Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Screenshot-20201111-180249-Twitter.jpg

Messi in TOTW, Che Adams as the silver objective player :D

Messi is cf too he is gonna look great as a red pick.

Best totw in a few weeks for sure

Best totw in a few weeks for sure

That wouldn't be hard

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I see you Al Soma, ready for the annual obligatory red pick....

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I see you Al Soma, ready for the annual obligatory red pick....

My eyes lit up at lozano..... Ive missed him :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,984 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

No IF Matt Doherty for an Assist and Clean Sheet in a 1-0 win :(

Was really hoping we'd see another League Milestone today like the MLS one, becase that'd mean we're getting 1 per week, but doesn't look like it.

In general there's been a big lack of SBC/Objective content so far, 6 weeks in and we've only had 2 Flashbacks and 1 Moments card. Icon stuff hasn't even started yet either and we're looking at at least another month until we see Swaps.

Was really hoping we'd see another League Milestone today like the MLS one, becase that'd mean we're getting 1 per week, but doesn't look like it.

In general there's been a big lack of SBC/Objective content so far, 6 weeks in and we've only had 2 Flashbacks and 1 Moments card. Icon stuff hasn't even started yet either and we're looking at at least another month until we see Swaps.

I must be in the minority that misses the days of just totw cards until player of the year comes along and when you had a black card it was worth something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

jayo26 wrote: »
    Messi is cf too he is gonna look great as a red pick.

Just think of that chem link to SBC Fati!

• Advertisement

I must be in the minority that misses the days of just totw cards until player of the year comes along and when you had a black card it was worth something.

I'd lean that way too. Or at least towards being happier there's not a dozen free specials available each week.

Its crazy how quickly IFs became worthless this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I'd lean that way too. Or at least towards being happier there's not a dozen free specials available each week.

Its crazy how quickly IFs became worthless this year.

Yep, pretty much it. They’re only useful for fodder in SBCs now barring the big names.

Finding the content so far anyway a bit drab. Nothing has tempted me at all so far as they’re either ****e or unreasonably expensive. Only half-decent one is Atal and Nice are struggling in EL so not too sure on that.

IFs haven't been useable since they started doing weekly red picks, that's no coincidence.

27 Rivals games played and I may have just missed out on rank 1 thanks to a disconnect in a game that said I had 16 ping.

Anyone used kyle walker as cb? Would he be ok with the high work rates? Im itchy to try simething different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Same - I'm always most interested at the start of a game cycle.

Just IFs and flashback SBCs would be perfect. It's stupid that a player ends up having 10 versions.
    Yep, pretty much it. They’re only useful for fodder in SBCs now barring the big names.

Finding the content so far anyway a bit drab. Nothing has tempted me at all so far as they’re either ****e or unreasonably expensive. Only half-decent one is Atal and Nice are struggling in EL so not too sure on that.

My favourite content is the silver lounge stuff. Any content that forces people to play with players they wouldn't normally use is interesting.

The Mollet & MLS stuff was fun too. Max squad rating makes things interesting, but I just feel like everyone is just finding ways to shoehorn loan Mpabbe & loan icons into their teams. It would be cool if they made a max player rating to go along with the max team rating.

v3ttel wrote: »

My favourite content is the silver lounge stuff. Any content that forces people to play with players they wouldn't normally use is interesting.

The Mollet & MLS stuff was fun too. Max squad rating makes things interesting, but I just feel like everyone is just finding ways to shoehorn loan Mpabbe & loan icons into their teams. It would be cool if they made a max player rating to go along with the max team rating.

Ooh, I agree with the silver lounge actually. Very fun to play and stress-free. I only started playing it there last week and enjoying it a lot. Just got Che Adams done in 3 games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,757 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Max squad rating with a player rating cap of say 84 or 85 would be great. Its still good now even though people shoehorn Mbappe in.

Seems incredibly easy to get a supersquad now compared to say Fifa 18 and earlier, good in some ways but I think its more enjoyable playing with and against flawed teams

Silver stuff is great fun. For the first couple weeks we were also getting a "Silver Beasts" objective for an untradeable 55k pack but EA gave up on that real quick.

Crisis averted, clinched it

S0k60J0.jpg

• Advertisement

Silver stuff is great fun. For the first couple weeks we were also getting a "Silver Beasts" objective for an untradeable 55k pack but EA gave up on that real quick.

