Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Comments

I think Friday after school/work is the worst time for matchups to be fair I was off today so played a few games over the course of the day and went well.until about 4 when suddenly I was getting my ass handed to me

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Varane and pogba in rttf......nice originality there ea!

ffs, Pogba already had the Rulebreakers card too? So it's the second time this year he's got a non-performance based special.

I get that United cards probably get great returns for EA, but can they not vary it up? Give us a DeGea or Maguire or McT or Fred.....

(EDIT: This also ignores the strong chance Pogba might not even be with United when we play our next European game too, lol.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Made it to Div.6 and im still meeting teams 88ovr lol

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

Anyone else having an issue with the week 5 - bronze objective “Friendly Competition” ? It’s score 3 goals in friendlies but I’ve done it using the one league mode and the offline mode and none of the goals registered ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Did anyone else just get a duplicate FGS token?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

The Freeze Gnabry CAM card looks absolutely insane!

Anyone done him yet or thinking about it?

It’s an 84 rated squad plus an 86 rated squad so will probably cost around 220k.

Playing the objective mode to get Volland. Playing defenders up front, etc. I'm losing 7-0 (the guy has loan Mbappe and I've Gelson Martins and Balde at the back), he has celebrated every goal and at 7-0, as I was about to get two objectives (German goal with a defender assist), he rips me out of it from behind and he is now passing the ball around at the back, wasting both of our time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Just bought baby Nedved. Playing well as a CAM. That 5* weak foot is a handy weapon to have.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

v3ttel wrote: »
    Did anyone else just get a duplicate FGS token?

Yes, I didn't get the 2nd one but got the third one twice. WTF ea!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Jesus, just had a game where my keeper genuinely made 0 saves in 90 mins.. never seen that before. 4 shots, conceded 4. His keeper made 7 saves and it drew 4-4 :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,931 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Okay so I "foolishly" decided to throw my coins into the 100k packs in store and...

0J6FvQS.png

First Icon since getting Base Henrik Larsson in the last week of FIFA 18, so I sold him and did another Base Icon:

2zydQCo.png

Not sure how much I'm gonna use this card but it's a cool one to have considering he was only in packs for like 3 days total.

• Moderators Posts: 8,725 ✭✭✭x PyRo

lbupU5A.png

Did a second base icon after getting Cruyff first time around and somehow managed to fluke this boyo!! He is insane at finishing - all those games are Div 1 bar the fifth which was WL and he pinged 4 in extra time. :pac: My ability with him on the ball needs major work but it's a good problem to have.

deXrDqD.png

Got Neymar untradeable on Thursday - the trio of doom.

Now, if only the game itself was good....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Jesus we’re all getting icons.
    Got Pires from a 100k pack last night as well.never copped it and I was saying fffs until I saw the icon symbol.

x PyRo wrote: »
    lbupU5A.png

Did a second base icon after getting Cruyff first time around and somehow managed to fluke this boyo!! He is insane at finishing - all those games are Div 1 bar the fifth which was WL and he pinged 4 in extra time. :pac: My ability with him on the ball needs major work but it's a good problem to have.

deXrDqD.png

Got Neymar untradeable on Thursday - the trio of doom.

Now, if only the game itself was good....

Goddamn that’s some luck to get,

• Moderators Posts: 8,725 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Blazer wrote: »
    Goddamn that’s some luck to get,

I consider it well deserved after some bastard managed to - I'm presuming - trick EA chat into giving my account details out a few weeks ago and hacked me! Took my Neymar with 250 games & 400 odd goals, plus Mbappe, Varane, Kante, all the whore tradable players I had. The only plus is whoever did it didn't discard my Cruyff. :pac:

Be careful with your accounts - have as many of those verification steps on as possible. I only had one and it cost me around 3.5-4 million of coins!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,276 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Folks anyone on Xbox want a 2200 fut points code I mistakenly bought it and I am on ps5 .

