Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

I’m really disappointed with that decision. :(

One of my favourite things about FIFA are the weekly rewards after the grind during the week. I know we rarely get anything of note from them, but it’s exciting and makes it feel like there’s some sort of end goal when you’re playing during the week.

So essentially for the vast majority of people unless you can play a lot of Rivals on a Thursday you’re going to be finishing rank 3 in Rivals with 12,000 ranking points if you decide to play Weekend League.

I’m a very average player and would often get beaten pretty comfortably in Weekend League, but knowing that you’d basically get 1 wins worth of ranking points towards your Rivals score for sticking with it felt like a very fair compromise.

The worst thing about it is that despite all the testing and trials EA clearly only realised yesterday morning that the Weekend League games weren’t counting towards the 30 limit and decided 10 minutes before launch to hit the panic button.

With being unable to play Rivals all day/night on Thursday it basically leaves me with a choice of being able to play Weekend League or Rivals if I want to maximise rewards. With the amount of time and effort I put into FIFA I really shouldn’t have to choose between 2 of the biggest game modes but considering I can play Rivals more casually I’m going to have to go down that route.

I probably sound selfish here but if someone is going to commit to playing 30 games of Weekend League over a weekend I feel they should be given a jump on their Rivals ranking points (ie last year’s system). Maybe to make it fairer they could have come up with a compromise, even halving the ranking points given to 200, which would give people who play all 30 Weekend League games 6,000 points? And the cap on games should be removed too. This would give people who don’t play Weekend League a good opportunity to finish rank 1 in Rivals also.

How can players be punished for wishing to play the game’s flagship games mode? It’s beyond belief!

Alternatively, completely separating the 2 game modes and not offering any Rivals rankings points for WL but allowing people to play 30 Rivals games on top of WL would have been absolutely fine too and probably the most sensible and fairest option to everyone.

There will be uproar over this in the community and EA probably will change it, but I doubt they’ll do anything about it until next year now. :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Why did they change the rivals system anyway? Was there a logic given behind it?

I actually was playing midweek after playing my 30 games. Beat a lad 4-1 and felt annoyed afterwards, cause I’d gained nothing but stopped him gaining anything. It’s a weird change to the system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Why did they change the rivals system anyway? Was there a logic given behind it?

I actually was playing midweek after playing my 30 games. Beat a lad 4-1 and felt annoyed afterwards, cause I’d gained nothing but stopped him gaining anything. It’s a weird change to the system.

No idea tbh. I assume it was to combat the de-ranking, which probably isn’t the best way of doing it imo.

Horrible last few days of games where I went from 12-2 to 13-10. Seems I can’t score for the life of me and then get countered cos my full backs are midfielders for some reason. Might have to change formation.. tempted by a 41212.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,835 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

No idea tbh. I assume it was to combat the de-ranking, which probably isn’t the best way of doing it imo.

That's what they said it's for, but it makes zero sense, you still lose/gain Skill Rating in matches played after your 30.

Furthermore if you want to self-relegate before your 30 games are up you still can, you'll just be getting worse rewards, which was something self-relegators were literally never concerned with anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Only took a week to remind me why I stopped playing this 10 years ago. Surprised to see the ai is every bit as sh!t as it was back then but I guess I shouldn’t be. If millions of people are willing to pay every year why bother changing it.

That’s me done for another 10 years anyway :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

What an atrocious decision.

I think it will be reversed in a couple of weeks and they’ll say “we listened to the community”

Won’t do my usual essay hating on Ea as think everyone has covered it mostly in posts above but one other thing to consider about their god awful decision to limit rivals to 30 games is.

Wait until icon swaps start and you go to play a rivals game and get 4 self relegators in a row quitting straight away, counting towards your 30 games!

2-6

Missing rivals where I'm able to win most of my games. Forgotren how much I hate WL. Can't see me sticking with it long term if they don't fix rewards too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Horrible last few days of games where I went from 12-2 to 13-10. Seems I can’t score for the life of me and then get countered cos my full backs are midfielders for some reason. Might have to change formation.. tempted by a 41212.

i lost 10-0 in online draft last night..I had 2 shot..1 of which i think was an accidental button tap :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

1-2.

Love me some fut chumps. I only have today to play so probably gonna stop at silver 2/3. Everyone's team is stacked.

• Advertisement

That's what they said it's for, but it makes zero sense, you still lose/gain Skill Rating in matches played after your 30.