It’s still there... untradeable rare mega pack, but it’s in squad battles rather than the friendly. Actually might do that - only drag is that it’s 5 games of squad battles, but the rare mega pack seems a pretty good reward.

It’s still there... untradeable rare mega pack, but it’s in squad battles rather than the friendly. Actually might do that - only drag is that it’s 5 games of squad battles, but the rare mega pack seems a pretty good reward.

Oh yeah that's the one from a few weeks ago that I already completed, for the first couple weeks they were releasing a new Silver Beasts objective every week, then they just released that one and put like a 3 week time limit on it instead and haven't released another one since.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Meh

image.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Rewards out early this week.

Absolutely shocking for me. Took Elyounoussi and Casteels for the players pick. Didn't get a sniff of anything decent.

Mostly fodder in the rest of the packs.

Sigh. 82 Soler and 81 Travernier my best choices from Reds.

WL Rewards: Did pack IF Llorente from packs, tradable. So thats a very handy 180k. So with that, 30k from winning, and the rest of the fodder, I did walk away with 200k extra this week. I think I'll look to put that into the team, somehow.

Rivals: Untradeable Jordon Henderson the absolute only thing of note.

Llorente really coming in clutch this week.

1 50k
    4 Megas
    2 Ultimates

Most valuable player was Verrarti

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

G2 Rewards:

76 Cuffaut
    81 Al Soma
    82 Carlos Soler
    81 Alario

81 Elyounoussi
    81 ALario
    76 Gassama
    75 Nishizawa

Why oh why do we bother?!?!

Got watkins from one of my picks and kruse from the other.

Fabianski and Soler, pretty useless. Got a Courtois out of my packs so 30k at least

Went untradeable for rivals and just got a tonne of crap to use for SBCs, if any decent ones ever happen.

• Advertisement

Not the worst rewards this week, overall pretty happy.

Thiago Silva
    Ollie Watkins

I already have the SBC OTW version of Silva so SBC fodder it is.

For my WL rewards I went untradeable again and packed duplicate Mendy. So I was able to sell my tradable version for 105k.

Then from one of my tradable packs, I also managed to pack RTTF Muriel who I sold for another 45k.

Overall up about 185k after everything is sold, with some new SBC fodder so can't complain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Yeah agreed, just feels like every game you are playing Loan MBappe or Cantona or Del Piero or something. Got to the point for MLS & Mollet that I was putting Mbappe on my bench and if other guy played a basic team he got left there but otherwise mostly had to being him on at half time. Same with the RTTF Koundé card. Got to the point where I was just insta-quitting when someone was pausing straight from tip off as I was sick of seeing MBappe & icons.

Max rating 77 with a max player rating of 84 would make it interesting.

4x 15k packs and 2x mega packs. Got an 1x83 and that’s it :pac:

Swear my div 5 rank 3 rewards last week were better. Got more fodder from those.

All useless haven't gotten anything useable from weekend league yet. May give it a skip this week

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Frisbee wrote: »
    Yeah agreed, just feels like every game you are playing Loan MBappe or Cantona or Del Piero or something. Got to the point for MLS & Mollet that I was putting Mbappe on my bench and if other guy played a basic team he got left there but otherwise mostly had to being him on at half time. Same with the RTTF Koundé card. Got to the point where I was just insta-quitting when someone was pausing straight from tip off as I was sick of seeing MBappe & icons.

Max rating 77 with a max player rating of 84 would make it interesting.

Lads, they're friendlies, they don't go on your record, you don't lose contracts or anything!!

I've no problem with people using high rated loans. Could be the only time most get to play with them in fifa anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

The ball deflections off defenders to leave opposition strikers in on goal is a p*ss take at this stage, you do your tactics that dont actually work, so i user the CDM, block 90% of the passes through only for the ball to deflect off somebody else and i have conceded, its so obvious its ott yet they wont fix it

• Advertisement

The ball deflections off defenders to leave opposition strikers in on goal is a p*ss take at this stage, you do your tactics, user the CDM, block the passes through only for the ball to deflect off somebody else and you have conceded

Being hacked down when you're through on goal is another issue. Happened to me a lot last weekend and not even a yellow given. I'll be doing it myself this weekend if needed.

Offside is busted to, conceded 2 last night where my opponent msg'd me to say his goals were offside, so i looked at the highlights, and there was my defenders, straight line across the field, and his striker ahead of them by about 5 yards, goals scored

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Offside is busted to, conceded 2 last night where my opponent msg'd me to say his goals were offside, so i looked at the highlights, and there was my defenders, straight line across the field, and his striker ahead of them by about 5 yards, goals scored

That's interesting - the other night when I couldn't win a game to save my life there was definitely goals where I was like "surely that's offside, WTF" but never bothered watching the replay as I just assumed it mustn't have been.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭Anonymou

It really is better to be lucky than good - have the game a month or so and yet to play weekend league so have just been picking the coins options after each week of Division rivals (in div 5) and building away slowly. This week hadn't played much and only to rank 3 so said might as well go for pack rewards instead. 2 x gold jumbo and 2 prime. 1st prime pack I open has both Joe Gomez and N'Golo Kante looking back at me :pac: will not be opening a pack again, I think I have used all my luck up in my first go!

The fact none here seem to have gotten even a mid tier red pick so far sums it up. You'd think one of us here would have gotten something in the 85 rating range.

• Advertisement

The fact none here seem to have gotten even a mid tier red pick so far sums it up. You'd think one of us here would have gotten something in the 85 rating range.

Thiago Silva is 86. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Ahem
    dmigsy wrote: »
    Meh

image.png

But yeah, generally crap red picks. Haven't had a single usable one yet.

Might use this Thiago Silva but only because I'm planning to sell all my tradable players and play for a while with untradable only. Still, have the OTW version of him already so not much of an upgrade.

Thursday night is probably the best time to sell all my players, right?

That's interesting - the other night when I couldn't win a game to save my life there was definitely goals where I was like "surely that's offside, WTF" but never bothered watching the replay as I just assumed it mustn't have been.

Now maybe i had an ai midfielder who i couldnt see on screen that had dropped back to far, i dont know, but i could see my back 4 and his striker

You know what breaks my heart.

I bought Bale a few weeks ago for 50k. He's down at 7k now.

I know thats stupid, because he's made back way more than that in WL results. But it's why I hate buying cards. I can't help but look at the massive coin loss on him.

And then it puts me off updating to another rare gold card, like Salah or Mane, who are in the 300k range currently. Makes me lean towards just using untradeables.

I know thats a stupid mindset, yet its one I can never shake.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Opened my rewards for rivals earlier and thought I hit the jackpot. Was a walkout, Argentinian, CF....Dybala :( I swear they do that on purpose to bait people ha. Feel sick to my stomach, thought I got Messi.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Got 2 cards in the 70s from my 2 picks.

I dont just get any luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I know thats stupid, because he's made back way more than that in WL results. But it's why I hate buying cards. I can't help but look at the massive coin loss on him.

And then it puts me off updating to another rare gold card, like Salah or Mane, who are in the 300k range currently. Makes me lean towards just using untradeables.

In fairness 83 rated card couldn't hold its value for too long.

Kante, Mbappe and the likes still holding their price.

Cards like Bale, Adama never would. Only a matter of time Martial joins them, at the end it is 84 card. Meta, overpowered or whatever, but will drop like a stone at some point.

I've been the same - pretty much haven't bought a player over 20k yet as prices seem to drop week on week. Sitting on 700k now and have pretty much only used my untradeables and 10k players since getting the game, the idea is the longer I wait the better the squad I buy will be but I just keep waiting..:pac:

Also waiting for some good SBCs to come out but none of them have suited me thus far

Been waiting an age for Joe Gomez to drop, it just doesn't make sense for an 83 card to be that expensive

AdamD wrote: »
    I've been the same - pretty much haven't bought a player over 20k yet as prices seem to drop week on week. Sitting on 700k now and have pretty much only used my untradeables and 10k players since getting the game, the idea is the longer I wait the better the squad I buy will be but I just keep waiting..:pac:

Also waiting for some good SBCs to come out but none of them have suited me thus far

Been waiting an age for Joe Gomez to drop, it just doesn't make sense for an 83 card to be that expensive

Might be an idea to invest in some fodder if you're planning on doing the Icon SBC that's coming soon. Prices will be high when that drops.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Guessing Harry Kane will get POTM tomorrow? 4 goals and 3 assists

Will probably be 90 rated so could be very expensive

• Advertisement
Advertisement