more and swap Mane in for Calvert-Lewin/Rodrigo?

image.png

• Advertisement

Got my 30 Rivals games completed. Currently rank 1 in division 3 with 15,500 points. It finished on over 16,000 last week but I'd imagine a lot of people will have decided to play WL instead as the points are only barely creeping up every hour or so, so fingers crossed I'll hold on but rank 2 would be fine anyway.

That said, I am on an absolutely horrific run. I was on the cusp on division 2 this morning but played 11 games today - won 2, drew 2 and lost 7 :eek:

I literally finished my last game on 1440 skill rating which means one more draw or loss and I'm down into division 4.

Looking forward to a night off from it tonight. :(

What do you guys usually do when on a bad run?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

BrentMused wrote: »
    Got my 30 Rivals games completed. Currently rank 1 in division 3 with 15,500 points. It finished on over 16,000 last week but I'd imagine a lot of people will have decided to play WL instead as the points are only barely creeping up every hour or so, so fingers crossed I'll hold on but rank 2 would be fine anyway.

That said, I am on an absolutely horrific run. I was on the cusp on division 2 this morning but played 11 games today - won 2, drew 2 and lost 7 :eek:

I literally finished my last game on 1440 skill rating which means one more draw or loss and I'm down into division 4.

Looking forward to a night off from it tonight. :(

What do you guys usually do when on a bad run?

Turn off the game and when I come back, change my formation :pac: working a treat so far. Played 5 yday, won 4 lost 1. That one loss was to a miles superior squad, so I’m not complaining about that one.

Portu sitting as my CM in a 4321 and Promes RF has saved me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

dmigsy wrote: »
    Not sure what I want to do next with this team. Either De Bruyne for Thiago or save 100k more and swap Mane in for Calvert-Lewin/Rodrigo?

image.png

A small change I would make is get Fati on 10 chem, start with a 433 with fati only linking to Thiago and rodrigo, would have to start DCL as a CM though.

Then use the custom tactics to go to whatever formation you want

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

I broke with the level 5 restrictions. Currently downloading, earliest I've ever started ultimate team.

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    A small change I would make is get Fati on 10 chem, start with a 433 with fati only linking to Thiago and rodrigo, would have to start DCL as a CM though.

Then use the custom tactics to go to whatever formation you want

Good point. Getting Reguilon @ LB could do the same thing.

dmigsy wrote: »
    Good point. Getting Reguilon @ LB could do the same thing.

Of the prem players I have used... Rashford, Aubemeang, Bruno and Fred have all performed very well.

Fred in cdm in 4231 is too good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,757 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I've come to the conclusion that Tomori and Teixera are the two greatest footballers on the planet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

When do they announce totw these days? Used the same be 3 on Wednesday afternoon..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

6pm

Mgoraf wrote: »
    6pm

Ahh do they not announce them on twitter at 3 anymore?

jayo26 wrote: »
    Ahh do they not announce them on twitter at 3 anymore?

I thought that as well... looks like it’s changed. Few leaks on Twitter anyway from reliable sources.

• Advertisement

I thought that as well... looks like it’s changed. Few leaks on Twitter anyway from reliable sources.

Who is in the leaks

Rashford osimhen florenzi werner

Screenshot-20201021-180700-Twitter.jpg

That CB Delaney is a mad card.

werent we supposed to get an update today for console ? i know pc got the update.

Some of the players prices for players are just stupidly low.

3 weeks into the game and we have, for example:

Hazard - 74k
    Ben Yedder - 73k
    Son - 180k
    Aubameyang - 217k
    Dybala - 53k
    Dembele - 43k

That’s just a random selection of a few meta players who were all about 3-5 times that price this time last year. There are tens of other examples.

I’ve been keeping an eye on Van Dijk and he’s gone from about 550k this day last week to 400k now.

Crazy!

