Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Sorry in advance but got the 5 tokens and did the 25x83+ pack :D:D:D

OiyBXCv.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Sorry in advance but got the 5 tokens and did the 25x83+ pack :D:D:D

OiyBXCv.jpg

I was thinking it’s a bit meh but then spotted him 3 cards in :)

Blazer wrote: »
    I was thinking it’s a bit meh but then spotted him 3 cards in :)

Absolute rollercoaster, Sane was the walkout but I didn't realise he was a Freeze card and thought I was getting Mane :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

The gameplay is so bad tonight - it feels like everything is out of sync when there is delay. I literally had to press pause 8 times before it would register. When passing the ball the bar will pop up but the player won't bother passing it. Trying to shoot first time but the player takes an extra touch allowing the keeper to come out or the defender to come back.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I legit don't believe you anymore, Osmosis....

Felt bad to finally let Torres go but no room for him with this untradeable duo up top, so here's the new team, still about 1.5m to spare but nothing interests me atm

KREwMfW.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

For anyone that doesn’t know, you can do the loan Marquinhos for 1 gold and 4 silvers and can use him in swaps. Will be a very useful card for first owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

For anyone that doesn’t know, you can do the loan Marquinhos for 1 gold and 4 silvers and can use him in swaps. Will be a very useful card for first owner.

I did his SBC as he gives me a full link to Neymar and when I get Vidic will allow me to hybrid out of the Premier League.

Seems very good as a stay back CDM in the few games I’ve used him, but CB with a shadow or anchor would probably be the best use of him.

Funnily enough the Koeman icon would be ideal alongside him as you could start Marquinhos CDM and Koeman CB and then swap them in-game.

BrentMused wrote: »
    I did his SBC as he gives me a full link to Neymar and when I get Vidic will allow me to hybrid out of the Premier League.

Seems very good as a stay back CDM in the few games I’ve used him, but CB with a shadow or anchor would probably be the best use of him.

Funnily enough the Koeman icon would be ideal alongside him as you could start Marquinhos CDM and Koeman CB and then swap them in-game.

Yeah I had him as a LCB and he was quality.. very quick and agile and won every corner.

Also, anyone else getting kicked off FUT after a game in friendlies? Just had 3 wins in a row and I’ve been kicked off and no progress counted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

BrentMused wrote: »

Marquinhos' passing is great though so he's fine as a CDM in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

v3ttel wrote: »
    The gameplay is so bad tonight - it feels like everything is out of sync when there is delay. I literally had to press pause 8 times before it would register. When passing the ball the bar will pop up but the player won't bother passing it. Trying to shoot first time but the player takes an extra touch allowing the keeper to come out or the defender to come back.

Played half my WL games and had to stop. I am 100% sure this is due to the twitch event streaming. The same thing happened the last time they did this, obviously allocating their resources to ensure the best looking experience on stream.

Won 9 of 15 games so far, really annoyed as I felt I had a great chance to improve my past performance. I lost to a guy who between his CDM and CBs finished with 5 successful tackles out of 30, but I could never capitalise because of the lag. Its inexcusable given the money that they make off this game every year that they can't deliver a smooth online experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Hogey, I'm sorry, I'm leaving ye all alone. I bought it, twenty eight quid, I can do that lol.

1.4m coins from trading before they **** access down, blank canvas ...... What do I do folks?

Liamalone wrote: »
    Hogey, I'm sorry, I'm leaving ye all alone. I bought it, twenty eight quid, I can do that lol.

1.4m coins from trading before they **** access down, blank canvas ...... What do I do folks?

Build a cheap Meta team before you play your placement games and that should earn another 100-200k coins. Use that to upgrade your team and save the rest for TOTY.

Plenty of good players on the market for peanuts right now, but with TOTY about to drop in a few weeks, I wouldn't recommend buying expensive cards as their value will drop. Try earning the untradeable objective players, Bolasie for example is actually pretty good right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Parawind wrote: »
    Played half my WL games and had to stop. I am 100% sure this is due to the twitch event streaming. The same thing happened the last time they did this, obviously allocating their resources to ensure the best looking experience on stream.

