Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Biggest bottle I have had in years

Was 9-7

Finished 10-20

Sold the team and not touching the game for a long time, I'm just not good enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,931 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

That's 54 Long Passing Adama Traore to you!

O1UuvRv.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Just had the most frustrating yet most satisfying game in a while, battering the goal, 21 shots 17 on target to 5 and 4, im 2-1 up with 5 to play, he gets the ball 25 yards from goal and bends it in the top corner, a great goal....from Joel Matip and his 63 shot

Controller nearly goes through the tele, but 3mins into injury time, he has everybody back but they cant stop that man Ollie Watkins, a little twist in the box and bang, 3-2 and all over, love those type of wins

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

did van der sar with fodder from club im happy about the decision but also know it probably wasnt the smartest decision but at least it wasnt figo :D

Thinking about selling Keane for sol.campbell or another icon cb does anyone have a recommendation of an icon cb to pair with van dijk

Thinking about selling Keane for sol.campbell or another icon cb does anyone have a recommendation of an icon cb to pair with van dijk

whichever one is the fastest for your price range imo

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

Anybody here playing weekend league on the PS5 ? I’m on PS4 and it’s absolutely shocking today. Just curious to know if there’s any difference.

chips1234 wrote: »
    whichever one is the fastest for your price range imo

Makes sense with vvd tempted with if gomez but an icon can link my if renato sanchez

Makes sense with vvd tempted with if gomez but an icon can link my if renato sanchez

if you can afford baby rio id be tempted to go for him

if you can afford baby rio id be tempted to go for him

Probably will I was between him, campbell and cannavarro but I think cannavarro is to small

• Advertisement

Probably will I was between him, campbell and cannavarro but I think cannavarro is to small

cannavaro might be ok being paired with van dijk i havent used either tbh but being biased id go baby rio :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Someone asked about IF Gomez and the lad on futbin reviewed him and rated him better than VVD. He has the speed and agility over VVD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

GavK wrote: »
    Anybody here playing weekend league on the PS5 ? I’m on PS4 and it’s absolutely shocking today. Just curious to know if there’s any difference.

I was on yesterday alright, but on rivals. Thought the opposite, game felt very smooth for me. Friday the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

That's 54 Long Passing Adama Traore to you!

O1UuvRv.gif

Some ball

I'm struggling to get Ben Yedder and Dybala to score in games but De Vrij with 25 finishing can finesse a shot in from outside the box...its farcical. I should just play my defenders up front and the strikers in defence :)

Blazer wrote: »
    I'm struggling to get Ben Yedder and Dybala to score in games but De Vrij with 25 finishing can finesse a shot in from outside the box...its farcical. I should just play my defenders up front and the strikers in defence :)

big brain thinking mate defenders cant be faster than your attackers if they are against your defenders :D i like it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

I'm 8-1 on a weekend where I barely have time to play. I'll be lucky to get time to get to 14 wins. Having one of my CDMs set to Balanced Attack rather than Stay Back has been a game-changer. Renato Sanches making late runs has made a huge difference.

15-3 atm, 2 games i lost today i could very much of won also just need to improve more. would be nice to go 12-0 for the remaining games but id be happy hitting elite either way im sure i'll end up disappointed :D

First game of the day and the game glitches and puts both teams in this default kit

image.jpg

• Advertisement

Okay yeah I'm not playing past 14 this week :pac: This is all from the same game:

GK MOTM with 13 saves:

image.jpg

Kick off goal where I make a tackle but the ball bounces back to him so kindly he doesn't even have to break his stride:

FqyX5wz.gif

Penalties for bumping into each other but nothing for a slide tackle that trips me and gets nowhere near the ball:

JVpP96G.gif

I'm usually okay about not getting TOO frustrated with this game but this match sent me over the edge.

New Championship Milestones are out, King, Sinclair, and Dack as the rewards. Cards look pretty poor all things considered, I think a big issue with them is that people are gonna thing "well why would I use that Scott Sinclair when Rashford and Sterling are already better?" which is why the MLS cards are so good, there aren't any better USA players to choose from.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Ended up going 14-7 in the weekend league. Really enjoyed it. The pressure was off with using a first owner RTG, looking forward to two poor red picks Thursday now :)

20-4, managed to win the last game after being 4-1 up and getting the stamina glitch where all my players had no stamina left before half time and opponent got it back to 4-4.

20-4, managed to win the last game after being 4-1 up and getting the stamina glitch where all my players had no stamina left before half time and opponent got it back to 4-4.

nice man..what formation /tactics are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

I finished 18-12

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Are the conmebol libertadores players useless once this sbc expires?

nice man..what formation /tactics are you using?

4222/4231/3512/424 depending on whats happening in the game, mainly 4222 though, just lost 9-1 to go 21-5 and it was the funniest game ever i wasnt able to move quick enough to defend berba spins in the box tackling didnt work basically everything he hit went in haha.

tactics wise press after possession loss and 5/5 balanced on everything else 1 for corners and free kicks, cams come back on defence nothing else, cdms stay back cut lanes cover centre conservative interceptions, and one on balanced, fbs stay back conservative insterceptions and overlap. strikers i dont touch.

Leaving it at 14-1. Feels like a bit of waste but I'm up early tomorrow. Hopefully have more time to get the 30 games in next weekend. 15 Rivals games to chip away during the week anyway.