Yeah, EA have ****ed the market this year. Everyone, including myself, too reluctant to buy any of the big players... and now with the new promo on Friday, which was leaked as being named “rulebreakers”, the market is gonna drop even further.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,210 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Yeah, EA have ****ed the market this year. Everyone, including myself, too reluctant to buy any of the big players... and now with the new promo on Friday, which was leaked as being named “rulebreakers”, the market is gonna drop even further.

I've a few players to sell. Do you think it's better to list them now rather than waiting for tomorrow or Friday afternoon?

I've a few players to sell. Do you think it's better to list them now rather than waiting for tomorrow or Friday afternoon?

I honestly haven’t a clue.. I’d usually sell Thursday when rewards release but the market is so unpredictable this year. I’m probably going to do the same with my Neuer, Semedo and Sane that I packed. Hopefully a nice 150k-ish

• Advertisement

I was heavily leaning towards grabbing Messi for the weekend but am ultra reluctant now if there’s a promo coming up.

Upside, the OTW Osimhen I got from my preorder pack becomes a really good super sub now.

they released champions league martial with a price range up to 120k his gold cards price range is 250k :D

Just spent 30k to get a version of this lad with 0 games played, no regrets, the boys are back :)

wBm7L5N.jpg

K8f8Lfh.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Mr Moon wrote: »
    It’s nearly impossible to get a red card (unless for two yellows) they’re dishing out yellows for fun.

Impossible, as they say... is nothing

Here's the latest one.... 3 mins gone in a DR game and a straight red for a standing tackle.

Good luck with the red picks this morning guys.

Hopefully you’ll all pack a Rashford or Werner!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Stuck just on the cusp of getting promoted to Div 4.
    I’m definitely hitting the limits of what my base icons can do so think it’s time to trade them in and get either a better icon striker for 500-600k to pair with Ben Yedder or drop him for him and run 2 EPL strikers. Got Richardlison in my packs this morning and Christ he’s really dropped in price. So probably a good time to buy :)

Red Florenzi. Decent super sub.

Alaba, Sissoko, Pjanic the miserable highlights of the rest.

Maehle & Amavi reds. Modric & Kimmich the best of the rest. Meh

Division 3, rank 1.

Best pull from 2 rare mega packs and a premium electrum players pack was a discard TOTW :rolleyes:

One of these days I will learn to take the coins.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

G2 Red rewards:

82 El Arabi
    85 Zlatan
    76 Gavranovic
    79 Goldson

81 Sergio Herrera
    76 Yeboah
    78 Holzhauser
    82 Bamba

another year of sh!te red picks, nothing there improves my team.

Gold 3 rewards and div 5 rank 2

20201022-090854.jpg

Also got inform delaney, kimmich not a bad few packs.

kimmich and sissoko the best from red picks 2 megas 2 100k packs and 2 ultimate packs .

Maybe the worst rewards I've ever seen. G1 and D1R3, most valuable player was Tagliafico.

Finished rank 4, didn’t have too much time this week. IF Osimhen and Partey from rewards, not half bad.

Ye won't see worse rewards than this in Fifa 21.... Some lads have all the luck.

Screenshot-20201022-092043.png

• Advertisement

My picks from silver 1 were dani Olmo, osimhen and kudus. Picked kudus as have the other two

Packed amavi and Olmo totw from packs and 2 sanes.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

I ot Ibrahimovic and Osimhen in reds. Run a Serie A team so happy enough. Packed TOTW Ederson and a few other high rated cards and TOTW's too.

Anyone get any CL commons? They seem to be more rare than the actual rares

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Ye won't see worse rewards than this in Fifa 21.... Some lads have all the luck.

Screenshot-20201022-092043.png

These lads came up in two of my picks as well. As well as Conor Goldson :(
    Took Florenzi and El Arabi.

Best pull was off the packs was Busquets. Last pack I opened out came the French Flag.... St..... Lacazette.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Mgoraf wrote: »
    Anyone get any CL commons? They seem to be more rare than the actual rares

I got 3. Need one more but they're a serious price.

• Advertisement
Advertisement