Won 9 of 15 games so far, really annoyed as I felt I had a great chance to improve my past performance. I lost to a guy who between his CDM and CBs finished with 5 successful tackles out of 30, but I could never capitalise because of the lag. Its inexcusable given the money that they make off this game every year that they can't deliver a smooth online experience.

Some games were unplayable, it really was a joke.

Think I'm about ready to never play this game again :o 9-2 atm, was having my best weekend of the year but this knocked the wind out of my sails.

SCKhsHe.jpg

EhOCYse.jpg

• Advertisement

Build a cheap Meta team before you play your placement games and that should earn another 100-200k coins. Use that to upgrade your team and save the rest for TOTY.

Plenty of good players on the market for peanuts right now, but with TOTY about to drop in a few weeks, I wouldn't recommend buying expensive cards as their value will drop. Try earning the untradeable objective players, Bolasie for example is actually pretty good right now.

Apologies, already dipped my toe with the 10hr trial thingy, from there I collected a few coins.

On that, had a couple of months off from the game, dipped the other toe this morning and played a game. Then tonight ...... I splurged out, drunkenly might I add, on those 100k packs, how do I rue that decision. I bought twenty two of them (4), and got buffer all.

So as I was trying to say, ah ha ha ah wig a wig wig, returning player pack luck is a miff (myth), 4 x Jumbo Rare girls pack got me an Oblak.

Goodnight folks, add me as per :)

Addendum: I'm on Xbox One X but bought a new Series X joypad, feels better. I've only broken about 40 One X pads so I think ello purtys n gravy.

Thanks for listening, I didn't tell ye about the new TV did I ..,......

Try earning the untradeable objective players, Bolasie for example is actually pretty good right now.

Dipped me toe there, seems handy enough bar the 15 game bit. Everton fan so got drawn to him lol. Down the line? I don't know where to start my squad. Playing with what I've packed doing a few objectives. Thanks

What League is best value I suppose I'm asking lol arse

Edit: drafts it is

Ack, sure, tis only a game :)

Edit: just played three games with the inactivity banner across ma facebox, not nice.

Liamalone wrote: »
    Ack, sure, tis only a game :)

Edit: just played three games with the inactivity banner across ma facebox, not nice.

I wonder will Liam wake up not remembering he brought FIFA :)

• Advertisement

Did that Immobile SBC for kicks.
    Came up against him yesterday in WL and the guy using him was damn good.
    Immobile dancing and dribbling his way through my defence of Kante, Ramos and Varane and there's me screaming at my tv " Its Immobile you ****in twats...stop him ffs, you stupid **** Varane, hack him down Ramos...ffs its Immobile ffs he can't dribble and ye'all making him look like Messi ffs.....you ****in assholes....

Its times like this I wish I was doing rage videos on youtube and I could afford to smash my tv and have the subs pay for it.

Think I'm about ready to never play this game again :o 9-2 atm, was having my best weekend of the year but this knocked the wind out of my sails.

Who was that chap we used to have on here who would say it was your own fault ... 76% accuracy in shooting..should be ashamed of yourself lol :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

What do people think is best value for using icon swaps?

AdamD wrote: »
    What do people think is best value for using icon swaps?

I like the base icon pick but it could backfire badly.
    Koeman is a great card to use him in midfield so very tempted by him.

I wonder will Liam wake up not remembering he brought FIFA :)

Don't tell me I bought FIFA 18 again???? :(

Hasn't realized Marquinhos was so cheap at 135k and he's getting really excellent reviews.
    If I ever sell Puskas for Neymar and Mbappe , he's waiting in the wings to give them full chem :)

PSA: Don't play Weekend league now.

Just played out 5 straight defeats against shockingly bad players. The delay is the worst I have ever seen.

Pinned my opponents into their box for the whole game but there is no way to create space to shoot with that much lag and drop back.

I hate how EA handles lag in game now, where there is clearly some type of AI compensation and they kind of disguise the lag. To the point where I am questioning my own sanity.

crap ..I was just taking a break from work and said I'd get 2 more games in.
    Ah well dayz it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Got Silver 1 with 4 games left, was going to pop on this evening to see if I can make a hail mary shot for gold 3. Happy enough for the first WL of the year, started 2-8 so decent recovery after that :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Who was that chap we used to have on here who would say it was your own fault ... 76% accuracy in shooting..should be ashamed of yourself lol :D

This the same guy that used to call us sh1t because we didn't finish above gold one, or say if he was as bad as us he wouldn't play the game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

jayo26 wrote: »
    This the same guy that used to call us sh1t because we didn't finish above gold one, or say if he was as bad as us he wouldn't play the game?