Cost 16 I’ll sell it for 10 via Revolut

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,276 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Lads what’s all this playing through games to get cards with the golden goal honour system

I don’t see where I can do this ? But I’m utterly rubbish so if it’s for better players that would make sense

Cyrus wrote: »
    Lads what’s all this playing through games to get cards with the golden goal honour system

I don’t see where I can do this ? But I’m utterly rubbish so if it’s for better players that would make sense

It’s for the icon Swaps tokens.
    Go to objectives, icon tokens and you’ll see the challenges for each one.
    Hit Y to take you directly to the match menu and select one league.
    The other set of tokens are for squad battles.
    DO NOT SUBMIT THESE TOKENS INTO ANY OTHER SBC OTHER THAN ICON SWAPS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

x PyRo wrote: »
    I consider it well deserved after some bastard managed to - I'm presuming - trick EA chat into giving my account details out a few weeks ago and hacked me! Took my Neymar with 250 games & 400 odd goals, plus Mbappe, Varane, Kante, all the whore tradable players I had. The only plus is whoever did it didn't discard my Cruyff. :pac:

Be careful with your accounts - have as many of those verification steps on as possible. I only had one and it cost me around 3.5-4 million of coins!

Similar happened to be last year, took about six weeks but I got compensated in coinage. Definitely secure your EA accounts folks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Just had a weird bug. Was submitting an SBC for one of the FUT Freeze Challenges. Then when I went to play a game my entire team has been replaced by a concept team of the cards I just submitted into the SBC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Frisbee wrote: »
    Just had a weird bug. Was submitting an SBC for one of the FUT Freeze Challenges. Then when I went to play a game my entire team has been replaced by a concept team of the cards I just submitted into the SBC.

That’s actually happened to me a couple of times but only with a particular squad - in this case La Liga

Four losses on the bounce.

And it then matches me up against someone running this team...
    Neymar - Eusebio
    Ronaldo
    RB Mbappe- pele - POTM Bruno - Best
    Alberto- Gomes- Laporte
    Lloris

Bench of Messi, Beckham, KDB.

How do I get him when I’m on a four match losing streak, XD. Utterly insane squad.

Only lost 4-3 butntwo of my goals were utterly absurd own goals.

GavK wrote: »
    Anyone else having an issue with the week 5 - bronze objective “Friendly Competition” ? It’s score 3 goals in friendlies but I’ve done it using the one league mode and the offline mode and none of the goals registered ?

Yeah I’m having the issue too. Hundreds of others seem to be too based on a Twitter search.

Finally got Salah and im not impressed, have him RW in liverpool formation and tactics and he offers very little, really thinking of selling him already, anyone use him and how ye find him?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Finally got Salah and im not impressed, have him RW in liverpool formation and tactics and he offers very little, really thinking of selling him already, anyone use him and how ye find him?

I have his IF and think he’s great, his left foot finesse shots are lethal outside the box and his bridge run past players is OP. His weak foot is really his only weakness.

Mr Moon wrote: »
    I have his IF and think he’s great, his left foot finesse shots are lethal outside the box and his bridge run past players is OP. His weak foot is really his only weakness.

Yeah probably just me then, feels like hes playing on ice and cant get him near the box at all

9-13

You know what, if I can get 11 after not playing for a month, and without investing a penny properly into my team, i'll take it :P

....I'm finding it hard not to go and buy Mid Cantona now.

I want him and reckon once I get him, I'll be using him for the next six months. I don't want to see a load of coins drop off his value. But even if he drops 200k in the next few weeks, I'd probably have gotten that value out of him over Xmas anyway. And he'd be the lynchpin of my eventual "United Past & Present" team.

If I can grab him tonight at 1.9m, I'm going to.

(Which means a Cantona SBC is likely inbound very soon...)

SBC for LB Adama Traore.

A right footed left back with 2* WF and High/Low workrates.

for 200k :pac:

This promo has been such a horrific insult to Futmas.

