Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

RedRochey wrote: »
    Guessing Harry Kane will get POTM tomorrow? 4 goals and 3 assists

Will probably be 90 rated so could be very expensive

I reckon 91 rated as he has an IF as well already.
    Reckon 300-400k I imagine unless they bump him higher. He also has a rulebreaker card for about the 1.5 mill so can't see too many doing him if its too expensive.
    Son could also get it,...he has the same goals and one less assist as well. Its him or Kane to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

Is it people voting on the card, or is it the actual PL POTM that gets the SBC? I remember a couple of years ago, Matt Doherty won POTM in August, and Hazard was the player in the SBC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

blaa85 wrote: »
    Is it people voting on the card, or is it the actual PL POTM that gets the SBC? I remember a couple of years ago, Matt Doherty won POTM in August, and Hazard was the player in the SBC.

its the actual player nowadays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

If it's Kane I can't see there being huge demand unless they give him a big pace boost. I know slower players are more useable this year but it's still in everyones head that pace is king. If it is Son though I would expect high rated cards to go absolutely through the roof. If it's a ST Son it will be a no-brainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Team sold. Untradeable squad for the weekend. I could be buying half of these again by Sunday!

image.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

What do people think will happen to the market when the next gen versions get released?

Like would you say coins are going to be more useful or could there be player scarcity on the new platforms?

dmigsy wrote: »
    Team sold. Untradeable squad for the weekend. I could be buying half of these again by Sunday!

image.png

Seriously curious how this works out. I'll cross my fingers for you, not sure i'd be brave enough to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

dmigsy wrote: »

image.png

Why the cull?

Parawind wrote: »
    Seriously curious how this works out. I'll cross my fingers for you, not sure i'd be brave enough to do it.

Worst-case scenario is I have a bad weekend. Only 2.5M coins to rebuild with if it goes wrong :D. Should be interesting anyway. I've used some of these players for over 200 games so will be nice to change it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I'm kind of in the same boat as regards not wanting to lose a bunch of coins buying cards only for them to drop, especially at this time of year ahead or just after Black Friday.

Last December I bought Neymar for around 1.2million and literally 5 days later he was less than 800K.

I really want to get Mendy at LB, he's 83 but has maintained his value until now as he's still the best LB in the game. I expect everyone to take a hit due to Black Friday after this weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Guessing Harry Kane will get POTM tomorrow? 4 goals and 3 assists

Will probably be 90 rated so could be very expensive

I hope it's not Son, I don't really want to do him but his card will be too good to turn down and with MBappe surely going to get the French POTM that will be all in...
    So coming up we will have, Kane/Son POTM, MBappe POTM, black Friday event and Icon SBCs all in the next few weeks.
    blaa85 wrote: »

I think our votes count for 9%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Just played 3 rival matches, 3 wins as i was cruising, 3 disconnects, no result counted, but match count did, i swear, its just one of those weeks

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Screw it, I'm getting over my fears.

As a United fan, this breaks my heart, but I've brought in VVD, Mane and TAA. Want to rebuild the right side of my attack, and playing a few games with mane at RW, he's incredible.

I can see me taking a break after this weekend, due to the XboxX coming out and a move over to AC Valhalla for a bit, so may as well see how I get on this weekend with the three new players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Is Arnold going to improve your right side?

Given his pace he is almost an sbc fodder these days unfortunately.

Just saying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Jaysus. New CL SBC for a 50k pack... just the 70 odd CL cards required :pac:

Edit: it’s an untradeable 50k pack too ffs. If they were gonna make it untradeable, just make it a 100k pack instead.

No marquee match ups this week?

Sure. The game is almost over lol.

They don't even bother, do they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

wonski wrote: »
    No marquee match ups this week?

Sure. The game is almost over lol.

They don't even bother, do they?

Can’t see marquee match ups either ? It’s the only SBC I usually get anything decent from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,757 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Really don't like these SBCs tied to special cards that just get inflated in the market

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,984 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Just counting down the days for this season to end, praying next Friday is the day we see Icon SBCs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

GavK wrote: »
    Can’t see marquee match ups either ? It’s the only SBC I usually get anything decent from.