RossieMan haha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Shanee.

PSA: Don't play Weekend league now.

Just played out 5 straight defeats against shockingly bad players. The delay is the worst I have ever seen.

Pinned my opponents into their box for the whole game but there is no way to create space to shoot with that much lag and drop back.

I hate how EA handles lag in game now, where there is clearly some type of AI compensation and they kind of disguise the lag. To the point where I am questioning my own sanity.

I thought it was just me. I was ready to throw the control out the window :confused:

Shanee. wrote: »
    I thought it was just me. I was ready to throw the control out the window :confused:

I was 13-2, went on last night and lost 9 in a row. Would have quit but had to get most of the games done last night. Never seen it as bad.

Still managed to grab G2 at least.

I'm at 7-2 but zero interest in it.
    I only want the stupid red pick just for the upgrade pack so no incentive to get to 11 and there's no way I want to be playing to 14 so the one will do me for this weekend.
    Probably be the best totw guaranteed then knowing my luck and being restricted to 84 max.

RossieMan haha.

No dont think it was??? Was it?

jayo26 wrote: »
    No dont think it was??? Was it?

yeah it was lol :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Game mad buggy for anyone today? Had 2 games where I went 1-0 up in friendlies, other guy quits then it says I had a DNF...

Now in another one where I'm 1-0 up, guy is quitting but I'm stuck in some infinite pause screen..

yeah it was lol :D

It was i just had look at fifa 19 thread hahahaha
    Where's rossie gone?

he was around for fifa 20 I think and you know :D

he was around for fifa 20 I think and you know :D

I dont know thata why i asked haha. Pm me hun :p

• Advertisement

Is anyone else saving packs for TOTY? Gonna start now. I'm very likely not to pack anything worthwhile but I always open rewards immediately, it'll be nice to have a decent stockpile to open all at once for a change :D

The new SBC is such a weird choice, we've already had an SBC this year for a Leverkusen RM and the last one was actually a better card too! Why couldn't they just make him a CAM :p

mVhsmr4.png

yeah its completely pointless that one especially with Sancho at RW.
    They could have done Reus at LW or even better Alaba at LB.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

That EA stream is on twitch for those who missed it yesterday.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Reducing the SBC count from 3 a day to 1 a day has been so disappointing :(

Lads, Mid Cantona is 2m. Do ye reckon he'll drop much over the next few weeks? Or is that his floor for a while.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Reducing the SBC count from 3 a day to 1 a day has been so disappointing :(

Lads, Mid Cantona is 2m. Do ye reckon he'll drop much over the next few weeks? Or is that his floor for a while.

Think he down about 200k

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

11-4 so far. 6 games went to extra time. Winning the 50/50 games but then losing or being brought to extra time in games where I have 15+ shots, 65% possession, but concede to nearly every shot the opponent takes. My keeper has saved one shot in three games.

Jamaican silvers/golds selling well atm as the loan Bailey required them. They’re about 3-4k on PS5.

Just had another FUT Champs game against a player using a red ball, I literally cannot see it. Incredible that they haven't fixed this yet despite a lot of people complaining, horrible inaccessibility.

v3ttel wrote: »
    11-4 so far. 6 games went to extra time. Winning the 50/50 games but then losing or being brought to extra time in games where I have 15+ shots, 65% possession, but concede to nearly every shot the opponent takes. My keeper has saved one shot in three games.

Yeah thats what I was experiencing. There is horrible delay this weekend and if you are the type of player who actually attacks and tries to play the game rather then sit deep and let the AI defend and counter you get screwed.

I found all my players felt slower then my opponents players and eventually I would get caught with 1 through ball and never get close to catching the attacker. They could then blast a power shot from a silly angle and score.

Grinded my way to Gold 3 and stopped playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Finished on 20 wins. Too many games this weekend with grinding the Swaps. The golden goal approach to those games really messed up my defending when I switched back to Champs. Might focus on grinding Rivals this week to see if I can beat 20 wins next weekend.

• Advertisement
Advertisement