• Advertisement

I'm seriously tempted to do the base icon sbc even though I'll get crap.
    I've 800k and while I could upgrade Puskas to his mid I think his base is good enough for me.
    Carraso and Alexandrini aren't cutting it for me or else I'm not getting the best out of Alexandrini. So I could get Best in another 200k or Nedved's mid card to replace Carrasco.
    I think LB/RB will be the next positions to upgrade unless I go the Gomez/Van Dijk/Semedo route.
    Thoughts?

Capture.jpg

Do it so I can live vicariously though you :P

SBC for LB Adama Traore.

A right footed left back with 2* WF and High/Low workrates.

Looks like they changed him to left footed and High/High

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Do it so I can live vicariously though you :P

and laugh at I get Klose or someone lol.
    Or even worse R9...that would be my biggest fear. I was so disappointed to get R94 last year as he was nowhere near the level of Ben Yedder or Neymar's tots card. Yet I have to play the lazy ****er just for appearances sake.
    I've decided against it purely for that.
    I don't really have the fodder anyway so it would be spending about 300k towards it as well. And with about 70 cards cheaper than it and about 25 cards more expensive not really worth the chance.
    But then there's the thoughts of getting an untradeable puskas and having another 1.7mill to play around with it.
    Damnit.

Trying to finish off Volland, I'm 6-2 down, the guy has celebrated every goal. Scored with Volland which is all I needed, so I dropped the controller. Come back 5 mins later and the guy is still scoring goals and celebrating every one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Exclusively played Rivals during the week (bottom end of Div 1, ~1950SR) so got plenty of practice against better players and teams. Feels like it's paying off. 9-2 so far in WL. Slaughtering a lot of teams and forcing way more rage quits (5 of the 9 wins so far were rage quits when I was >3 goals up before half time). Always very welcome in the slog of WL. We'll see how tomorrow goes.

Also switched to a more attacking 442 flat during the week and it's a lot more fun than the 4231 I was running with previously and gets more out of Mbappe.

image.png

Brought Beckham off the bench for his first 45 minutes of football for me...

fOmB1yS.gif
    Hnikslg.gif

Now that he has been changed to a left footer and has high/high work rates, that left-back Freeze Adama is great, especially assuming most people will probably be able to do him with fodder in their clubs.

He’d also be an excellent option as a CB on 7 chemistry either.

Fun card.

BrentMused wrote: »
    Now that he has been changed to a left footer and has high/high work rates, that left-back Freeze Adama is great, especially assuming most people will probably be able to do him with fodder in their clubs.

He’d also be an excellent option as a CB on 7 chemistry either.

Fun card.

Yeah way better now, gonna see what we get in the next few days and then maybe do him.

The first 3 Icon SBCs are expiring tomorrow and we've only gotten 3 more since then, SURELY we're getting more tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Yeah way better now, gonna see what we get in the next few days and then maybe do him.

The first 3 Icon SBCs are expiring tomorrow and we've only gotten 3 more since then, SURELY we're getting more tomorrow.

Stick a sentinel on him and he’s the best PL LB option by a mile.

Initial reviews seems to very positive.

I think I’ll do him myself as he’d be a big upgrade on Robertson if nothing else.

He looks ideal for your wingback formation! :)

BrentMused wrote: »
    Stick a sentinel on him and he’s the best PL LB option by a mile.

Initial reviews seems to very positive.

I think I’ll do him myself as he’d be a big upgrade on Robertson if nothing else.

He looks ideal for your wingback formation! :)

That's what I'm thinking, LB is my most needed position right now too, just gonna hold back on the off chance we get an SBC for Roberto Carlos or Ashley Young tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Was getting countered too much with my 5atb so decided to change it up and go 41212(2) which allows me to play Beckham at CAM.. lots of fun. Not winning as much but enjoying using it with Son and Jesus up top with Beckham at CAM. Also caved in and brought in Gomez... I can see now why everyone uses him. Literally unstoppable at the back.

Have about 300k sitting in the club now, too lazy to trade so I’m unsure what to do with it :pac: hopefully that Prime Torres SBC comes soon.

Am i the only one who doesnt like Traore as a LB, its absolutely a great card but he's not a LB and never will be, i dont get why EA feel the need to switch players positions just because they can

I know, i know, i am probably the only one :)

Edit: i played against him last night and my Minamino beat him every time, his defensive awarneness didnt look to good

6 games won to get me a guaranteed red pick . Doesn’t matter who I get as he’s going into the upgrade 86+ pack.
    Must look and see who I get.
    Messi definitely would be nice.

So looking at my options its pretty limited really for the 86+ red pick uprade. Only 3 players will directly slot into my first place team for a like for like swap since I already have Kante/Ramos untradeable and Griezemann can replace IF Carrasco.
    Think my best option really is a super sub like Ben Yedder or Rashford.

1st Team slot - Griezmann,Ramos, Kante,

Team can be adjusted - Mane,Son,Messi,CR7, Salah,

Subs - Pogba, Gomez, Ben Yedder, Walker, Rashford, Fernandes,CR7,Lozano, Zaha, Firmino,

Trash -Gulacsi (GK), Ederson (GK), Leno (GK), Neuer (GK), Savic , Pacheco GK, Lukaku,Muller, Depay, Werner, Parejo, , Oyarzabal, Corona, Partey, Eriksen, Lewandowski, Kane, Courtois, Suarez,
    Silva, Benzema, Gnarby, Ziyech, Hummels, Kimmich, Guerreiro, Alberto,Kroos, Vardy, Savic,Lopes GK,Aspas,
    Haaland, Digne, Sommer, Insigne, Mahrez,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Given up at 3 wins. So frustrating and not fun. Have a basic team which is fun to play with. Every game I have 15+ shots with 10+ on target and it seems like nothing will go in. Last game, Ter Stegen makes 13 saves for him and I lose 2-1 after he has 3 shots on target. Happened 6 times in a row this morning. I don't like being bitter about it but it's just not fun. If I couldn't get out of my own half I would say something but I'm dominating these games.

Rivals games I win handy in division 4 and this doesn't happen. So frustrating but I'm done for the weekend. It's a waste of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I really wish they would tweak the concept of chemistry to make it more realistic. Sure a right winger should have difficulty becoming a striker initially but a striker coming from a different league should gain chemistry with his new teammates in his new league after a certain number of matches. I guess the downside would be icons would lose their value but it really makes no sense.

I really wish they would tweak the concept of chemistry to make it more realistic. Sure a right winger should have difficulty becoming a striker initially but a striker coming from a different league should gain chemistry with his new teammates in his new league after a certain number of matches. I guess the downside would be icons would lose their value but it really makes no sense.

it would hugely drive up the price of players like Messi/CR7 etc and make them out of reach for most people if they did that.
    But you could see some really nice teams then I imagine.
    Well except for the backling of Varane, Van Dijk, Gomez, Walker, Mendy, Semedo etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Given up at 3 wins. So frustrating and not fun. Have a basic team which is fun to play with. Every game I have 15+ shots with 10+ on target and it seems like nothing will go in. Last game, Ter Stegen makes 13 saves for him and I lose 2-1 after he has 3 shots on target. Happened 6 times in a row this morning. I don't like being bitter about it but it's just not fun. If I couldn't get out of my own half I would say something but I'm dominating these games.

Rivals games I win handy in division 4 and this doesn't happen. So frustrating but I'm done for the weekend. It's a waste of time.

Sounds like you have general approach play sorted but you're likely shooting too quicky where it's likely to be blocked or saved. I've defo been there. An extra skill move, ball roll or pass in the box is often needed when teams pack out the defence or even just to get in a position to make sure the keeper can't save.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

dmigsy wrote: »
    Sounds like you have general approach play sorted but you're likely shooting too quicky where it's likely to be blocked or saved. I've defo been there. An extra skill move, ball roll or pass in the box is often needed when teams pack out the defence or even just to get in a position to make sure the keeper can't save.

Cheers, I will try something new later on, after I had won 5/6 rivals in a row Friday I thought I had it cracked. Finishing way off but it's mad! No issue finishing in rivals.

• Advertisement
Advertisement