Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Out of interest, what formations are you using to counter? I’ve always seen pros do it but never know what counters what and how they set up for it.

I start out with a 4231.
    It’s fine if I meet an opponent playing 442 etc.
    I found this formation is open against 41212 (2)so when I come up against 41212(2) I switch to 442.
    If I’m up against 4231 as well and it’s even I’ll switch to 41212(2) and this gives me the advantage then.
    I must look at more but this was just something I set up this weekend to test.
    For 4122(2) everything is default.
    For 442 I’m using Ivlads instructions on futbin( he’s the guy who reviews a lot of the cards on futbin).
    It’s definitely making a difference as I’m barely losing a game by a goal whereas previous weeks these guys would have been hammering me.

BrentMused wrote: »
    Any suggestions for a Premier League box-to-box midfielder/second CDM to play alongside Kante in a 4-2-3-1 guys? Neymar gets subbed on as my CAM.

Currently using Allan on balanced and whilst his defensive work is excellent, offensively he’s not up to scratch.

De Bruyne would hardly work in that role would he?

Apart from that the options are probably Wijnaldum or Pogba I guess?

That Ox card is supposed to be excellent at box to box. A bit overpriced but in general reviews are that that Ox card is pretty good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Base icon upgrade number 3. Welcome to the club Zinedine :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Is anyone else on PS5 struggling this weekend league? I can’t get any momentum at all, I’ll win 2 lose 3, win 2 lose 2. I haven’t had an easy game all weekend. Currently 9-10.

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Is anyone else on PS5 struggling this weekend league? I can’t get any momentum at all, I’ll win 2 lose 3, win 2 lose 2. I haven’t had an easy game all weekend. Currently 9-10.

Yeah well I just found every single team to be insane like 90% having Neymar Mbappe and more. And I don't ever remember coming up against God squads every single game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Yeah well I just found every single team to be insane like 90% having Neymar Mbappe and more. And I don't ever remember coming up against God squads every single game

It seems pretty logical to me that many people who can afford to have a PS5 at this point in time (when many people are tightening their belts) or were able to pay scalpers prices would also have a higher likelihood of having extra money to throw at FUT. Next Gen would already have a smaller pool of players to match against, meaning a higher likelihood of facing these types of God Squads.

Parawind wrote: »
    It seems pretty logical to me that many people who can afford to have a PS5 at this point in time (when many people are tightening their belts) or were able to pay scalpers prices would also have a higher likelihood of having extra money to throw at FUT. Next Gen would already have a smaller pool of players to match against, meaning a higher likelihood of facing these types of God Squads.

Yeah like I definitely think there's something to it and it's kinda annoying :( Might go back to ps4 next weekend :D (joke btw :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

Yeah like I definitely think there's something to it and it's kinda annoying :( Might go back to ps4 next weekend :D (joke btw :p)

afaik you can play the ps4 version and the player pool on ps5 still.

chips1234 wrote: »
    afaik you can play the ps4 version and the player pool on ps5 still.

I doubt it. Ps5 you get like 2 seconds on the team screen.

• Advertisement

Anyone on Xbox series who got Fifa upgraded?
    Mine is still on the old version.

I doubt it. Ps5 you get like 2 seconds on the team screen.

im 90% sure i seen on twitter people saying you could but i could of just mis-read it or something but there was def people talking about it .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,931 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Objective for a 50k pack based on Beckham's career......one of the objectives is to score FIVE free kicks.

EDIT: the objectives are also riddled with spelling errors and incorrect figures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Nigh-on every team I'm playing against on PS5 today has Neymar and Mbappe, no way to compete with it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Objective for a 50k pack based on Beckham's career......one of the objectives is to score FIVE free kicks.

EDIT: the objectives are also riddled with spelling errors and incorrect figures.

I think Ive scored 3 free kicks in 400 games or so :pac:

Lord TSC wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yY1f_YzSiA&ab_channel=XampL_Xx

here you go and he's an irish youtuber so helps both :D very simple free kick turtorial

• Advertisement

AdamD wrote: »
    Nigh-on every team I'm playing against on PS5 today has Neymar and Mbappe, no way to compete with it.

