Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

Promised the GF I wouldn't start up FUT again this year, but sure I had to have a go.

Packed an untradeable Aub, a few 100k from SBC's and I'm right back in. They have even given me an extra day to build up enough points for the WL.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Currently running this at the moment, 4-2-3-1 in-game:

439f6979cffc947a99484b9db5703b33.png

I decided to pull the trigger on selling Firmino and bringing in De Bruyne for the CAM role.

I'm down to about 50,000 coins now but really happy with my team.

Werner, Kante, Gomez, Robertson and OTW Ake were all packed.

Short of VVD for Ake, Salah for Lucas and maybe Walker for Pereira (although Pereira is very good and underrated so I don't know if Walker is worth 5 times the price) I can't really see any immediate improvements that I could make.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Has anybody else felt that they've toned down the pack luck since full release?

Pre-order packs, Squad Battle rewards, MM SBC, all those transfer SBCs (Bale is back, etc), untradeable Div Rivals rewards, 12 two player packs and my only boards were the 82 IF keeper in the Mexican league & Gundogan.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Sitting at Division 5 and probably winning 50%.

Have 3 good squads but really only play with my Bund on

Or do most people have 2 or 3 squads?

I run a squad for the top 5 leagues (mainly for first owner objectives) and a FUT Champs one and I always throw in a cheeky past and present Utd team.

v3ttel wrote: »
    Has anybody else felt that they've toned down the pack luck since full release?

Pre-order packs, Squad Battle rewards, MM SBC, all those transfer SBCs (Bale is back, etc), untradeable Div Rivals rewards, 12 two player packs and my only boards were the 82 IF keeper in the Mexican league & Gundogan.

100%, it's been the same for me with rewards and SBC's this week although I wonder is that more to do with the fact there will be so many more players opening packs since full release as opposed to the pack weight?

More people playing = more packs being opened = feels like less good players available as they are being packed by others

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

BrentMused wrote: »
    100%, it's been the same for me with rewards and SBC's this week although I wonder is that more to do with the fact there will be so many more players opening packs since full release as opposed to the pack weight?

More people playing = more packs being opened = feels like less good players available as they are being packed by others

I'd say that's part of it, also most reasonably common higher rated players aren't worth much now, while 2 weeks ago more players had a decent value. Now its either jackpot or trash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I'll be joining you soon in division 4. I've only won about 3 Rivals games in the last couple of days. I've drawn loads mind but that actually ends up lowering your skill rating.

It seems that divisions are starting to settle into a bit of normality now. I'm a very average player, division 6-ish standard, and won 4 and drew 1 of my placement games and know many people in the same position as me too, so within another week or so I'd guess most people will end up falling into their correct division.

For his price does Aubameyang's height and balance not put you off a bit? I'd like to try him though. I have Werner and on paper he seems the better card to me but admittedly I don't really notice the difference between 3 star and 4 star skill moves as I'm not good enough to utilise it but I know that would be a huge thing for someone who uses the more advanced skill moves.

Haven’t used Werner myself but had Aubameyang on a 5 game loan... unreal. Strength, pace, height, skill moves. Everything you need for this FIFA :pac: only thing putting me off of pulling the trigger is he’s over 300k and I couldn’t see him holding that price for too much longer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,835 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

As with last year Promo Week 2 is starting worse than Week 1 with no objective player available.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

Is there no Squad Battles reward this weekend?

The last of my points spent up there - Thiago Silva, Llorente and IF Savic so not too bad... was gonna build a squad with Llorente so that worked out perfect.

• Advertisement

Honestly what is this game

TMogZ0X.gif

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Oooh baby, the OTW Rodriquez! Be still my extremely slow beating heart

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Oooh baby, the OTW Rodriquez! Be still my extremely slow beating heart

be careful man it might bring the avg pace of your team waaaay up :D

they have a tweet out saying if you didnt get your deadline stuff to contact them and create a report or some ****, but someone has done it and the reply was everyone is getting them later lol.

https://twitter.com/eahelp/status/1317142206914781185?s=21

FFS.

So basically if we want what we paid for we have to create a case and wait God knows how long for them to process same, if at all? :rolleyes:

Deadline Day items also include that guaranteed TOTW player by the way.

https://twitter.com/eahelp/status/1317142206914781185?s=21

FFS.

So basically if we want what we paid for we have to create a case and wait God knows how long for them to process same, if at all? :rolleyes:

Deadline Day items also include that guaranteed TOTW player by the way.

they can fck off if they think im doing that, i cant be arsed with whatever crap totw player they'll be giving from that pack anyways and the 80+ from the fifa 20 packs are just gonna be meh anyways too.

Literally nobody got their Deadline Day items btw, EA are talking like it's just certain players but not a single person has received anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Literally nobody got their Deadline Day items btw, EA are talking like it's just certain players but not a single person has received anything.

Is this all the crap sbcs from Fifa 20?

Blazer wrote: »
    Is this all the crap sbcs from Fifa 20?

yep plus the totw pack for playing before the 9th

chips1234 wrote: »
    yep plus the totw pack for playing before the 9th

Oh **** that.everyone should log a case anyway.
    Don’t let the ****ers off scott free.

Have to say I’m really enjoying the gameplay this year so far.
    Playing 442 and ripping my way through teams.
    Now granted I started in div6 and now on div5 but div4 is only a game or two away and I might upgrade my team then.
    Although I’m really saving those 3 base icons for the sbc. If they jump to 800k or so like they did for Fifa 18 I’ll make back 2.4mill from a 750k in investment.
    Besides Litamen is bossing my midfield , getting hat tricks every 2nd game and RVN while I struggled with him at the start is now blasting in the goals. No fancy smancy, just get him the ball in the box and it’s a goal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

I just packed Sadio Mane. He’s going for 440K max but now tonight. Should I sell him or keep him ?

GavK wrote: »
    I just packed Sadio Mane. He’s going for 440K max but now tonight. Should I sell him or keep him ?

Sell sell sell

Blazer wrote: »
    Sell sell sell

might hold until squad battle rewards, if you need the coins now just sell him though, think he's been over 460k cant remember correctly though. if he drops during squad battle rewards you'd be holdign him until about weds 5pm though. prob not worth holding him for the extra 20k if you can make coins with the coins got from selling him.

yeah sell him :D

Got otw Semedo from season reward pack.
    Will replace base Semedo which I got earlier from season rewards :)

they've said that stuff will be sent out soon but if you dont get it send a report tomorrow to them

GavK wrote: »

What type of team do you run?

If you have a PL team I’d strongly advise you to give him a go before you decide to sell.

He is absolutely insane. Leaves defenders for dust and is so hard to knock off the ball. Really good in the air too now that crossing is viable and he fits the meta to a tee. If you don’t use wingers or would rather get him more involved centrally just change him to ST in-game which might actually be the best position for him. If you play him out wide the long balls over the top to him are almost unstoppable.

I spent 400k on him and don’t regret it one bit. He has been my best player in almost every game since.

Pre-season rewards are starting to arrive now - got myself two lovely kits, apparently. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

I sold Mane for 445k. I run a cheap Serie A team. Not taking it serious this year. Don’t think I missed a weekend league last year and was addicted to it at one stage I think, wasn’t healthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

Loan bernardo silva and Alex telles

The rest duplicate ubtradeables and kits..

• Advertisement

The stuff you could earn in FIFA 20 has been given out.

Still no mention of the TOTW pack anywhere, in fact there hasn't been a single word on it since they first mentioned it on October 5th.

Advertisement