Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Freeze has to be one of the worst promotions ever.
    I don’t know if it’s Futmas or shapeshifters but the majority of the cards have been awful.
    Even last years futmas was miles better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,931 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Blazer wrote: »
    I don’t know if it’s Futmas or shapeshifters but the majority of the cards have been awful.

Yeah it's not even just that the cards themselves have been bad, but the fact that it's replacing what tends to be one of the best promos of the year. Last year's FUTMAS wasn't great and even then we still got all of these great cards for less than 50k each:

FQTy1lM.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Some of the choices/requirements have just been bizarre... I’d say the nice SBC requirements fella was sacked from EA.

Also we got a THIRD RTTF team coming up on Friday, can't think of a worse time for this promo. A bunch of players with +1 Upgrades who won't get further upgrades until European football resumes at the end of February.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Team A or B lads??

I know you’re all going to say B, I’d have to buy MBappe for that team.

A
    042-D5194-7380-43-A0-A1-BA-3193-D45-CACCE.jpg

B
    BF2-B8-A52-6-BD7-42-DC-A6-BA-DD952-DAE137-E.jpg

• Advertisement

Just had to quit another game because I couldn't see my opponent's brown ball. Players have been complaining about this since day one and nothing has been done, this isn't some subjectives "ohh the SBCs could be better" complaint either, it's literally "this game is inaccessible to colourblind players."

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Chaoticawk

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Team A or B lads??

A
    042-D5194-7380-43-A0-A1-BA-3193-D45-CACCE.jpg

B
    BF2-B8-A52-6-BD7-42-DC-A6-BA-DD952-DAE137-E.jpg

A pal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Looking for advice lads, i have 5 icon swaps, do i keep them and go for an icon or use them on x2 ultimate packs, 85+5 pack,, or 83×25 pack?

Btw it's officially been over 3 weeks since the last Icon SBC :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

Team A or B lads??

i wouldnt choose either id do a mixture of both, kounde+ mukiele is gonna be horrible, kounde is not as good as his stats might suggest in game and mukiele just isnt a rb despite it saying it on his card. id do this and have marquinhos on stay back etc and wijnaldum on get forward. both cut passing lanes conservative interceptions and cover centre, wingers on come back on defence strikers on stay central and get in behind.

2bb1bf0fee61230e09d50add93fde365.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Looking for advice lads, i have 5 icon swaps, do i keep them and go for an icon or use them on x2 ultimate packs, 85+5 pack,, or 83×25 pack?

It's all personal preference really. I want the chance at a prime icon so I'll be going mid/prime icon pack for 15 and 3 tokens them for the 5x85

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Shanee.

83x25 is what I chose and it wasnt great at all but some people have been lucky with them

chips1234 wrote: »
    Team A or B lads??

i wouldnt choose either id do a mixture of both, kounde+ mukiele is gonna be horrible, kounde is not as good as his stats might suggest in game and mukiele just isnt a rb despite it saying it on his card. id do this and have marquinhos on stay back etc and wijnaldum on get forward. both cut passing lanes conservative interceptions and cover centre, wingers on come back on defence strikers on stay central and get in behind.

after this id go 4222, neymar mbappe strikers stoichkov salah as cams have width at 4 or 5.

after that it depends on how aggressive you want to be defensively, a low depth will have you being more passive but less susceptible to little quick 1-2s and you'll be harder to break down.

a high depth will let you manually press more( you really have to be good at right stick switching and looking at his next pass instead of where the ball is now, you have to read the game well) you'll be more open but you'll win the ball higher up the pitch and you'll hold more possession in general if you do it right, you'll score more goals but if you arent decent at defending + right stick switching and cutting the dangerous passing lanes this probably will go badly until you get good/used to it.

so:

ST: get in behind stay central

wing/cams: come back on defence

cdms: one stay back/cut passing/cons inter/cover centre, box to box: get forward/cut pass lanes/cons inter/cover centre

fulls back: stay back/cons inter/ overlap

gk: come for crosses/sweeper keeper

its attacking its fun and its high pressure all game if done right.

Think it’s time to change my defence.... Burki isn’t cutting it in goal anymore... my opponents GKs can make double digit saves and he’s there on 3 saves :pac:

don’t want to go with the meta Gomez/Varane/Pope etc. Anyone any other good GKs/defenders?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Just had to quit another game because I couldn't see my opponent's brown ball. Players have been complaining about this since day one and nothing has been done, this isn't some subjectives "ohh the SBCs could be better" complaint either, it's literally "this game is inaccessible to colourblind players."

I'm not colour blind and find that ball difficult to see on the darker green. That is an absolute farce man.

Think it’s time to change my defence.... Burki isn’t cutting it in goal anymore... my opponents GKs can make double digit saves and he’s there on 3 saves :pac:

don’t want to go with the meta Gomez/Varane/Pope etc. Anyone any other good GKs/defenders?

Well you can’t go wrong with Neuer if you’re running a bundes team. He’s way better than Burki and has an IF if you feel like splashing out.

Well you can’t go wrong with Neuer if you’re running a bundes team. He’s way better than Burki and has an IF if you feel like splashing out.

Realised I had Pope in the club so I gave in and decided to try him out... allows me to bring in Ake and Walker too which I enjoyed using for swaps. First game and Pope was a brick wall.. can see why people use him.

Not sure if someone pasted it in here from Reddit already but you can score a goal in SB including legendary/ultimate and do the following.
    Pass ball back to your keeper
    Keeper pass the ball into empty space. He will automatically follow it (do not touch controller)
    And the AI will stay back from him leaving you free to do whatever .

So i took the 83×25 pack, absolute dross, and i cant even sell any of the them, highest rated was Kimmich, i rrun a premier league team and got no PL players,

I did however get GK's Strakosha and Donnaruma for about the 1000th time, very disappointing

So i took the 83×25 pack, absolute dross, and i cant even sell any of the them, highest rated was Kimmich, i rrun a premier league team and got no PL players,

I did however get GK's Strakosha and Donnaruma for about the 1000th time, very disappointing

Crap. I’m two matches shy of my last token for it and was doing it in the next 30 mins or so.
    I’m definitely getting a pile of muck then...ah well.

• Advertisement

Crap. I’m two matches shy of my last token for it and was doing it in the next 30 mins or so.
    I’m definitely getting a pile of muck then...ah well.

Noooooooooooooooo....worst pack ever!!!!’n

9-FFA19-F4-637-B-479-E-82-C8-1-B79857-D7-D14.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Realised I had Pope in the club so I gave in and decided to try him out... allows me to bring in Ake and Walker too which I enjoyed using for swaps. First game and Pope was a brick wall.. can see why people use him.

Try gold Ederson also. He's been my keeper pretty much from day one. I've tried a few others and always gone back to him, including Pope.

Noooooooooooooooo....worst pack ever!!!!’n

9-FFA19-F4-637-B-479-E-82-C8-1-B79857-D7-D14.jpg

Ha, i got Koke, Brozovic and Tadic to, EA must be doing an sbc special deal on them

Should have done the felix potm he's a disaster to play against keeps.running through my defenders

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

Should have done the felix potm he's a disaster to play against keeps.running through my defenders

He's class. I have him up top with Mid Butra and it's a lot of fun. It's the first time this year I've been playing Rivals and having great craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

You still have plenty of time, its up til Jan 2nd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Sold Neymar last night for 886K and got IF Bamba for 68K (was going for 80K at the time, so got a nice undercut!). Most of my team is untradeable except Neymar and it seems that a lot of people expect the top tier players to crash in price due to team of the year, so I said I'd take the coins now to be safe. I lost about 400K on Neymar last year as I bought him literally days before a market crash, so don't want to get burned again. I might take a break from WL or just play until 14 again.

Would love to do that PotM Bamba, but he's too expensive, especially now that his 2IF isn't that much worse for less than 1/4 of the price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Jesus Christ I just tried a game of WL and it was some of the worst gameplay I've ever seen. Every single touch my players had went about 3-4 yards away from them and the guy I was playing against was managing to score easy goals with 1-2s between his strikers that were somehow untrackable. Horrendous to play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Excuse the quality but look at this team I came up against in Rivals.

Div 1 is fun...
    536504.JPG

• Advertisement

90 POTM Haaland - 84,85,85. Seems cheap, actually.

https://twitter.com/easportsfifa/status/1339948936912662528?s=21

90 POTM Haaland - 84,85,85. Seems cheap, actually.

https://twitter.com/easportsfifa/status/1339948936912662528?s=21

if he was free it would still be too expensive :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

When the hell did they introduce that new celebration that seems to trigger when you score a late winner, and needs you to hold the A button to skip? Even wanting to skip quickly, it takes an age. Who thought that was a good one to add?

Just won a match where i battered my opponent but only won with a goal in injury time, all they did was drop back and hoof it up the sideline to Traore or Sterling, then cross it into the striker, anyway i really wanted to celebrate into the camera but i didnt cos that animation where the defenders just fall to the ground, made the victory sweeter.

I really hate games where thats all my opponent does, im trying to break them down and i just know that the ball will randomly deflect off my player to his, so he can hoof it up the sideline, when my players are out of position, have to be so careful

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Just won a match where i battered my opponent but only won with a goal in injury time, all they did was drop back and hoof it up the sideline to Traore or Sterling, then cross it into the striker, anyway i really wanted to celebrate into the camera but i didnt cos that animation where the defenders just fall to the ground, made the victory sweeter.

