Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

BrentMused wrote: »
    I don’t know why it’s happening but the amount of “traders” who are charging a fortune to dish out the same advice you can get from excellent posters for free on here doing their nut in over it on Twitter is hilarious as the suggestions they have been giving out have caused the vast majority of their paid subscribers to lose their bollocks.

Yeah, I never understood those paid traders advice. They’re all full of ****e and feed the same stuff as each other.. only thing that makes them stand out is if they have reliable leaks or not. Best way of learning how to trade is just by watching runthefutmarket on YouTube.. great content creator and probably the only one I actually watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Off to a decent start 6 wins from 9 games so far in WL. I suspect tomorrow won't go quite as well though.

You guys weren't kidding the games are sweaty but I am pretty solid defensively at least.

Think investing in Van Dijk might make sense since his season is over so not likely to get any other versions now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

I'm 12-15. Gotta win two games tomorrow from 3.

It was an enjoyable WL, had the house to myself and had a few cans in the fridge. All the games were high scoring and fairly end to end. Got one or two drubbings but most of the games were fairly well matched. My defence needs an upgrade but I'll get better as it goes on.

Got one sweet win off a skillz boy. He went 4-1 up in the second half on me and celebrated every goal. I went ultra attacking and somehow manged to get it to 4-4. He scored with 5 mins left but I got one in the 90th and it looked like extra time. But when he kicked off in the 90th min I turned it over and got into the box and he committed a daft foul and I slotted home the peno to win it, I'd say he was sickened! In fairness I lost one or two like that so it evened out.

Williams is an absolute beast by the way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Parawind wrote: »
    Think investing in Van Dijk might make sense since his season is over so not likely to get any other versions now.

Oh how you underestimate fifa’s ability to add whatever cards they like :)

They don’t need performance based anymore, they’ll add him into 2 or 3 of the promos, fut birthday, scream, etc and maybe an extortionate Futmas sbc.

Plus he’ll make TOTY, guaranteed!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

12-12.

Will be thrilled if I can get to 14 on week one. Usually I struggle to 8 so early. Especially thrilled considering I’m going against the Meta with such a slow team lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

14-14. Gold 3. Happy with that for week 1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Here’s a good custom tactics video from NealGuides on the 4-2-3-1 formation:

https://twitter.com/nealguides/status/1317408320517439488?s=21

Interestingly he likes the conservative interceptions option to stop players going walkabout which I know is something a lot of people have had problems with.

I’ll give it a go with Rivals during the week as I found his 4-2-3-1 last year to be very effective.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Never played WL before. Won 3 and lost 2 of the ranking games. Won 2 more since. Talk about sweaty play! Defo need more pace in defence. Gomez for Silva I reckon.

image.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Go on, what was it? If you haven’t played wl in over a year and like a couple of posts above said, most casuals won’t be signed up, I wouldn’t put too much weight on this week

I was drunk.. Lost four games in a row and woke up this morning and had bought Salah.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    12-12.

Will be thrilled if I can get to 14 on week one. Usually I struggle to 8 so early. Especially thrilled considering I’m going against the Meta with such a slow team lol

Sigh. 12-17.

Imploded big time. But just had five matches in a row against people just mauling me. Lost all five by at least four goals. All were dropping deep, counter attacking nonsense too. Frustrated enough by that to think I’m safer and less stressed just sticking to rivals until they fix the stupid system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

Sigh. 12-17.

Imploded big time. But just had five matches in a row against people just mauling me. Lost all five by at least four goals. All were dropping deep, counter attacking nonsense too. Frustrated enough by that to think I’m safer and less stressed just sticking to rivals until they fix the stupid system.

Was just about to ask was eveyone playing the same way. Only started the weekend league today and eveyone I've played so far on drop back and struggling to break down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

playing the squad battles for the 500 goals objective while at work and came across a team obviously from some guy just down the road from me. Ballyhea FC with the irish flag and all :D
    I think there's about 10 houses and a petrol station in it. And oh yeah..a supermacs :D

Mgoraf wrote: »
    Was just about to ask was eveyone playing the same way. Only started the weekend league today and eveyone I've played so far on drop back and struggling to break down

Hadn’t come across it all the time in Rivals, but first weekend ack and it’s the same nonsense. It’s horrifically boring to play against.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Just to dispel that myth that you get good pack luck the less you play or are engaged with game.

I just did the 10 hour trial but didn’t get the game as some of you know.

I’ve done every sbc in the starter/advanced sections.
    All the marquee matchups and the daily sbc’s and from all those best I got was base Allan and base bale during 10 hour trial.

Haven’t got a card worth more than 10k in the couple of weeks I’ve stopped playing.

I can’t be bothered trading or anything so no real engagement with game either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Blazer wrote: »
    playing the squad battles for the 500 goals objective while at work and came across a team obviously from some guy just down the road from me. Ballyhea FC with the irish flag and all :D
    I think there's about 10 houses and a petrol station in it. And oh yeah..a supermacs :D

No way, that's where I'm from :D sure what more do you need other than a petrol station and a supermacs :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,835 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Just playing my games today, 5-0 atm, packed an untradeable Martial and I'm not loving Rush so think I'm gonna replace him and use the coins to buy van Dijk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Hadn’t come across it all the time in Rivals, but first weekend ack and it’s the same nonsense. It’s horrifically boring to play against.

It really is demoralising i juat cant defend against the dribbling guys they just cut through me with the most average 78 rated players ove ever seen.

I cant get my defenders to close them down at all they just keeo stepping out or backing off and when i try do it myself i just get turned inside out. I'm severally rusty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

jayo26 wrote: »
    It really is demoralising i juat cant defend against the dribbling guys they just cut through me with the most average 78 rated players ove ever seen.

I cant get my defenders to close them down at all they just keeo stepping out or backing off and when i try do it myself i just get turned inside out. I'm severally rusty.

Ha I feel the exact same. Feels like their players are constantly in space but when I have the ball every player is marked or a defender within a couple of yards of them.

Is the guaranteed totw sbc tonight?

OTW Matuidi SBC out, 83 rated squad for a CDM from the MLS where there's only 4 games remaining

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Pizzle

Not much experience with FUT but trying to play more seriously this year. I managed to stockpile a few 87 rated Busquets over the last few weeks. Do high rated cards like these keep value due to SBCs or is it better to sell quickly if I can make even a small profit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

After Bergkamp yesterday I got tradeable Martial from one of the hybrids and now untradeable Mbappe for assist mastery objective...

Is this for real?

30 games was hard enough to get through without people refusing to quit because they want their 400 points. Got a guy who started passing it around the back because I went 3-0 up IN THE SEVENTEENTH MINUTE, like just try to play the game ffs.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

30 games was hard enough to get through without people refusing to quit because they want their 400 points. Got a guy who started passing it around the back because I went 3-0 up IN THE SEVENTEENTH MINUTE, like just try to play the game ffs.

This is where EA have a huge problem now, they’ve forced people into doing this cos of the way they set it up.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

10-10 now, I’ve won 8 of the last 9 after my dreadful start. I’ll play the remaining 10 tomorrow. Hopefully I can pick up 4 wins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Mr Moon wrote: »
    This is where EA have a huge problem now, they’ve forced people into doing this cos of the way they set it up.

Like it never happened before?

Honestly, some players are pricks.

You were planning to play the whole game regardless. No matter how bad it was.

Some probably try silly tricks hoping you disconnect and that's all.

I am...

One win with 11 silver players off a rare mega pack.
    One cross off a Gold player premium pack
    One assist off a rare player pack.

So, basically, I am one squad battle match off a massive heap of disappointment...

7-2 now, lost the last 2 in a row, once again it almost never feels like I'm playing people on my level in WL, it's just a bunch of easy matches in a row where I don't feel any sort of accomplishment because I'm beating worse players, followed by a few games where I get my arse handed to me by players I can't even touch, and then repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

have 7 rivals to finish then start weekend league, have managed to absolutely fck my sleep up gonna be a long time of fun from now until tomorrow night..fml

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

7-2 now, lost the last 2 in a row, once again it almost never feels like I'm playing people on my level in WL, it's just a bunch of easy matches in a row where I don't feel any sort of accomplishment because I'm beating worse players, followed by a few games where I get my arse handed to me by players I can't even touch, and then repeat.

On that note - I came up against a fella yday in rivals who was 200 points above me.... 200 ****in points. Lost to a 90th min winner but 200 ****in points. He had a miles better squad and I think he was going for the low cross objective otherwise I would’ve been battered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

picked up 3 florenzis otw at less than 30k possibly he gets a totw can still be got for aounrd 22k on xbox if anyone is looking for a cheap/safe-ish investment, im not going in more on him as ive been burned by the market so many times so far and flipping cards is just all round best way to make coins this year.

Advertisement