It's crazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

chips1234 wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yY1f_YzSiA&ab_channel=XampL_Xx

here you go and he's an irish youtuber so helps both :D very simple free kick turtorial

Only ~120 views on this video and now I'm able to score the vast majority of free kicks in the skill games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

AdamD wrote: »

Sometimes there’s an IF Ronaldo thrown in just to mix things up :pac: my CBs Akanji and Klostermann must be sick of them at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

At least there's a few weeks to do them and it's any game mode so you'll be completing them without noticing . . . Except for the bloody free kicks which is only squad battles :D

Green timing the frees works best for me, get someone with decent free kick stats aim for the corner 2 bars power and try green time it. Goes in most times.

• Advertisement

Scored this one earlier today

JV7ASJF.gif

Btw that Beckham objective should be how they do Icon Swaps, instead of just having us earn tokens by playing with specific teams each Icon should have a huge list of requirements relevant to their career like these ones.

Finished 14-8 , couldn’t be bothered to go on further as the skillet of my opponents for the last 10 games or so was miles better than me and if I’m being honest.
    Only Puskas and varying my team tactics prevented me from being hammered on a load of those matches which mostly I only lost by a goal , 2 in 2-3 matches.
    Still happy as my best weekend this year as regards win ratio.
    Puskas ended up 16 games- 33 goals 7 assists.
    I’ve never had a striker produce those stats before.

RedRochey wrote: »
    At least there's a few weeks to do them and it's any game mode so you'll be completing them without noticing . . . Except for the bloody free kicks which is only squad battles :D

It’s any game mode now.
    Friendlies let’s go :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Btw that Beckham objective should be how they do Icon Swaps, instead of just having us earn tokens by playing with specific teams each Icon should have a huge list of requirements relevant to their career like these ones.

That would be really cool but would require effort and initiative from EA towers, so not a chance.

Sitting at 1440 SR and came up against a guy at 2000 and 1800 in a row. Lovely stuff. Then came up against a squad that had Gabriel Jesus and Coutinho as CDMs with Silva and Marcelo at the back... could not score for the life of me and he counters and wins it 2-1 with his only two shots of the game.

Think I’ve dropped about 200 SR now this weekend. Game is so sluggish.. think I need a break for this week until next weekend again.

I sold CR7 and Luis Figo, so sitting on just under 2 Million coins. Need to think carefully about who to invest in.

There are so many Icon's that I'd like to test out but with the EA tax need to choose wisely.

Currently looking at:
    Butragueno/Daglish/Maradona/Eto/Puskas/Cantona

Reading the comments here already I am tempted to jump aboard the Puskas train but I see good reviews for the others. Most of them are similar builds with Cantona being the exception at 6' 2" but his stats look insane. Anyone tried any of them or any alternative recommendations?

Currently I am slotting in POTM Son and RTTF Rashford on 7 Chem with Neymar and Mbappe in attack.

Also anyone done the Lucas SBC? Wondering if he feels like much of an upgrade on his base card.

Went for 17 with 6 games remaining and while I won the first 2 easily the next 3 I was complete mismatched against much better players.
    Made it with my last game.
    Puksas again- 22 games, 39 goals and 10 assists.

Regarding Puksas. For weekend league I forget the skills etc and basically go for goals. Quick passing and get the balls to my strikers.
    Most of the time it works but when I come up against the true skiller who is well able to dribble and skill I’m completely outclassed most of the time and always on the back foot,
    Reason I’m saying it who you pick depends on your type of player.
    If you’re a skiller you’ll love Cantona.
    If you’re a player like me who likes to use passes to split the opposite and get the ball to your striker then Puskas is unreal,
    Then again watch Inception and see him using Puskas and a few others and he just rips players apart.

I sold CR7 and Luis Figo, so sitting on just under 2 Million coins. Need to think carefully about who to invest in.

There are so many Icon's that I'd like to test out but with the EA tax need to choose wisely.

Currently looking at:
    Butragueno/Daglish/Maradona/Eto/Puskas/Cantona

Reading the comments here already I am tempted to jump aboard the Puskas train but I see good reviews for the others. Most of them are similar builds with Cantona being the exception at 6' 2" but his stats look insane. Anyone tried any of them or any alternative recommendations?

Currently I am slotting in POTM Son and RTTF Rashford on 7 Chem with Neymar and Mbappe in attack.

Also anyone done the Lucas SBC? Wondering if he feels like much of an upgrade on his base card.

How do you get on with Mbappe?
    I find him hit or miss. When he’s on fire he’s awesome but I just can’t make him work consistently.
    Neymar was awesome and I found much better.
    Butre I always found a puzzler. His movement for me reminds me of base Ben Yedder but with much better stats. And he feels clunky to me as opposed to say Zola who moves absolutely beautifully in game.
    Eto is supposed to be amazing as well.
    Out of all three I really wanted Cantona but I read a review that he doesn’t play well when the servers are crap whereas Eto and Puskas still hit the ground running.
    And I agree that even in bad games Puskas was still a danger everytime.

• Advertisement

Managed to scrape G3 with 3 games remaining, lost the next so didn’t play the final 2. Felix was awesome, he missed the first 8 games and still scored 29 goals.

A3092900-D728-4-F73-935-B-5-D9-D7-B146823.jpg

Blazer wrote: »
    How do you get on with Mbappe?
    I find him hit or miss. When he’s on fire he’s awesome but I just can’t make him work consistently.
    Neymar was awesome and I found much better.
    Butre I always found a puzzler. His movement for me reminds me of base Ben Yedder but with much better stats. And he feels clunky to me as opposed to say Zola who moves absolutely beautifully in game.
    Eto is supposed to be amazing as well.
    Out of all three I really wanted Cantona but I read a review that he doesn’t play well when the servers are crap whereas Eto and Puskas still hit the ground running.
    And I agree that even in bad games Puskas was still a danger everytime.

Up front when I previously had him paired with Ben Yedder he was lethal. But I moved him out wide right in a 4231 to accommodate CR7 and he was fairly poor there. So my plan is to move him back up front and pair him with an Icon ST. Playing Neymar in the CAM role and he is amazing.

Interesting don't hear many people talking about Zola. I'll take a look at him.

That point against Cantona and the servers is actually a really good point that I never would have thought about. I felt that was part of the problem with CR7, so I guess the smaller more agile players help to mitigate the lack of responsiveness.

Personally I use skill moves very sparingly, most of the time I am able to open up my opponents with LB/RB dribbling and passing.

clutched last game for 23-7 game felt like an absolute nightmare all week, passing is the worst its ever been, and they done something to defenders while trying to patch ai blocks and failing i think, tackling literally doesnt work anymore lol

Up front when I previously had him paired with Ben Yedder he was lethal. But I moved him out wide right in a 4231 to accommodate CR7 and he was fairly poor there. So my plan is to move him back up front and pair him with an Icon ST. Playing Neymar in the CAM role and he is amazing.

Interesting don't hear many people talking about Zola. I'll take a look at him.

That point against Cantona and the servers is actually a really good point that I never would have thought about. I felt that was part of the problem with CR7, so I guess the smaller more agile players help to mitigate the lack of responsiveness.

Personally I use skill moves very sparingly, most of the time I am able to open up my opponents with LB/RB dribbling and passing.

It makes sense to drop CR7 then and keep Mbappe?
    Post your team up here.

Over the last few months I must have played to Elite 1 in Squad Battles 4 or 5 times.

Andy Robertson was my best pull from same. A great pull for me in week 1 but not someone that would blow you away.

Anyway, I gave up on Squad Battles over the last few weeks due to time restrictions but this week I played it to get the Silver Beasts objectives done. It took 5 games and I ended up ranked Silver 2 or maybe Silver 1, definitely no higher.

Just packed Team of the Group Stage Alejandro Gomez from the above! :pac:

I don’t know how I’ll fit him in but his card looks absolutely amazing.

I’ve looked into it as I run a PL team with Moura’s base card in my starting line-up, but just can’t justify it.

The SBC is around 240k and the upgrade is extremely minimal.

You look at someone like Alessandrini who plays the same position, has French links and is a better card on almost every single stat and he was less than half that price.

The Lucas card also won’t upgrade if Spurs progress through the tournament which is the one thing that would have made it worth doing to me.

It’s a no for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

what? the lucas card wont upgrade, I thought it was a rttf card and was the reason I did it. very annoyed now with myself for not checking it out properly before doing it.

At least he is working out as a great supersub

seamie78 wrote: »
    what? the lucas card wont upgrade, I thought it was a rttf card and was the reason I did it. very annoyed now with myself for not checking it out properly before doing it.

At least he is working out as a great supersub

Unfortunately he’s a TOTT/TOTGS card and not an RTTF card so won’t upgrade.

His base card has been excellent for me so I’m sure you’ll enjoy using him anyway. :)

I start his base card and sub Alessandrini on after about 60 minutes and it’s working out pretty well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Unfortunately he’s a TOTT/TOTGS card and not an RTTF card so won’t upgrade.

His base card has been excellent for me so I’m sure you’ll enjoy using him anyway. :)

I start his base card and sub Alessandrini on after about 60 minutes and it’s working out pretty well.

Oh thank god you've pointed that out to me now :D:D i was going to do it later but won't be touching it now

The Ox SBC card is now the most disliked card on Futbin

• Advertisement

I just bought a fresh CR7. Going to build a team around him and Joao Felix.

Just upgraded to the series x version and it’s no big deal really.
    What is crap though is I’m in div 4 and getting matched with div2 players for rivals. Back to the old version for me.
    Fifa is nonsensical enough without that crap.

That Ox card is supposed to be excellent at box to box. A bit overpriced but in general reviews are that that Ox card is pretty good.

Thanks mate. There’s not a chance I’ll spend that much on him though although I do agree the card looks nice for that role.

De Bruyne is so cheap now that I might give him a shot. Other than that Pogba or Wijnaldum look the only other real options.

Maybe the grass isn’t greener and Allan will be the best option in the end!

Just upgraded to the series x version and it’s no big deal really.
    What is crap though is I’m in div 4 and getting matched with div2 players for rivals. Back to the old version for me.
    Fifa is nonsensical enough without that crap.

Honestly tempted by that too... next gen version just hasn’t clicked with me at all and I’m down to low 1300s from 1590 on Friday.

Seeing the estimates online that POTM Bruno will be round 800k - 1m, and realizing there’s no chance I’m splashing that on an untradeable. Probably doesn’t help I’ve no fodder since I’ve not played for a bit but waaaay too much.

Upside, I do see Mbappe is down under the million now.

Seeing the estimates online that POTM Bruno will be round 800k - 1m, and realizing there’s no chance I’m splashing that on an untradeable. Probably doesn’t help I’ve no fodder since I’ve not played for a bit but waaaay too much.

Upside, I do see Mbappe is down under the million now.

His live card is going for about 900k and that would be tradeable.

• Advertisement

It makes sense to drop CR7 then and keep Mbappe?
    Post your team up here.

To me yes, Mbappe just felt like he contributes more, plus Chem wise he is an easier fit and brings Neymar into the team. While CR7 forced Figo into the team (who was very underwhelming).

This is the current team, I rotate, Gomez/Van Dijk and Sanches/Kante at the moment as I have yet to decide on who I prefer. Obviously in game i don't run that formation. Swapping between 4222 and 4231.

gFjlalf.jpg

I just bought a fresh CR7. Going to build a team around him and Joao Felix.

Hope that he works out better for you. I found he was great 50% of the time and other times he was too sluggish with his dribbling and felt far slower then his pace would suggest. Some games he would make incredible runs and other times would become a statue. What sealed it for me was that I realised that I was never worried when I played against him, he never caused a problem for my defence in any game. I think Joao Felix will outshine him for you.

I was all set to buy Mbappe as soon as he dropped under a million, but IF Rashford has been so good for me since I bought him that I don’t think I’ll bother changing.

Has anyone used both and found much of a difference?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

The team of the group stage cards aren't live.

I was all set to buy Mbappe as soon as he dropped under a million, but IF Rashford has been so good for me since I bought him that I don’t think I’ll bother changing.

Has anyone used both and found much of a difference?

Frakkin Rashfird even his base card is so op.
    I dread him more than Mbappe or CR7

v3ttel wrote: »
    The team of the group stage cards aren't live.

Yeah, was going to say.
    The messaging between the RTTF and TOTGS cards is awful. Colour scheme and tying both to the same competition seems to make people think the latest batch are live, when they aren't.

On the larger point though. As it stands, we've got....

Base 87 Bruno - 95k
    88 IF - 355k
    89 SIF - 555k
    90 TOTGS - 825k. (and will probably keep dropping a bit longer)

If he gets a POTM, it's going to be round the 1m mark for a 91 rated card.

But with three special cards already, and the absolute promise of many more (he'll get at least a TIF and TOTS, and I'd wonder if they might sneak him into TOTY as well), there is simply too many tradeable options to justify 1m coins on a POTM. At least, in my opinion.

If he gets more specials, even just the POTM, his 89 will probably drop another 100k. Would it be worth paying an additional 600k for an untradeable card with a few +1 or +2 stats boosts? Not really sure I could personally justify it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement