Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Ooh, just seen there’s a freeze card teased - Liverpool CM, which will surely be one of Trent/Robbo?

Probably be a CM Shaqiri or Minamino for about 400k :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

BrentMused wrote: »

Was just about to post this as well :D all the freeze cards have been low rated players so far (except for gnarby) so Shaq would fit the mold

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Honestly if it was reasonable, I’d do that Shaq card. Love his futmas last year with 5* skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

ST Saint Maximan
    St Dembele
    Cb Goosens
    CDM Chielini
    Rb Alex Mereno

They are the 5 new FUT Freeze players

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Cannot get into the fut freeze stuff. I get fut and enjoy the game but this has added another element of stupidness in my opinion. A LB Adama Tramore....? At least make it a little bit real.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Cannot get into the fut freeze stuff. I get fut and enjoy the game but this has added another element of stupidness in my opinion. A LB Adama Tramore....? At least make it a little bit real.

Exactly put him in goal with 99 pace......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I could drop Puskas and go with Dembele and ASM up front for sheer pace abuse lol 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Jim Gazebo wrote: »

I agree (apart from enjoy the game) but i still went and got him and wasted alot of good players in the process, totally different to Robertson offensively, constantly overlapping sterling getting in the box looking for goals, the same when when Wijnaldum and De Bruyne break from midfield, hes doing inverted runs to join them, and on corners he is the on the front post, basically hes all over the place, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

I agree (apart from enjoy the game) but i still went and got him and wasted alot of good players in the process, totally different to Robertson offensively, constantly overlapping sterling getting in the box looking for goals, the same when when Wijnaldum and De Bruyne break from midfield, hes doing inverted runs to join them, and on corners he is the on the front post, basically hes all over the place, lol

Not sure if that’s what you want from your fullbacks, but if you’d rather him stay back just stick on “stay back while attacking” and “conservative interceptions” instructions and that will sort that :)

Not sure if that’s what you want from your fullbacks, but if you’d rather him stay back just stick on “stay back while attacking” and “conservative interceptions” instructions and that will sort that :)

Nope thats what i want, im using liverpool tactics, get forward and all that, im just saying what he does and how different to robbo he is under the same settings, the only negative for me is, why hes in the box for corners, leaves me open down the left on a break

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Considering I had written off 14 wins this week when I was 9-13, all I can say is..

Oh Ah Cantona, say oh ah Cantona :P

14 wins done. He’s a proper beast, and it’s awesome having him and Felix promising at least a goal a game. He named me 6 goals and 4 assists in the eight games. He did pick up a red early in one too, but sure, what else can I expect, lol

Felix with 42 goals and 25 assists in 36 games. That’s an insane contribution for me. I never gave strikers with such a net positive contribution. He’s just amazing.

Which Cantona did you go with? Looking at picking him up myself, baby has more pace and I've used him in friendlies, I know nothing about his mid.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

I know it was mentioned before, is there any way to get the bronze objective of scoring in friendlies, tried a few different modes no joy

Looks like the player pick SBC weight went up.
    I know you only see Kane and Tarvernier but I also got Koke, Onaka and some other 85 and I already had them in untradeables so picked the next highest rated player..

Capture.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

Blazer wrote: »
    Looks like the player pick SBC weight went up.
    I know you only see Kane and Tarvernier but I also got Koke, Onaka and some other 85 and I already had them in untradeables so picked the next highest rated player..

Capture.jpg

Which player pick is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

seamie78 wrote: »
    I know it was mentioned before, is there any way to get the bronze objective of scoring in friendlies, tried a few different modes no joy

I tried everything and I can't get it. I think it can be got by playing a friend online so if anyone on here is on Playstation 5 and wouldn't mind helping me out could they send me a message please.

CSWS101 wrote: »
    Which player pick is that?

the 80+ player pick.

ok said I'd do the base icon..halfway through it ... wish me luck!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

ok said I'd do the base icon..halfway through it ... wish me luck!!!!!!!

I'll cross my fingers for you.

Given my pack luck this year I am not brave enough to try it. I'd end up with someone completely unusable. Would rather save the coins and grind my way to get a icon that I actually want and is also tradable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,931 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

So last night EA accidentally prematurely released the 5 new Freeze players into packs.....then as a response once people found out they immediately released 50k packs in the store.......and then they removed the Freeze cards from packs again.

