Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I see rb Mbappe is down to about 1.8mill.
    Tempted to try him out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Just like the crazy Bruno price, I think you're crazy if you go and do this Firminho card. Yes, both cards look amazing but you can get tradeable cards that are just as good or better for the same price.

It's awful that EA put this tax on first owner/prem cards.

Merry f&*$in xmas,
    Regards EA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Op'd ai defender blocking must be back, played 2 games there, over the 2 games 31 shots on target, 3 goals, feints, shot dummy, sidestep, nothing worked, defenders blocked them all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

As a liverpool fan I was dying for this to be a good SBC, but just like the moments Ox card it's just ridiculously priced, those two cards alone would cost around 1.2million

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,931 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Thought I'd play a draft, first game can't see my opponent's ball, there goes 15k.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I actually think it’s a fair price for it.
    He’s basically an end game card for the next 5 months until tots.
    You could buy baby Gullit but that’s an awful card compared to the mid and prime.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Cmacc4

Started stream on twitch
    Cmacc4
    Live now guys playing division 1 rivals

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Lads can you register for champs on the companion app? I'm not sure if I registered already, not near the xbox today and wouldn't mind a few games Sunday evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Lads can you register for champs on the companion app? I'm not sure if I registered already, not near the xbox today and wouldn't mind a few games Sunday evening.

Yeah you can.

Jeez i was on a roll this morning, win after win, nearly didnt want to sit for the dinner, back on in a few where it'll be loss after loss no doubt, ha

• Advertisement

Just checked the app there, thought there'd be loads added today, just a pack SBC though.

They added the Showdown card design a few days ago, Arsenal vs Chelsea is tomorrow......missed opportunity.

Changing my team up a bit do ye reckon I'm better with a rttf draxler, mbappe combo or an if renato sanchez, ronaldo combo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Finally finished Bolaise with about 4 hours to spare. Scored two outside the box goals in one game, 3rd one came off the post and hit the keeper for an own goal, hit the post another 2 times and the bar once in the same game.

Took me 8 more games to get the last outside the box goal needed :(

In better news, up to 52 packs for toty, so I’m bound to get absolutely nothing at all by the time it rolls around :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Changing my team up a bit do ye reckon I'm better with a rttf draxler, mbappe combo or an if renato sanchez, ronaldo combo?

Ive rttf ranato he is just exceptional if you can fit him into midfield id do it. Ice had himsimce hewas 82 so his inform should be still up to the task.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Ive rttf ranato he is just exceptional if you can fit him into midfield id do it. Ice had himsimce hewas 82 so his inform should be still up to the task.

Ya I'm a big fan I had him since he was totw. How about ronaldo vs mbappe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Definitely get RTTF Sanches.

Honestly try out Ronaldo and Mbappe in a draft to see what you like better. People seem to think CR7 is great but I had both and preferred Mbappe to Ronaldo. I found Ronaldo would get more lucky breaks but his passing and dribbling didn't feel good. Replaced him with POTM Joao Felix and he feels much better for my style of play.

Ive used both i think mbappe is the winner because of his pace, kills me to say that becase im a self confessed cr7 fanboy.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Jeez i was on a roll this morning, win after win, nearly didnt want to sit for the dinner, back on in a few where it'll be loss after loss no doubt, ha

Started 6-2, my best start in ages, before crashing down to 8-7. Maybe the quality was really low this morning. :pac:

Appreciate the feedback and happy Christmas all

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Started 6-2, my best start in ages, before crashing down to 8-7. Maybe the quality was really low this morning. :pac:

It was i was online :)

Sigh. I really want to love Cantona, and he’s great.

But I can’t help but feel he’s not 2m coins great, and that I’d have way better of bringing in two 1m players instead.

Messi, on the other hand, is a bloody steal. I’m not sure why his price is so low (comparatively speaking). Playing him as a striker beside Felix and he’s brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Would you save the icon swaps player things or get vidic?

Would you save the icon swaps player things or get vidic?

Nah there are too many tradeable defenders that offer more, vidic is good but he aint exceptional in any particular area.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Nah there are too many tradeable defenders that offer more, vidic is good but he aint exceptional in any particular area.

OK thanks, have ake and gomez at moment

Sigh. I really want to love Cantona, and he’s great.

But I can’t help but feel he’s not 2m coins great, and that I’d have way better of bringing in two 1m players instead.

Messi, on the other hand, is a bloody steal. I’m not sure why his price is so low (comparatively speaking). Playing him as a striker beside Felix and he’s brilliant.

Extra 600k get you zidane and he is phenomenal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

My team is worth about 1.5m coins. Every team I play in Fut Champs is worth 2-3 times that, its just incredibly tiresome at this point. Not overly enjoyable having the inferior team in every.single.game.

AdamD wrote: »
    My team is worth about 1.5m coins. Every team I play in Fut Champs is worth 2-3 times that, its just incredibly tiresome at this point. Not overly enjoyable having the inferior team in every.single.game.

My team is worth less than 500k😂

I post this and the next guy I play has Eusebio, Ronaldo, POTM Felix, Kante, Pogba, Bruno.

What is the ****ing point?

The value of your team doesn't mean a whole lot tbh, my upper limit with a 4m coin team is usually around Gold 1 and I was still getting Gold 2 with a full Irish team including 40 Pace Shane Duffy at the back :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭BrentMused

OK thanks, have ake and gomez at moment

I had both of those too and went with Vidic to replace Ake.

Just my opinion but he’s much better than Ake for me.

I think he’s exceptional value for 7 tokens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

BrentMused wrote: »
    I had both of those too and went with Vidic to replace Ake.

Just my opinion but he’s much better than Ake for me.

I think he’s exceptional value for 7 tokens.

Yeah, find Ake is very good barring his height. Great everywhere else though.

Hopped on for two games there - connection is shoddy, but still manageable. First game, concede 88th and 90th min goals.. last goal came as a result of my CAM passing to my CB 30 yards away instead of the CM right in front of him and then intercepted to concede the winner. Second game, my opponent has 2 shots, 2 goals and his GK makes 7 saves to give him a 2-0 win :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

67 packs opened. 1 walkout (untradeable - Casemiro) & 2 discard (untradeable) IFs were the best pulls.

Merry Christmas EA.

The drop back hoof it up the wing brigade are out in force this morning, as soon as i kick off and see the map, with Mane, Saint Maximin, and base Traore, ya just know whats on the way, 4 games i just had to quit, the game is bad enough without playing these lads

The value of your team doesn't mean a whole lot tbh, my upper limit with a 4m coin team is usually around Gold 1 and I was still getting Gold 2 with a full Irish team including 40 Pace Shane Duffy at the back :pac:

Yeap.

I'll be honest, I fear teams that are just pure normal rare gold teams than "super" teams. With those crazy teams, I've found they are poor players as often than not.

But face a team of just plain old rares, and you know you're up against someone with better ability, if they're messing in weekend league with that level of a team :P

Party bag SBC - 84, 1x TOTW, 50 chem

Showdown players too - Sevilla vs Villarreal, Acuna v Coquelin. Acuna looks a nice card with 89 pace.

They actually fcuking removed the Icon SBC Tab, it's gone, no Icon SBCs.

Party Bag returns :rolleyes:

Screenshot_20201226-180533__01.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Got OTW Telles, as a Utd fan I’m ok with that, could’ve been a lot worse.

Showdown players too - Sevilla vs Villarreal, Acuna v Coquelin. Acuna looks a nice card with 89 pace.

They've changed it so the winner only gets a +2 this year, was a +3 last year

84 rated Yazici, Europa League TOGS. God help me :pac:

Going for 10,500 on the market!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Party bag SBC - 84, 1x TOTW, 50 chem

Yazici...duplicate...fml

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

I thought my record breaker donorumma was bad but I'll take that after seeing the packs in here! Been a pretty crap Christmas for content

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Not sure why I thought it would be a good idea to do the party bag SBC after yesterday's pack opening was as bad as it could possibly be.

Dross, again!

I'm actually stunned that they've just removed the ICONS tab from SBCs.

We're over 3 months into the game and we've seen 6 Icons, all Base and Mid, all way more expensive than their tradeable counterparts, all now expired.

Imagine thinking "I didn't bother with 20 but I hear 21 will have Icon SBCs back, maybe I'll pick it up for Christmas" and then 1 day after Christmas there are no Icon SBCs in the game.

I'm actually stunned that they've just removed the ICONS tab from SBCs.

We're over 3 months into the game and we've seen 6 Icons, all Base and Mid, all way more expensive than their tradeable counterparts, all now expired.

Imagine thinking "I didn't bother with 20 but I hear 21 will have Icon SBCs back, maybe I'll pick it up for Christmas" and then 1 day after Christmas there are no Icon SBCs in the game.

Looks like I’ll be waiting another while for my prime Torres... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

Got FUT Freeze Casemiro out of that party pack. That's my best pull this year, card looks savage. I haven't played the game in over a week, it's definitely rigged to pull me back in.

Done now for a month or two, im stuck around 17 wins each weekend on foot champs i doubt im gonna get any higher and its just getting boring grinding same rewards each week, so ive sold up what i have thats tradeable until February or so and see of i can do anything exciting then.

Fifa community in a nutshell.

Just had a match there that ended up 8-8. Unsteady Close, neither of us ever went more than one goal up. 50/50 possession, loads of screamers. Really end to end stuff. In the end, I won on penalties (thanks to him not realizing I could tell which direction he was taking them by watching his players head).

I was buzzing. Even if I’d lost, I was going to send a message saying how much fun I had. As I was typing though...

“F***ing lucky p**** you did not deserve that at all”.

Starts moaning about how he doesn’t know how I won and I don’t deserve it. Some people take this too seriously.

He eventually apologized when I called out the stupid behavior, though keeps calling it lucky. But man, some people need to chill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

Just had a match there that ended up 8-8. Unsteady Close, neither of us ever went more than one goal up. 50/50 possession, loads of screamers. Really end to end stuff. In the end, I won on penalties (thanks to him not realizing I could tell which direction he was taking them by watching his players head).

I was buzzing. Even if I’d lost, I was going to send a message saying how much fun I had. As I was typing though...

Starts moaning about how he doesn’t know how I won and I don’t deserve it. Some people take this too seriously.

He eventually apologized when I called out the stupid behavior, though keeps calling it lucky. But man, some people need to chill.

loooool i always play a friendly before anything else first game of the day, i dont try score or anything usually just bang long shots so im not holding possession, anyways lost 2-0 to someone this morning who had 2 shots who then messaged me saying wtf was that and that i should retire :D he had 28% possession despite me literally trying to give the ball back to him.

i jsut ignored it like 98% of messages anyways but was in tears laughing

Playing managerial masterpiece yesterday, went 1-0 up, guy doesn't quit which is fine. He equalises after about 40 minutes then instantly quits! So he played all that time just so I wouldn't get a win. Funnily enough I had the wins challenge done and just needed to score a goal in the game so it suited me but Jesus christ how toxic is that

Had several people yesterday try to pass it around their back four for the last 20 minutes of a WL match too. Its by far the worst community I've ever come across

• Advertisement

Playing managerial masterpiece yesterday, went 1-0 up, guy doesn't quit which is fine. He equalises after about 40 minutes then instantly quits! So he played all that time just so I wouldn't get a win. Funnily enough I had the wins challenge done and just needed to score a goal in the game so it suited me but Jesus christ how toxic is that

Had several people yesterday try to pass it around their back four for the last 20 minutes of a WL match too. Its by far the worst community I've ever come across

Maybe he literally only needed the goal too. Ive done that a few times

Edit: Altho he could of given you the win after it.

Advertisement