Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

how is baby vidic in game ? would you say better than varane ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Stichy

Does Fifa not match you up with similar strength teams? Getting constant what I would call dream teams in Division 2 every game now! Then there’s me with 78 rated players in my team.

Stichy wrote: »
    Does Fifa not match you up with similar strength teams? Getting constant what I would call dream teams in Division 2 every game now! Then there’s me with 78 rated players in my team.

in rivals it matches you up with similar skill rating, weekend league is with similar records or "elo".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

When are we getting all those reward packs from Fifa 20?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Blazer wrote: »
    When are we getting all those reward packs from Fifa 20?

I’d say there all mute at this stage now.. majority of people have no use for them anymore :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

My team for first weekend league in 18 minths

Screenshot-20201015-182441-Companion.jpg

Id be happy with 11 wins at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I’d say there all mute at this stage now.. majority of people have no use for them anymore :pac:

Still want them :)-

i think they said october 16th ? its def at some point after that so im guessing tonight after midnight maybe ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

chips1234 wrote: »
    how is baby vidic in game ? would you say better than varane ?

I wouldn't know

He is pretty good though, wins every header and blocks everything

Oh yeah, definitely. Wasted too much time doing them :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,834 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

chips1234 wrote: »
    i think they said october 16th ? its def at some point after that so im guessing tonight after midnight maybe ?

They said "on or before Oct 16th" which in EA speak means "Oct 16th at the absolute earliest"

They said "on or before Oct 16th" which in EA speak means "Oct 16th at the absolute earliest"

xmas present from EA sorted then :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Trying to do the Vydra objective and managed to unlock the player pack for 25 assist from crosses.

I only go and pack an untradable Aubameyang. Guess I am building a prem team after all. Thats how they get you I tell ya. Its all psychological manipulation dam it!

Parawind wrote: »
    Trying to do the Vydra objective and managed to unlock the player pack for 25 assist from crosses.

I only go and pack an untradable Aubameyang. Guess I am building a prem team after all. Thats how they get you I tell ya. Its all psychological manipulation dam it!

Aubameyang is unreal... had him on a 5 game loan - 5 games, 11 goals 4 assists. Great pull!

anyone on xbox wanna play some friendlies tonight and get ready for weekend league ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Is it true that the Weekend League games will count towards your 30 game limit for ranking points on Rivals? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

BrentMused wrote: »
    Is it true that the Weekend League games will count towards your 30 game limit for ranking points on Rivals? :eek:

Jesus I'd hope so. Otherwise you're looking at 60 games a week

Neuer and Richarlison from MM! Looks like my pack luck is in today.

Edit: and now just got Chiellini from league and nation basics 7.5k pack :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

From Fifa Directs Communication Twitter page,

Due to unforeseen circumstances, the upcoming FUT Champions Weekend League has been delayed by 24 hours.

Check in-game for the revised schedule.

Furthermore, this Weekend League will be extended for 24 hours in order to accommodate the delayed start time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Neuer and Richarlison from MM! Looks like my pack luck is in today.

Edit: and now just got Chiellini from league and nation basics 7.5k pack :pac:

What’s MM?

• Advertisement

Jesus I'd hope so. Otherwise you're looking at 60 games a week

But that means there would be a maximum of 12,000 ranking points in Rivals (400 x 30 WL games) for those who play Weekend League, which wouldn’t even be enough for rank 2 rewards in most divisions.

It would essentially be punishing those who play WL by taking away the chance to secure rank 1 or 2 Rivals rewards each week.

I wouldn’t be a bit surprised if this postponement is because they’ve just realised something re: the above :pac:

phobia2011 wrote: »
    What’s MM?

Marquee matchups

Anyone else going to hold off on Weekend League with the 24 hour delay?

Sundays are completely out for me so for WL I usually play late Friday night and then blast through as many more games as I can throughout Saturday.

I know if you have already redeemed your points they'll give them back to you this time but as I hadn't already redeemed I'll hold off until next week and maybe just chip away at Rivals more casually for another week.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I went with untradeable rewards and stocked my club up, got Adama and Rodrigo that I could swap and trade the ones I had in the club, so if it wasn't for that I'd be raging right now.

Sold them for 65K!

I've packed Diego Carlos twice in two days now both untradeable though.

Hoping we get those packs earned during FIFA 20 at some stage today as they said we would have them on or before 16th October. I know they'll give us nothing from them but still.

Also, for anyone who played FIFA 21 prior to the general release date we are supposed to be getting a free TOTW guaranteed player. I'd be surprised if they didn't release that this week considering that there are only about 3 or 4 cards out of the 23 that people would be bothered with from this TOtW, so it's a perfect chance for them to "generously" give us the pack and almost guarantee that 99% of us won't pack anyone usable.

OTW Hakimi and Koke from the hybrid league and nations SBC, not too bad. Just the final one that needs loyalty and that’ll be all the advanced SBCs completed.. total pack returns from those are at least 300k I’d say.

Starting to come up against the god squads now too and getting battered.. dropped back down to div 4. Still trying to figure out what squad I will buy.. have about 600-700k to build. Half tempted by Aubameyang in a 442.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Sitting at Division 5 and probably winning 50%.

Have 3 good squads but really only play with my Bund on

Neuer
    Davies Hernandez Alaba Mbabu
    Kimmich
    Sane Reus Sancho
    Haaland (IF) Muller

Have Gnabry on the bench

One question I do have
    Should I just flog my tradeable Kante, Pogba, Havartz and Robertson and get some Icons? is it just dead coins?

Or do most people have 2 or 3 squads?

Starting to come up against the god squads now too and getting battered.. dropped back down to div 4. Still trying to figure out what squad I will buy.. have about 600-700k to build. Half tempted by Aubameyang in a 442.

I'll be joining you soon in division 4. I've only won about 3 Rivals games in the last couple of days. I've drawn loads mind but that actually ends up lowering your skill rating.

It seems that divisions are starting to settle into a bit of normality now. I'm a very average player, division 6-ish standard, and won 4 and drew 1 of my placement games and know many people in the same position as me too, so within another week or so I'd guess most people will end up falling into their correct division.

For his price does Aubameyang's height and balance not put you off a bit? I'd like to try him though. I have Werner and on paper he seems the better card to me but admittedly I don't really notice the difference between 3 star and 4 star skill moves as I'm not good enough to utilise it but I know that would be a huge thing for someone who uses the more advanced skill moves.

• Advertisement

Sitting at Division 5 and probably winning 50%.

Have 3 good squads but really only play with my Bund on

Neuer
    Davies Hernandez Alaba Mbabu
    Kimmich
    Sane Reus Sancho
    Haaland (IF) Muller

Have Gnabry on the bench

One question I do have
    Should I just flog my tradeable Kante, Pogba, Havartz and Robertson and get some Icons? is it just dead coins?

Or do most people have 2 or 3 squads?

Personally I don't see the need for any more than 1 squad and if I pack players who don't fit into the squad I run I sell them to improve on my team. That's just me though, others might feel differently.

With those players who you are not using you currently have about 750,000 in coins just sitting there so if you only play with your Bundesliga team I would sell the aforementioned and improve on what you have (although you have an excellent team already!).

You could get yourself Lewandowski in place of Muller who would be a big upgrade and still have about 600,000 left. That said, other than that your team looks so good it's hard to suggest any other improvements at this stage of the game :pac:

Advertisement