Got very lucky I think :)

Garrincha going for 1.2mill.
    Wasn’t overly enamoured with Alessandrini so a lovely replacement for him.

6-DFD0400-B0-A6-45-AC-9207-1-BDF177-B2-B61.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Shanee.

I was ready to throw the Xbox out the window last night. 3 games i was 2 goals up with 10 to play and I end up losing 2 and drawing 1 :mad: :mad:

On a side note SBC Felix is amazing he is so good :pac:

You lucky duck l.

Not sure what to do with regards the icon swaps rijkaard and henry seem the obvious options but tempted bybthe 89+mid icon and mid/prime icon options. Shoot for the stars and all that

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Which Cantona did you go with? Looking at picking him up myself, baby has more pace and I've used him in friendlies, I know nothing about his mid.

I got his mid. I know I'll never afford his prime so mid was next best. I don't mind the lack of pace, cause I was playing him behind strikers; I'm used to slower CAM or CF types, rocking into the box latter. Not played much with him since the weekend (focusing on friendlies today).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

the 80+ player pick.

Did 3 so far.

UCL Leiva
    Pavlenka
    Jordi Alba

Yeah, feel the weight has gone back up a bit, based on that.

My main issue is I'm running really low on common golds. I've LOADS of rare golds but lacking basic fodder, lol

EDIT: Pizzi in the 4th.

Got very lucky I think :)

Garrincha going for 1.2mill.
    Wasn’t overly enamoured with Alessandrini so a lovely replacement for him.

That's a great pull! Brazilian link and one of the only good right wingers in the game. I'd definitely be happy with that, congrats!

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Did 3 so far.

UCL Leiva
    Pavlenka
    Jordi Alba

Yeah, feel the weight has gone back up a bit, based on that.

My main issue is I'm running really low on common golds. I've LOADS of rare golds but lacking basic fodder, lol

EDIT: Pizzi in the 4th.

Buy them up from the market.. that’s what I’m doing at about 4k per SBC - found the Russian League/Liga NOS is the cheapest for it. I’m just running low on coins for TOTY :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

seamie78 wrote: »
    GavK wrote: »
    I tried everything and I can't get it. I think it can be got by playing a friend online so if anyone on here is on Playstation 5 and wouldn't mind helping me out could they send me a message please.

I think it's fixed, I got the objective done last night without trying.

If you can't do it, I'll give you a hand in friendlies.

First game of the day, red ball, instant quit.

Wait I just realised the SBC player for today is a French Striker....so that's Dembele and Saint Maximin in packs as French strikers and a THIRD French striker of the day as an SBC..

• Advertisement

Is the player recovery broken in the app?
    I only ever see one list of players if any.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Wait I just realised the SBC player for today is a French Striker....so that's Dembele and Saint Maximin in packs as French strikers and a THIRD French striker of the day as an SBC..

It's Aouar, who funnily enough I may complete and use as a CM with a sentinal to boost his defending & physical. The rest of the stats are unbelivably good and he is 4*/4*.

Definitely doing that Capa objective too.

v3ttel wrote: »
    It's Aouar, who funnily enough I may complete and use as a CM with a sentinal to boost his defending & physical. The rest of the stats are unbelivably good and he is 4*/4*.

Definitely doing that Capa objective too.

Yeah I've done Auoar too, kinda defeats the purpose of the entire promo being players getting position changes when Auoar's base card can already be converted to Striker tho :pac:

Also he trumps that League Objective Mollet in every category (-1 passing but c'mon)

joFzS2G.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

bobby moore from first icon pack i did this year, neymar in a 80+ pick made up for it today though :D

Just done the 86+ upgrade and out popped Handanovic for the 50th bloody time, he is following me

chips1234 wrote: »
    bobby moore from first icon pack i did this year, neymar in a 80+ pick made up for it today though :D

Im doing the 80+ now myself, im expecting Strakosha he loves my team as much as Handanovic

Edit: No Strakosha, Jose Callejon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

3-0 down in a game here. Goal 1 - a 90 yard through ball from his CB back while facing his own goal to put Messi clean through. Goal 2 - an own goal by my keeper. Goal 3 - Messi glitches through a tackle and scores.

And now my opponent is passing the ball around at the back.....wasting time knowing I'm trying to do objectives. The amount of games this happens in is just insane. People are so toxic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

v3ttel wrote: »
    3-0 down in a game here. Goal 1 - a 90 yard through ball from his CB back while facing his own goal to put Messi clean through. Goal 2 - an own goal by my keeper. Goal 3 - Messi glitches through a tackle and scores.