Defo turned a corner in terms of how my team is set up and how I defend. Three positives from the weekend:

1) Defending by controlling my CDMs 95% of the time is the way to go. AI defenders make fewer mistakes in positioning/lunging-in than I do and the CDMs win a lot of ball running back.
    2) As I said in an earlier post, getting one of my CDMs forward into the box has won me a lot of games. Renato Sanches seems to have made a late run to score/assist in nearly all my tight matches. No need to have the two CDMs on Stay Back in the 4231 I play. The extra unpredictability in attack is way more valuable than the security of two sitting CDMs.
    3) Kounde has been surprisingly good but he's probably the most upgradable. Saving coins for Varane now.

image.png

23-6 will give last game away really feel i can be better and that im not that far away from the 27 but still a lot to work on

Logged on and played 1 game, logged off again. 14 shots on target, scored 4. Opponent had 6 on target, scored 5 including one finesse that somehow went through 4 players with none of them auto-blocking it.

Also found a weird thing with the defensive AI where I manually track the runner and for some reason, my CB decided to track the runner too leaving a load of space through the middle.. happened to me so many times already and I’ve conceded from 90% of them. So so frustrating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Finished 20W 9L with 1 game to spare.

Hard to tell if I was any better with IF Gomez. Only managed to score 1 corner vs 6-7 that I would normally average with Van Dijk. So seems like a sideways move.

Also there is a special place in hell reserved for people playing 5 at the back with a team full of Icons and CR7. :eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Goals from corners have dried up for me since Mane came to my team, he sits in the middle with VVD and it’s very messy now to set it up, also since I got rid of Bale the quality isn’t the best coming in.

I played and won 3 more games with a mess team so I actually finished 17-11.
    B4720227-D513-4485-9-D6-C-A8996-D713819.jpg

I actually came up against the following team... he RQ at 4-1. I felt like sending him a message saying get the CC back out to improve your team :pac:

E6-B45-D52-254-A-4958-A1-F4-C13-E816-BAED3.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I don't think I've scored or conceded from a corner in weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

packed seedorf from a gold pack I got from playing a squad battles match, happy days

AdamD wrote: »
    I don't think I've scored or conceded from a corner in weeks

yeah the game is basically gone back to fifa 20.
    Its like the few patches pulled the entire game out and replaced it with fifa 20.
    Wouldn't mind but I was really enjoying the new gameplay.

yeah the game is basically gone back to fifa 20.
    Its like the few patches pulled the entire game out and replaced it with fifa 20.
    Wouldn't mind but I was really enjoying the new gameplay.

Pre-patch it was a lot of fun. It seems to happen every year where pre-patch, everyone seems to enjoy themselves and then it all goes downhill post-patch. Surely it’s something EA notices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Surely its more to do with the quality of teams than the patches? The game is simply more fun before everybody has god teams with 0 weaknesses

Two good repeatable Upgrade SBCs out, unfortunately it's during the one week there are no promo cards in packs, gonna do some and save til Friday.

AdamD wrote: »
    Surely its more to do with the quality of teams than the patches? The game is simply more fun before everybody has god teams with 0 weaknesses

Definitely not.
    Crossing has been nerfed big time again.
    It’s the only reason i bought the game as I enjoyed it pre patch.

Honestly the only difference I've noticed pre and post patch is how many penalties are being given out, I'm still scoring headers and corners just fine.

• Advertisement

Did 2 of the 2x81+ packs :D

image.jpg

Just need that Red Andy Robertson now on Thursday for a full untradeable Liverpool backline :D

image.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Just need that Red Andy Robertson now on Thursday for a full untradeable Liverpool backline :D

image.jpg

Wait we signed Semedo..... :D

Need Milner in there instead.

4x 81+ upgrades and 1x TOTW.

Batshuayi in the TOTW and Valverde the only decent one from upgrades. Rest were 81.

Ibrahimovic and Gareth Bale are suddenly kicking up a fuss on Twitter about not knowing EA had the rights to their images....yeah these lads who've been playing professional football for 10+ years had apparently never heard of FIFA or that they were in it until today despite the fact that one has posed for a photo with his POTM card and the other was literally on the cover of the game.

Interesting timing considering this is the same week that Beckham got paid a truckload to appear in the game.

Ibrahimovic and Gareth Bale are suddenly kicking up a fuss on Twitter about not knowing EA had the rights to their images....yeah these lads who've been playing professional football for 10+ years had apparently never heard of FIFA or that they were in it until today despite the fact that one has posed for a photo with his POTM card and the other was literally on the cover of the game.

Interesting timing considering this is the same week that Beckham got paid a truckload to appear in the game.

Even funnier - Bale has his own esports team. One of those esports? FIFA :pac:

Two lads just want 200k/week for their image rights.

Edit: just saw this, could be interesting if anything comes of it, especially if EA lose and are forced to give up player faces etc.

One of the responses to Zlatan’s tweet

http://twitter.com/ftbIswanny/status/1330961067078426624

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Lads, I need some defending advice. I’ve conceding about 30 goals tonight from people running down the byline and passing across for a tap in doing the player objectives. I can’t stop them and yet when I go up and try it I can’t get it past their defender. What are they doing that I’m not or what should I do to defend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Anyone else having lagging problems tonight? Got disconnected a few times last night just doing squad battles which cost me a few thousand points and tonight in friendlies doing Bellerin objective every single game is affected by lag even though my ping at start of game is usually around 40.

Only consolation is that friendlies don’t cost you anything but frustrating nonetheless but at least I got Bellerin done

• Advertisement

Anyone do the Flashback Khedira? Worth it? Considering doing it. Only a couple of days left.

Advertisement