They are there.

This doesn't make any sense, Mbappe has a perfect record and way more goals scored, but somehow EA have avoided having to give out an Mbappe SBC :D:D:D

https://twitter.com/LOSC_EN/status/1326964502810796032?s=20

• Advertisement

jayo26 wrote: »
    They are there.

There now, weren't there when he posted, showed up half an hour late for some reason

This doesn't make any sense, Mbappe has a perfect record and way more goals scored, but somehow EA have avoided having to give out an Mbappe SBC :D:D:D

https://twitter.com/LOSC_EN/status/1326964502810796032?s=20

Called it :pac:

Called it :pac:

False alarm unfortunately, the French account just says he's been nominated for POTM, for some reason the English account decided he's won it :pac:

Yeah, they added mm later on.

Better later than never.

False alarm unfortunately, the French account just says he's been nominated for POTM, for some reason the English account decided he's won it :pac:

Fair enough. It was a very strange decision tbh given Mbappe’s stats.

Marquee matchup rewards have actually given me miles better cards than my rivals rewards :pac: every pack had an 84 in it.

wonski wrote: »
    Is Arnold going to improve your right side?

Given his pace he is almost an sbc fodder these days unfortunately.

Just saying.

He’s slower than Semedo but I’m not nessecarily looking for pace from him. He’s mainly to help get Mane up as high chem as possible. At his price, it’s not a disaster if he’s not a massive upgrade on Semedo. But Mane is a big upgrade on Bale. So net positive improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

West Ham’s Sebastian Haller is after scoring for the Ivory Coast tonight. In FIFA he has a french flag on his card ?

GavK wrote: »
    West Ham’s Sebastian Haller is after scoring for the Ivory Coast tonight. In FIFA he has a french flag on his card ?

His first game for Ivory Coast, played for France at all youth levels

T1RMbK8.png

We'll probably see a nationality switched card at some point, same thing for Zaha a few years back (oddly enough also Ivory Coast)

xwh86WQ.png8QGqCb3.png

Lord TSC wrote: »
    He’s slower than Semedo but I’m not nessecarily looking for pace from him. He’s mainly to help get Mane up as high chem as possible. At his price, it’s not a disaster if he’s not a massive upgrade on Semedo. But Mane is a big upgrade on Bale. So net positive improvement.

If you're using Trent try some LB+RB+Y passes, you can hit them from almost any angle and they're basically just way more functional chipped through balls, I'm averaging an assist every 2.5 games or so with him mostly thanks to those passes.

Came up against a fella in rivals with Messi, Crespo, Ramos, VVD etc and he genuinely just played 1 depth drop back the entire game and countered me. I lost it 3-2 as I could never find space in the box with 3 defenders around me at all times... don’t know how people play like that. So so boring. Can’t wait for the day the drop back meta is gone.

• Advertisement

Screw it, I'm getting over my fears.

As a United fan, this breaks my heart, but I've brought in VVD, Mane and TAA. Want to rebuild the right side of my attack, and playing a few games with mane at RW, he's incredible.

I can see me taking a break after this weekend, due to the XboxX coming out and a move over to AC Valhalla for a bit, so may as well see how I get on this weekend with the three new players.

If it’s for chem, what’s your team look like? I’m playing Mane on 7 chem up front in the 352 and he’s unreal!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Holding my own in division 5, slipping into division 4 at times and coming back down rapidly enough... Silver lounge is good craic, been using a fully Irish team for objectives and it's fun.

First weekend league is this one for me, team is way off and have no coins but I'm going to try it anyway! Have a back issue, so rest is on the agenda so might get close to 30 in. Won't be able to play it for next 4 weeks as will be away for work anyway.

Overall, I'm enjoying it. I think there are way too many silly Tifos and trophies though. 30 assists and you get some waste of time trophy?! Last year you might have got a pack!!!