Furthermore if you want to self-relegate before your 30 games are up you still can, you'll just be getting worse rewards, which was something self-relegators were literally never concerned with anyway.

Exactly, it doesn’t make any sense. They went with literally the worst possible one. Only legit way of combating it is having a separate game mode for objectives - done.

Gone from 2-6 to 9-8.

Literally all I changed was Lamapard for OTW James Rodriquez. Having fun now. People can’t help but defend deep which suits my slow giants.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

1-4 with an awful hangover for my placement games. I hope to get some easier matchmaking now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

8-11 so far

Changed my defense, sold some players half way through.

I will say though that Aubemeang and Rashford are insanely good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Untradeable baby Bergkamp from odegaard sbc.

Wow. Not the most wanted, but good pulls this year so far. 400k profit from free packs sbc etc...

Plus this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Well I've got Hockeyed again today in 3 games.. My pacey players are getting caught by slow defenders yet on my end it's the opposite

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

6-6

Pretty much all high scoring games. Still trying to get my formation right. Playing 4-2-2-2 but struggling to get my CAMS involved.

6-6

Pretty much all high scoring games. Still trying to get my formation right. Playing 4-2-2-2 but struggling to get my CAMS involved.

Pretty much me with all formations that use wide players... can never get them involved as much as I’d like. Irritates me even if I’m winning cos I like to look at the players’ stats.

Lads, the market is crashing hard!! Few bargains available if you have any coins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Experienced a few weird bugs. Every team I played against is called "jeff" and their abbrevation is "911". Had a free kick earlier, took the freekick but the camera got stuck showing just half the pitch, so the opponent just could run straight up the field unopposed. The transfer market seems broken - it doesn't look like it's returning correct results at all. Search for a player for 37K, no one. Search for him for 38K, loads of pages of him listed for 35K. Search again for 37,500......no results.

I wonder if this bug is contributing to the market crashing every day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I wanna play but ive drank too much. Hate that.

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Lads, the market is crashing hard!! Few bargains available if you have any coins.

Who the bargains?

jayo26 wrote: »
    Who the bargains?

I picked up VVD with a shadow for 489000, he was 560000 yesterday.

Jesus, market has crashed hard. What’s going on? Bale was 100k yday hes down to 65k. IF Kane was 90k down to 65k too. Gabriel Jesus was 70k down to 58k. Did I miss something?

2-8, I just can’t buy a win today.

Played some rivals and haven’t lost there in div 4. Don’t know what’s going on.

Mr Moon wrote: »
    2-8, I just can’t buy a win today.

Played some rivals and haven’t lost there in div 4. Don’t know what’s going on.

I think a lot of it will be down to the fact that a large amount of the more casual players will either 1) not have enough points to have qualified yet or 2) will have decided to give it a miss this weekend as it doesn’t suit their schedule after the delay.

The vast majority of players playing WL this weekend will be pros or division 1 or 2 players.

It could also be the case that more casual players will decide to stick with Rivals after the mess that EA have made of the ranking points system which essentially now punishes people for playing Weekend League.

I shouldn't of played.

Jesus, market has crashed hard. What’s going on? Bale was 100k yday hes down to 65k. IF Kane was 90k down to 65k too. Gabriel Jesus was 70k down to 58k. Did I miss something?

I don’t know why it’s happening but the amount of “traders” who are charging a fortune to dish out the same advice you can get from excellent posters for free on here doing their nut in over it on Twitter is hilarious as the suggestions they have been giving out have caused the vast majority of their paid subscribers to lose their bollocks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

jayo26 wrote: »
    I shouldn't of played.

Go on, what was it? If you haven’t played wl in over a year and like a couple of posts above said, most casuals won’t be signed up, I wouldn’t put too much weight on this week

• Advertisement

BrentMused wrote: »
    I think a lot of it will be down to the fact that a large amount of the more casual players will either 1) not have enough points to have qualified yet or 2) will have decided to give it a miss this weekend as it doesn’t suit their schedule after the delay.

The vast majority of players playing WL this weekend will be pros or division 1 or 2 players.

It could also be the case that more casual players will decide to stick with Rivals after the mess that EA have made of the ranking points system which essentially now punishes people for playing Weekend League.

I don’t think the players I’m matching are div 1 or 2, they’re all close games. I seem to only be able to score when I’m losing and on all out attack.

Am I also right in saying that since the weekend league games count as rivals games, people aren’t going to quit when losing as they won’t get any points now?

It’s an absolute shambles. It’s destroyed the market and I don’t know how they’re going to fix it.

Advertisement