I really hate games where thats all my opponent does, im trying to break them down and i just know that the ball will randomly deflect off my player to his, so he can hoof it up the sideline, when my players are out of position, have to be so careful

Drop back is an awful way to play.

Does everyone on here have Varane? I have him untradeable so I've been using him a while now. I think he's good but far from perfect like some make out. He tends to randomly bomb up the pitch a couple of times in a game as well.

Some nice icons available now around 200k, i see Riquelme who i loved back a few years ago, Raul always a favourite to.

• Advertisement

Drop back is an awful way to play.

Does everyone on here have Varane? I have him untradeable so I've been using him a while now. I think he's good but far from perfect like some make out. He tends to randomly bomb up the pitch a couple of times in a game as well.

Yeah i didnt like Varane when i used La Liga, same as, often seen running past my midfielders for no reason, Diego Carlos was far better for me

I may or may not be pissing about with that sort of pace abuse team this morning. :P

Don't really want to actually buy a team or spend big on anyone. So just stuck with a team of untradeables.
    Felix - Martial
    Fati - Valvarde - Kante - Adama
    Mendy - Varane - Kounde - Semedo
    VDS

6-5 currently. Not bad for my first week back after weeks of not playing.

Felix. Is. Insane.
    21 goals in 16 games. Just bangs them in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Excuse the quality but look at this team I came up against in Rivals.

Div 1 is fun...
    536504.JPG

Yeah, played this yesterday. Lost to a header from Pele that he had no right to get to.

image.png

I wonder will we see a Lewandowski card? I know his potm expires tomorrow and he’ll be in Toty no doubt.

v3ttel wrote: »
    Sold Neymar last night for 886K and got IF Bamba for 68K (was going for 80K at the time, so got a nice undercut!). Most of my team is untradeable except Neymar and it seems that a lot of people expect the top tier players to crash in price due to team of the year, so I said I'd take the coins now to be safe. I lost about 400K on Neymar last year as I bought him literally days before a market crash, so don't want to get burned again. I might take a break from WL or just play until 14 again.

Would love to do that PotM Bamba, but he's too expensive, especially now that his 2IF isn't that much worse for less than 1/4 of the price.

Sure Bamba is only one more IF from being the same as his POTM and it won't cost 400k.
    Lord TSC wrote: »
    When the hell did they introduce that new celebration that seems to trigger when you score a late winner, and needs you to hold the A button to skip? Even wanting to skip quickly, it takes an age. Who thought that was a good one to add?

Came out with the next gen update. It's a pain to watch especially as they do it for all goals in ET even when they got 3 goals ahead. It's over used.

• Advertisement

Thinking about getting mid kaka or prime okocha anyone used either ?

Bloody hell, I usually don’t play Friday evenings but the quality of player is insane tonight. Getting smashed repeatedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Bloody hell, I usually don’t play Friday evenings but the quality of player is insane tonight. Getting smashed repeatedly.

Played a few earlier and ended up 2-4... Tough enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Varane and pogba in rttf......nice originality there ea!

chips1234 wrote: »
    if he was free it would still be too expensive :D

I thought it was coming in at around 200k... it’s 320k :pac: I take it back. Nice card, but I won’t do it for 320k.

Also, wtf are EA doing with a CB Volland card?! That Gnabry CAM looks nice but CB Volland is a wtf.

Drew a rivals game 3-3 there, 14 shots 10 on target to 4 shots 1 on target, he had Nick Pope in goal, 9 saves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Just played a guy in WL with the following:

Prime Torres, Ronaldo, Neymar, George Best, Xavi, Kante, Mendy, Varane, Sol Campbell, Semedo, Oblak.

Goes to extra time and...he takes Ronaldinho off the bench!!

Ended up winning somehow :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Think I might do the Haaland sbc, I’m running a PL team but have the Coman tott card to link him in on the right with mendy-kante-varane behind.

Would be a decent change oprtion from mane-rashford on that side I think.

320 seems reasonable for what he is, and already have fodder for at least one of the squads so it’ll be less

I didnt qualify for WL as i didnt play for a few days, so im playing rivals and the quality of skill level is crazy along with super teams, i started in div 4 but im falling like a stone, Div.6 could be on the cards, lol

Edit: Might play some squad battles just to win a game but thats not a guarantee the way my players are playing

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Varane and pogba in rttf......nice originality there ea!

I had my MM packs and got the flares for it.
    Cue much excitement and then out walks Tadic ffs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement