Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

Squad Battles always feel like a chore there is very little enjoyment, think I wont bother just want the packs anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

hots wrote: »
    I just find the SB ones to be so same-y, no matter the difficulty really. The only offline mode I find fun occasionally is career mode and that's more around building a team.

Right, but do you want the fun of grinding swaps in division rivals, or fut champions perhaps?

It is painful, but can be done. Score 3 or 4, put the controller down and finish it any time you want. Or let the game run...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

finished on 21, its funny cos i feel thats the best ive played out of any weekend so far this year, would of had the 23 if it wasnt for the 2 guys quitting one when when i get a pen and we are drawing and another quits after 15 mins. gameplay was so inconsistent all weekend it felt like, in my favour and opponents, but either way the games i lost boiled down to me not creating enough better scoring oppurtunities v guys who are defense/counter minded so need to improve at that this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

wonski wrote: »
    Right, but do you want the fun of grinding swaps in division rivals, or fut champions perhaps?

It is painful, but can be done. Score 3 or 4, put the controller down and finish it any time you want. Or let the game run...

oh god no, they've nailed it sticking it in friendlies this time! I wouldn't really have an issue if they added in extra rules to stop it being a quick grind either, I just like the idea of being able to do them all online vs offline.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

oh and potm bruno is absolutely fantastic aswel, if you can do him with fodder and as little coins as poss id do it, he might not get a toty and even if he does most likely most wont be able to afford so if you can afford to do the potm id say go and do it .

• Advertisement

chips1234 wrote: »
    oh and potm bruno is absolutely fantastic aswel, if you can do him with fodder and as little coins as poss id do it, he might not get a toty and even if he does most likely most wont be able to afford so if you can afford to do the potm id say go and do it .

I would say him, mbappe and for some reason plain Werner caused me most hassle. That bruno seems to just walk through at will.

I think the objectives in friendlies has been a fantastic addition, maybe the squad battles can go now

seamie78 wrote: »
    I think the objectives in friendlies has been a fantastic addition, maybe the squad battles can go now

Fantastic because they made it easy.

As soon as additional requirement like win by two goals or something similar will be added to the objectives we will cry for squad battles.

Just saying ;)

I disagree, there is a lot more enjoyment playing another player than playing squad battles regardless of level of difficutly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I disagree, there is a lot more enjoyment playing another player than playing squad battles regardless of level of difficutly

squad battles is the ultimate insomnia cure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

A few idea of small stuff that would be cool to add in....

In FUT champions, show the record of your opponent in the current weekend, what division they are in in Div Rivals and their skill rating.

For SBCs, maybe have 3 or 5 tokens that allow you to do expired player SBCs throughout the year. That RTTF Herrera has expired and it's only now I realised he would fit perfectly in my team - no chance of getting him again. Same with Bamba, he's expiring in a few days but I know I won't be able to grab him before then. Hadn't any interest in him before I got the untradeable Mbappe but now he fits perfectly.

The ability to be able to turn on pops for notifications towards objectives. Sometimes I find myself saying "does that count as X" or "how many did I need" during a game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

v3ttel wrote: »
    A few idea of small stuff that would be cool to add in....

In FUT champions, show the record of your opponent in the current weekend, what division they are in in Div Rivals and their skill rating.

For SBCs, maybe have 3 or 5 tokens that allow you to do expired player SBCs throughout the year. That RTTF Herrera has expired and it's only now I realised he would fit perfectly in my team - no chance of getting him again. Same with Bamba, he's expiring in a few days but I know I won't be able to grab him before then. Hadn't any interest in him before I got the untradeable Mbappe but now he fits perfectly.

The ability to be able to turn on pops for notifications towards objectives. Sometimes I find myself saying "does that count as X" or "how many did I need" during a game

Really like the idea for FUT Champs, even if it was only after the match it got displayed to you.

Also maybe I am being really dumb but is there actually no way to see your recent form anymore in FUT? Like your last 10 or 5 games W/L/D and scorelines.

I agree with you, but as soon as swaps are introduced into competitive mode the fun stops there.

Packed Gattuso. Base Gattuso.

Could have been worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Took me nearly two hours to do the Seria A one. Came up against 3 people who didn't quit when I went 1 up. I'll try to finish the rest tomorrow night.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Last two games I’ve took the lead and they quit, I’ve been kicked out to the main menu and told I disconnected.

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Last two games I’ve took the lead and they quit, I’ve been kicked out to the main menu and told I disconnected.

happened to me last night, there's a limit seemingly to how many games you can be with a disconnect, reddit reckoned a 12 hour reset period

happened to me last night, there's a limit seemingly to how many games you can be with a disconnect, reddit reckoned a 12 hour reset period

Restarted and all good now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Happened to me too... left it for 20 mins and it fixed itself.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

2 Bundesliga games left and thats all the only ones done.

The French ones took the longest; for some reason, despite running Mbappe and Ben Yedar up front, I seemed to be struggling a bit. But blitzed through the rest easily.