Here's the untradable team that I've settled on for the weekend. It's pretty good tbh. Mukiele and Atal are terrific. Thiago Silva was just too slow so had to swap in Kimpembe. Played a few Rivals games and did fine (Been in Div 2 pretty much since I got the game). I'm sure it'll start to struggle towards the end of the WL. Mostly miss the power of VVD, Sissoko and Fabinho. Other than that it's totally useable.

image.png

Rumours on the twitterverse that Son has got the POTM and will be released today.

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Rumours on the twitterverse that Son has got the POTM and will be released today.

There's a challenge on futbin and it looks crazy expensive. Also will take a lot of cards out of the market

85,86,87,88, 2x TOTW. Honestly doesn’t seem that bad given it’s a POTM Son. Pack rewards are decent too.

Well I packed Mane this week so I won't be doing this.

88 rated squad for an untradeable pack!! All these packs should be tradeable if you're putting in fodder for an untradeable card.

It seems prohibitavly expensive though right? Like to get the 88 and 87 rates squads you likely end up putting in multiple players over the 89 that son is. Or am I missing something

Mr Moon wrote: »
    If it’s for chem, what’s your team look like? I’m playing Mane on 7 chem up front in the 352 and he’s unreal!

It was...
    Suarez
    Fati - Griezman - Mane
    Casemiro - Pogba
    Telles - Silva - VVD - TAA
    Allison

...in a 433.

But I just went 3-6 with the "strengthening" :( So, thats a disaster of a start.
    It seems prohibitavly expensive though right? Like to get the 88 and 87 rates squads you likely end up putting in multiple players over the 89 that son is. Or am I missing something

I guess it depends on whether or not you've a load of fodder at this point. I've got a half dozen 87-89 rated goalkeepers now, untradeable. Turning them into a POTM Son might be tempting. If it's not Son, they'll just go into a different high rated SBC eventually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

According to Futbin it'll cost 570k, he has similar stats to ST Rashford which is nearly 800k, and Mane and Salah who go for around 400k so overall I don't think he's overly expensive

The 88 rated squad for Son gives back an untradeable Prime Gold Players Pack. I think this is the first time a POTM SBC has given untradeable rewards. That segment of the SBC costs 230k and they can't even bare the idea of giving you back a tradeable 45k pack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Yeah I can't see it being too popular a card. Relatively expensive, for a not massive upgrade, untradeable packs back and you can get Mane for cheaper and tradeable.

According to Futbin it'll cost 570k, he has similar stats to ST Rashford which is nearly 800k, and Mane and Salah who go for around 400k so overall I don't think he's overly expensive

Yeah but you can sell those on, you're stuck with this card so if you want to change to a new team or whatever its no use.

There are so many good LMs I'd be surprised if this card is that popular

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

you need your head examined if youre gonna do that son imo, esp with an mbappe potm coming out soon too :D not that i'll do that one either i think in general the potm sbcs are pretty bad to do overall for the reasons you guys already stated itt

I did it just now, ended up costing 250k plus a bunch of SBC fodder.

I worked it from back to front starting with the highest requirements and managed to pack Handanovic in my first pack which helped.

Going to use him as my super sub to replace IF Ben Yedder up front when he gets tired.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

1-4 in the WL.... sounds a lot worse than it is. Lost an awful game in the last one. Hammered in one, but got a stupid sending off after 2 minutes in it. Also, a penalty was given against me where I won the ball which was strange.

Overall, I feel competitive but lacking a little quality. Will try for 6 or 8 wins to start with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Can’t grind WL this week, thought 13 wins last week, Ollie Watkins to show for it, young lad packed RTF Rashford from rivals!!!! WTF. That’s on top of him packing Mane & Salah a few weeks ago!!

There was a time when an SBC dropping like the Son one would have caused a mad run on cards in my trade pile. I remember days where I'd check at the end of a cycle, and there'd have been 50 sales. Every discard IF I'd have in my pile would have instant sold, a proper jackpot.

Now, it barely pops prices. :(

Parawind wrote: »

That Akanji might just change my plans.. have his gold card beside Klostermann + Zakaria in midfield. Love is regular card.

• Advertisement
Advertisement