Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

some other streamer won 4 games drew 1 in the rivals placement games and got 89k coins and into d3

put it in spoilers to be on safe side incase people dont want to know ^ its about rivals placement games

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

It’s worth noting if the app goes live at six, it will crash at 6:01 so I wouldn’t make solid plans to start then :P

Lord TSC wrote: »
    It’s worth noting if the app goes live at six, it will crash at 6:01 so I wouldn’t make solid plans to start then :P

im currently living with the hope they go live with it at midnight :D it just says the 30th it doesnt give any times, im being so optimistic about it im setting myself up for a massive let down later haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

chips1234 wrote: »
    im currently living with the hope they go live with it at midnight :D it just says the 30th it doesnt give any times, im being so optimistic about it im setting myself up for a massive let down later haha

AFAIK its always 6pm (ish) Thats just what usually happens

AFAIK its always 6pm (ish) Thats just what usually happens

yeah im not holding out much hope of it being out any earlier anymore, this tweet says the ea play access will be out at 4pm oct 1st

https://twitter.com/sbc_tips/status/1311017727683956736?s=20

gonna suck playing squad battles for 10 hours :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

So Hugo Sanchez got a +20 something boost to his Composure, meaning that FIFA 20's stat was actually a mistake from EA and they just didn't have any interest in fixing it instead of selling the fix in a new game

5nvcujel34q51.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

In addition to that guy getting 89,000 coins for being placed in division 3, I see another guy got 44,000 coins for division 5 with 2 wins, 2 draws and 1 loss in his placement matches.

The placement games are going to offer a huge coin injection at the start so I’d expect the market to be huge early on compared to the usual patterns.

You apparently get coins based on what you’d have gotten had you played and been promoted naturally.

Still, bloody hell. That’s going to inflate prices off the bat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

At least its stops everyone dropping down leagues or losing their placement matches on purpose to have an easy ride for objectives etc. More incentive to actually win.

Out of 6 big streamers, according to Reddit - one packed Figo, one packed Lampard, one packed Messi, one packed Cristiano Ronaldo, one packed Vieira and one packed Mbappe. And of course there’s the guy who packed Pele too.

The guy who packed Figo has done so on day one for the 2nd time in 3 years.

:pac: :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Anyone loading up on fifa points tomorrow? I usually get some at the start as most players are worth something so I'll probably do the same tomorrow, not sure on how much yet.

Just a note to anyone who hasn't really played Ultimate Team before, there's a good chance of getting sweet FA and 99/100 times fifa points aren't worth it, if you've the urge to open more packs just fire up twitch and watch some of the streamers do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

BrentMused wrote: »
    Out of 6 big streamers, according to Reddit - one packed Figo, one packed Lampard, one packed Messi, one packed Cristiano Ronaldo, one packed Vieira and one packed Mbappe. And of course there’s the guy who packed Pele too.

As I was saying yesterday, 100% rigged packs. There’s a reason EA sent the game out early to the streamers.

It looks like everyone who played FUT last year is getting the same starter packs. At discard the contents appear to be going for around 15,000 so between that and the Rivals placement games people are going to have a relatively large amount of coins in comparison to other years.

If someone was to get placed in division 5 from the placement games it seems you get 45,000 coins from that, so along with the starter packs you could have 60,000. Get anything of worth from SBC’s and you’ve another nice amount stacked.

It seems hitting 100,000 coins on day one of early access may be the norm rather than the exception.

What’s the catch from EA because there’s no way they’re giving coins that easily out of the goodness of their heart? :pac:
    Redzer7 wrote: »
    Anyone loading up on fifa points tomorrow? I usually get some at the start as most players are worth something so I'll probably do the same tomorrow, not sure on how much yet.

Just a note to anyone who hasn't really played Ultimate Team before, there's a good chance of getting sweet FA and 99/100 times fifa points aren't worth it, if you've the urge to open more packs just fire up twitch and watch some of the streamers do it.

Yeah, I’ll get 12,000 to give me 80 of the Premium Gold Packs.

Looking forward to opening although I’m under no illusions about what I’ll get from it.

My expectations are that at most I’ll make circa 200,000 coins from it and if I pack anything of note or make any more then great.

It looks like everyone who played FUT last year is getting the same starter packs. At discard the contents appear to be going for around 15,000 so between that and the Rivals placement games people are going to have a relatively large amount of coins in comparison to other years.

If someone was to get placed in division 5 from the placement games it seems you get 45,000 coins from that, so along with the starter packs you could have 60,000. Get anything of worth from SBC’s and you’ve another nice amount stacked.

It seems hitting 100,000 coins on day one of early access may be the norm rather than the exception.

What’s the catch from EA because there’s no way they’re giving coins that easily out of the goodness of their heart? :pac:

Yeah, I’ll get 12,000 to give me 80 of the Premium Gold Packs.

Looking forward to opening although I’m under no illusions about what I’ll get from it.

My expectations are that at most I’ll make circa 200,000 coins from it and if I pack anything of note or make any more then great.

Will probably do the same and open them on the early access, I know its wasting an hour or so of the 10 hours but it just isn't the same opening them on the web app

Will probably do the same and open them on the early access, I know its wasting an hour or so of the 10 hours but it just isn't the same opening them on the web app

Completely agree. I’ll do the exact same. I just don’t enjoy opening packs, weekly rewards etc on the app as much.

If I’m spending that sort of money I at least want to be excitingly disappointed with the anticipation! :pac:

Completely agree. I’ll do the exact same. I just don’t enjoy opening packs, weekly rewards etc on the app as much.

If I’m spending that sort of money I at least want to be excitingly disappointed with the anticipation! :pac:

Crate of bottles, 20 smokes and 12k Fifa Points, life doesn't get much better than that :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I wouldn't be surprised, I saw Bateson had over 3000000 fifa points loaded up! No wonder these streamers can get whoever they like from the market.

I usually put some points at the start of the game, does anyone know if the points from Fifa 20 will be available on the web app today??

You'll have to wait till early access tomorrow to gain access to them on the Web app unfortunately.

Just watched a streamer play his placement matches on Rivals. 2 wins placed him in division 5 and gave him 44,000 coins! :eek:

The gameplay looks a bit slower which is a good thing. Passing also looks much more fluid than in 20.

As I was saying yesterday, 100% rigged packs. There’s a reason EA sent the game out early to the streamers.

The streamer who packed Pele yesterday has now packed Virgil Van Dijk! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I saw on twitter a guy won all 5 starter matches placed in Div 2 and got 124000 coins for it.

Mr Moon wrote: »
    I saw on twitter a guy won all 5 starter matches placed in Div 2 and got 124000 coins for it.

That sort of coin injection right off the bat is mad... don’t know if I like it or not. I always enjoyed the grind using random players vs other squads of random players.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I don't think the grind will change, we will just see player prices higher than previous.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

If you give everyone 100000 at the start the prices will inflate accordingly.

There is no way around it.

Grinding is part of the game.

I think it could be good for traders maybe, more coins on the market means more careless buyers.

Other than that as always you will have to play a lot and trade a lot to get good players.

In reality the 3 days early access or 10 hours will make zero difference to anyone. It's not like you gonna pack an Icon early, unless extremely lucky.

Web App is now live!

Edit: I suggest you don't open your packs yet till 6 for the off chance you might get a TOTW.

Web App is now live!

Edit: I suggest you don't open your packs yet till 6 for the off chance you might get a TOTW.

im in LFG !!!

Game launch is tomorrow, yeah? So thats when I can load in points?

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Game launch is tomorrow, yeah? So thats when I can load in points?

yep :( trading it is for the night, least i have united game then nba finals to watch while doing it all :D

Alphonso Davies in my first pack haha.

• Advertisement

Alphonso Davies in my first pack haha.

Same! Opened mine before TOTW but didn’t get any of the players anyway.

Got Talisca too as the other notable card.

Advertisement