Only two people refused to quit out on me; first guy left once I put a second past him. Other guy was running a full Liverpool stadium set up, drop deep, trying to hit counter attacks. Won 5-0.

By and large, even ignoring the First Goal Wins stuff, it's nice that I barely came up against any "meta" nonsense. It wasn't just FGW, but everyone going all out to make sure said goal happened inside 60 seconds, one way or the other :P

Me: I'm done with the player pick upgrades, they aren't worth it.

EA: How about 80+ rated player picks?

Me: haha, sbc goes burrrrrrr

• Advertisement

Finished the swaps, loving the golden goal mentality.

Base icon..... out pops Stoichkov. Could’ve been worse, has anyone used him?

Urggh those ultimate packs are awful.
    Even worse is you get the freeze emblem along the walls and those stupid connebol players comes out.
    Waste of 2 swap tokens.
    Ah well next up 25 x 83+ and the base icon pack for next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Eventually got my token from the last Twitch stream, so hopefully you’ll get yours soon, Calvin.

Nothing for watching Saturdays one yet, but based on the above it will take a week or more to arrive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

The nephew did the 25 packs...

received-2822009891406975.png

Not every one is lucky

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Me: I'm done with the player pick upgrades, they aren't worth it.

EA: How about 80+ rated player picks?

Me: haha, sbc goes burrrrrrr

Did 3, Maherez, rafa, mendy from madrid.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Did 3, Maherez, rafa, mendy from madrid.

Busquets
    Naingollan
    Lucas Lieva

Nothing massively usable yet, but way, way better fodder than what I put in.

BrentMused wrote: »
    Eventually got my token from the last Twitch stream, so hopefully you’ll get yours soon, Calvin.

Nothing for watching Saturdays one yet, but based on the above it will take a week or more to arrive.

Yup, I got it there this evening. The Korean guy so I think that was from last week. Thanks for the heads up!

Busquets
    Naingollan
    Lucas Lieva

Nothing massively usable yet, but way, way better fodder than what I put in.

Yeah maybe handy for sbc...

Do sbc to get cards to do more sbc to get cards as useful as what we staryed with...

We got this sorted.

Yup, I got it there this evening. The Korean guy so I think that was from last week. Thanks for the heads up!

Still no sign of mine :(

• Advertisement

jayo26 wrote: »
    Yeah maybe handy for sbc...

Do sbc to get cards to do more sbc to get cards as useful as what we staryed with...

We got this sorted.

Well, my end goal is Bruno so I'd hope he's somewhat useful :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,931 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Base Icon SBC finally pays out on the 4th time of asking

gmll0Jm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭dwainec

What's the best way for someone starting out to build up coins or packs without buying? Appreciate any help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,931 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

dwainec wrote: »
    What's the best way for someone starting out to build up coins or packs without buying? Appreciate any help

Do all the SBCs in the Advanced Tab, they're basically guaranteed profit, and then aside from that just playing Rivals and FUT Champs can make you a tonne of coins on their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭dwainec

Do all the SBCs in the Advanced Tab, they're basically guaranteed profit, and then aside from that just playing Rivals and FUT Champs can make you a tonne of coins on their own.

Sorry what are SBCs? Do I need anything specific to do them?

Well, my end goal is Bruno so I'd hope he's somewhat useful :pac:

Ive used a his cards up to 89 and he just, heeps getting better and better. Ive nowhere for him now with zidane on my team so had to say goodbye as zidane is just another level.

• Advertisement

Reports are we’re getting CB Wan-Bisska tomorrow, same person who reported Gaya for today.

This is the kind of stuff I’m coming up against in rivals... he wasn’t even any good either, just sat back and countered with Werner/Lozano..

05-C18-AC4-CB66-4368-BFCB-5-C983-D28-E24-E.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Reports are we’re getting CB Wan-Bisska tomorrow, same person who reported Gaya for today.

Really hope this isn't true, facing drop back with walker and gomez is bad enough, but every game we'll be facing this 5 at the back with full chem. :(

Telles, Wan-Bissaka, Gomez, Walker, Semedo

The free Beckham is now available IG - located as a pack in the store tab.

I've just played the same guy 4 times in a row in friendlies. Boltaa or similar, matchmaking is strange on the new consoles

• Advertisement

Has anyone done the 83+ pack for swaps? They seem to have savage drop rates but I don't know is that just people don't post bad packs or if it's legit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

Has anyone done the 83+ pack for swaps? They seem to have savage drop rates but I don't know is that just people don't post bad packs or if it's legit

Mine was full of high rated fodder, no one I'd actually use, but got Felix SBC done from it which it what I actually wanted.

I've just played the same guy 4 times in a row in friendlies. Boltaa or similar, matchmaking is strange on the new consoles

Same happened to me at the weekend. Played the same guy 4 times in a row in the Icon Swaps friendlies. I went 1-0 up each time within 5-10 minutes of game time and he quit each time.

That was 4 of the 6 Icon Swaps Serie A games done within 10 minutes! :pac:

Did mine yesterday it was very worthwhile but others do it too and wasnt so good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Been saving up coins for ages and now tempted to splash on 1 big player. Have 1.1m coins to spend so not sure how to go about it

My main untradeables are:

GK: Nothing of note, they're cheap anyway, currently using Courtois
    CB: Varane, Ramos, Kriniar, De Ligt, Baumgartl, Opara, Long, - Varane the only must use here
    LB: Telles, few others but LBs are cheap so not important
    RB: Walker, 85 Bellerin, Atal, Wan Bissaka

CM: 82 Gravenberch, Wijnaldum, Rodri, Fred, Bruno Fernandes, Allan, 82 Tello,
    CAM: 88 Gomez, 86 Correa, 86 Mollet,

LW: Rashford, 86 Deulefeu,
    RW: Sancho, Beckham, 85 Lozano, Lucas Moura, 84 Van Berghen, 83 Rodrygo

ST: Lewandowski, IF Zaha, 84 Calvert-Lewin, Ben Yedder, Martial

Varane & Rashford are the two main ones that have to be kept. I could afford Neymar & Marquinhos (for free) but that would mean Rashford RM @ 7 chem? Would an Icon Striker or CAM be a better bet?

Usually use 442 flat. Also would love to somehow get Van Berghen into the starting 11 but seems very difficult at the moment as I currently use Zaha at ST swapping with Rashford and he links to absolutely nobody, Icon could solve that?

Also the option of trying to get Mbappe who is quite close to 1.1m coins and sticking him up front

I wouldn't worry about Rashford on 7 chem.
    Far better having him than say Kane on 10 chem etc.
    Rashford is ridiculously good this year and I dread seeing him.

Went for Vidic from the Icon Swaps.

I needed a CB to replace Ake (who in fairness I've found to be as good as van Dijk) and he allows me to hybrid out of the Premier League a bit - e.g. I can replace Robertson with Ferland Mendy, and can start Freeze Marquinhos who offers a green link to Neymar, who I can now also start rather than bringing off the bench at kick-off. It just made the most sense for my team right now rather than holding off for Koeman or rolling the dice with the packs.

I saw mixed reviews for him but I've given him a spin and I have to say he's very solid.

The most common negative seems to be in regards to his pace but with a shadow his acceleration is 85, sprint speed 89, with defensive and physical stats almost maxed out. That is more than fine IMO and players such as Varane even get outpaced by the top forwards too. Agility and balance is 70 and 74 respectively, great stats for a CB. I don't really worry about passing for a CB. Sure, it's nice to have, but when I win the ball with my CB I pass it very short so it doesn't really impact me too much although I appreciate this could be an issue for others.

The biggest positives for me have been his defensive positioning, he very often just pops up in the right place for an interception or block, and he also seems to be that really annoying to play against AI block machine, very similar to van Dijk in that respect.

I would argue that he's right up there alongside the meta gold CB's at the moment - Varane, Gomez, Kounde, VVD etc.

It's easy for big streamers with unlimited coins and packs to slate him as they have the pick of essentially any players in the game so are comparing him to prime icons etc. Now don't get me wrong, I wouldn't spend the 400k for him on the market but he's a steal for 7 tokens and I'd be surprised if he didn't improve most people's teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Rashford on 7 chem really doesn't make any difference. I had him and Son untradeable (so two LWs), so stuck him up front on 7 and couldn't tell the difference at all.

To get Van Bergen into the team, you could link him with Gravenberch and RTTF Promes. In a 4-4-2 they will all give each other full chem.

Same happened to me at the weekend. Played the same guy 4 times in a row in the Icon Swaps friendlies. I went 1-0 up each time within 5-10 minutes of game time and he quit each time.

That was 4 of the 6 Icon Swaps Serie A games done within 10 minutes! :pac:

I got 1 out of the 4 :o

Are there any apps/software out there that will go through your club, flag up hidden gems in terms of value, give you an overall value of what you have in your club etc?

Most importantly without putting you at risk of a ban?

I've about 1,200 players in my club now, a lot of them unusable, so I'm debating whether to just pump them into upgrades or see what I could get in total on the market.

• Advertisement
Advertisement