Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,931 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

A fun, if nonsensical, chemistry tweak would be if they made all non-Top 5 Leagues link to each other, that way when a card like Record Breaker Falcao or Freeze Nani comes out we could actually build feasible teams around them without a bunch of weak links.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Want to do Traore but don’t have enough fodder and I’m trying to save packs for tots..1st world problems :/

It's a long way away still but I think the next promo I'm actually excited for is Future Stars, always some really nice cards from there, and this is the first year that I'm playing where Liverpool might get one :p (Jones being the obvious choice but Caoimhin Kelleher being the one we all really want, right ;) )

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Considering I had written off 14 wins this week when I was 9-13, all I can say is..

Oh Ah Cantona, say oh ah Cantona :P

14 wins done. He’s a proper beast, and it’s awesome having him and Felix promising at least a goal a game. He named me 6 goals and 4 assists in the eight games. He did pick up a red early in one too, but sure, what else can I expect, lol

Felix with 42 goals and 25 assists in 36 games. That’s an insane contribution for me. I never gave strikers with such a net positive contribution. He’s just amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

It's a long way away still but I think the next promo I'm actually excited for is Future Stars, always some really nice cards from there, and this is the first year that I'm playing where Liverpool might get one :p (Jones being the obvious choice but Caoimhin Kelleher being the one we all really want, right ;) )

Can’t wait for that Curtis Jones card... surely nailed on given the performances recently. 4* 4* with an already very well-rounded bronze card.

Iago wrote: »
    Want to do Traore but don’t have enough fodder and I’m trying to save packs for tots..1st world problems :/

Fcuk it, did it. 230k coins...I’ve wasted my life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

another french RM for fcuks sake.

Blazer wrote: »
    another french RM for fcuks sake.

They could have at least made it a useable one, who wants a winger with 3* Skills and WF. Had they allowed him to keep his defensive stats he'd at least be a nice option for RM in a 352.

Also the first 3 Icon SBCs have now EXPIRED and we've only seen 3 more since then.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I should’ve saved the 86+ for TOTY, got Kane.

They sold this game on the promise of Icon SBCs coming back and we've now seen 6 in total and we're 3 months in.

• Advertisement

Mr Moon wrote: »
    I should’ve saved the 86+ for TOTY, got Kane.

urgghgh worse..De Gea...****ers..

"RM at reduced Chem no longer."

Why are they talking as if FIFA 21 has been full of people forcing 79 rated Kenny Lala into their teams on 7 chem :pac:

https://twitter.com/EASPORTSFIFA/status/1340718698756239362?s=20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

urgghgh worse..De Gea...****ers..

Aubameyang from mine. Not the worst

101 Icons in the game, it's now mid December and there have been 6 Icon SBCs and 6 Icons in Swaps (of which only 1 can be claimed right now)

But hey, we got a free Beckham :pac: :pac:

Hate to be that guy but I just packed mid Carlos untradable from freeze SBC small rare players pack

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Finishing up WL with 14-2. Didn't get to play much today but really enjoyed it this weekend.

I think avoiding messing around with friendlies, squad battles and objectives during the last week has made a difference. The lazy / messing around approach to those games leaks into my WL/Rivals performances. I've been really consistent this weekend and cut out a lot of stupid goals that I usually give away and then have also been more ruthless with the chances I have.

Also started taking notes of the games I played. Goals, assists, subs / formation changes. I think that taking the time to do this between games was beneficial too. Also, reviewed replays of all goals conceded to see what I could improve in defending.

Looking at the two games I lost:
    Lost 4-3. Was 2-1 up and in control until my missus completely distracted me for the 2nd half so I'm absolving myself from blame for that one.

Lost 3-0. It was 3-0 at half time after some nice dribbling solo goals from him and then I absolutely battered him for the second half. He didn't have a shot in the second half. I finished with 19 shots and he ended on 8. Tbf he was great at moving his keeper and his Alisson ended up with a 10 rating and MOTM.

Ending with an 8 game winning streak. Wasn't raging or tempted to quit a game for the first time ever in WL and really enjoyed the games so going to keep this approach rolling for a while.

But hey, we got a free Beckham :pac: :pac:

Ah tbf the free Beckham was a nice touch. It’s not often we get free things from EA... I’m personally enjoying using him in my squad. For others, it’ll probably be fodder but still free fodder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Had to slog through my Div Rivals games and WL games today as I had fallen behind.

Went on my worst ever run in Div Rivals completely lost count of how many games I lost. It was only when I started to play my WL games that I realised it was my own fault. Div Rivals seems to have super delay at the weekend, as soon as I started playing WL everything was super responsive.

Still managed to get more points from losing a huge number of my 30 rivals games then I would have if I had just played my WL games. Which just shows how stupid that system is.

Managed to get 17 wins in WL with 5 games to spare, but I was burnt out by that point.

Getting really sick of this game tbh every person seems to play super deep (which by itself isnt that bad) but then just spam tackle. There needs to be a proper penalty for that, because it causes your players to get the ball stuck under their feet and turn like trucks. I am averaging my opponents missing 20-30 tackles in a game and most of the time fouling me but I only end up getting 2-3 free kicks in a game (usually when its a player off the ball).

• Advertisement

Right so I done an experiment today. I was 10-10 going into WL today and decided to switch back to play the last ten games on the PS4. I ended up 18-12.

From struggling so much the last few weeks to get G3 on the PS5, ending 14-14 to easily getting G2 today. It just proved to me I’m not going backwards with my game and it really is tougher with the smaller pool of players on PS5.

I did switch up the team a little, I really missed Felix and bringing him on at half time to save me a good few times proved I need to switch the team up a little. I posted a team A or B the other day and I went for the Mbappe team minus MBappe and using Ben Yeddar instead. Then had the team with Felix and Beckham for today.
    050-E72-BF-5-F0-E-418-F-A5-A0-1-D1-E4822-CBE2.jpg

Ah tbf the free Beckham was a nice touch. It’s not often we get free things from EA... I’m personally enjoying using him in my squad. For others, it’ll probably be fodder but still free fodder.

Here’s Beckham doing what’s Beckham does.
    -wX3WaEye1qEyNhf.mp4?tag=10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Just completed the Felix SBC... Cant wait to give him a go tomorrow :D

Here’s Beckham doing what’s Beckham does.
    -wX3WaEye1qEyNhf.mp4?tag=10

He’s a lot of fun to use. Moved him to a RCM in a 41212(2).. his crossing is lethal. Nearly worth keeping him in the squad for his set pieces alone too.

In my latest noob move (first season on fut remember) didn’t realise preorder packs expired so lost ky last two packa trying to hold for tots :/

Of course, I realise this a few hours after they expire rather than at any point in the full week beforehand.

Fml

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

In my latest noob move (first season on fut remember) didn’t realise preorder packs expired so lost ky last two packa trying to hold for tots :/

Of course, I realise this a few hours after they expire rather than at any point in the full week beforehand.

Fml

Take comfort in the fact that it was more then likely another Payet to discard

• Advertisement

Right so I done an experiment today. I was 10-10 going into WL today and decided to switch back to play the last ten games on the PS4. I ended up 18-12.

From struggling so much the last few weeks to get G3 on the PS5, ending 14-14 to easily getting G2 today. It just proved to me I’m not going backwards with my game and it really is tougher with the smaller pool of players on PS5.
    I'm glad you've said this. Feel like I'm losing my mind on ps5 but the standard on ps5 is definitely far tougher. It's frustrating

stephenl15 wrote: »
    I'm glad you've said this. Feel like I'm losing my mind on ps5 but the standard on ps5 is definitely far tougher. It's frustrating

Even though I've downloaded the next gen version I've never even bothered with it since its a separate startup tile and I couldn't be arsed to quick pin it.

You're missing nothing so far by staying on the vanilla version really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,276 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Folks at the lower levels (im talking skill levels in the 4/500s), whats the best way around a sweaty max press, presume passing and one-twos? or lofted through balls>

Puskas's mid is down to around the 2.2 mark.
    I just missed out on one thanks to the crock of ****e that is the web app and it went for 2.06mill. Stupid apps.

Puskas's mid is down to around the 2.2 mark.
    I just missed out on one thanks to the crock of ****e that is the web app and it went for 2.06mill. Stupid apps.

It's so strange open bidding on phone or web app. It just locks you out after making a few bids and won't let you make anymore.

• Advertisement

It's so strange open bidding on phone or web app. It just locks you out after making a few bids and won't let you make anymore.

I’ve lost so many good late nights deals because of this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Nice one, I didn't realise they expired either, still had two sitting there saved for TOTY.
    jayo26 wrote: »
    Take comfort in the fact that it was more then likely another Payet to discard

And of course my best pull from the two packs was indeed duplicate Payet.

Man, i'm doing the Silver Stars stuff for the first time in a few weeks and the attitudes on display feel so different than they used to. Used to be everyone with weird teams, everyone going mad attacking.

Now it's the usual meta, sit back stuff. Worse, every game is now a case of "Who's Che Adams can score the most goals?".

Did you see that kid beat the world record last night? I flicked onto twitch to take a look and there was 30000 people in his stream at 1am.

300-0

https://twitter.com/rblz_anders/status/1340850118988361730?s=20

Why do I still bother with Draft

WVzNMC0.jpg
    9ByfMDE.jpg
    bW18GS0.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Sold Salah, and bought De Bruyne, Sterling, Mahrez and Ederson, im going Liverpool/Man City team now instead of full on liverpool and the results in Rivals have been ridicuous, usually 4 up before HT and lads just keep quitting, will hopefully save up enough to bring Salah back at some stage

Anybody do the Traore objective, as much as i dislike hes a LB, its so tempting to do, i have Robertson so in no rush to do but i might due to that pace, and wondering on ye taughts before i do it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Neymar down 88K since I flogged him on Friday. I know with WL sell off he normally drops a bit, but this seems to be part of the market dip before TOTY. Glad I got rid when I did! Will just buy him back in a week or two and hopefully be 100K or more better off (relatively!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Anybody do the Traore objective, as much as i dislike hes a LB, its so tempting to do, i have Robertson so in no rush to do but i might due to that pace, and wondering on ye taughts before i do it

I did him the other night. Prior to that, I had been running with Robertson at LB pretty much all year so in a very similar situation to what you were in.

He’s a definite upgrade on Robertson, IMO.

If you have the fodder in your club I’d definitely do him and stick a sentinel on him.

However, Robertson is fine too so if it’s a case of you not having much fodder and having to spend around 200,000 on him then I wouldn’t bother.

BrentMused wrote: »
    I did him the other night. Prior to that, I had been running with Robertson at LB pretty much all year so in a very similar situation to what you were in.

He’s a definite upgrade on Robertson, IMO.

If you have the fodder in your club I’d definitely do him and stick a sentinel on him.

However, Robertson is fine too so if it’s a case of you not having much fodder and having to spend around 200,000 on him then I wouldn’t bother.

Cheers man, no i have the players to do it, will do it now, love Robbo but Traores pace is hard to ignore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Jota is all of us....:D

Penalty Glitch

• Advertisement

EA are currently giving streamers codes for Icons that they can hand out to their chat, meanwhile we've seen 6 Icon SBCs in the game all year :rolleyes:

So done the Traore objective and got base Lucas Leiva and TOTW Tavernier from the packs, Tavernier straight up for sale

A freeze Bundes RB when we already have RB Mukiele.
    They’re honestly just taking the piss now.

That's twice this promo where they've given us an SBC for a position on a team that already had an SBC/Objective card during Rulebreakers

eJh6FCK.png

You know I'm starting to think that once the 3 remaining Icon SBCs expire in 4 days they're just gonna remove the ICONS tab from the SBC menu and never mention it again.

Nah it's good for anyone who didn't do Mukiele. There's no other competitive right backs in Bundesliga

Nah it's good for anyone who didn't do Mukiele. There's no other competitive right backs in Bundesliga

But why make it a Leipzig player? There are 18 teams in the Bundesliga, Leipzig were the only one with a special RB card, now they've got 2.

Thiago Silva with a goal tonight :D Would love him to get another pace boost on his OTW.

5 goals in 25 for vidic since bringing him in. You might not think that’s much, but if I scored a total of 5 goals from corners in every match before that, I’d be surprised.

• Advertisement

Ooh, just seen there’s a freeze card teased - Liverpool CM, which will surely be one of Trent/Robbo?

Advertisement