And now my opponent is passing the ball around at the back.....wasting time knowing I'm trying to do objectives. The amount of games this happens in is just insane. People are so toxic.

Yeah, you'll get some real BS goals for and against you. I like when lads try to kill the game by passing around the back though. Means they have no confidence and can be rattled. Straight onto Constant Pressure and All Out Attack formation. They usually cough up a goal or two if they keep that up.

I just did 25 Player pick SBC(80+) and pretty pleased with the results. Saw a lot of people have joy with them and I would highly recommend doing them with your 75-79 fodder.

HVULHFW.png
    XI7BDq3.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

You’re not wrong. i got Kante the other day and this morning RTTF Pogba :)

Though I’m a bit overstocked now with rttf Maddison, rttf Pogba and Firmino. Good complaint to have I guess

dmigsy wrote: »
    Yeah, you'll get some real BS goals for and against you. I like when lads try to kill the game by passing around the back though. Means they have no confidence and can be rattled. Straight onto Constant Pressure and All Out Attack formation. They usually cough up a goal or two if they keep that up.

A prime example from a game this morning. He was 3-1 up and started to try to kill time by pissing about at the back. He pretty much gave up after this and I won 5-3.

• Advertisement

A prime example from a game this morning. He was 3-1 up and started to try to kill time by pissing about at the back. He pretty much gave up after this and I won 5-3.

Out of interest what formation have you found to be the most effective to close them down when you do this?

I have tried to execute this in the past with mixed results, sometimes good players will do this intentionally to tempt you to press them and then if they can break the press its an easy though ball in behind your defence.

Parawind wrote: »
    I just did 25 Player pick SBC(80+) and pretty pleased with the results. Saw a lot of people have joy with them and I would highly recommend doing them with your 75-79 fodder.

Just did 10 of these, best i got Van der Beek and duplicate Ndidi, i swear i think i have the worse pack luck ive ever had this version, i have packed all the best keepers at least twice, and best outfield player iv'e got has been base Casemiro untradeable

Out of interest what formation have you found to be the most effective to close them down when you do this?

I have tried to execute this in the past with mixed results, sometimes good players will do this intentionally to tempt you to press them and then if they can break the press its an easy though ball in behind your defence.

I'm playing 442 flat at the moment but had similar results when I was using 4231. Also works in my all out attack 3421 so dont think formation matters a huge amount.

Yeah, if they're decent players they might play around you and get in but I find that decent players tend not to try this crap. My assumption when lads try this is that they're not great, think they're lucky to be in front and don't think they can defend their lead without resorting to this crap.

I'm playing 442 flat at the moment but had similar results when I was using 4231. Also works in my all out attack 3421 so dont think formation matters a huge amount.

Yeah, if they're decent players they might play around you and get in but I find that decent players tend not to try this crap. My assumption when lads try this is that they're not great, think they're lucky to be in front and don't think they can defend their lead without resorting to this crap.

Im finding in the last week, if i say, go 2 up, they revert to drop back tactics, passing it around at the back etc, and use counter alot more, dont know why that is, i got caught early in the week, playing my own game and lost

I’ve actually been trying pressure on heavy touch + team press whenever they do this... seems to be working for me so far as they usually rush the passes and end up misplacing one or two, so I’m open for a counter.

HVULHFW.png
    XI7BDq3.png

Where is this SBC i cant seem to find it?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Shanee. wrote: »
    Where is this SBC i cant seem to find it?? :confused:

It's the 80+ player pick. You only get one card but the poster above posted all of his at the same time.

The pack weight does seem to be decent. I've done 15 and have gotten some very good fodder for future SBC's

It's the 80+ player pick. You only get one card but the poster above posted all of his at the same time.

The pack weight does seem to be decent. I've done 15 and have gotten some very good fodder for future SBC's

Ah cheers. Will do a few now

Opened about 20 packs. Few good pulls including Koulibaly, Son, Dybala, UEL Kubo, De Gea, IF Martinez, IF Consigli

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Aouar looks like a cracking card and great value for an 85 squad. Done him there and got him into my main squad on 8 chem. Will try him at CAM but looks like he could play CM or ST no bother.

• Advertisement
Advertisement